Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Sanders down 10 points 5 minutes into the debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Stereotype posted:

Sanders down 10 points 5 minutes into the debate

What market is that?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

He's doing fine in DNOM16.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm finally back to even for the first time since that droopy-faced gently caress Scott Walker dropped out :sax:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Biden NO's on Debate Loser are still somehow for sale, despite him not being in the debate, and thus being an automatic win for NO.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

made about 60% of my funds on tonight's debate. time to put most of that on BIDENNO? seems kind of expensive at $.57, but he has to decide soon, right?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Abel Wingnut posted:

made about 60% of my funds on tonight's debate. time to put most of that on BIDENNO? seems kind of expensive at $.57, but he has to decide soon, right?

I'd say wait a little bit, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went back down.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zeta Taskforce posted:

What market is that?

Oh that was the "who speaks more"

I could have gotten a profit at one point but I got greedy and lost it all :'(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
So the market is saying Clinton will get the best bump but I still think the media will hype the gently caress out of O'Malley because of course they will. What say you, goons?

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Cashed out of all of my Biden No's to run. I still like it, but there's free money in the mean time. Hopefully some silly story comes out that gets people all riled up again.

Managed to snag 629 Biden debate win NO's for $0.97 and 879 debate lose No's for $0.97. Thanks for the free $45

I don't understand the O'Malley to win the debate market, dipped my toes in there too.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

District Selectman posted:

Cashed out of all of my Biden No's to run. I still like it, but there's free money in the mean time. Hopefully some silly story comes out that gets people all riled up again.

Unless you see a quick return on your other stuff, I think you made a mistake. A lot of Biden YES people were hedging on Hillary flaming out in the debate, and now that she's shown she's fine on stage it seems less likely he jumps in. Plus, the market will essentially close (or jump up to .80ish and stay there) on Halloween which isn't that far away, investment-wise.

edit: just checked and cha-ching

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Aliquid posted:

Unless you see a quick return on your other stuff, I think you made a mistake. A lot of Biden YES people were hedging on Hillary flaming out in the debate, and now that she's shown she's fine on stage it seems less likely he jumps in. Plus, the market will essentially close (or jump up to .80ish and stay there) on Halloween which isn't that far away, investment-wise.

This is a very accurate assessment. I think NO will be 70 by the end of the week.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Necc0 posted:

So the market is saying Clinton will get the best bump but I still think the media will hype the gently caress out of O'Malley because of course they will. What say you, goons?

Maybe, but remember, the bet isn't anything to do with that, it's only about polls that come out between now and one week from now. That's not a ton of time. The effects of the debate may not even impact the polls that are released within a week. I think Sanders to "lose" is the smart bet because his 35% poll is coming off the books next.

Aliquid posted:

Bought around $0.40, sold around $0.55, I'm ok with that. That's almost 40% return on a max bet. Only have to wait a week for the debate stuff to close out, then I'll see where Biden is at again. I've got about half a max bet for Diamond Joe NO for the D Nom, so I'll be happy either way.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bought around $0.40, sold around $0.55, I'm ok with that. That's almost 40% return on a max bet. Only have to wait a week for the debate stuff to close out, then I'll see where Biden is at again. I've got about half a max bet for Diamond Joe NO for the D Nom, so I'll be happy either way.

Yeah, all this did was really calm my nerves and reassure myself since I'm at about 75% in on Biden NO now, average .41.

edit 75% of my portfolio, not 75% of $850. Yikes.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Oct 14, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Wtf is going on in that market!! Will hillary really be over 40% she is horrible deviseve candidate!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good, goooood *temples fingers*

EDIT :siren: it's happening, hold off if you want more Biden NO

Hey, can I see ALL buy/sell orders or am I only privy to the top five? The top five almost gives me an indication of the liquidity of the market but not quite.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 06:21 on Oct 14, 2015

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Aliquid posted:

Yeah, all this did was really calm my nerves and reassure myself since I'm at about 75% in on Biden NO now, average .41.

edit 75% of my portfolio, not 75% of $850. Yikes.

Cmon son, max bet that poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cmon son, max bet that poo poo

this is student loan money, don't prod my ego

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Betting against Sanders' monthly poll numbers seems pretty good right now. It's 36 cents for a no share, he's sitting at 25.1% right now, and the next poll to drop will be one that had him at 35%. Not exactly a guaranteed bet, but I like it.

e: betting against Paul Ryan being the next speaker seems pretty smart, too.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Biden market is finally deflating

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Gotta say, I'm feeling pretty salty that Jindal is an option in the current Next-To-Drop-Out market when he already "dropped out" per the first such market.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Wanamingo posted:

Betting against Sanders' monthly poll numbers seems pretty good right now. It's 36 cents for a no share, he's sitting at 25.1% right now, and the next poll to drop will be one that had him at 35%. Not exactly a guaranteed bet, but I like it.

e: betting against Paul Ryan being the next speaker seems pretty smart, too.

That is a good catch. I just got some at 37. But I'm going against you for Paul Ryan. Betting that the establishment manages to guilt trip him into doing it

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself

Necc0 posted:

I'm the one who just pushed the buy price from 42 to 46 so I'm happy it tanked post debate.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah the speaker market is way too iffy. Paul Ryan might get one of his dead hookers brought up and forced into it and he might be feeling morose over his future presidential aspirations since the current crop of republicans are absolutely poisoning the brand (that poison is loving stark right now after the democrat debate looked to be so much more adult than the republican insanity), but at the same time he seems pretty immune to party machinations. But there's literally no one else who can win unless the 'sensible' side of the republican party decides it's to their benefit to give in to Webster.

Honestly if there were a market for "will the house be a clusterfuck until 2017" I'd buy a shitload of YES at this point.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Zeta Taskforce posted:

But I'm going against you for Paul Ryan. Betting that the establishment manages to guilt trip him into doing it

The Biden argument

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Necc0 posted:

I put a few dollars betting this and now I've lost a few dollars. I'm just gonna wait to see if it bounces.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah the speaker market is way too iffy.

I personally just think the GOP can't get the votes on him, and I can't imagine what the GOP would give him that would compensate for his work-life balance (which is already apparently under severe strain) so I bought a hundred NO shares or so.

EDIT: Also holding on to Biden NO shares for now and hoping for another bounce after Sunday. Fingers crossed it'll crash again before the Benghazi hearing on the 22nd, though.

Combed Thunderclap has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Oct 14, 2015

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There is no surer bet than the GOP house loving themselves up at every opportunity. Ryan won't run unless he has full support and there is no chance the freedom caucus goes along with that. Right wing media is already against him and getting more vocal about his amnesty support.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah the speaker market is way too iffy. Paul Ryan might get one of his dead hookers brought up and forced into it and he might be feeling morose over his future presidential aspirations since the current crop of republicans are absolutely poisoning the brand (that poison is loving stark right now after the democrat debate looked to be so much more adult than the republican insanity), but at the same time he seems pretty immune to party machinations. But there's literally no one else who can win unless the 'sensible' side of the republican party decides it's to their benefit to give in to Webster.

Honestly if there were a market for "will the house be a clusterfuck until 2017" I'd buy a shitload of YES at this point.

I'm pretty sure that Webster's district is one of those most likely to flip to a Democratic one after Florida's court ordered redraw. So that would be a hilarious choice that would take advantage of the Speaker not having to be a member in the future.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

The Biden argument

When you put it that way...

...you have a point. My mind is bound by logic and the laws of physics. For that matter so is Ryan's brain. I am incapable of grasping the hatred the ultra right wing has for political reality and governing. NO isn't easy money either. I'm sitting this one out.

Sold my 60 shares for a total loss of about $4.00.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The ultra right is perfectly logical when you consider they are incentivized to create as much obstruction as possible

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Sold my 60 shares for a total loss of about $4.00.

I'm proud of you.

I know I'm some kind of gambling addict because the the hundred dollars I made in four hours last night buying at 50 and selling at 60 is way better than sitting at my desk manipulating numbers and making two hundred an hour.

EngineerSean has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Oct 14, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EngineerSean posted:

I know I'm some kind of gambling addict because the the hundred dollars I made in four hours last night buying at 50 and selling at 60 is way better than sitting at my desk manipulating numbers and making two hundred an hour.

It's really fun, way better than actual gambling because I finally found a reason why I've spent the last decade reading worthless political news. I was just developing instincts.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Even at 60c Biden No sounds like a good deal. Wish I had deposited more when it was flipping around at 45c.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I actually sold my entire Biden NO stake for between 50 and 60, I might buy again in the future though.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

I actually sold my entire Biden NO stake for between 50 and 60, I might buy again in the future though.

That's a reasonable move, though waiting another 24 hrs or so would probably have made you a good chunk of change more.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

That's a reasonable move, though waiting another 24 hrs or so would probably have made you a good chunk of change more.

Yeah I feel like I play this game a lot. For instance:

EngineerSean posted:

just sold my first shares of Bidenrun NO at 50, feels good man

feels like an idiot when it's 60 six hours later

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

EDIT: ^ It's OK! I have the opposite problem, I play pretty conservative and always want to hang on to my shares at all costs. Case in point:

Does anyone actually feel like Biden NO is really going to drop in value again? Considering selling my shares as well but having difficulty seeing a scenario where I'll be able to get them in the 30s/40s again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Combed Thunderclap posted:

EDIT: ^ It's OK! I have the opposite problem, I play pretty conservative and always want to hang on to my shares at all costs. Case in point:

Does anyone actually feel like Biden NO is really going to drop in value again? Considering selling my shares as well but having difficulty seeing a scenario where I'll be able to get them in the 30s/40s again.

Either Biden or the media will need to play him up and build some drama for the big dinner event (name is slipping my mind). Otherwise, all the big Yes boosters are melting down and lots of people look to be cutting losses, which is equivalent to a big No buy order. Solid wall of such orders down to 50c now.

• Locked thread