Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

But you can chase the enemy jungler around spamming gutteral grunt noises.

Not as good as chasing them around going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhfEgQVDAc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i tried filling out the survey and all the questions are literally stuff like "how much do you agree with the following: I am depressed"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Lyte has cast Smite on u

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What kind of name did they provide? Is it just random words or is Lyte assigning humiliating names to rule breakers?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Lovechop posted:

I used to get banned every 5 days for 2 weeks for my name. Ticketing riot and asking to change my name was met with "lol"

Then eventually they just permabanned me.

Sorry I made an account before you actually put in a filter for what you can and cannot put in a name.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Aerox posted:

What kind of name did they provide? Is it just random words or is Lyte assigning humiliating names to rule breakers?

it would be cool if they changed it to something funny or a play on words but it's just 'PartSometime'

don't even know what that's supposed to be

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

ImpAtom posted:

I am incredibly impressed you somehow managed to avoid noticing the giant glowing arrows that long.

They were covered up by the upgrade things, so I guess when I didn't see the arrows I just did... nothing.

The worst part is that I actually used to play a lot of Viktor.

And I was smurfing 7 divisions below my main...

There are a lot of worst parts actually.

Ultimately though, the worst part is me.

rabidsquid posted:

How high are you right now foutre

Plat 3........... I AM elo hell.

TBH I think I have to abandon that smurf entirely, get it deleted, just cleanse all that poo poo.

e: Also, I just started playing in my schools league, and my team was going over meta champs to learn and I was like, "yeah, I can play Viktor".

Whenever you have a poo poo teammate, just be happy you don't have me on Viktor.

foutre fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 14, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

what the gently caress name did you have, i literally had ITOUCHLITTLEKIDS for like 3 months and nothing happened to me, unless its something racist or something I don't know how that even happens to you

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Lovechop posted:

goodbye, autistic weeaboo

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I wonder if whoever reported you was offended by the autistic part or the weeaboo part?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Please get it changed to Neurotypical Toonaholic

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

it was me, for I was the autistic weeaboo all along

Also gonna need this new Jinx skin, looks tasty

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blah_blah posted:

I've been playing Garen/Darius/Renekton mainly in top (Sion as a last resort when the other team literally bans all 3 of my preferred champions, which has happened a few times), our botlaner has been playing Nautilus/Annie/Morgana, and our jungler plays Xin/Pantheon/Vi.

Any thoughts? Who should we be banning? What's our strongest comp given the above champs? Who of us should be switching up champions/improving their champion pool?

Gangplank goes well with Pantheon because of the gank potential, so it's a valid pick if you want to expand your top lane repertoire. Fiora as mentioned is super powerful too. Your picks are otherwise pretty much the god tier list, so you should see yourself getting banned quited often.

The Jungler picks are ok against Gold players and you should steamroll Plat players too but at some point people learn how to deal with these characters because your comp screams tower dive. Skarner would really go well with your comp to smooth out the power curve.

If you're going for crazy aggression, your strongest comp is Darius/(Xin/Pantheon)/Annie with a lot of ganks, early game aggression and Garen banned. I get the point of the bot lane Nautilus but I think it puts you at a disadvantage if you're playing against people with good wave clear who manage to stall the game if you can't get good tower dives early on. You'll lack control later on by losing a proper control mage. Which is why Nautilus is usually used as a Jungler and the bot laner could still be an Annie or Morgana.

Otherwise you guys are mostly cookie-cutter, if they let all that crap pass through the ban phase you should be rolling in victories.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Zilean's new passive is okay.

lol who plays zilean anyway

Karnivool
May 28, 2009
Anyone around GMT+8 playing TT, would be cool to play with some other goons. Joined the silversquid channel last night but no one was really active

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Tired Moritz posted:

Zilean's new passive is okay.

lol who plays zilean anyway

I do!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
It looks pretty neat

But also broken as poo poo because it lets you get your midlaner to level 6 before the enemy mid and skullfuck everybody

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ashechat:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Why do her passive an q work better with shiv than pd

Joke (or is it?) answer:

rabidsquid posted:

Statik Shiv is cool because you can buy an Avarice Blade to let your opposing laner know that you have no respect for him

Real answer: if you W -> Auto to start a fight, then you get a guaranteed mini-crit on the Shiv proc. It's not huge, but it's completely reliable.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Is the shiv proc 200% or is it ashe's stupid 140%? Either way I think ignoring unit block is important for ashe so PD owns

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The proc works just like any Ashe crit, which means it's based on her crit chance.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

quote:

Ashe cannot Critical strike icon critically strike normally, but her basic attacks against Frost Shot Debuff Frosted enemies always Critical strike icon critically strike, increasing their damage by 10% + (critical strike chance × (1 + bonus critical damage))%.

I was referring to this part of Ashe's passive. Since all shiv says is that it can critically strike, if it takes her lower value crit damage for the shiv proc then it's somewhat less useful in all in fights but still very in short engagements/poke trades.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Elentor posted:

Gangplank goes well with Pantheon because of the gank potential, so it's a valid pick if you want to expand your top lane repertoire. Fiora as mentioned is super powerful too. Your picks are otherwise pretty much the god tier list, so you should see yourself getting banned quited often.

The Jungler picks are ok against Gold players and you should steamroll Plat players too but at some point people learn how to deal with these characters because your comp screams tower dive. Skarner would really go well with your comp to smooth out the power curve.

Cool, this is super helpful. I'm interested in picking up either GP or Fiora but have no idea how to build them on treeline because of the lack of BF sword items -- any suggestions for builds?

I think I can convince my jungler to pick up Nautilus or Skarner, I'm really not a fan of his Pantheon/Vi when he doesn't get Xin.

Any other suggestions for our AP lane besides Morgana/Annie? Would Lulu or something a little bit more offensive like Brand/Veigar be better there?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

double post

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

exethan posted:

I was referring to this part of Ashe's passive. Since all shiv says is that it can critically strike, if it takes her lower value crit damage for the shiv proc then it's somewhat less useful in all in fights but still very in short engagements/poke trades.

The proc critting works like any Ashe crit. I'm not sure what was ambiguous about my previous post.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

exethan posted:

This still gets multiplied by IEdge btw, so it's something like 170% the usual Shiv damage.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Ashe is easily my favorite ADC right now. She does big damage and has really good initiation. Arrow is so good that it often doesn't matter that you're an immobile target for enemy assassins. Initiation covereth a multitude of sins.

Her build path is almost completely standard, with the additional benefit that a crit cloak is perfectly acceptable to have in inventory while you're working on IE. Make sure to get Shiv rather than PD though. Ashe loves Shiv due to the synergy with her passive and Q. Otherwise it's the usual decision tree about when to get LW, when to get BT, what sort of defensive item to grab, etc.

https://twitter.com/c9sneaky/status/601195070470103040

C9 Sneaky posted:

Statik shiv sucks donkey balls on Ashe. The statik only hits for whatever your passive bonus damage is at.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
On the other hand, Statikk only has a 40% chance of even critting in the first place on a normal Ie/Shiv carries

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I like shiv on Jinx because if you crit on the first rocket you also crit your shiv damage and do a billion loving damage in just a single auto attack so you can get your passive going ASAP

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Mid Zilean dumping XP into the jungler early on could be a big cool thing for first dragon fights.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Why are people talking about zilean

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Mikujin posted:

Why are people talking about zilean

Passive change in the PBE lets him "bank" XP to give to someone close to levelling.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Now that Kindred is here can we have hosed up all adc games that vaguely function? If you shove Graves up top you have someone for every lane. Make the meta happen!!!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blah_blah posted:

Cool, this is super helpful. I'm interested in picking up either GP or Fiora but have no idea how to build them on treeline because of the lack of BF sword items -- any suggestions for builds?

I think I can convince my jungler to pick up Nautilus or Skarner, I'm really not a fan of his Pantheon/Vi when he doesn't get Xin.

Any other suggestions for our AP lane besides Morgana/Annie? Would Lulu or something a little bit more offensive like Brand/Veigar be better there?

I'm not familiar with top lane builds but the GP's I've been playing against build Triforce and Van Damm's. As for AP, you got it right, a Veigar/Brand would be better. What Tier are you guys at?

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Now that Kindred is here can we have hosed up all adc games that vaguely function? If you shove Graves up top you have someone for every lane. Make the meta happen!!!

I thought top lane was Quinn territory.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Buy a zeal and then decide what you are going to upgrade it to based on how much gold you back with after that. There's no reason to nit pick over the minor differences. If you are behind and you can afford the Shiv, just get it. If you have a bunch of gold get the PD.

However, if you have Triforce money, you have to buy it, doesn't matter who you are (this rule applies to every character in the game not just Zeal ADCs).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Shankel Magnus posted:

Quinn is support, obviously.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Libertine posted:

Buy a zeal and then decide what you are going to upgrade it to based on how much gold you back with after that. There's no reason to nit pick over the minor differences. If you are behind and you can afford the Shiv, just get it. If you have a bunch of gold get the PD.

However, if you have Triforce money, you have to buy it, doesn't matter who you are (this rule applies to every character in the game not just Zeal ADCs).

What if you already have a Triforce, do you have to buy a 2nd?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Shankel Magnus posted:

Play a bad team comp poorly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

What if you already have a Triforce, do you have to buy a 2nd?

Essence Reaver

• Locked thread