Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The best thing about Tales of the Abyss are the Sentai costumes. Too bad you have to beat the game once to wear them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the Story to Dengeki Bunko is this:

The Sega Dreamcast comes alive to give you the holy quest of saving the animes from being deleted from the internet.

no exaggerations

It even has characters from Valkyria Chronicles and Spice and Wolf.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Sega Dreamcast comes alive to give you the holy quest of saving the animes from being deleted from the internet.

no exaggerations

It even has characters from Valkyria Chronicles and Spice and Wolf.

so it's the sequel to segagaga?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

so it's the sequel to segagaga?

No it's a fighting game similar to persona 4 Arena.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Taint Reaper posted:

How do I sign up with the deleting squad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

How do I sign up with the deleting squad.

Pick the awful characters from Sword Art Online.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Dreamcast failed because it was a lovely console with only a couple of good games, hth.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Dreamcast failed because it could only give us Gaming's candy and not Gaming's ambrosia

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
The Dreamcast did not fail.

We failed the Dreamcast.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Dreamcast became the XBOX because it knew that only Superior Western Developers could save it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ekster posted:

The Dreamcast failed because it was a lovely console with only a couple of good games, hth.

It doesn't help.

It doesn't help, at all.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

The Dreamcast became the XBOX because it knew that only Superior Western Developers could save it

the xbox is where all of the extremely good dreamcast franchises went to die

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

abagofcheetos posted:

the xbox is where all of the extremely good dreamcast franchises went to die

Rip Jet set Radioooooooooo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=nav_search

Lmao Adam "cokehead" sessler

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yep Dengeki Bunko is just loving insane, just got past the Valkyria Chronicles part. It's literally Anime The Movie: The Fighting Game based on the best selling novel that was also a true story.

Like really why couldn't Nintendo have a Smash brothers campaign mode like this? You also unlock project diva colorations of characters.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 14, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

From what little I've seen on streams it's a lot like the Super Robot Wars series. They just dump all of their popular IPs in it and make up a batshit insane story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Like really why couldn't Nintendo have a Smash brothers campaign mode like this? You also unlock project diva colorations of characters.

What, you didn't like subspace emissary, aka people just kinda gesturing and running around with no clear goal?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
This sounds amazing, and I'm gonna play it some day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

What, you didn't like subspace emissary, aka people just kinda gesturing and running around with no clear goal?

What no i wish all platformers had fighting game controls. :suicide:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Real hurthling! posted:

So Super Smash Brothers, basically

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

You know there's actually people who think the story to that mess is "awesome". There really is no opinion bad enough that a nerd won't hold it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah that bothered me, it's really apparent in the new Skylanders game where the Nintendo characters don't talk at all and everyone else in the game does. It feels like a poor translation job even though it's not.

At this point it just comes off as stupid especially since the characters already have voice actors but they don't have them do any real voice acting. The guy who does Mario and Luigi did the Dragon in Skyrim, he has a ton of range, but they never utilize him properly.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mario always has and always should be a mute, he is literally just an avatar for you to run around and jump on things with. Bowser totally should get to speak again though, he was great in the Paper Mario games and it really was stupid of Miyamoto to spike that because it doesn't fit ~his vision~

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the plot of subspace emissary was dumb but it was fun, it didn't really need to be good

too bad it played like poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Mario always has and always should be a mute, he is literally just an avatar for you to run around and jump on things with. Bowser totally should get to speak again though, he was great in the Paper Mario games and it really was stupid of Miyamoto to spike that because it doesn't fit ~his vision~

Except Mario has spoken in full sentences in rather recent Nintendo Commercials and there's a few where he had a few minutes worth of dialogue. It's too late people know Mario can speak and at this point he needs to do more than just catchphrases.

Like you cannot be inconsistent with things like that and yet they are. It's not a style, it's just poor decisions and lack of direction.

I mean lets look how speaking was handled in Pokemon. The Pokemon themselves still just speak their name outside of a few special cases(and even then those special cases are consistent). With other nitnendo characters it's all over the loving map.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 14, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dedede stole wario's car

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the last time a mario game had a ton of voice acting was super mario sunshine

so yeah...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Instant Sunrise posted:

the last time a mario game had a ton of voice acting was super mario sunshine

so yeah...

Not really Mario Kart 8 had a ton of new voices.

except they were all stupid poo poo. Why the gently caress does Rosilina say her name? Like she's human and not some sort of monster creature henchman or something where it would fit. She's a loving princess and should probably sound somewhat normal.

I mean they paid good money to re-record a bunch of baby noises for 4 lovely baby characters that nobody wanted.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sunshine was cool when people weren't talking

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also you know what? Both Rayman games had less spoken lines than any of the recent mario games. Yes this is counting all the poo poo they said in pig latin, no screams or anything. Rayman talks less than the Mario guys. Mario 3d World, New Super Mario U, all of them have more words than rayman.

It's too goddamned late Mario is not a mute the cat is out of the bag and there's no going back.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
They put voice acting in a Rayman game once and it was real real bad

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

They put voice acting in a Rayman game once and it was real real bad

No that was Rayman 2 Revolution which had English. The Original Rayman 2 had voice acting too but it was Pig Latin as well.

Billy West voiced Rayman in the cartoon and he sounded like Fry.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i forgot about revolution and the ps1 rayman

okay, they tried putting voice acting in one rayman game and two versions of rayman 2 and it was real real bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the Rayman cartoon was real real bad and got cancelled after a few episodes

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Except Mario has spoken in full sentences in rather recent Nintendo Commercials and there's a few where he had a few minutes worth of dialogue. It's too late people know Mario can speak and at this point he needs to do more than just catchphrases.

Like you cannot be inconsistent with things like that and yet they are. It's not a style, it's just poor decisions and lack of direction.

I mean lets look how speaking was handled in Pokemon. The Pokemon themselves still just speak their name outside of a few special cases(and even then those special cases are consistent). With other nitnendo characters it's all over the loving map.

:doh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The voice actors for both new Fire Emblem games are top notch though. Both the 3DS ones and the SMT one.

like I don't get why they can do that well but gently caress up everything else. Zelda still has massive huge walls of text that fill the screen like it's the 90's, that should not happen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reap thou taints elsewhere, bitte

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why is it that the PC Master Race guys are the ones with the worst loving system specs and are still running Windows Vista?

The people who scoff at the "less than optimal" performance of consoles are running poo poo systems that they haven't even bothered to upgrade. And all they do is play MOBAS.

because they can't afford consoles, but can't afford better PC hardware either

they just have whatever dad bought them for school five years ago

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Have SE's DQ dubbing team do Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
also lets be real here, mario sunshine wasn't a bad game, it was just a kinda decent 3d platformer that had the unfortunate luck of being between super mario 64 and super mario galaxy

• Locked thread