Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
:siren:HELP IM BEING DOXED RIGHT N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BombermanX posted:

:siren:HELP IM BEING DOXED RIGHT N

CUT THE HARD LINE

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I copped a warning. It was a fair cop. Gotta give us some token punishments or the pubbies are going to figure out we're getting preferential treatment. I doubt we'll see more than my warning and Shazia's probation though, they know who writes their paycheques.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Korgan posted:

I copped a warning. It was a fair cop. Gotta give us some token punishments or the pubbies are going to figure out we're getting preferential treatment. I doubt we'll see more than my warning and Shazia's probation though, they know who writes their paycheques.

I just finished Operation Tangerine. We are going to be funded for quite some time. In terms that I think pubbies reading this thread will understand: 1/5 of an Oracle.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BombermanX posted:

In terms that I think pubbies reading this thread will understand: 1/5 of an Oracle.

AND my left nut

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

BombermanX posted:

I just finished Operation Tangerine. We are going to be funded for quite some time. In terms that I think pubbies reading this thread will understand: 1/5 of an Oracle.

1/5?

that is a good result

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That whole orion thread went magical.

Also Protogoth is some kind of ultra sperg flipping out over various grades of "hard canon" trying to evade requests for screenshots, etc because his wank material might go green instead of white.

Xean Mk 2 found! :tutbutt:

Oh yeah I'm also teflon coated, no warnings :toot:

See the path of goon ritcheousness ye filthy pubbies, see it and despair as ye yallow in ye muck!

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 13, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Was he the one saying the lime green and bluish green Orions in the cartoon are proof of non-green Orions?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Unguided posted:

Was he the one saying the lime green and bluish green Orions in the cartoon are proof of non-green Orions?

Nah, he was the one screaming "SOFT CANON" and referencing some sort of tabletop trek RPG handbook that makes brief mention of "ruddy Orions."

He also once compared Cryptic's lack of attention on rommies to white privilege and racism.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

Oh yeah I'm also teflon coated, no warnings :toot:

And of course not around the one time I want to play stompy robbit

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

DonDoodles posted:

Nah, he was the one screaming "SOFT CANON" and referencing some sort of tabletop trek RPG handbook that makes brief mention of "ruddy Orions."

He also once compared Cryptic's lack of attention on rommies to white privilege and racism.

I've read that rpg handbook, it's, uh, definitely an RPG handbook.

On the other hand, next time he claims that all the books are "soft canon," you should tell him that STO is wrong about Klingons because of "The Final Reflection."

quote:

The first of his two books, The Final Reflection, is about the Klingons. Not, though, the Klingons that we know from modern Trek, who come from Qo'noS and speak Mark Okrand's tlhIngan Hol and have bumpy heads. No, these are Ford's smooth-headed Klingons, imbued with a thoughtfulness and nobility absent from the more animalistic depictions that came to be canonized on-screen.

Ford's Klingons speak Klingonaase. Their homeworld is named Klinzhai, and they indulge in klin zha, a chess-like game that can be played on a small board or in a grand arena with slave children as living pieces. They swear oaths beneath the naked stars and when they die, they hope to ascend not to Sto-vo-kor, but to the Black Fleet, where they will face their enemies and kill them again and again in true Valhalla-esque fashion. They are a culture bound by honor and war, but even Klingons, it seems, question if life itself is just a game; characters throughout The Final Reflection occasionally remark on the existence, or lack of, the komerex zha—the grandest game of all, the Perpetual Game, where they themselves are pieces on the universe's board.

The Final Reflection is yet another frame story and discusses human-Klingon first contact from the perspective of Krenn, a Klingon who grew up as a slave, a living klin zha piece who stayed alive by fighting other children, sometimes to the death. Through his eyes we see the warlike Klingons in a way that we've never seen them before or since, even with all the detours The Next Generation took into Klingon culture. They are regal, cultured, and civilized. They debate practical philosophy. They love. They fight, yes, but they think instead of just babbling platitudes about war and honor.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

On the other hand, next time he claims that all the books are "soft canon," you should tell him that STO is wrong about Klingons because of "The Final Reflection."

tbf those klingons would be baller, i would love a scene where Worf has to logic-judo Gowron before stabbing his face in

but I am an unironic nerd, so

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

fakemirage posted:

And banned.

Remind me: This was the guy who sought to get the FBI involved in our valiant efforts to rid DS9 of changelings, isn't (wasn't) he?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

:siren:GET THE EXTERNAL PROGRAM LEAK IMAGE BEFORE THE FBI GETS ME:siren::siren:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why did you buy all the Sniper games?

AotC
May 16, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

Obviously it's because he's MLG Pro. Although, he is missing Sniper Elite 3 so maybe just MLG and not pro.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
That's like 16 weeks spent in star trek hell.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mogomra posted:

That's like 16 weeks spent AFK.

FTFY.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Clearly you've never experienced the unbridled joy of exploding Hitler's sole testicle over and over again.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Any guesses on who this tweet is referring to: https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/654044921922392064

My money's on either Xean or Fourxgamer. Chatted for a bit with Stoleviathan on DoffJobs and he seemed pretty reasonable about the whole thing.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh my god I love trendy's twitter icon, Sans is so great.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AotC posted:

Obviously it's because he's MLG Pro. Although, he is missing Sniper Elite 3 so maybe just MLG and not pro.

You're one to talk about mlg, pro, and a lack of sniper stuff!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Everyone ignoring that they are one of the few that bought Space Hulk. :smith: this man needs to be pitied.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

hakimashou posted:

You're one to talk about mlg, pro, and a lack of sniper stuff!

Everybody knows he is the original mlg. Monstrous Lard Guy.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo, this is why Trendy is a better CM than Branflakes ever was.

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/654115759417786368

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

Agreed. Trendy has set the bar so high at this point RIP every other CM.

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013

Unguided posted:

Does this video break your immersion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ4Esk3DE

hakimashou posted:

the new sto mod really isn't half bad.

I remembered the doff contest mary sue thing and immediately thought 'wtf have they done?' but I think i may have been too hasty.

he/she posted this on twitter

Sadly the green orion cause is set back with the closing of the thread :(

They really do need to make all the orions green.

Just like that @captainmatthew
Trip down memory lane and with more immersion breaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4N0KRMXBg8

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Korgan posted:

Amazing.

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013
Apparently someone got really butt hurt.

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/654136599098191872

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

Northerneye posted:

Just like that @captainmatthew
Trip down memory lane and with more immersion breaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4N0KRMXBg8

That 60Hz hum from the ground loop really broke my immersion. I couldn't even finish the video.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Crazy binkley was on esd again bitching about dental and the forums, he eventually moved on to this:

[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I think some people confuse Nerds of Prey with starfleet dental
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: common mistake
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: the NoP channel is a great source of help, saved me 20 bucks
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: Nerds of Prey -is- starfleet dental
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: Prove it
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: its the same people, but our kdf toons
[Zone #3] Bill Adama@coldpicard: Prove it
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: screenshotted for the next time a NoP says Dental is the fringe troll fleet they can't control
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: ok
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: have fun!
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to log onto my NoP toon and say that for you?
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I'll make a new account for the forums to post it and hopefully Trendy will get around to banning it when she wakes up
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: Why would you ever consider doing anything I wanted
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I don't expect people do ever do anything I say over the internet, that's loving weird
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: are you subscribed to NoP PS?
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to say it in there?
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: You do you
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: You're a grown man, capable of making your own decisions
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to say it in nopps or pm it to you or what?
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: obviously i cant come onto esd with that toon
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I want you to go gently caress yourself and post the video on youtube

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It never ceases to amaze me how many people still refuse to believe we're the same fleet.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Well, get ready Trendy. Another crazy with the forums in his crosshairs and nothing left to lose.

Dental isn't NoP. Nbreeki is Aiko. We are all Butts.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Just roll with the punches man. If that gentleman says we're not NoP. we're not NoP.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Maybe it's time for a third, even worse fleet.

Nah.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Anoia posted:

Maybe it's time for a third, even worse fleet.

Nah.
I thought dental was the third, even worse fleet.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The Dental Academy has always been objectively terrible, despite Sterie and Buschmaki's best efforts.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
That's hardly the fault of the administration. The quality of the academy is shown in the students it accepts. We take the dregs of STO and attempt to mold them into respectable citizens. Their failures to accept the love of Disco and Dear Leader are their own and no one else's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9599783-star-trek-online%3A-delta-rising-level-curve

Thank god, that's a nice change. My alts will finally get some of the IcoWar sets.

• Locked thread