Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Love newfies so much. Hello barnacles my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From the funny image thread:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hey Amy maybe next time you should stay in the crate that you've been using for literally nearly all of your life instead of deciding to make an escape through the side of it: (possibly :nms: because her face is a little hamburgered right now) http://i.imgur.com/ibW28hq.jpg

She ate most of dinner last night and unsurprisingly drank a shitload of water. She's got a good little lump where I'm pretty sure she got hung up and stuck in the hole she chewed. She's a great big pathetic pile of sore and disillusioned with the world right now. These crates made it through -two airline flights- literally across the world and yesterday she just decided it was time to bust out after nearly 7 years of having the drat thing. We weren't home when it happened, but there was a brush fire near-ish to the house yesterday and apparently lots of artillery booms so one of those things probably spooked her bad enough to decide she was done with the crate thing. That's alright dog. I have alternatives in mind.

She's walking and running around perfectly fine when she gets up to do it. But her head is a little swollen (and when I say a little, I really do mean just a little), she's breathing and swallowing fine, her teeth are sore, but she wanted to play with stuffed animals this morning so I'll watch her a little longer but eh.

I'm about 80% sure she's fine, just dumb as a brick.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hey Amy maybe next time you should stay in the crate that you've been using for literally nearly all of your life instead of deciding to make an escape through the side of it: (possibly :nms: because her face is a little hamburgered right now) http://i.imgur.com/ibW28hq.jpg

She ate most of dinner last night and unsurprisingly drank a shitload of water. She's got a good little lump where I'm pretty sure she got hung up and stuck in the hole she chewed. She's a great big pathetic pile of sore and disillusioned with the world right now. These crates made it through -two airline flights- literally across the world and yesterday she just decided it was time to bust out after nearly 7 years of having the drat thing. We weren't home when it happened, but there was a brush fire near-ish to the house yesterday and apparently lots of artillery booms so one of those things probably spooked her bad enough to decide she was done with the crate thing. That's alright dog. I have alternatives in mind.

She's walking and running around perfectly fine when she gets up to do it. But her head is a little swollen (and when I say a little, I really do mean just a little), she's breathing and swallowing fine, her teeth are sore, but she wanted to play with stuffed animals this morning so I'll watch her a little longer but eh.

I'm about 80% sure she's fine, just dumb as a brick.

:ohdear: Poor lil Amy! Hope she's alright in a day or so.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

The beast and her zoo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh glorious I see she's becoming a gradient too (Amy was fine, everybody. She's got lots of face fur missing and looks like a patchy idiot, so, you know. Accurate.)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Glad Amy's okay.

And yes, I remember a time when it was hard to see Bella at night.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
My little Kitty has found the love of playing fetch (Mostly with herself but hey it's a start).

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Copying this from the cute thread: Great Danes doing agility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6MoVDcT9-s

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Here is Kitty Pryde and Dr. Wilson in the back of my wife's van before we went on a 3 mile hike.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Hello big dog thread (I keep forgetting there is a big dog thread)

Here is my Pyrenees. He guards my goats and pigs. His name is Boot.

In July, we got a Pyr/Anatolian cross to raise as his partner. Her name is Belle.

She just turned 16 weeks (and is in an awkward phase) but she is already bigger than my pit bulls.

She's bigger than Boot was at the same age, and he is A Big Dog. She gonna be Big Belle. :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Is it okay for him to play with the goats like that

:)

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Is it okay for him to play with the goats like that

:)

go to your crate

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Boot is a perfect Pyr name. Adorable photos!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Superconsndar posted:

Who let you adopt a bear?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Who let you adopt a bear?

They're easy enough to trap; just leave some fish or berries in a very large dog crate and slam the door shut when they're not looking. Stockholm syndrome sets in quickly after.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9BpIz09kiU

Not my big ol' dog, but damned if this big ol' dog isn't hilarious beyond measure.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Superconsndar posted:

In July, we got a Pyr/Anatolian cross to raise as his partner. Her name is Belle.

She just turned 16 weeks (and is in an awkward phase) but she is already bigger than my pit bulls.

She's bigger than Boot was at the same age, and he is A Big Dog. She gonna be Big Belle. :3:

I hate you so much. You have absurdly beautiful dogs.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Bella's tenth birthday coincides with Christmas. Dogge should get something, by this logic. But what? What?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Obviously a bath.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Obviously a bath.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

mattfl posted:

Doing well!

Ridgeback?
Looks rather ridgeback-ie.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ilkhan posted:

Ridgeback?
Looks rather ridgeback-ie.

Are you literally retarded

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Are you literally retarded
Possibly. :)

Just a dane.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ilkhan posted:

Possibly. :)

Just a dane.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Rhodesian_ridgeback.jpg c'mon son.

But yes danes come in brown (aka fawn). Like, you know. scooby doo.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Rhodesian_ridgeback.jpg c'mon son.

But yes danes come in brown (aka fawn). Like, you know. scooby doo.
Its been almost a decade since we had our ridgeback (which was lighter colored than most) and I was phone posting and saw the shade change along his spine.

Also I'm *really* bad at IDing breeds.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Writer Cath posted:

Bella's tenth birthday coincides with Christmas. Dogge should get something, by this logic. But what? What?

Some raw country-style spare ribs, and a squeaky toy.
ed: or a Rowdy Trout
http://www.petsupplies.com/item/fat-cat-incredible-strapping-yanker-trout-dog-toy/495090/

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 12, 2015

Duplicity
Apr 30, 2012

Aww, come on puddin', don't ya want to rev up your Harley?
Misanthrope can I talk to you about Leonbergers? I am a prospective owner and I'm trying to talk to as many owners and breeders as I can.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Today, Amy fell in the toilet and broke the toilet seat. :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Today, Amy fell in the toilet and broke the toilet seat. :)

How does a horse giant dog fall in a toilet?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How does a horse giant dog fall in a toilet?

Toilets are obviously for dancing. We jump up and oh, there is a hole and now my rear end is in it and what the hell man what the hell I better flail and scream and kick water Everywhere because something's attacking my rear end and I can't get out HELP HELP HOLY poo poo.

This has been Living With Amy for 10/14/2015.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I love your gigantic doofus girl.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Duplicity posted:

Misanthrope can I talk to you about Leonbergers? I am a prospective owner and I'm trying to talk to as many owners and breeders as I can.

Be happy to, I don't have PM's but shoot me an email at todd-w@shaw.ca.

Duplicity
Apr 30, 2012

Aww, come on puddin', don't ya want to rev up your Harley?
Will do, thanks Misanthrope!

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Leonbergers are the best. This is Teddy and Teddy wants ice cream.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Halloween ideas.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

left_unattended posted:

Halloween ideas.

I'm internally screaming because there's so many bad ideas going on in this picture. One of the biggest tying that ribbon like that and giving the end to the kid who can/will yank the poo poo out of it, make the dog jerk and the kid go bang on the ground.

We used to do these pictures with Balen in Okinawa, full saddle and tail and mane and all. The rule was you had to hold your kid from both sides in case even Balen (who has been the calmest dog I've ever owned around small things he might hurt) moved the wrong way and unbalanced them, and the reins they got were just props- not something tied to the dog's face. It's also not super great for danes to support much weight on their backs, though that kid looks small enough to be in the okay range.

I imagine they just used it for a 2 second photo-op and someone's out of frame dangling the dog's favorite toy or treat but it'll inspire a lot of idiots to get even more risky.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I am a BIG DOG fan and went to a show the other week where I saw some good BIG DOGS.

I love this thread, and I'm a sucker for Danes. There's a nearly 11-year-old one that comes in for boarding and he just melts into you. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Those show pyrs are making me vomit

They cant loving function in a working environment with that coat just no

If mine had coats like that I'd euth myself over the amount of effort they require to not be horrible