Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Steve Smith Sr. got dropped in my league, I know he's injured but he seems worth a pickup if he's going to come back any time soon, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yes

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Thwomp posted:

I'd love to see what other leagues paid for Charmander. Guy in my league spent $42 ($100 total budget) on his successful bid.

$52/125 and $120/200 in 2 of mine.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Never thought I'd have both McCown and Bortles on my superflex team and not-depressed about it.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Should I be starting Bort Bort over Cutty this week?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Is there a way to see the winning FAAB bid on NFL.com? I can't seem to find it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How valuable is Charcandrick West for a somewhat RB needy team (like mine)? I was offered Mike Evans + Charcandrick for Cobb. That's a definite no, right?

My team, ESPN Standard, 12 team league:

Alex Smith, KC QB
Ben Roethlisberger*, Pit QB

Justin Forsett, Bal RB
Latavius Murray, Oak RB
C.J. Anderson, Den RB / Ronnie Hillman, Den RB
C.J. Spiller, NO RB
Antonio Andrews, Ten RB

Randall Cobb, GB WR  P
Willie Snead, NO WR
Martavis Bryant, Pit WR
Travis Benjamin, Cle WR
Allen Hurns, Jax WR

Charles Clay, Buf TE

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I should drop Theo Riddick to snatch up Sammy Watkins, yes?? Either him or one of my spare TEs (Bennett or Graham)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

One guy spent 91/100 in my dynasty league, and he went for 96/100 in a redraft league. Neither was the Charles owner.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lol my team is now 60% free agency pickups and this stupid, no good, worthless loving team is somehow still 4-1.

Anyway, I'm in dire need at QB, who's the preferred starter of these loving clowns:

Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Jay Cutler
Matthew Stafford
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Teddy Bridgwater (lol)
EJ Manuel
Colin Kaepernick
Alex Smith
Brian Hoyer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

dy. posted:

How valuable is Charcandrick West for a somewhat RB needy team (like mine)? I was offered Mike Evans + Charcandrick for Cobb. That's a definite no, right?

Alex Smith, KC QB

Justin Forsett, Bal RB
Latavius Murray, Oak RB
C.J. Spiller, NO RB
Antonio Andrews, Ten RB

Randall Cobb, GB WR  P
Willie Snead, NO WR
Martavis Bryant, Pit WR
Travis Benjamin, Cle WR
Allen Hurns, Jax WR

Charles Clay, Buf TE

Do not trade Cobb for Evans and West.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Am I the only one thinking Knile Davis will win the starting job? He's proven before he can handle bellcow duties, and he knows the offense. Is Charmander really good enough to take the lead back role?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

:siren: Paging Frank's Happy Place :siren:

quote:

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Cowboys will use the bye week to consider making Christine Michael the starting running back over Joseph Randle.
The bye is a perfect week to make lineup changes, and the Cowboys are considering a number of them. Matt Cassel will take over at quarterback, and La'El Collins is being promoted to the starting left guard. Dallas is looking for ways to inject life into the offense. Randle hasn't been the problem, but he isn't exactly tearing it up with a 3.91 YPC average. He has four touchdowns and hasn't lost a fumble. Even if Michael is elevated to starter, Randle will likely remain a part of the offense, making this a three-man backfield that also involves Darren McFadden. Michael is worthy of a speculative add in 12-14 team leagues.

He was still available in my 14 team work league - he's definitely worth grabbing as a lotto ticket now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I'm in a 12 team league where most players hold 2 QBs (even though they only need to start one). As a result, my late pick of Matthew Stafford is killing me. I'm also holding onto Alex Smith, but is Stafford (or Smith for that matter) droppable for any of these for RoS?

It's pretty bleak out there.

This isn't super bleak at all, really. Carr, Kaep, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, and Cutler are all top 20 QBs. I'd drop Stafford for any of them, probably Carr or Cutler or Fitz depending on your risk preference. Smith is fine and hopefully will be throwing more after losing Charles.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lol my team is now 60% free agency pickups and this stupid, no good, worthless loving team is somehow still 4-1.

Anyway, I'm in dire need at QB, who's the preferred starter of these loving clowns:

Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Jay Cutler
Matthew Stafford
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Teddy Bridgwater (lol)
EJ Manuel
Colin Kaepernick
Alex Smith
Brian Hoyer

Bort if he's healthy this week or you can afford to stash him for a week, otherwise Cutler, Fitz, Smith, maybe McCown if you think he's going to keep it up.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is there a way to see the winning FAAB bid on NFL.com? I can't seem to find it.

On the league page, below Standings, is the Activity heading that shows recent pickups, drops, those awards, etc. Below that is small line that says View All: Transactions, Messages, LM Changes. Click on Transactions.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ben Nevis posted:

$52/125 and $120/200 in 2 of mine.

$65 for me

RB is so thin, I'm willing to take a chance

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

:siren: Paging Frank's Happy Place :siren:

He was still available in my 14 team work league - he's definitely worth grabbing as a lotto ticket now.

Saw this and picked his rear end up.

Reminder, especially for PPR leagues, Brian Quick is back from injury. They have a BYE this week, but he has shown flashes of PPR gold in previous seasons with far less talent around him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

On the league page, below Standings, is the Activity heading that shows recent pickups, drops, those awards, etc. Below that is small line that says View All: Transactions, Messages, LM Changes. Click on Transactions.

Awesome, thank you. Not sure why they make it so hidden.

e: I bid $102/$200 on West. Winning bid was $120.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Awesome, thank you. Not sure why they make it so hidden.

e: I bid $102/$200 on West. Winning bid was $120.

Yeah, I'd bid like $77 in that one.

What I'm really not sure is why they show Roster Changes. Now everyone can see at a glance I benched DGB (don't judge me) for Andrews this week.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

I should drop Theo Riddick to snatch up Sammy Watkins, yes?? Either him or one of my spare TEs (Bennett or Graham)

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Sorry for the shameless self-quote but I'm worried someone else might pick him up

(current lineup for WR: Cooper, Benjamin, Wright, Maclin, Hilton. RB: Lewis, Forsett, Gurley, Charkendrick Lamar)

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 14, 2015

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Sorry for the shameless self-quote but I'm worried someone else might pick him up

Edit: Saw your edit, then yeah dropping Theo is fine.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thwomp posted:

I'd love to see what other leagues paid for Charmander. Guy in my league spent $42 ($100 total budget) on his successful bid.

I had 895/1000 left on my budget, spent 695, 2nd highest bid was 600 (all the guy had left). He was the Charles owner.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I hope Charmander does jack. I didn't get him obv.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Charcandrick West is going to be a stinking pile of poo and you all are going to regret your decisions.

But so is Knile Davis so there's no good answer here.

That whole offense is going to go to poo poo.

Nah, this is gonna be the year of DAT

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dat one portagee posted:

Should I be starting Bort Bort over Cutty this week?

Depends on how his shoulder situation works out. If I had to play them tonight, it would be healthy Cutler with a plus QB-friendly matchup @ DET.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pangstrom posted:

I really don't mind if he does, I'm debating offering him to the Charles owner, but everyone on his team I'd want, he won't trade. For a 29man roster in a dynasty league, his depth is really weak.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dy. posted:

Alex Smith, KC QB

Justin Forsett, Bal RB
Latavius Murray, Oak RB
C.J. Spiller, NO RB
Antonio Andrews, Ten RB

Randall Cobb, GB WR  P
Willie Snead, NO WR
Martavis Bryant, Pit WR
Travis Benjamin, Cle WR
Allen Hurns, Jax WR

Charles Clay, Buf TE

We haven't seen anything from him yet, so yeah that's a bad trade for you. Right now we cannot say with certainty that he would be the Knile Davis-replacing JC from yesteryear, because the situation contextually is no longer the same.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 14, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Dropping Theo is fine and yes, do it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Jay Cutler
Matthew Stafford
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Teddy Bridgwater (lol)
EJ Manuel
Colin Kaepernick
Alex Smith
Brian Hoyer

Cutler this week, Bortles/Flacco for ROS.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
winning bid on Charmander in my FAAB league was $61/100. Not the Charles owner, but needed to do something at 1-4. Same person also got Knile Davis for $16.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dphi posted:

Nah, this is gonna be the year of DAT

Thanks for reminding me about him. Got De'Anthony and Charmander now, at least for this week.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Am I the only one thinking Knile Davis will win the starting job? He's proven before he can handle bellcow duties, and he knows the offense. Is Charmander really good enough to take the lead back role?

His skillset is closer to JC's, aka the guy they built the offense around. Walrus is trying to maintain continuum and not have to change too much to accommodate Knile's mauler-style of running. I can see a 60/40 Char/Knile timeshare where they use Char between the 10's and Knile on goal-line. Kelce is also going to get his share in goal-line situations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Suave Fedora posted:

If this doesn't elevate Kelce's game then I will officially lower my participation in the Zeus Hype Train from "irrationally exuberant" to just "spirited."

get in?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone dropped Peyton in my 10 man league.

Is he worth a stash or is he broken?

My team:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

RCarr posted:

Someone dropped Peyton in my 10 man league.

Is he worth a stash or is he broken?

My team:

Dude you have Tom Brady. I'm trying to drop Peyton for Bortles.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

pangstrom posted:

Same. 1/3, the league I did get him in I am 0-5!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Dude you have Tom Brady. I'm trying to drop Peyton for Bortles.

I know, just wondering if it's worth a stash. If he has a good game or two I'd prob be able to flip him on name recognition alone.

Basically I'm trying to justify dropping one of the Dallas RBBC, because having 3 rb's from the same team hurts my soul.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

to :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Thanks guys.

One more thought: I have Green Bay DST, but in anticipation of their bye next week I noticed Carolina is available. Should I just swap them now?

• Locked thread