Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if CIG had a PR person they would probably have an aneurysm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hav posted:

There are statutory rights in the UK regarding goods; I forget the dating now, but it used to be the sale of goods act 1964. They can't just make up the wording in the same way you can in America, so if you want to know the _statutory_ right, go check for the sale of goods act. Terms and conditions in the UK are back by consumer protection laws.

While we're on this weird subject, as anyone considered talking to the SFO about the whole thing, just to see if anything is actually fraudulent under UK law? Organizations like this are often willing to have a chat.

[url]http://www.sfo.gov.uk/fraud/sfo-confidential---giving-us-information-in-confidence/serious-fraud-office-[sfo]-case-selection.aspx[/url] - square brackets in the url are loving up the url parsers.

Just suggesting that the 'novel' clause to their fraud investigations might pique their interest with a lack of company accounts, VAT irregularities and possible prevarications about refunds.
Yeah, the UK actually has consumer protections specifically for purely digital goods now too.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

redwalrus posted:

I'm still stuck on them screenshotting our posts... I'm not sure I'll ever recover.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Totally real.

I still don't get it. What was that about denying you "exclusive news rights"? What is she even doing? Is she trying to somehow pin you for something when she quotes you talking to Derek Smart or discussing possible mass suicides?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Totally real.

i want to believe but this is the internet, friend

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

they most likely wouldnt be dealing with half the poo poo they are

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Totally real.

did she send it at 5am or is that just some irrelevant time on the pic?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Line Of Defence Lets Play is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGv4xFujCDw

Was really good game very good overall experience

The game music is pretty rad no need for a separate soundtrack.

I had to reinstall. Made it to a base, got a weapon pack, teleported to the planet, lost my weapon pack, lagged, shot scenery with my guns.

Also, if you cannot connect try switching servers.

I think I did everything. There was a leaderboard but I didn't see people.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Agrajag posted:

Jesus loving christ you loving idiots: chargeback.

Some of us can't chargeback since we used kickstarter and don't want to piss them off.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Totally real.

I'd like to point out how CIG didn't ban wulf for dickpix, "because it didn't happen on rsi.com", since it was through gmail.

lmbo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Totally real.

Tell her it's none of her bloody business what you say on dying comedy internet forums. Why would she even want to know? This is insane.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

That's sorta the best part, is that they do have a professional one that by all accounts has a pretty decent pr management company.

Of course nothing at all says that Roberts is required to actually listen to their advice.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DOMDOM posted:

I've been going through my Steam list trying to get people interested in Star Citizen by showing them the CitizenCon footage, and then giving them my referral link.
Sadly, after talking to 15+ people, I still have zero referrals on the record.

Holy gently caress.... notacult

I'm going to keep a baseball bat by the front door for the first Jehovas Witness Star Shitizen that knocks on a Sunday afternoon.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

they probably already did, which would explain why nobody's doing it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Eonwe posted:

its Sandi

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

havenwaters posted:

Some of us can't chargeback since we used kickstarter and don't want to piss them off.

Shh, Don't burst his bubble with facts like people not wanting to piss off Amazon and Kickstarter. Let him believe everyone paid direct via Debt/Credit cards, even back when CIG didn't actually take stripe payments directly.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hopper posted:

Yes, but we are trying to establish whether they actually do provide the VAT number.

However, from a financial stand point CIG would not gain anything from not refunding the VAT unless they then fraudulently reclaim the VAT from the state and pocket it. (provided they correctly paid it in the first place)

Yes they would, note that they said they won't refund your VAT if it's been more than 30 days, that means they've already paid it to the government. I'm going to exemplify how they benefit from not refunding the VAT by using 20% VAT to make things easier.

When they give you a refund they issue a credit note that will annul the previous sale invoice for VAT and Corporate Tax purposes, otherwise they would be paying tax for sales/profit they did not make.

Lets say you made a sale of 120€, that goes +100€ into your sales account and +20€ into your VAT account. When they issue the credit note for the refund it will go -100€ into your sales account and -20€ into your VAT account. Those -20€ will be deducted from whatever VAT you had to pay that month/trimester, it is irrelevant how long ago the sale was you still get those -20€ in your favor. If you then keep that VAT for yourself instead of passing it on to the costumer then you just gained 20€.
Remember it's not really the company that pays VAT, it's the costumers, the company is just the intermediary between the government and the final costumer. If you at any point for any reason block the movement of those sweet VAT euros in either direction then you're either stealing from the government or stealing from your costumer.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Paladinus posted:

dying comedy internet forums.

you shut your filthy loser mouth

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I also have been fishing for a vat number. nothing so far, FOUNDRY 42 LIMITED is what the uk arm would be called, Company Registration No.: 08703814. best of luck.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Oh for cripes sakes, I spend too loving long typing out a summary of the major drama of years 2013/2014 on RSI forums, and while I'm doing it drama happens ITT. This loving thread...CIG...

Hi Sandi!

And hello getting VAT rekt - hope someone screenshotted the entirety of that TOS page from RSI, before they edit and alter that too - because son...VAT is gonna wanna know.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Yeah, the UK actually has consumer protections specifically for purely digital goods now too.

This is fairly clear - https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

My curiosity surrounds the concept of selling a pre-order; normally these are bounded by a delivery date, and at the point where the delivery date passes, the contract becomes voided. In the case of an indeterminate delivery date, do they use the definition of a 'reasonable person', or is there a specific clause for pre-ordered items without a delivery date. If you check the above, delivery is part of the contract between purchaser and seller.

There's a few interesting things about this from a pure sales point of view.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Wulfling posted:

Shh, Don't burst his bubble with facts like people not wanting to piss off Amazon and Kickstarter. Let him believe everyone paid direct via Debt/Credit cards, even back when CIG didn't actually take stripe payments directly.

for real, right? When I backed super early on it was amazon or nothing. That was a week or two before they even kickstartered, iirc.

got through Amazon to find all the transactions so I could start reporting problems. I'll start down that road too, maybe if they have enough reported requests they'll cave.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wulfling posted:

Yeah well in unrelated news how would one even go about selling your jpeg with life time insurance.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Remember it's not really the company that pays VAT, it's the costumers, the company is just the intermediary between the government and the final costumer. If you at any point for any reason block the movement of those sweet VAT euros in either direction then you're either stealing from the government or stealing from your costumer.

Are they actually collecting money in the UK, or the US?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wulfling posted:

why the gently caress would i even give a gently caress. im not the one who gave money to CIG in some convoluted way that somehow makes it impossible for me to get my money back and acting smug about it.

enjoy mush mouth snorting your funds up his nose or Sandi trying to jump start her hollywood career with your money.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Eonwe posted:

I believe they unironically see Ben and the community team as that PR office.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Tell her it's none of her bloody business what you say on dying comedy internet forums. Why would she even want to know? This is insane.

I will, but I figured I'd post up here, on Facebook and Twitter first. I need time to think through a professional, well crafted, concise email, rather than a 6000-word shitpost.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I honestly like Sandi a lot and if she were to give me free ships I feel like I could help spread the word of Star Citizen even further.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I will, but I figured I'd post up here, on Facebook and Twitter first. I need time to think through a professional, well crafted, concise email, rather than a 6000-word shitpost.

You mean a hello.jpg from the goatman.
Actually, there was an even better Jpg of someone loving a corpse in the Groon "poo poo up local" thread. I think it explains their business metaphor and your wish to distance yourself from it eloquently enough.

staberind fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 14, 2015

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Agrajag posted:

why the gently caress would i even give a gently caress. im not the one who gave money to CIG in some convoluted way that somehow makes it impossible for me to get my money back and acting smug about it.

enjoy mush mouth snorting your funds up his nose or Sandi trying to jump start her hollywood career with your money.

Jesus Christ, people bought into this pile of poo poo not knowing it was going to turn into a pile of poo poo and have done so through kickstarter and other means which means the money is not presented as going directly to CIG. If explaining that is being smug, you need to pull that stick lodged in your colon

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Having seen the hilarity that ensued around :pgi: and their Trannyverse crowdfunding and the resulting reddit shadowban, banning accounts based on social media or SA forum posts is nothing new for MWO bittervets. Welcome to the shitshow.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

staberind posted:

I also have been fishing for a vat number. nothing so far, FOUNDRY 42 LIMITED is what the uk arm would be called, Company Registration No.: 08703814. best of luck.

According to this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14433-VAT-Change-Announcement it's 'Robert Space Industries International for their 'UK publishing arm' with the shenaigans over when it was established. I passed on all the assorted other company details though, it was a pretty long conversation with HMRC.

Here's their Companies House details: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08882924

Hav posted:

This is fairly clear - https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

My curiosity surrounds the concept of selling a pre-order; normally these are bounded by a delivery date, and at the point where the delivery date passes, the contract becomes voided. In the case of an indeterminate delivery date, do they use the definition of a 'reasonable person', or is there a specific clause for pre-ordered items without a delivery date. If you check the above, delivery is part of the contract between purchaser and seller.

There's a few interesting things about this from a pure sales point of view.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/01/new-consumer-rights-act-gamers

That includes some discussion on pre-orders. If, as the act now says, it's treated the same as ordering a physical good in advance, then (with a few exceptions that would fail the reasonable person test) you're entitled to a full refund before release as well as that 30 day protection for shoddy goods, not what was originally described/marketed (which is pretty relevant), bugs etc.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hi Sandi. My CIG username is DINGO_LEATHERGRITS.

That bit I sent you in my request about my wife having received a cancer diagnosis, and how the money from my account would be better spent there and that was why I was requesting a refund? You know, during the email exchange we had before you put me in Customer Service Limbo for 3 weeks? That was true. It's also true that the money would be better spent if I literally folded it into paper spaceships and lit it on fire. But I didn't say that to you because I am polite when somebody has my money and I would like it back. Ultimately though it sure looks like I don't have much to lose by giving you poo poo, does it? Incidentally this is how you develop a hardcore community of people who hate your rear end- you take their money, fail to deliver, and give them no outlet for recourse. For bonus points- ban and refund the most vocal haters to show those who are inclined to be nicer about the whole thing that they can get results if they poo poo on you.

For extra bonus points, do something loony-tunes like stalk their conversations and try to intimidate them. You know where we've been? That's okay, we know where you're headed- and it ain't loving Hollywood, lady. Buckle up.

I've now hit up Derek Smart's totally legitimate class-action lawsuit email address and I will be pursuing that to the fullest extent when it absolutely 100% really happens because Derek Smart sues people and wins, every time.

In closing- gently caress you, give me my money.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
derek smart should put his class action lawsuit on kickstarter

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Sarsapariller posted:

That bit I sent you in my request about my wife having received a cancer diagnosis, and how the money from my account would be better spent there and that was why I was requesting a refund? You know, during the email exchange we had before you put me in Customer Service Limbo for 3 weeks? That was true. It's also true that the money would be better spent if I literally folded it into paper spaceships and lit it on fire. But I didn't say that to you because I am polite when somebody has my money and I would like it back. Ultimately though it sure looks like I don't have much to lose by giving you poo poo, does it? Incidentally this is how you develop a hardcore community of people who hate your rear end- you take their money, fail to deliver, and give them no outlet for recourse. For bonus points- ban and refund the most vocal haters to show those who are inclined to be nicer about the whole thing that they can get results if they poo poo on you.

For extra bonus points, do something loony-tunes like stalk their conversations and try to intimidate them. You know where we've been? That's okay, we know where you're headed- and it ain't loving Hollywood, lady. Buckle up.

I've now hit up Derek Smart's totally legitimate class-action lawsuit email address and I will be pursuing that to the fullest extent when it absolutely 100% really happens because Derek Smart sues people and wins, every time.

sorry about your wife

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Goredema posted:

:chanpop: Jesus, when I was trying to make him paranoid yesterday, I thought I was bluffing.

was there some super secret fps module that only 10k+ backers are allowed to play? or what fps demo is he talking about

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sarsapariller posted:

drat :smith: I hope your wife gets better.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sarsapariller posted:

:boom:

But on a personal note, sorry about your wife. Hope she makes it out easy, with just one painful incision, like my own mother did.

Sandi inadvertently supports cancer - spread the word!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

was there some super secret fps module that only 10k+ backers are allowed to play? or what fps demo is he talking about

Maybe on one of his many visits to bring pizza offerings to Lesnick.

Also the whole CALL THE TAX OFFICE ON CIG is pretty loving god damned goony, even by the standards of this thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

I hope your wife is OK man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
i too hope the wife is okay

and that SC is not

• Locked thread