Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Mario Mario: Ace Attorney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Keito posted:

Is that fully playable without any pointing? I don't have a sensor bar and nothing's gonna make me buy one.

Nope, just tilting.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That means "Yes, it's playable without a sensor bar."

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Thanks guys, guess I'll have to get myself a copy of Wario then.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Keito posted:

Is that fully playable without any pointing? I don't have a sensor bar and nothing's gonna make me buy one.

That's a shame. One of the best things I did recently was get a couple wiimote gun shells (these, the coolest ones) along with House of the Dead: Overkill and Ghost Squad. Totally worthwhile purchase with how many quarters I've blown on GS and HotD games.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

You can use a pair of candles as a temporary sensor bar if that's less of an inconvenience than buying a $6 accessory

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manky posted:

That's a shame. One of the best things I did recently was get a couple wiimote gun shells (these, the coolest ones) along with House of the Dead: Overkill and Ghost Squad. Totally worthwhile purchase with how many quarters I've blown on GS and HotD games.

When they released House of the Dead: Overkill in Australia, they made an (I think) exclusive Big Bang Box Edition that came with the comic, slipcase... and a pair of sweet revolver-style gun shells similar to yours :allears:.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Little King's Story is a beautiful game.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When they released House of the Dead: Overkill in Australia, they made an (I think) exclusive Big Bang Box Edition that came with the comic, slipcase... and a pair of sweet revolver-style gun shells similar to yours :allears:.

I looked it up, Bang Bang Box was cool - they came with white "hand cannons." But the ones I got have a second trigger mechanism for the A button. :master:

Overkill is a fantastic game, too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You know an off beat, obscure Wii game that nobody ever mentions? The Munchables by Namco. It's sort of the Wii's own Katamari Damacy/Noby Noby deal but more focused.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manky posted:

I looked it up, Bang Bang Box was cool - they came with white "hand cannons." But the ones I got have a second trigger mechanism for the A button. :master:

Overkill is a fantastic game, too.

I wondered what that second trigger was for :argh:. I've also wound up owning two of the official Zapper shells as well, incidentally. One from Link's Crossbow Training, and the other from Darkside Chronicles (both RE:Chronicles games are built for them, and figured what the hell).

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

mabels big day posted:

It was terrible what they did to the Vita version.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Has anybody mentioned Boom Blox yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mabels big day posted:

Gonna find a copy I think. GS near me apparently has one in stock but when I try to reserve it I get an error. I wonder if that means it is already on hold or something.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, MadWorld, PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, Samba de Amigo, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Endless Ocean, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, and Dokapon Kingdom were ok to cool games.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mabels big day posted:

Best part was the free-license music that filled the game.

Worst part was the bosses. All the bosses, god they were so terrible. Especially the last boss and the boss that was basically a pinball game, except awful.

Did anyone mention Pandora's Tower? That's a neat game that I've never talked to anyone that's played it. An interesting action-RPG with a timer mechanic, but one that isn't too pressing, just enough to get you moving through each level with urgency and returning when necessary.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If you have a friend to play multiplayer with, I would suggest the Mario baseball game on the Wii. Strikers is also good but they killed the online multiplayer. (Mario Baseball never had online)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Jarogue posted:

Dokapon Kingdom

Jarogue posted:

ok to cool game
No.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Madworld is bad but the soundtrack is crazy good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Morpheus posted:

Best part was the free-license music that filled the game.

Worst part was the bosses. All the bosses, god they were so terrible. Especially the last boss and the boss that was basically a pinball game, except awful.
Yeah I wanted to like LKS so much but the bosses were were so awful. I can't remember which one I got to (it might have been the pinball one, that sounds familiar) but it was such an annoying brick wall that I just quit out of frustration and never revisited it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

It is with friends that can take a joke or love monopoly mixed with Mario Party.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 14, 2015

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jarogue posted:

It is with friends that can take a joke or love monopoly mixed with Mario Party.

Why bother with this when there's Fortune Street (this is a serious question, I've never heard anything but poo poo about Dokapon)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Surlaw posted:

Madworld is bad but the soundtrack is crazy good.

Yeah Madworld is worth seeing for the music and ingame commentary but don't actually play it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mad world is fun and i'm glad i played it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MadWorld is the only "platinum" game I ever beat (on easy)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mad world is fun and i'm glad i played it

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Dokapon is super good. Sorry you don't have cool friends

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/151014/ashuley/index.html

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Is this by the dude who's doing all those stylized drawings of Paul Blart and people on Twitter?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if that specific piece of art is by him but yeah, that guy's name is Ko Takeuchi and he does all the WarioWare character designs/art in addition to drawing random poo poo on Twitter.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spooky

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How do you assholes mention Ko without mentioning that he does the art for Rhythm Heaven

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

What are some good under the radar Wii games?

Seeing as most of the Wii's catalog, outside of Nintendo releases, went largely ignored I'll throw in a few that weren't mentioned but that I still had a lot of fun with.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Best version of Bully. The wiimote controls actually work (unlike mouse and keyboard on the PC... :()

RedSteel 2 - Redsteel 1 was notable for being one of biggest letdowns of the Wii at release. Turns out Ubisoft went back to the drawing board and released the game everyone wanted all along (with a cool cyberpunk samurai meets cowboy aesthetic) ...and people ignored it again. This time it was really good though! Best Wii swordplay outside of Sports Resort 2 and Skyward Sword (whoops...uh...I think those were the only other sword games). NOTE: You will need a motion+ or a fancy wiimote with motion+ built in!

Battalion Wars 2 - A really really weird RTS meets 3rd person shooter. I loved the look and feel of the game but the controls got a bit out of control at times.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - A real sleeper hit. I think its got some newfound respect these days thanks to Let's Plays?

Goldeneye - Yes, a remake of THAT Goldeneye. The multiplayer died with the rest of Wii multiplayer but the singleplayer is really cool for being a (then) modern Daniel Craig re-imagining of the movie (and game) Goldeneye. As a huge fan of the 'mote-'chuck FPS setup, I loved this one. I had hopes it'd be the system's CoD (as I'm sure Activision did...) but it fizzled.

To this day, whenever someone says the Wii had no games, I scratch my head. One just had to look, there were a TON of good 3rd Wii party games. They sadly, got buried beneath all the Imagine Babiez and Circus Party Minigames. :(

Also seconding No More Heroes 1 and 2, all the Trauma Centre games (Second Opinion, New Blood and Team)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Get and play The Munchables

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Snuffman posted:

Also seconding No More Heroes 1 and 2

Oh my god how did I forget these two, they're so good. NMH1 has better writing and NMH2 has better gameplay, but they're both really good. Just do yourself a favor and don't play them one right after another.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if that specific piece of art is by him but yeah, that guy's name is Ko Takeuchi and he does all the WarioWare character designs/art in addition to drawing random poo poo on Twitter.

Well, the existence of Paul Blart is justified.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Snuffman posted:

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Best version of Bully. The wiimote controls actually work (unlike mouse and keyboard on the PC... :()

Why is it the best version?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snuffman posted:

Goldeneye - Yes, a remake of THAT Goldeneye. The multiplayer died with the rest of Wii multiplayer but the singleplayer is really cool for being a (then) modern Daniel Craig re-imagining of the movie (and game) Goldeneye. As a huge fan of the 'mote-'chuck FPS setup, I loved this one. I had hopes it'd be the system's CoD (as I'm sure Activision did...) but it fizzled.

You could also get a sweet-rear end Gold Classic Controller Pro with it :allears:.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is it the best version?

Huge heaping of personal preference...

vs. PS2, it has a ton of new content, a lot of which is aimed at motion controls (ie, the new biology class has trauma centre style dissections).

vs. PC and Xbox360, it's a bit trickier. Still the scholarship edition, so new classes etc. The graphics are better on PC and 360, true, but the new motion control stuff is very poorly implemented in my experience. The motion control stuff was mapped poorly to the mouse and keyboard and analog sticks. The mouse controls especially felt really floaty and disconnected.

I guess it comes down to your tolerance of the wiimote n nunchuck control scheme. All in all, I always found it really comfortable and in the case of Bully the mapping was really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could also get a sweet-rear end Gold Classic Controller Pro with it :allears:.

You mean the reason I don't regret my preorder of the special edition.

• Locked thread