Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mogomra posted:

Google Image searched this.

"What part of Buu should we give him?"

HIS CROTCH AND HIS LEFT BICEP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

"What part of Buu should we give him?"

HIS CROTCH AND HIS LEFT BICEP.

Well, they are his signature parts, we all know that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Smart money would have his antenna sticking up between Cell's horn. Also Frieza's tail. Just an incredibly complex head area.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

projecthalaxy posted:

Smart money would have his antenna sticking up between Cell's horn. Also Frieza's tail. Just an incredibly complex head area.

This was the first image result, but it wasn't quite as funny.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am like 99 percent sure that's from Budokai 2.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

projecthalaxy posted:

I am like 99 percent sure that's from Budokai 2.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh. Well anyway, Budokai 2's variety of new forms and methods were good. Super Buu could absorb like 8 people, Tien and Yamcha could fuse, as could Goku and Hercule. High five Budokai 2.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yes. This is outright stated in the movie. Freeza points out that Gohan could beat all of his soldiers, alone, and far faster than they are. The entire point is that they don't want to, they're stalling for Goku, since everyone together are still nowhere near a match for Freeza.

No, I'm talking about the bizarre Dragonball Online timeline, where remnants of Frieza's army attack the Earth at some point and are fended off by an 80+ year old Krillin/Tien/etc. so it's (presumably) an entire army of the dudes that random Namekians and Krillin/Gohan chumped during the Namek Saga (plus maybe a few people of Zarbon/Ginyu strength).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

New Leaf posted:

My Xenoverse human kicked the poo poo out of both of them. If I'm remembering it right, Whis gets beaten and has to retreat, it's actually kinda unsettling, like he's never been beaten before and doesn't know how to react and sounds genuinely frightened.

Really? I recall that if Beerus is on the field when Whis he'll grumble that if Whis wanted to be lazy and tap out he could at least put on a more convincing act.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Tokelau All Star posted:

I just blew through Dragon Ball in the last few weeks. Top moment has to be Master Roshi whipping out the Mafuba (even though he missed). Followed closely by every other Mafuba.

As someone who just did the same thing, the coolest moment is actually Goku and Master Roshi trying to stand up at the first tournament. The Mafuba is also cool though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Really? I recall that if Beerus is on the field when Whis he'll grumble that if Whis wanted to be lazy and tap out he could at least put on a more convincing act.

It's during a mission - either fighting Beerus yourself or fighting SSG Goku, I can't remember which - where if you do it fast enough, Whis joins your party for the fight. If he gets knocked out, he leaves and says something like "This has never happened to me before, I have to retreat". It's been a long time, but I distinctly remember it because to that point I'd never had him with me on that fight, then hearing him back off was weird.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So just so I'm kept up on things, they release a new chapter once every month for Dragon Ball Super?

Must be nice having all that breathing room for a manga artist

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh. Well anyway, Budokai 2's variety of new forms and methods were good. Super Buu could absorb like 8 people, Tien and Yamcha could fuse, as could Goku and Hercule. High five Budokai 2.

I absolutely love Shin Budokai with all my heart, but it angered me so much when it teased Yamcha and Tenshinhan fusing again...and then Tenshinhan just shoots that idea down hard and it never happens.

Hell, no game ever after Budokai 2 has used Yamhan, not even Budokai 3 that cut all the What-If stuff for reasons I fail to understand.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I absolutely love Shin Budokai with all my heart, but it angered me so much when it teased Yamcha and Tenshinhan fusing again...and then Tenshinhan just shoots that idea down hard and it never happens.

Hell, no game ever after Budokai 2 has used Yamhan, not even Budokai 3 that cut all the What-If stuff for reasons I fail to understand.

I love Budokai 3 but it has some definite weirdness. It has probably the most bizarre implementation of achieving Super Saiyan 4 ever.

"One day Goku was flying along AND SUDDENLY SUPER SAIYAN 4".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If I'm remembering correctly you go see Bulma in West City and she's like "yo I invented Super Saiyan 4" and then you fight Omega Shenron because???????

Maybe I am confusing that with Goku's other sidequest where you fight Broly for some reason instead of Kid Buu. Budokai 3 was weird.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Raxivace posted:

I love Budokai 3 but it has some definite weirdness. It has probably the most bizarre implementation of achieving Super Saiyan 4 ever.

"One day Goku was flying along AND SUDDENLY SUPER SAIYAN 4".

Turns out there was actually a far more involved storyline for that in the voice files! It involved Vegeta wishing back Goku's tail, then wishing the Earth over to them to simulate a full moon, in order to defeat Kid Buu.

All characters were actually planned to have their own storymodes, actually. Kid Goku's was the most complete/bizarre, if memory serves right. It involved time machines and Broly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

StrifeHira posted:

Turns out there was actually a far more involved storyline for that in the voice files! It involved Vegeta wishing back Goku's tail, then wishing the Earth over to them to simulate a full moon, in order to defeat Kid Buu.

All characters were actually planned to have their own storymodes, actually. Kid Goku's was the most complete/bizarre, if memory serves right. It involved time machines and Broly.

Further proving Broly is just a chump and not "the strongest character in the series, no really!", Kid Goku beating his dumb rear end.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Do you think our grandchildren's children with study the works of Akira Toriyama in a scholarly manner, and ponder the implications of being able to punch mans as hard as Goku?

Hopefully

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Covok posted:

Further proving Broly is just a chump and not "the strongest character in the series, no really!", Kid Goku beating his dumb rear end.

Broly was just really mad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Oh yeah...I vaguely remember hearing about that now. Sounds a lot cooler than what we got.

The Kid Goku/Broly thing explains why they're still sort of connected in the final product. I always thought it was weird you could unlock Kid Goku in Broly's story mode.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haha, I love that the three other bozos that hang around with Satan in the Cell Games are all just busy dealing with his empire now in suits

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Professor Wayne posted:

Piccolo is the best and I want him to be my dad. Especially if he throws me into mountains and dresses me with eye beams.

The other day I was trying to figure out just who it was I voted for in the poll oh-so long ago, and then it hit me.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 15, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

It's during a mission - either fighting Beerus yourself or fighting SSG Goku, I can't remember which - where if you do it fast enough, Whis joins your party for the fight. If he gets knocked out, he leaves and says something like "This has never happened to me before, I have to retreat". It's been a long time, but I distinctly remember it because to that point I'd never had him with me on that fight, then hearing him back off was weird.

That makes sense, but he never got knocked out for me since my characters just got ridiculously powerful at the end.

In any mission where you actually fight HIM or Beerus, however, they both have remarks in which it's basically shown that they're taking it easy on you when it all comes down to it. Xenoverse still has Whis/Beerus as the top of the line, even over your goofy overpowered character.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

If I'm remembering correctly you go see Bulma in West City and she's like "yo I invented Super Saiyan 4" and then you fight Omega Shenron because???????

But that's exactly how we got SSJ4 Vegeta in DBGT.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I drove a crappy Volvo station wagon in high school. If Piccolo had been my dad, I would have gotten a Dodge.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

projecthalaxy posted:

Too bad Budokai 2's story mode wasn't that great, and smaller characters could hitbox scam the gently caress out of bigger ones.

Budokai 3 4 lyfe

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Neo_Crimson posted:

Too bad Budokai 2's story mode wasn't that great, and smaller characters could hitbox scam the gently caress out of bigger ones.

Budokai 3 4 lyfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXCAcduo3A

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is the best dbz game. This is correct.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Professor Wayne posted:

I drove a crappy Volvo station wagon in high school. If Piccolo had been my dad, I would have gotten a Dodge.

Well no, you would have gotten whatever the brands of hover cars are called.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

gokus revenge for gba

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

you motherfucker

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I finally got around to watching Resurrection F. It was really good, not as good as Battle of Gods, but really good. Nice to see Roshi and Tien get some battle action. Can't wait for another Freeza tantrum in Super though, but I suppose this arc will be more fleshed out what with Goku and Vegeta visiting Whis to train more than once as was suggested in the movie.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I finally got around to watching Resurrection F. It was really good, not as good as Battle of Gods, but really good. Nice to see Roshi and Tien get some battle action. Can't wait for another Freeza tantrum in Super though, but I suppose this arc will be more fleshed out what with Goku and Vegeta visiting Whis to train more than once as was suggested in the movie.

I loved that Roshi was more qualified to help than Yamcha. The old man threw down, it was really fun to watch and I hope they do more stuff like that in Super.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
We're watching Dragonball for the first time, and we just finished the episode where Yamcha gets his rear end kicked by that mummy. It all goes downhill from there. (I grew up watching DBZ but he's never seen any of it. This is great!)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Watch the side characters get no action in Super. It will be Goku vs. Freeze for 50 episodes all over again.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

sharktamer posted:

Watch the side characters get no action in Super. It will be Goku vs. Freeze for 50 episodes all over again.

They should actually get EXTENDED action.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sharktamer posted:

So one thing I read in the Wiki that I didn't notice in the movie is that apparently someone says Shisami (the guy who Piccolo is fighting and Gohan beats by going SSJ) was about as strong as peak Zarbon/Dodoria. So Piccolo was, at best, fighting evenly with Zarbon. SMH at Piccolo in that scene.

i think the correct answer to "who is stronger?" is always just "whoever Toriyama/the writer wants to win, "and since whoever is writing the recent movies + Super clearly wants Goku/Vegeta to win fights, they're usually the strongest.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

So one thing I read in the Wiki that I didn't notice in the movie is that apparently someone says Shisami (the guy who Piccolo is fighting and Gohan beats by going SSJ) was about as strong as peak Zarbon/Dodoria. So Piccolo was, at best, fighting evenly with Zarbon. SMH at Piccolo in that scene.

i think the correct answer to "who is stronger?" is always just "whoever Toriyama/the writer wants to win, "and since whoever is writing the recent movies + Super clearly wants Goku/Vegeta to win fights, they're usually the strongest.

The Zarbon guy presumably also trained for 9 months like Freiza.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Frieza was also concerned with training to reach a power level of 1.3 million, so take everything in that movie with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Frieza was also concerned with training to reach a power level of 1.3 million, so take everything in that movie with a grain of salt.

in his base form which had like a power level of 300k or something

• Locked thread