Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

yes, but then apple failed to gain even a single point against the android phones

truly a poor showing
yeah they actually got the exact same score as last year's 6 which means the new camera in the new phone is useless and they may as well just stuck with 8MP while saving more disk space, some other test shows there's a increase in resolution though so who knows

also lol
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple-iPhone-6s-review-Solid-and-compelling-performance/Apple-iPhone-6s-vs-competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

either they're rounding or that's some fox news level of bar charts

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL this chick wrote about marco going free for his app and saying anyone can do it and marco is mad as heck. hes retweeting nerds and being the diva he is

http://samanthabielefeld.com/journal/the-elephant-in-the-room

https://twitter.com/s_bielefeld

cant wait for him tof uck up and say somethign sexist

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DaNzA posted:

yeah they actually got the exact same score as last year's 6 which means the new camera in the new phone is useless and they may as well just stuck with 8MP while saving more disk space, some other test shows there's a increase in resolution though so who knows

also lol
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple-iPhone-6s-review-Solid-and-compelling-performance/Apple-iPhone-6s-vs-competition

well according to the chart it actually got worse, so yes, it's useless

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

drat

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cremnob posted:

LOL this chick wrote about marco going free for his app and saying anyone can do it and marco is mad as heck. hes retweeting nerds and being the diva he is

http://samanthabielefeld.com/journal/the-elephant-in-the-room

https://twitter.com/s_bielefeld

cant wait for him tof uck up and say somethign sexist

this exchange makes no sense to me and i even read it upside down or however twitter orders messages

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it probably makes sense in cremnobs head

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

either they're rounding or that's some fox news level of bar charts
yeah that's actually wasn't the shadiness i was talking about but still lol to see

they publish lens scores based on resolution, but instead of using an optical bench and measuring transmission like MTF charts like every other lens manufactures have done ever, they do it with camera bodies and judge the resolution that way
which means that canon can make a million dollar 10-1000mm f/1.0 lens with perfect resolution, it will still score lower than nikon or sony lens that's tested with higher megapixel body

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nobody actually cares about gruber or marco fyi

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

nobody actually cares about gruber or marco fyi

actually...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

are there any windows compatible keyboards that are just like the mac ones? i am so used to this that i hate using whatever i have at home

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Logitech k810/811/800

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I use a logitech k750 at work and like it ok

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I use an old Apple Pro USB keyboard as I prefer its layout compared to newer Apple keyboards.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

You Am I posted:

I use an old Apple Pro USB keyboard as I prefer its layout compared to newer Apple keyboards.

now that's a good keyboard

an unsung hero like the dell OEM keyboard

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
apple should make people buy apps like notes off the app store instead of giving them out for free with their phones. its not fair to little guys like vesper, just as microsoft bundling an app that plays music and video was not fair to some strawman european company somewhere making an mp3 player

if podcasts werent free, little guy marco wouldn't have had to make his overcast app free to compete. altogether, apple drives down costs, stifles innovation, and is anticompetitive! bad apple!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

that free notes app on the $650+ dollar phone

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
a fourth 11.1 beta has hit the app store

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

hopefully when the real thing comes out it'll fix the lag el cap introduced to my mini and air 😁👍🏼

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

apple should make people buy apps like notes off the app store instead of giving them out for free with their phones. its not fair to little guys like vesper, just as microsoft bundling an app that plays music and video was not fair to some strawman european company somewhere making an mp3 player

if podcasts werent free, little guy marco wouldn't have had to make his overcast app free to compete. altogether, apple drives down costs, stifles innovation, and is anticompetitive! bad apple!

I just dropped half a grand on a glorified placemat and now I have to spend money to take notes??

they're doing the right bmthing by supplying poo poo apps with their product. apps that tap into hidden Apis that nothing else can

ever notice how dim you could turn down the built in book app??? further than anything else

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

i was going to laugh at marco telling people if they work hard like him they'll become rich too, but i can't argue with the chorus of randian white dudes he retweeted

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

I just dropped half a grand on a glorified placemat and now I have to spend money to take notes??

they're doing the right bmthing by supplying poo poo apps with their product. apps that tap into hidden Apis that nothing else can

ever notice how dim you could turn down the built in book app??? further than anything else

you can do that anywhere too if you use the zoom function without actually zooming but instead add a filter to make things darker and then make the triple tapping home key to 'zoom'

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

are there any windows compatible keyboards that are just like the mac ones? i am so used to this that i hate using whatever i have at home

with a lil driver fuckery, you can use an apple kb and trackpad on windows (note: much harder for the trackpad on 8 and 10)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

echinopsis posted:

no i dont think ive ever so much as opened that app

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

the mac ones work fine on Windows. macs have bootcamp after all.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DaNzA posted:

you can do that anywhere too if you use the zoom function without actually zooming but instead add a filter to make things darker and then make the triple tapping home key to 'zoom'

did it dim the backlight?

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

did it dim the backlight?

:ssh: apple just puts a black overlay over ibooks

kindle people got really mad about 'private apis' a while ago then realized that whoops its just a black tint

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

TwoDice posted:

kindle people got really mad about 'private apis' a while ago then realized that whoops its just a black tint

lmao

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Vintersorg posted:

the closest i've found since the icekey is no longer made is a moshi luna

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TwoDice posted:

really ok i doesnt seem like it welp

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

echinopsis posted:

really ok i doesnt seem like it welp

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
unfair appleapis suchas "A Black Overlay"

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

appleapis

mmm pies

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

TwoDice posted:

that's amazing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
guys i have some sad news. i passed away this past sunday. rip me. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/10/15/apples-biggest-fan-has-died/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wait who the heck is that guy

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
wait is the tysons corner store the number 1 apple store?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wrap it up cjs, tim's coming for your job

quote:

Speaking to more than a thousand Apple IT administrators was Fletcher Previn, vice president of Workplace-as-a-Service at IBM. Big Blue began offering employees the ability to use a Mac at work starting on June 1, and adoption has been a tremendous success.

Previn revealed that IBM is now deploying 1,900 Macs per week, and there are currently 130,000 iOS and Mac devices at use within the company. All of these devices are supported by just 24 help desk staff members.

Further, Previn revealed that just 5 percent of Mac users call IBM’s internal help desk for assistance, compared to 40 percent of PC users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

wait is the tysons corner store the number 1 apple store?

according to wiki, yes. kinda surprising since there's absolutely nothing special about it and it's not even in a particularly high-volume part of the mall.

apparently it and the glendale store opened the same day, but tyson's opened first due to time zones

• Locked thread