Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

During Kid Loki's JiM they did a weird thing where Hell had a bunch of guys who all said they ruled Hell but didn't really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

^ This is canon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah Marvel's had a lot of situations where Satan showed up and was later revealed to be Mephisto or some other dweeb instead of the proper devil.

That storyline where Wolverine went to hell but was SO BADASS the devil couldn't break him and ended up losing control of hell was ridiculous, and JiM directly referenced it when talking about "dudes who say they're Satan".

The last time the proper devil appeared that I know of was a really lame cameo in Chaos Wars, where he nobly sacrificed himself to stop a greater threat. You know, like the devil is known for.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mephisto is more of a dick than Satan, which is hilarious.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

They really don't need Mephisto's rights. They can just use.... y'know. Satan.

Eh, parent watch groups would be all over it, you'd need a pseudonym, something close but not dropping the big S bomb. Like Stan.

They'd have to write him as a really convincing manipulator too, maybe someone kindly on the surface who is working with an agenda. And maybe in the shape of an old man to help put people off their guard.

What I'm saying is Stan Lee's cameo should be as Satan.

(Please don't.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah Marvel's had a lot of situations where Satan showed up and was later revealed to be Mephisto or some other dweeb instead of the proper devil.

There was the time when Ghost Rider teamed up with Jesus, who turned out to be Satan in disguise, wasn't there?

I have to admit, I sort of like that Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider origin story where he's like, "I learned that my father was going to die, and knew there was only one person I could turn to for help... SATAN!"

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't Satan cripple Professor X? Or was that an alien named Satan?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That was a guy named Lucifer.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lucifer_(Quist)_(Earth-616)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

During Kid Loki's JiM they did a weird thing where Hell had a bunch of guys who all said they ruled Hell but didn't really.

They should do a Young Avengers movie with Kid Loki. Everyone loves Kid Loki.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Mephisto was in the Ghost Rider movie, so wouldn't that mean that since Ghost Rider is back in the Marvel fold they'd have the rights back?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That character is actually credited as Mephistopheles.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I still think we're gonna see shades of Loki's JiM storyline in the MCU. Loki's actions kinda seem like the acts of someone who knows the future and is manipulating events to the best results he can. A few eggs get broken on the way, is all.

I'm a terrible Loki apologist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They'll probably do a Young Loki story once Tom Hiddleston gets tired of the part.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Have Gareth Edwards direct Planet Hulk. Boom, I solved your problem.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Ghost Rider/Jesus retcon was another product of the genius of Jim "Hank Pym slaps his wife and Carol Danvers gives birth to her own rapist" Shooter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some news today about a few projects:

-FX announced they are developing 'Y: The Last Man' as a TV series. I hope this actually turns into something for once, since it's a great series and it deserves way more attention.

-Thor: Ragnarok will reportedly involve Thor and Hulk going on some kind of 'cosmic journey', which is a bit of a clarification on an earlier rumor as to Hulk's appearance in the film. The report also mentions that Marvel plans to have both Valkyrie and The Enchantress appear in the movie. How much of an involvement is unclear at this point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/14/thor-ragnarok-a-cosmic-road-trip-movie-with-hulk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who(se)ever doesn't get Captain Marvel can just be Valkyrie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Who(se)ever doesn't get Captain Marvel can just be Valkyrie.

Valkyrie or Angela would be perfect for her. Just needs to fight not emote.

And Thor/Hulk buddy film where they punch Surtur in his sweaty balls would be a lot of fun. Also Enchantress :fap:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

twistedmentat posted:

And Thor/Hulk buddy film where they punch Surtur in his sweaty balls would be a lot of fun. Also Enchantress :fap:

They already started filming. Here's a leaked picture:

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 15, 2015

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There was a surprise announcement that Marvel and FOX are teaming up to create two shows based on X-Men concepts for TV. One is a proposed series about the Hellfire Club set in the 1960s. Another revolves around Charles Xavier's mutant son Legion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...c21997b6e000032

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was a surprise announcement that Marvel and FOX are teaming up to create two shows based on X-Men concepts for TV. One is a proposed series about the Hellfire Club set in the 1960s. Another revolves around Charles Xavier's mutant son Legion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...c21997b6e000032

So it will just be this?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwnzp9_the-avengers-1966-s04e21-a-touch-of-brimstone_shortfilms

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Comfortador posted:

They already started filming. Here's a leaked picture:

http://i60.tinypic.com/20jo5j.jpg

Concept art for Enchantress suggests that they are looking to cast a giraffe for her role.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The fact that they're sticking Hulk in other movies is either a good indicator of them building up to a solo film or them not having any confidence in a solo film.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

According to denofgeek.com (of which I know nothing) Marvel gave Fox the go ahead for the two X-Men TV shows in exchange for the Fantastic Four rights, and there'll be a MCU FF film in 2020. It certainly seems a plausible exchange and would be loving amazing for the MCU but I don't want to get my hopes up until a something more reputable source carries the story.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

The fact that they're sticking Hulk in other movies is either a good indicator of them building up to a solo film or them not having any confidence in a solo film.
It's because Universal still has some rights to a Hulk solo film. But if Hulk appears in another project, they have no control over it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gavok writes for denofgeek.com so it's probably full of poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

rantmo posted:

According to denofgeek.com (of which I know nothing) Marvel gave Fox the go ahead for the two X-Men TV shows in exchange for the Fantastic Four rights, and there'll be a MCU FF film in 2020. It certainly seems a plausible exchange

It really doesn't.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

rantmo posted:

According to denofgeek.com (of which I know nothing) Marvel gave Fox the go ahead for the two X-Men TV shows in exchange for the Fantastic Four rights, and there'll be a MCU FF film in 2020. It certainly seems a plausible exchange and would be loving amazing for the MCU but I don't want to get my hopes up until a something more reputable source carries the story.

Yeah, I'll believe it when a non-fansite like Variety or THR reports it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their actual claim is that Marvel gave them the X-Men TV rights, not just signed off on the 2.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MrAristocrates posted:

It really doesn't.

Oh, ok never mind then. On the other hand, FF was excoriated and reviled, it's a toxic property that Fox will have to sit on for an even longer interval than last time, and even then they've tried three times to get a proper hit out of the franchise and have failed three times; I'm not just talking box office (they might all three have ultimately been profitable) I also mean in terms of the reception by the public. No one really thinks on the first two films that fondly, other than Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis, and no one thinks of F4 in any positive light at all. If you can hop on the comic book TV bandwagon with X-shows, a huge fuckoff franchise with a massive potential audience, why wouldn't you trade box office poison for the green light?

Barry Convex posted:

Yeah, I'll believe it when a non-fansite like Variety or THR reports it.

Yeah, I'm skeptical given the source, but at least it's something to talk/dream about.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
FF MCU 2020 rumors

BE STILL, MY HEART

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'll be really surprised if the Legion series with Marvel co-producing it is any more than Marvel handing them suggestions and Fox throwing it in the trash.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like it's a believable rumor because some deal had to have been made to move Marvel from blocking Fox's TV plans to actively cooperative with them

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why don't they just make an actual goddamn X-men show instead of oblique referential shows.

I dunno how you make a Legion show without featuring prominently Charles Xavier.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DOCTOR DOOM MCU 2020 rumors

BE STILL, MY HEART

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I don't need another F4 movie but I'd love to see them exist as a team and be supporting characters in the universe.

Also Marvel needed more crossover level big villains for their next phases to lead to and this would give them two with Doom and Galactus. If this is true I'd say there's a chance we get Skrulls or Silver Surfer in GOTG 2.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Why don't they just make an actual goddamn X-men show instead of oblique referential shows.
Non-stop X-effects are expensive.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

Non-stop X-effects are expensive.

Legion has all the powers though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

I dunno how you make a Legion show without featuring prominently Charles Xavier.

Because the X-Men are a movie property and you can't devalue that with a TV show, something something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Legion has all the powers though.
But does this tv version of Legion? You'll probably get one or two times an episode some kind of whoa-look moment, like AoS.

• Locked thread