Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I have future Cowboys breakout star, Christine Michael available! Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
taking offers for my wide receivers (sans fitzgerald and maclin) in exchange for running backs or a qb

edit: i'm pick six pack

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 15, 2015

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

TubeStank posted:

taking offers for my wide receivers (sans fitzgerald and maclin) in exchange for running backs or a qb

edit: i'm pick six pack

your team is good enough already, enjoy beating me by 50 this week

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It figures the week I finally drop Ahmad Bradshaw, he signs with the Colts

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
If anyone would like Washington's Derek Carrier as a bye-week fill-in, I would gladly move him for even the humblest of running backs.

He got me a win last week so I know he works.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
A Brees - Matty Ice head-to-head matchup in both real life and fantasy tonight! Gonna be a fun game to watch. I'm torn because I want Brees to do badly, but I also want the Falcons to lose and drop out of first place in the NFC South (at least until the Panthers play the Seahawks). So, hopefully Ingram rushes for 300 yards and Brees passes like 11 times.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Retemnav posted:

A Brees - Matty Ice head-to-head matchup in both real life and fantasy tonight! Gonna be a fun game to watch. I'm torn because I want Brees to do badly, but I also want the Falcons to lose and drop out of first place in the NFC South (at least until the Panthers play the Seahawks). So, hopefully Ingram rushes for 300 yards and Brees passes like 11 times.

Your team doesn't need any more help. Even if Brees passes for 400 yards and 5 TDs you'll still win because your team is much better than mine.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
You assholes are pretty quick to pickup the backups to my injured running backs

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Your team doesn't need any more help. Even if Brees passes for 400 yards and 5 TDs you'll still win because your team is much better than mine.

Nooooope, don't pull this reverse psychology BS on me, my team is poo poo and will let me down when I need them most!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You are 4-1 with the 3rd highest points total in the league. I'm 1-4 and my team is terrible. Enjoy 5-1.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
5-1 vs. 5-1! 2 of my top scorers are on bye, and 3 of Cerv's top scorers are out and he's still estimated to beat me by 16pts. drat you've got a beast team this year!

Also, Denver's D is averaging more pts per week for my team than my QB is, lol.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Alright now I gotta decide between dexter mcluster and uhh some injured Washington rb

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Edit - Wrong ISO thread. Don't drink and post folks.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 24, 2015

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
2 bottles of Coffee Dark Star will cost ya Shady

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Ugh. You can have him. I was relying on him this year and he's completely screwed me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

bah my hungover rear end forgot to swap out maclin

at least mcluster showed up

EDIT: oh gently caress gates was ruled out too goddammit

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 25, 2015

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I'm completely good with losing tonight if JStew gets a couple of touchdowns in a win! Although I hate to waste that completely ridiculous Miami game.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Retemnav posted:

Yea, tough call. JStew is probably the better back, but they love running Cam at the goaline. Good luck whichever way you go!

Oof. Went Brown and it looks like Stew would've netted me a win. At least I have something to root for tomorrow, here's hoping Brown suits up.

Edit: somehow my original post got eaten

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 26, 2015

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Yea, tough call. JStew is probably the better back, but they love running Cam at the goaline. Good luck whichever way you go!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Ugh, I hate my team

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Even weeks where my team goes off (Woodhead) some other part of my team shits the bed (Heath Miller) and I lose again :(

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Most of my players are horribly inconsistent. This week I finally had enough so I benched Khiry Robinson, Mike Tolbert, and Kendall Wright. That's 5 TDs and a total of 42.5 points left on the bench. gently caress them. gently caress you. And gently caress Fantasy Football. Also mega gently caress you to Willie Snead for not being able to catch any god damned passes yesterday. Are you taking lessons from Jordan Matthews?

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 26, 2015

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Oof. Went Brown and it looks like Stew would've netted me a win. At least I have something to root for tomorrow, here's hoping Brown suits up.

Edit: somehow my original post got eaten

That would have been a stressful game to watch for fantasy points, cause they kept pulling him out for Tolbert at the goalline (or the inevitable Cam TD run). I was glad you went with Brown so I could cheer without even the slightest back-of-mind twinge of regret as JStew rolled over 110 yards or whatever you needed for the win. The Panthers are 6-0, so I can safely say that Brown can catch a couple of TDs tonight and I won't even care.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

TubeStank posted:

bah my hungover rear end forgot to swap out maclin

at least mcluster showed up

EDIT: oh gently caress gates was ruled out too goddammit
Thanks fam.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
FT: Matt Ryan
ISO: A bag of flaming poo poo

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Lol at Hatful putting up crazy points after leaving two bye week players in

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Retemnav posted:

FT: Matt Ryan
ISO: A bag of flaming poo poo

i'll take it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

dphi posted:

Lol at Hatful putting up crazy points after leaving two bye week players in

holy poo poo :stonk:

did he quit or something? he could have put up even more points

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

TubeStank posted:

i'll take it

Just leave it on my porch, where I can stomp around in it.

Luckily TB's terrible defense let him rack up some 2nd half points. He has STUNK for like 3 straight weeks now.

The rest of my team isn't doing so hot this week either.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

TubeStank posted:

holy poo poo :stonk:

did he quit or something? he could have put up even more points

Nah I checked he had set like every week other than this one so I figured it was a fluke he didn't set his lineup against me. I just got lucky I guess.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
FT: Aaron Rodgers.
ISO: A wide receiver.

Jesus, what an awful game. Glad I have Palmer.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

bell's injury may single handedly save me from lacy being a dumpster fire this year

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Glad I sat Ryan in favor of Carr this week. gently caress you, Matt Ryan.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So since we're approaching playoff season, I thought it would be a good time to quickly review the rules/payout structure for the league.

Here's how we had it go last year, with 12 teams:

Winner: 6 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer

Since we expanded and now have four more teams, here's what I propose we do:

Winner: 8 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place: 4 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer

What do you all think? I wanted to up the prize for winning and create an extra incentive for those who don't make the playoffs. Another option would be to remove a box from the 1st or 2nd place winner and put together another incentive for the loser's bracket (up to 3, award one consolation box to the dead last player).Thoughts?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Sounds good to me. I'm 3GB out of the playoffs, so I'll be settling into the Losers Bracket I'm sure. Maybe 1 box for both 1st and 2nd of the Losers Bracket? More beer to go around. OR give 1 box to 4th place and 1 box to Losers winner.

Still, Danny Woodhead saved my season last night..3-6.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Trade deadline is approaching... One week from today. Get all of your trade offers out there before it is too late.

My FT list:
Philip Rivers
Duke Johnson

Open to moving other RBs and WRs in a package deal. Hit me up (Daisy Cutler).

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Peyton is (still) available in a package (Hill, Andrews, Tavon Austin) if anyone wants to gamble on a potential QB upgrade. Looking for a RB/WR upgrade.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Well, my team poo poo the bed today. And Edelman got hurt. Great.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Cervix, that was pretty effing lucky, oh my god.

I really thought I took first place this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Avenged posted:

Cervix, that was pretty effing lucky, oh my god.

I really thought I took first place this week.

Got very lucky there at the end, sorry umop episdn :(

I felt pretty good coming into last night down 30ish with Dalton, Hopkins and Eifert, but wow, what a terrible MNF game (minus Hopkins' catch) all around.

• Locked thread