Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

stinkles1112 posted:

I can't see, say or think the words "Hangarback Walker" without putting it to the tune of "Paperback Writer"

There now I've shared my curse and maybe it will go away

Same. I've spread it to other people though. If I have to live with this curse, so does everyone else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

black potus posted:

pascal maynard probably thinks you need to draft aggro because he keeps taking expeditions over removal

Brutal.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I ain't no hangar back... Girl.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
Narset Transcendant is actually a huge blind spot for Jeskai Black. Your only real way to address a turn 4 Narset cast by a control player is 1) You were luck and had a counterspell that could target it, 2) You had a Mantis Rider out already, 3) You were about to get a Mantis Rider out. If you didn't hit those 4 cards in your deck, Narset can often outrace your Wild Slashes and Crackling Doom redirects, soak up a ton of your resources, and then just Ult. At FNM, I lost to her two games in a row simply because I drew everything in my deck except Mantis Riders and my Ojutais got countered.

My friends have been putting together an Abzan deck they call "French Assault". The basic idea is a few value creatures, some spot removal, and all the retreats in-colors. Get it? French Assault is nothing but retreats? GET? IT?

I never got a decklist from them, but from playing them, I gleaned this basic list:

Retreat to Kazandu
Retreat to Emeria
Retreat to Zagara
Siege Rhino
Herald of the Pantheon
Oblivion Sower
Animist's Awakening
(removal featuring Abzan Charm, Ruinous Path, and Murderous Cut)
32 Lands. Lands for days.

Kill conditions were either the black retreat draining for wins, or white retreat making 1/1s for several turns, then giving them all a couple +1/+1 til EOT triggers and swinging.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Sweet Holy Jesus is WotC's support for their planeswalker points site loving atrocious. I created my account a few years ago when I returned to the game, and hadn't logged in since. When I created the account, all you did what put in your DCI number and a password. Now, you need an account ID instead of your DCI number. However, I was never prompted to set up an account ID and their change-over period is done, so I can't log in. Which means I can't set up an ID to log in with. It also means that their system has no e-mail address attached to my account anymore, so I they won't let me have them e-mail me to set up an account ID or retrieve my password. The cherry on top is that you can't message WotC support to get help resolving this issue without being logged in to your planeswalker points account. I had to create an entirely new account with a new DCI number just to ask them about being able to re-access the account attached to my real DCI number.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
The punchline is that you care about planeswalker points for some reason

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I care about making sure I have my two byes at GP Pittsburgh. The points mean gently caress-all to me.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Sweet Holy Jesus is WotC's support for their planeswalker points site loving atrocious. I created my account a few years ago when I returned to the game, and hadn't logged in since. When I created the account, all you did what put in your DCI number and a password. Now, you need an account ID instead of your DCI number. However, I was never prompted to set up an account ID and their change-over period is done, so I can't log in. Which means I can't set up an ID to log in with. It also means that their system has no e-mail address attached to my account anymore, so I they won't let me have them e-mail me to set up an account ID or retrieve my password. The cherry on top is that you can't message WotC support to get help resolving this issue without being logged in to your planeswalker points account. I had to create an entirely new account with a new DCI number just to ask them about being able to re-access the account attached to my real DCI number.

Yep. I had to do this too to get them to change my first name to my correct one. I only cared enough because people would call you by what they saw on the sheet. Have fun on the phone line!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
LSV is such a lucksack on MTGO by gawd. "well I guess I die to Mentor if I don't draw Upheaval!" *draws Upheaval*

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

LSV is such a lucksack on MTGO

Uh, he's on the whitelist... That's just common knowledge. :v:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Uncharted Realms:

Zada, Hedron Grinder shows up. Jace asks what happened to Tuktuk. Zada ate him.

Yes, this happened.
In the next set Zada dies from trying to poop out an indestructible goblin and we get Tuktuk the Digested.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The best bit of the UR is that Ugin responds correctly to the Hedron Archive flavour text

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Also, Jace loses a fight against a 1/1. The entire reason Zada is in the story is because he was about to get killed by a Salvage Drone and she had to save him.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Angry Grimace posted:

Also, Jace loses a fight against a 1/1. The entire reason Zada is in the story is because he was about to get killed by a Salvage Drone and she had to save him.

I always imagine that the player is a much, much tougher planeswalker than any of the story characters. That explains you can shrug off a hit from a grizzly bear, but if it hits Kiora one time she goes "gently caress this, I'm out!"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I always imagine that the player is a much, much tougher planeswalker than any of the story characters. That explains you can shrug off a hit from a grizzly bear, but if it hits Kiora one time she goes "gently caress this, I'm out!"

The player starts with a loyalty of 20.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Chamale posted:

The player starts with a loyalty of 20.

And has several ways to make that number basically infinite (or actually infinite and lock the game for a draw.)

Are there any infinite lifegain loops that you can't interrupt and aren't optional?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm gonna laugh when the binder kid and the collection guy both turn out to be fake and its just a ploy for donations and reddit gold or whatever the gently caress you get on that poo poo site.

I'd like extend my sincerest thanks to poopfeast420 for finding and returning my lost zendikar prerelease box. What an amazing community we have.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Don't forget PlayAtGoldenPalace who was instrumental in recovering the box.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AlternateNu posted:

Aren't you the one that keep bitching that cards being powerful in a vacuum is a meaningless concept?

Tomato/tomato. The only reason Outcast is good is because Command is a card. Command would still be good without Outcast in the format.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Olothreutes posted:

Are there any infinite lifegain loops that you can't interrupt and aren't optional?

Too many life gain-related triggered abilities have "may" in them or are one-shot ETBs, so probably not unless someone finds a real complicated contraption.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Too many life gain-related triggered abilities have "may" in them or are one-shot ETBs, so probably not unless someone finds a real complicated contraption.

Leonin Abunas with Diplomatic Immunity on it , plus some combo of artifacts that give you life when an enchantment enters or leaves play, plus 3 Oblivion Rings and no nonland permanents on the opponent's board might work.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Melira, kitchen finks and two dread of night (or dread of night + curse of souls betrayal). That said it depends on how uninterruptible it has to be.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

ShadeofBlue posted:

Leonin Abunas with Diplomatic Immunity on it , plus some combo of artifacts that give you life when an enchantment enters or leaves play, plus 3 Oblivion Rings and no nonland permanents on the opponent's board might work.

Subsitute the Abunas with Underworld Coinsmith and this works without any artifacts.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
there are definitely interactions that will result in a draw/broken game

like oblivion ringing an oblivion ring with an oblivion ring under it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGXG5rNe_tI

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Yeah. We know. It's doing one involving life gain that's the trick today.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Olothreutes posted:

And has several ways to make that number basically infinite (or actually infinite and lock the game for a draw.)

Soul Warden, the enchantment that gives you a 2/2 cat whenever an enchantment comes into play on your side and Enchanted Evening.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Angry Grimace posted:

Jace's response is that all of the Oldwalkers are kind of insane.
To be fair, this seems entirely true. Remember, Sorin and Liliana are both casual murderers, Ugin is perfectly fine with dragons tyrannizing and terrorizing his home plane, and Nicol Bolas is Nicol Bolas. None of them are sane or particularly decent people by normal standards.

Angry Grimace posted:

* Jace just comes off as an idiot when talking to Ugin. Ugin keeps saying you can't kill Ulamog, and Jace basically keeps going, "So, you're saying there's a chance."
In Jace's slight defence, Ugin doesn't want to kill the Eldrazi at all because he finds them interesting, so it's entirely possible that Ugin is just blowing smoke in order to pursue his agenda.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Did you try typing your original DCI number in the Login ID field and then using your original password for the account? That's what I had to do when they originally switched over.

Edit: Now that you've created a new account you might have to combine them.

1) Sign into your Wizards account at https://accounts.wizards.com/ with the new username/password you created.
2) Select "Combine Accounts" (under the photo of DCI card where it says "Have multiple accounts?").
3) Enter your DCI number and associated password.
4) Choose to keep desired DCI number.

Applebees fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 15, 2015

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
if you guys think 8 Rhinos is a fun deck, why not try playing 34 RHINOS~! on Game Day

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Boco_T posted:

if you guys think 8 Rhinos is a fun deck, why not try playing 34 RHINOS~! on Game Day

Beautiful. Sleeving this up and giving it a try. :allears:

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Chill la Chill posted:

Yep. I had to do this too to get them to change my first name to my correct one. I only cared enough because people would call you by what they saw on the sheet. Have fun on the phone line!

One of the many fine features of Wizard's Event Reporter is that you can update people's names if it was spelled incorrectly by the ham hand who gave them their DCI number so it'll be correct for that one event but the correction isn't saved locally so it's easier to either make the person a new DCI number or have them live with it forever. A positive aspect of this is that you can give players fun nicknames for the event without worrying about it long term.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Apparently Efro just proposed to his girlfriend at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Entropic posted:

Apparently Efro just proposed to his girlfriend at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Edit: That reminds me. Weren't there a couple weddings at the Las Vegas MM2015 GP?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Can someone repost efro.jpg so I can save it to my hard drive

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I, too, hate the idea of a guy who used to be a huge rear end in a top hat ever being happy

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
She seems happy about it, at least. :3:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boco_T posted:

Oh my loving god :allears:
If I wasn't set on playing Aristocrats on Game Day I'd be playing this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

BXCX posted:

One of the many fine features of Wizard's Event Reporter is that you can update people's names if it was spelled incorrectly by the ham hand who gave them their DCI number so it'll be correct for that one event but the correction isn't saved locally
This has the added bonus effect of being able to change someone's name for comedic effect. And you can do it multiple times in a tournament so every round's identity is a surprise! :buddy: Memorize your DCI number, kids.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

They actually were able to get it taken care of via e-mail! just combined the help account under my old DCI number. And after all of that, I haven't found yet on the site if my byes are visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=10644&d=260931&f=MO

Well, it took a little while but it's shown up.

• Locked thread