Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the sons were large relative in size to other sons.

the dog is a mystery, but even if the dog was large in relative size to other dogs, dog torturing had occurred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ignite Memories posted:

He is a terrible person/politician who is fighting hard so that wisconsin's teachers won't make money or have rights, all so he can look cool for his elephant friends
I guess one benefit here is that the career path of "become Governor of a state; burn that state down to prove your conservative bona fides" may lose some of its luster.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Sons of unusual size? I don't think those exist.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sons of unusual size? I don't think those exist.
*labored breathing*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Abner Cadaver II posted:

*labored breathing*

:neckbeard:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Abner Cadaver II posted:

*labored breathing*

This is the best lovely photoshop of the year. Good job!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Polls This Far Out Do Not Matter®

I wasn't talking about the topline numbers when I said hilariously bleak for Jeb! The Economist was nice enough to make some handy graphs.

43% unfavorable! That's higher than Trump's were back when everyone was saying that Trump's unfavorables were a deal-breaker.

This one's just funny.

Here's the heartbreaker. 72% of Republicans think that Trump could win the general, only 54% say that Jeb! could. That is horrifying to a Bush campaign ready to play the electability card against Trump.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

This guy is 26 in this photo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CortezFantastic posted:

This guy is 26 in this photo.

:stonk:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Nonsense posted:

Polls This Far Out Do Not Matter®

The question is what would make Jeb! a more appealing candidate over say Rubio.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus

Three Olives posted:

The question is what would make Jeb! a more appealing candidate over say Rubio.

What advantages would this Rubio offer me over a Jeb! which I could also afford?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Patter Song posted:

Here's the heartbreaker. 72% of Republicans think that Trump could win the general, only 54% say that Jeb! could. That is horrifying to a Bush campaign ready to play the electability card against Trump.

Granted these people in the bubble don't know what electability is.

eldridge cleaver
Apr 11, 2015

by Lowtax

Great_Gerbil posted:

What advantages would this Rubio offer me over a Jeb! which I could also afford?

Rubio is more fuckable and has a hotter latina wife.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

eldridge cleaver posted:

Rubio is more fuckable and has a hotter latina wife.

Which of them sounds hotter in Spanish? Jeb's got pretty good game, from what I hear.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Those crosstabs own. Couldn't have happened to a better dynasty.

I like how Jeb is running into a buzzsaw similiar to what hillary in 08 had, except instead of ending up with Obama they're going to get Marco Rubio at best. And instead of an inspiring positive campaign overtaking him its Donald Trump peacocking around as hard as he ever has, a sleepy black guy who is literally bullshitting his way through a presidential primary, and a vast horde of hatefilled oldsters.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
January can't get here soon enough.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

docbeard posted:

The lesson the Republicans appear to have taken from Trump is that the way to be elected is to say the most ridiculous, insane and ideally, racist poo poo as humanly possible.

I don't see how this is any different from the last few GOP primaries. That is always the main strategy until the general but with the internet involved they can't keep it contained to just their intended audiences anymore.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

To be fair, I have a younger brother who was balding severely as he graduated high school. It makes anybody look older.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The CANT STUMP THE TRUMP women are back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-Z4bsqujA

Freepers Loooooooove this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which of them sounds hotter in Spanish? Jeb's got pretty good game, from what I hear.

Having heard both men speak Spanish, but not myself speak it, I can say with authority that Rubio sounds way better. Jeb has a slow cadence that sounds like someone who isn't a native speaker, while Rubio has the quick cadence that you expect to hear in a language you don't speak.

Jeb's Spanish sounds like W's English while Rubio's Spanish sounds like Rubio's English. It could be the Bush mannerisms that are coloring my reaction though. That drat shoulder move that they loving love just makes me think of W's hehehe laugh.

Here's both talking to Jorge Ramos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMHLn7SuSR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHy-GbXNrPM

Edit: My outside source of Nicole Wallace however believes that Jeb!'s Spanish is hot as gently caress, so I guess he's got that going for him.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 15, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

The CANT STUMP THE TRUMP women are back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-Z4bsqujA

Freepers Loooooooove this.

I, uh, love it too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gyges posted:

Having heard both men speak Spanish, but not myself speak it, I can say with authority that Rubio sounds way better. Jeb has a slow cadence that sounds like someone who isn't a native speaker, while Rubio has the quick cadence that you expect to hear in a language you don't speak.

Jeb's Spanish sounds like W's English while Rubio's Spanish sounds like Rubio's English. It could be the Bush mannerisms that are coloring my reaction though. That drat shoulder move that they loving love just makes me think of W's hehehe laugh.

Here's both talking to Jorge Ramos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMHLn7SuSR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHy-GbXNrPM

Edit: My outside source of Nicole Wallace however believes that Jeb!'s Spanish is hot as gently caress, so I guess he's got that going for him.

Consider that Rubio I'm assuming is speaking Cuban Spanish, while Jeb learned Mexican Spanish from his wife. That would definitely change the cadence, regardless of proficiency.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Consider that Rubio I'm assuming is speaking Cuban Spanish, while Jeb learned Mexican Spanish from his wife. That would definitely change the cadence, regardless of proficiency.

Does Spanish language news have an affected accent like British and American news does? I ask because Ramos would otherwise be hitting your ears with a proper Mexican cadence.

Not actually making fun of JEB!'s Spanish, I sure as poo poo can't do anything more than say I don't speak Spanish in the library.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 15, 2015

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I thought Cubans had stereotypically slow cadences compared to other Spanish speaking countries?

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump is going to win

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Gyges posted:

Does Spanish language news have an affected accent like British and American news does? I ask because Ramos would otherwise be hitting your ears with a proper Mexican cadence.

Not actually making fun of JEB!'s Spanish, I sure as poo poo can't do anything more than say I don't speak Spanish in the library.

Jeb's just low energy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gyges posted:

That's au bout de mon latin, I'm afraid. My Romance language is French, and I can't really distinguish accents there, either.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

awesmoe posted:

Jeb's just low energy

Rubio just speaks quickly to fit in a few more sips.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

awesmoe posted:

Jeb's just low energy

­¡Jeb! es bajo energìo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ha ha! imagine! drinking water! What a noob

Noobio.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

ha ha! imagine! drinking water! What a noob

Noobio.

What? Like, out of a toilet?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I swear to god if it was anyone but Trump i would have thought the "low energy" attack was a market tested PR cruise missle. It brings up all the same language and insinuations used by ED and Low T commercials that the Fox audience has been soaking in for a decade or more.

It's perfectly milquetoast on its face and kind of darkly genius in its effect.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's so perfect it's like the fox news version of when the witches from Dune would sow myths and poo poo on backwater planets so they could call themselves holy scions or whatever if they ever crashed there.

Like they spent decades developing a nice safe way to declare a fellow Republican a limp dicked homo anti-reagan in case of emergency and when it was completed Trump hijacked it and tested it on their golden child.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 15, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's so perfect it's like the fox news version of when the witches from Dune would sow myths and poo poo on backwater planets so they could call themselves holy scions or whatever if they ever crashed there.

Like they spent decades developing a nice safe way to declare a fellow Republican a limp dicked homo anti-reagan in case of emergency and when it was completed Trump hijacked it and tested it on their golden child.

Kwisatz Hadouche.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Kwisatz Hadouche.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mister Macys posted:

To be fair, I have a younger brother who was balding severely as he graduated high school. It makes anybody look older.

I didn't even notice the hair. He just looks like a 38 year old who has been through A LOT of animal torture

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
W sure did show them.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

whydirt posted:

I thought Cubans had stereotypically slow cadences compared to other Spanish speaking countries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCHKCfmTTs&t=60s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jackofarcades posted:

Rand is named Randal, he choose to go by Rand

idk

i quite like Rand

it is a nice and catchy name and it works for Paul