Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

So I was clearing out the Samurai Dragons in Challenge Mode today. I did the first 4 with Kushinada / Awoken Isis / GZL / Jord / Verdandi and either another Verdandi or Awoken Meimei.

I decided to try the last one with Attackerasu / Attackerasu / Attackerasu / Ilm / DMeta / Athena. Maybe if I had more Ilm instead of Attackerasu it might have worked.

I also tried LKali / Awoken Isis / Diza / LKali x3. I don't have the HP to take a hit from the dragon with Diza's shield up when he's under 30%. I guess I could plink him carefully, take a hit with Diza up when he's still over 30% and then burn him down. I got him down to a tiny sliver before he killed me.

I could run Kirin, the mini gravity might be enough, or Ra, or ask people to put up some weird leads so I can use them for subs, or I could go back to Kush.

My biggest problem is getting one-shot by the boss. I guess I could bring a delay? I could put up Sun Quan on my Alt. Then I'd lose either Isis and have to one-shot Hanzo or lose an LKali. I probably wouldn't need Diza if I delay/enhance healers so I could get Kit to put up a DKali.

Does anyone have a no effort solution to this? I could wait until the weekend and run Ult Goemon x 4 / Ronia / Awoken Isis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sono posted:

Devil Kali that still covers light? All Devil Horus team inbound.

Yep. So amazing that I did some lovely math. 300000-86200 MP = 213720/3000 sell per pull = 70ish pulls x 5 bucks a pull. 350 bucks. Probably a bit much for the devil kali Horus sub that would make my team loving bananas.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Sono posted:

Devil Kali that still covers light? All Devil Horus team inbound.

I can't tell what she's supposed to be. LKali in a goth dress with her..spooky ghost sister?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Horus doesn't need god/devil typing subs anymore though.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone else having trouble connecting to the game right now? It keeps giving me an error.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the game right now? It keeps giving me an error.

Yeah, it keeps giving me a connection error. Other online interactions on my phone seem to be working, including posting this.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

DaveWoo posted:

It's giving me a connection error too. Of course it's during my last golds for the day when I need to level up Sandalphon AND Hera Sowilo for Awoken Venus...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I could sell my duplicates in JP and get a H.Kali but, honestly, sooner or later (very, very late) I'll get a D.Kali, which is superior, so I'll just roll a few times during the event and see if I get lucky. Currently I'm running coin dungeons and stockpiling stones.

The other mons are nice but not *nice* and the better ones are going to be stupid-rare anyways so I'm not particularly pumped about the whole event.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
The bigger the breasts, the bigger the trap. I'll throw whatever stones I happen to have on hand at the machine, but nothing more.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

cryptoclastic posted:

I try to do that but every now and then I just feed off whatever to whatever, usually in 30-50ish chunks. I figure it's better to have a card at +130 or something rather than 0 and waiting for more plusses.

When you get to a certain point, coins aren't that important anyway. The last time I was even a little worried about coins I was down to 2 million, and that's still more than enough to do anything.

Yeah, I just fed 197 + eggs to Perseus because I'm getting REALLY burnt out on + egg farming. I'll end up finishing it at work this weekend, but at work I have nothing better to do unless a server catches fire.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ironsolid posted:

Yeah, I just fed 197 + eggs to Perseus because I'm getting REALLY burnt out on + egg farming. I'll end up finishing it at work this weekend, but at work I have nothing better to do unless a server catches fire.

Why did you set the servers on fire? I can't connect to the servers.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I've had the game sitting open for the past few hours and it's still connecting fine for me when I try to do stuff. Maybe it's just the login servers?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Managed to beat Sphinx mythical on my first try with Team Lakshmi.

My total HP was about 20800 with a +297 friend leader, and I knocked Thoth below 20% HP....

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

lesbian baphomet posted:

I feel like I'm really lacking a way to tackle the No RCV challenges right now. My brainless farming team is usually Ronia, but she can't really do tougher no-RCVs because her stalling depends on healing. My team for tackling poo poo that's likely to be difficult is Gadius, and a leader whose damage relies on hearts obviously isn't a good pick for a dungeon that will never skyfall hearts. Are there any particular leaders I've got that are worth building around for that purpose?

https://www.padherder.com/user/moonwalku

Oh hey, you're the person that recently BFFed me for Gadius. Seeing your padherder link reminded me that I didn't send you a thank you message for that. So, thank you! If you ever need any of the other leads I run, I can up them by request. (I should update my own padherder at some point. Doing it by hand is a paaaain though, thanks iOS.)

Before you ask, I turtled through challenge lv 8 with A.Minerva. Minerva/Gadius/Echidna/Uriel/Mitsuki/Minerva. 3 heartmakers + 1500 autorecovery + a delay to do the tanking with. That's not of much help to your box, sorry.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

lesbian baphomet posted:

I've had the game sitting open for the past few hours and it's still connecting fine for me when I try to do stuff. Maybe it's just the login servers?

NA is down for iOS but not Android.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

Oh hey, you're the person that recently BFFed me for Gadius. Seeing your padherder link reminded me that I didn't send you a thank you message for that. So, thank you! If you ever need any of the other leads I run, I can up them by request. (I should update my own padherder at some point. Doing it by hand is a paaaain though, thanks iOS.)

Before you ask, I turtled through challenge lv 8 with A.Minerva. Minerva/Gadius/Echidna/Uriel/Mitsuki/Minerva. 3 heartmakers + 1500 autorecovery + a delay to do the tanking with. That's not of much help to your box, sorry.

Thanks, but Hypermaxed Gadius is really the only thing I need available 24/7 at the moment, so dont worry about that. And your Minerva is sometimes helpful to run with in dungeons where her damage reduction makes a difference, so that's nice too.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plorkyeran posted:

NA is down for iOS but not Android.

Good! Some compensation stones would be nice.

vvvvvv boo-urns vvvvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 15, 2015

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Server's back up.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

trucutru posted:

Good! Some compensation stones would be nice.
I lost two stam to the downtime, so it better be at least 20 stones compensation.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
So I noticed that the insect dragons are not going to be in the next coin dungeon rotation. Do you guys think they are going to make a return appearance like the flower dragons are currently doing? I just got a vishnu and would like to skill it up and am wondering if I should spend some stones and coins running the green insect dungeon tomorrow before it goes away.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Man the Desire sensor is going full bore tonight. I couldn't get a mythlit drop if my life depended on it. I've seen dozens today but no luck.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Man the Desire sensor is going full bore tonight. I couldn't get a mythlit drop if my life depended on it. I've seen dozens today but no luck.

I've only gotten one DubRubylit and I've basically been running Vesta Cave nonstop. :(

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Do we know when the Dragon Fruits will switch skills over to the Norns so that I can waste them on trying to skillup Verdandi and Beach Urd?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Artic Puma posted:

So I noticed that the insect dragons are not going to be in the next coin dungeon rotation. Do you guys think they are going to make a return appearance like the flower dragons are currently doing? I just got a vishnu and would like to skill it up and am wondering if I should spend some stones and coins running the green insect dungeon tomorrow before it goes away.

Insects repeat quite often in coins. I think it's basically been
2weeks Pirate
2weeks Insect
repeat

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I still have a bunch of high end challenge mode dungeons to do. My current plan is to wait for Awoken Ammy to be released and run 5 hypermax L Kali friends. Is there theoretically a better challenge mode team than that?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

So this is my current Nephthys team, it's not bad:

However, I'm thinking about transitioning to a Bastet team. It'd probably be Bastet/Verdandi/Artemis/Sasuke/???. This is my box. Any insight would be great, is it worth the effort, what would be a solid team, etc.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Postal Parcel posted:

Insects repeat quite often in coins. I think it's basically been
2weeks Pirate
2weeks Insect
repeat

Cool, I'll just wait for it to come back then. Thanks!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
So, I have a D/R Durga, what do I do? Does she work best as a lead or a sub?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Put one of your 3 green attacker/god guys in your team, that active looks nice as hell, plus he has a skill block resist which is always a plus.

edit: eugh just noticed the cooldown on that active :barf:

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot
Rolled a Satsuki in the last Godfest. Is she used for anything outside of Z8 teams?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Brood posted:

Rolled a Satsuki in the last Godfest. Is she used for anything outside of Z8 teams?

Prong-based D/L Fagan or chibi DMeta farm teams, AHades grind teams, covering light for Neph, Yomi if you're good enough to prong and activate at the same time, any gimmick team where you need to clear poison and burst dark at the same time.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Hey BFFs Sorry I've been spotty about logging in lately. I'll be back to it, I took a couple of months off from the game while I was on Android. Played some, but not much, and mostly just rolled the REM. But I'm back now to actually playing.

On that note, my US Account ( https://www.padherder.com/user/Moose_SA/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0 ) could use a present egg exchange and BFF triangle. Don't really know exactly what I want yet, so if you see any of my leads that look interesting or something just say so.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rasczak posted:

However, I'm thinking about transitioning to a Bastet team. It'd probably be Bastet/Verdandi/Artemis/Sasuke/???. This is my box. Any insight would be great, is it worth the effort, what would be a solid team, etc.

Bastet is really good and that team is decent. You won't be clearing the most difficult dungeons with it (unless you spend a shitload of +eggs) but it should be a step-up from the Neph team.

As for subs, you don't really have that many more to choose from.

Griffin rider is a 5-turn orb changer 2-pronger that guarantees enough orbs for a prong, he's pretty good and what I would use. Mitsunari can gives you another board change, if you need that for a specific dungeon.

You also should consider a Shiva team. Kagu/Yukimura/Ronia/Phoenix Rider (Plus krishna, leilan or rozuel) should be really good.

Brood posted:

She works in any dark team. Her job is to hit really hard and she's really good at it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 15, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Rasczak posted:

That's a decent Nephthys team. If you wanna make a Bastet team though, you have a pretty good prong team with Verd/Artemis/Sasuke/Griffin Rider as subs. It should work plenty well for the easier descends but if you want to take on tough stuff your HP and RCV will become an issue.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oh cool, my 297+ Minerva Friend is up, lets try Hera Rush...

GET hosed HERA

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh cool, my 297+ Minerva Friend is up, lets try Hera Rush...

GET hosed HERA

I wonder if I could do this cheese poo poo with Awoken Ceres...

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

trucutru posted:

Bastet is really good and that team is decent. You won't be clearing the most difficult dungeons with it (unless you spend a shitload of +eggs) but it should be a step-up from the Neph team.

As for subs, you don't really have that many more to choose from.

Griffin rider is a 5-turn orb changer 2-pronger that guarantees enough orbs for a prong, he's pretty good and what I would use. Mitsunari can gives you another board change, if you need that for a specific dungeon.

You also should consider a Shiva team. Kagu/Yukimura/Ronia/Phoenix Rider (Plus krishna, leilan or rozuel) should be really good.

Yeah, AShiva team is the long term goal, basically I'm building the team that can farm what I need for AShiva, AKagu, etc.

simpul
Feb 28, 2013
So the Final Fantasy collab is speculated to be coming to EU/NA. Are any of those cards even relevant anymore?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Cloud is still great if you go all-in whaling and get 3 of them to make a Cloud system. Yuna is good as well, just not amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Lmao the Halloween rem is full of girlgolems.

• Locked thread