Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Tyler getting called up to the main roster would almost be worth all the jobbing he'd do if he just had a bunch of segments with New Day. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but those two interacting would be the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Jimmy Hart would whoop your roody poo candy rear end.

i dont trust anyone that wants to gently caress hulk hogan that badly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Tyler getting called up to the main roster would almost be worth all the jobbing he'd do if he just had a bunch of segments with New Day. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but those two interacting would be the best thing.

you know he picks Vega in SFIV

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

you know he picks Vega in SFIV

That's perfect and I want to see this please

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Oddly enough that's exactly the character I would've picked for him.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
savage

(https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/654625058263056385)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Delsaber posted:

Oddly enough that's exactly the character I would've picked for him.

He briefly had a "not the face" gimmick before The Miz of all people took it. :smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

He briefly had a "not the face" gimmick before The Miz of all people took it. :smith:

I actually think a Breeze/Miz team could benefit both guys. It'd give Miz something to do while keeping him out of the ring, Breeze gets to familiarize himself to the audience and learn how to work on a larger stage, and when the time's right, they can have Breeze ditch Miz.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That worked so well for Sandow.

I still think a Breeze/Fandango tag team would be hilarious and could elevate both of them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

That worked so well for Sandow.

I still think a Breeze/Fandango tag team would be hilarious and could elevate both of them.

Sandow suffered from already being dead in the water and bad booking. Breeze is a new face to most fans, it could work.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Sandow was far from "dead in the water"; people loving loved Mizdow and the tease that he was going back to the Intellectual Savior of the Masses gimmick. It's just that then they didn't bother to do anything with him after that.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

what do you do after mizdow anyhow? they gave him a serious promo where he admitted people make fun of him backstage, he mocked someone by repeating what he was saying in a "neener neener pumpkin weiner" voice and then tossed him out of the ring, and then played his new david copperfield theme music.. it was awful but what else were you supposed to do with that?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

After that? I'm not sure, but they probably shouldn't have done most of that in the first place

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think that was around the time cesaro gave his serious promo and said "no one holds a candle to what i can do behind these four ropes...actually they're posts..." and ryback gave his "the secret" speech.

they were giving out all kinds of opportunities then.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My name is Damien Sandow, and I have a small penis and no one likes me

whaattt how didn't he get over???

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Sandow was far from "dead in the water"; people loving loved Mizdow and the tease that he was going back to the Intellectual Savior of the Masses gimmick. It's just that then they didn't bother to do anything with him after that.

They paired him with Axelmania, but killed the thing a few weeks later because of the Hogan sextape

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you can't say they didn't try. they gave gave him the ball, said "you're the man, now go score a touchdown" and he fumbled on his first play. would you want him to be your starter? you can say "what if" but if a bullfrog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's rear end every time it goes to jump. most people don't even get one chance in this business. you either have "it" or you don't.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you can't say they didn't try. they gave gave him the ball, said "you're the man, now go score a touchdown" and he fumbled on his first play. would you want him to be your starter? you can say "what if" but if a bullfrog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's rear end every time it goes to jump. most people don't even get one chance in this business. you either have "it" or you don't.

I don't like this post or its picture.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I love it

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

love him or hate him, michael "ps" hayes invented the concept of rock and roll and wrestling, the cool heel, and is responsible for the rise of the von erich's and the success of wccw. he is one of the true original innovators and geniuses of wrestling, and no one was more over than him during his time -- and dusty rhodes said that.

he''s a free bird, what's YOUR excuse?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i hope to god michael hayes and the freebirds go into the wwe hof this year so i can see michael "ps" hayes' acceptance speech in person

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

If you can't get yourself over saying 'boo bienis' maybe you're just not cut out for the wrestling business?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in just about every legends of wrestling roundtable he's on he either complains about not being in the hall of fame or gets made fun of for it. those things are great, especially the southern wrestling one where they show a vignette done in florida where dusty rhodes (on horseback) chases jj dillon off of his property by shooting a rifle at him. they also show an extended clip of bob roop breaking a guy's arm and it ends with the guy begging for mercy off camera as the clip ends abruptly :twisted:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mulaney Power Move posted:

love him or hate him, michael "ps" hayes invented the concept of rock and roll and wrestling, the cool heel, and is responsible for the rise of the von erich's and the success of wccw. he is one of the true original innovators and geniuses of wrestling, and no one was more over than him during his time -- and dusty rhodes said that.

he''s a free bird, what's YOUR excuse?

Reason enough to hate him right there

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

WWE hosed up Mizdow by blowing off the match where he turned on Miz.

The crowd were literally baying for him to turn on Miz, and Miz was wonderful in getting heat for both of them by stopping Sandow from getting in the ring/aping him. It was a glorious burn and if they had done the turn, and resulting fued right it would have made Sandow, if not a star then at least a whole lot bigger than he is.

Instead, they have the Miz vs Mizdow match on a PPV pre-show where he loses, and proceed to do nothing with him afterward.

The Macho Mandow/AxelMania stuff had the potential to be cool, as both performers were fun and goofy in those roles, but then HH ruined that by hating black people.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Meta Powers thing was dead long before Hogan happened. They had one PPV match, lost and were already shoved in the background. Hogan merely wiped the dust off the table and made sure we'd never see them again.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the last time axel was allowed to show his own personality he was doing this gimmick where he called people "non cold beer drinking freaks" and belching before talking to renee. don't see why they can't use that.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
:kimchi:

Bayley posted:

I love wrestling

Sasha Banks posted:

@itsBayleyWWE I love it too and you......... wait what GULP

Bayley posted:

After 3 long years..the truth!!!!!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MagicCube posted:

If you can't get yourself over saying 'boo bienis' maybe you're just not cut out for the wrestling business?

there is an alternate timeline where reigns said boo bienis instead of sufferin succotash and is the most over wrestler in history

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
And his new finisher is the Beeboo Bienis Crawshanks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

dromal phrenia posted:

there is an alternate timeline where reigns said boo bienis instead of sufferin succotash and is the most over wrestler in history

That would have been bad rear end.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rip Rogers is currently in a Twitter war with a bunch of spam accounts that use the same stock photo.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm the weird guy responding immediately below claiming to recognize the "model" in the picture from other print work she has done

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

What a couple of adorable dorks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

:yeah:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Nice ducklips, Jericho

a cyborg mug