Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
Watching my copy now. So weird that I just noticed that they repeat the same lines over and over. Was that mainly when they dubbed it or was the script that poorly written?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BooDoug187 posted:

Watching my copy now. So weird that I just noticed that they repeat the same lines over and over. Was that mainly when they dubbed it or was the script that poorly written?

Yes.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Just watched the behind the scenes on the blu ray and now knowing most of the film was almost adlib makes the movie more fun!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
Watching my copy and grinning like a loon. Thanks for everything.

e: The commentary with Jackey and Tom is great.

cthulusnewzulubbq fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 14, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Just placed orders for two copies (one for me, one for my brother who I IOU'd one for a Christmas). Getting them tomorrow, so excited I'm gonna barf!

edit: Of course, I just realized that he doesn't have a BR player... oops.)

edit2: that's not what Amazon says. Discs 1. For gently caress's sake, now to delete/edit the order again.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 14, 2015

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
It comes with a DVD copy, you're good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MisterBibs posted:

Just placed orders for two copies (one for me, one for my brother who I IOU'd one for a Christmas). Getting them tomorrow, so excited I'm gonna barf!

edit: Of course, I just realized that he doesn't have a BR player... oops.)

edit2: that's not what Amazon says. Discs 1. For gently caress's sake, now to delete/edit the order again.

pwn posted:

It comes with a DVD copy, you're good.

I got my copy from Amazon and it does only have the bluray.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

I got my copy from Amazon and it does only have the bluray.

I swear, either Amazon or my CC company is going to kill me today.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The DVD Beaver review said it came with a DVD. Funky.

Ben Solo
Oct 23, 2004

I take care of the place while the Master is away.

pwn posted:

The DVD Beaver review said it came with a DVD. Funky.

There are no BD/DVD combo versions for sale that I know of. The confusion may have come from reviewers being sent both.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
The commentary track is magical. You done good, Ben.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
No sign of the DVD yet at my end. Should I be worried? :ohdear:

Ben Solo
Oct 23, 2004

Artsygrrl posted:

No sign of the DVD yet at my end. Should I be worried? :ohdear:

If you still haven't seen it by Friday (and you're not in a foreign land), write me via Kickstarter so that I can track you.

Also, a note to anyone planning to fundraise online: giving someone a refund won't get them out of your hair. Ever.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Ben Solo posted:

If you still haven't seen it by Friday (and you're not in a foreign land), write me via Kickstarter so that I can track you.

Also, a note to anyone planning to fundraise online: giving someone a refund won't get them out of your hair. Ever.

The requested topic does not exist.

Looking forward to getting my copy! (Amazon pre-order, missed the boat on the Kickstarter)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ben Solo posted:

Why would someone expect their name in the donor credits if they were refunded?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ben Solo posted:

While I'm sorry you've had to deal with yet another unnecessary hassle, following that thread has been hilariously entertaining for me. I keep waiting for someone to point out the obvious getting your money back means you don't get your rewards for free but nope it's one big pity party over there.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Finally got my copy from Amazon. I look forward to watching the special features and I guess the movie. Thanks for being awesome, Ben!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Well, thanks for the reminder. Just ordered my copy. :getin:

Ben Solo
Oct 23, 2004

Ballz posted:

While I'm sorry you've had to deal with yet another unnecessary hassle, following that thread has been hilariously entertaining for me. I keep waiting for someone to point out the obvious getting your money back means you don't get your rewards for free but nope it's one big pity party over there.

There's not much to say about this guy, really. Compared to what Fake New Zealand Torgo put everyone through, all his emails, comments, and posts aren't even approaching a hassle. It's just a good opportunity to point out that if you ever fundraise online, you can expect at least one guy (it's always a guy) that can't be pleased. With his disc in hand he compliments the end result one moment, then declares me a conman, a creep, and/or a baby in the next.

But to put things in perspective: out of 818 backers, I had maybe 5 or 6 refund requests, all of which I gave either a whole or partial refund to. All but this one were completely civil, and their reasons were understandable. When delays started stacking up, I expected a much worse outcome. And yet, as bad as things looked last year, over 800 backers were still sticking with me. It helped to screen the restoration as much as we could, showing everyone that we had some results ready, but that could only go so far.

The most disturbing takeaway from the experience was that I received no reprimands, warnings, or repercussions from Kickstarter itself at any time. It didn't seem to matter how far past the ETA we got, who was threatening me, or how secretive we had to be during the legal battle. Might seem strange that I'm saying this, but if I fundraise The Atomic Brain, it could be better for backer confidence if I use a platform with higher levels of accountability. I'd like to make it clear to everyone how intent I am on meeting my stated deadlines on that title.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully you won't run into as many crazies next time around, too.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Blu Ray collectors are the worst type of collectors and I say this as one.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Is there gonna be a thread for the Atomic Brain restoration?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Yeah.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I'm kind of sad and disappointed that Ben didn't look goonier on camera.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Possibly Chicken posted:

It's the internet in general. No matter what you say, do, or offer there will always be that one person who will find the one tiny thing to nitpick about and they will blow it up to the largest affront to god that has ever happen. And of course there will be those who piggy back onto that one guys thing to make it about their crap!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ben posted on Facebook that there are only a handful of screen prints left in the fundraising store, and he knocked a few bucks off each of them.

I particularly love the 2-color faux-movie poster version, which I bought and framed as soon as it first went up for sale. It's also become the basis for the vinyl LP's cover art.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ben Solo posted:

I'm incredibly tempted to engage him on that forum.

I really probably shouldn't; "don't touch the poop", etc.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ben, I haven't gotten my disc yet and I feel really dumb because I can't figure out how to send you a message via Kickstarter.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
And you should have a message from me as well.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I didn't get my bluray yet either, I sent you a message a day or two ago.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ditto, I sent in a message this morning.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

Ben, I haven't gotten my disc yet and I feel really dumb because I can't figure out how to send you a message via Kickstarter.

Update: I figured out how to send a message. It's pretty straightforward. I don't know how I missed it before.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Somebody in the US Postal Service is stealing and hoarding Manos: The Hands of Fate Blu-Rays, probably to enact some eldritch ritual. J'accuse.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Somebody in the US Postal Service is stealing and hoarding Manos: The Hands of Fate Blu-Rays, probably to enact some eldritch ritual. J'accuse.

"The Master wants you, but he can't have you! I want you!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I haven't gotten mine yet either. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Fantastic, mine just came today.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Got mine today too. I love the featurettes. Ben, you have set history straight about so much poo poo that's been circulating about the movie.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Husband pinged me at work - our copy arrived today. Woot!

Ben Solo
Oct 23, 2004

Good to see your discs are arriving!

I knew that USPS First Class could be a real roll of the dice time-wise, but it's another thing to actually see what happens over the tracker. I've watched a shipment to Hawaii get there in only four days, while someone the next state over from me waited over two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I still like imagining a limping postal worker named Torgeson hoarding copies while laughing maniacally in his basement cubicle.

Funny, I funded this Kickstarter as an engagement present. Seems fitting that the DVD shows up on our 2nd wedding anniversary. :v:

• Locked thread