Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bell_ posted:

The UK has skinheads, certainly, and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that culture radically different from the supremacist bigots in the US?

Wait I thought most US skinheads were like super anti-racist anti-neo-nazi? Like militantly so? I remember hearing a lot about fights between the neo-nazis and skinheads because they hated each other so much, growing up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I think it is an international phenomenon that there are Neo-Nazi Skinheads and non-Neo-Nazi Skinheads and they hate each others' guts.

My favourite ones have to be the ones in my country: Natsbol "redskins" that (used to?) purposefully ambush Neo-Nazi skinheads whenever those were trying to beat someone up, screaming HITLER KAPUT and beating them up.

Also those costumes oh Lord.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stakes are going higher. Like, who cares what would happen with Darren, but now they are threatening his sister. And of course the only way to get them off is to pay and we all know what he will do to get the money.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

Wait I thought most US skinheads were like super anti-racist anti-neo-nazi? Like militantly so? I remember hearing a lot about fights between the neo-nazis and skinheads because they hated each other so much, growing up...

Antifa (and fascists) are way less of a thing in the US than pretty much anywhere in Europe. American involvement in that whole thing amounts to a few punks with SHARP patches not, y'know, regular sharks-and-jets street battles.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want a GROTE necklace.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wolfboy out of loving nowhere!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John Allison's internal changelog for 13 Oct, 2015:
* turned comic into Home Alone
* introduced Shauna's dad

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wolfboy out of loving nowhere!

Would that count as supernatural? People that hairy do exist, although they are quite rare.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Well. That went well.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I googled the word on her door thinking it was some chemical before realizing it was just leetspeak

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jackard posted:

I googled the word on her door thinking it was some chemical before realizing it was just leetspeak

It's a car reg plate.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just like PHII LYS :v:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

To be fair, I could see why Lottie would see Shauna reconnecting with her dad as a good thing.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Okay Daz, points for coming clean about your problem to step-dad. Timing, maybe not ideal.

Still, didn't see that coming. Sneaky, John, sneaky.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Man. I figured Daz was a better person than those who were speculating "hey he'll probably end up beating up his little sister", but I'm genuinely impressed that he's coming clean here. Dan seems like a great person to talk to, too: responsible and also tied in enough to know who Si Daxton is. Unfortunately, that's still not going to solve the 30 Grand problem.

Real question: The terms of that loan (10% monthly, turning 100 pounds into 30k pounds in five years) have to be illegal in the real-life UK, right?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ditocoaf posted:

Man. I figured Daz was a better person than those who were speculating "hey he'll probably end up beating up his little sister", but I'm genuinely impressed that he's coming clean here. Dan seems like a great person to talk to, too: responsible and also tied in enough to know who Si Daxton is. Unfortunately, that's still not going to solve the 30 Grand problem.

Real question: The terms of that loan (10% monthly, turning 100 pounds into 30k pounds in five years) have to be illegal in the real-life UK, right?

So's breaking peoples' legs if they don't pay up, pretty sure

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

So's breaking peoples' legs if they don't pay up, pretty sure

Well yeah duh and of course the law isn't going to be a magic bullet here, both because this family is poor and this is a story that needs a plot. I'm just genuinely curious about lending regulations since that's a bit more obscure.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Quinton posted:

Timing, maybe not ideal.

To be honest, it was now or never. This level of familiarity between those two would never happen again.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Ditocoaf posted:

Well the dude in this case is a loan shark so it's illegal but if he was a legit lender he could absolutely get away with that. They've changed the law recently but I know pay day loan companies were getting away with interest rates of 5000% APR perfectly legally until last year.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I have a feeling that Daz may be A Good Egg.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Well the dude in this case is a loan shark so it's illegal but if he was a legit lender he could absolutely get away with that. They've changed the law recently but I know pay day loan companies were getting away with interest rates of 5000% APR perfectly legally until last year.

It'd be funny if the solution involved Shauna pointing out there was a law change so he can't do that anymore. (But I guess he's an illegal lender? Do we know for sure?)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Blossom will beat them up.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

advokat posted:

It'd be funny if the solution involved Shauna pointing out there was a law change so he can't do that anymore. (But I guess he's an illegal lender? Do we know for sure?)

Yeah, I'd say we can be pretty sure about his being an illegal operation.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Fangz posted:

Blossom will beat them up.

Pretty sure this will be involved in the resolution, yeah. The supernatural mystery element so far seems to be the uncanny way bad things befall those who get in the way of what she wants. Winning fights she shouldn't, mystery heart attacks, etc.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

http://www.scarygoround.com/?date=20151013

What's up with the GROTE chain she's wearing and how it doesn't show up in the other panels?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dabir posted:

What's up with the GROTE chain she's wearing and how it doesn't show up in the other panels?

Under shirt, it got out as she bend over to get a better view out of the window. It confused me at first, too.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gosh, I am really not feeling Destroy History, specially since it breaks the pacing of Bad Machinery. Can't complain that much though, since Allison keeps to his daily schedule like a professional.

Uh... I missed the poll, what Bobbins' character are we getting?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

ZearothK posted:

Gosh, I am really not feeling Destroy History, specially since it breaks the pacing of Bad Machinery. Can't complain that much though, since Allison keeps to his daily schedule like a professional.

Uh... I missed the poll, what Bobbins' character are we getting?

Twitter posts point to Desmond.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's a babysitting story starring Charlotte.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Skinhead chat: There was this skinhead dude in my high school who went on and on about SHARP, not all skinheads are racist, etc. He later dropped out of school to become a racist skinhead.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Who are these people who like Desmond so much and how do we kill them?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Autonomous Monster posted:

Who are these people who like Desmond so much and how do we kill them?

To be fair the question was between more Destroy History or a Desmond story and Destroy History has been pretty rubbish.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Destroy History has been, what, ten pages so far? That's still the early starts and it's hard to equate it poo poo or not.

Desmond Fish will always be poo poo, though, regardless on what story he's involved in. He's the Scrappy of the Scrappiest. And John Allison knows, so there may be a plan here.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Disgusting. Well, see you in a week.

:yikes:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Saoshyant posted:

Destroy History has been, what, ten pages so far? That's still the early starts and it's hard to equate it poo poo or not.

Desmond Fish will always be poo poo, though, regardless on what story he's involved in. He's the Scrappy of the Scrappiest. And John Allison knows, so there may be a plan here.

Maybe the plan is exactly what Des is saying. It'll be one week of him dying in an alleyway and rotting into compost.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'd pay for that, imagine seeing it for free :allears:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Oh dear God

I'm conflicted. I mean, on the one hand it's Desmond Fishman, but on the other hand it's Desmond Fishman and Claire Little. You know?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe her dad will off him

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Jackard posted:

Maybe it will turn out this was all one story after all and Colm will off him instead of Linton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Jackard posted:

He's a fireman, not a French chef.

• Locked thread