Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

berserker is for nerds

make nomads

Specialization is for insects. Make both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Things have been getting pretty spooky! Here are some of the spookiest Animes that Phlanges has found.

Scary idol band! Phlanges loves idol bands. Hopefully these animes are a real idol band and will sing in Japanese. K-Pop just isn't as good. It's just not as genuine, y'know?

Scary hooded lady! There's a lot going on in this outfit, so it's probably good!

Scary teenager! This guy doesn't respect your SIGNS or RULES and will probably take more than one piece of candy when he trick-or-treats.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
is that the bloody prince outfit

someone willingly spent money on the loving bloody prince outfit

that should be bannable

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Mercurius posted:

You sure about that? The weapons certainly give a higher boost because they have 5% higher weapon damage in addition to 5% more stats on them but I'm pretty sure the overall difference between full exotic and full ascended is still sub 10%.

15% is the number I've seen bandied about in recent discussions.

The best source I can find off hand is this guy, who did the math and came up with 12.5%, with most of that coming from weapons/trinkets and relatively little from armor.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Thoom posted:

15% is the number I've seen bandied about in recent discussions.

The best source I can find off hand is this guy, who did the math and came up with 12.5%, with most of that coming from weapons/trinkets and relatively little from armor.
Ah, those calculations are using stat infusions which provide the difference. I don't think any normal players bother to use those because of how much they cost.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WE DID IT BOYS, CONDI SET COMPLETE. :slick:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Ah, those calculations are using stat infusions which provide the difference. I don't think any normal players bother to use those because of how much they cost.

The stat infusions are still a relatively small part of it. Ascended gear is a 3-5% increase each to weapon damage, power, crit chance, and crit damage. Put all of those together and you wind up with something like 13% more damage than exotics.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

RIP glacial borderlands, I will miss you.

That reset change isn't cool though. I wonder why they're doing this after 3 years.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
Who's up for an Alpine farewell tour on the 21st?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

news post about the new fractal and raid masteries is up

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

The stuff about agony is a load of rear end. :argh:

Aug 24, 2011

it's baffling that they would introduce a raid hard mode with agony because how do you balance between different agony values? what if not everyone does fractals and has AR? am i meant to exclude people? fuckers

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It makes us look like the butt of a joke :C

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

f u

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Dreggon posted:

it's baffling that they would introduce a raid hard mode with agony because how do you balance between different agony values? what if not everyone does fractals and has AR? am i meant to exclude people? fuckers

I dunno. Now that people have bashed my head into it, it makes sense to me now. Thankfully they've clarified how the increase to 100 rank fractals will affect AR.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

rear end, ur a

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Where does the infusion go

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Kessel posted:

Where does the infusion go

You know exactly where it goes. :wink:

Aug 24, 2011

asura butt

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

I don't know what I was expecting.

Aug 24, 2011

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

8 Days away. Wowzers!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

:allears: Top form today Dreggon, savour it.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Make the four beta character slots regular permanent ones tia

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HoT is launching at 3am est? Wow thanks!

Aug 24, 2011

6pm on a friday for me :cool:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can you fight in the deserts borderland if you didnt buy HoT?

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Can you fight in the deserts borderland if you didnt buy HoT?

Yep. They're retiring the alpine maps completely.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Sweeet

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

i hope everything is cancelled and help is sought by many

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm coming back to this game to see how everything has changed. Last I've played is before whatever the hell has happened to Lion's Arch. I logged in and a bunch of screens jumped up saying this and that has changed which confused the hell out of me for my character. My highest is only level 55 so thought I just would start over to gradually learn everything new. So question: I want to shoot things with a rifle. Seems Warriors aren't too handy with the steel if you know what I mean, are there any other classes that can use rifles effectively that isn't an Engineer? If Engineer is the only class are they fun to play?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rifle engineer can be fun although personally I prefer pistol/pistol or pistol/shield. Engie is great if you don't mind playing your keyboard like a piano to get full.. .ahem... utility out of all the ....ahem... tools at your disposal.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

boooo

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Only two classes can use the rifle, warrior and engineer. Warrior rifle is loving awful and engineer rifle is good and happily welcomed in the meta. It's also fun if you enjoy pressing a lot of buttons

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Awesome, thanks. I'll try Engineer out.

hexal
Sep 7, 2011

Dreggon posted:

6pm on a friday for me :cool:

East coast best coast :cool::hf::cool:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kessel posted:

Only two classes can use the rifle, warrior and engineer. Warrior rifle is loving awful and engineer rifle is good and happily welcomed in the meta. It's also fun if you enjoy pressing a lot of buttons

But if you pick engie you won't be able to spam warrior rifle's berserk burst skill into enemy reflects in wvw once heart of thorns comes out.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So that blog they posted today says "overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization", which sorta implies hero points won't be the only way to unlock them right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probad posted:

But if you pick engie you won't be able to spam warrior rifle's berserk burst skill into enemy reflects in wvw once heart of thorns comes out.

Wait, so does this mean it will reflect back to the warrior (sucks and is terrible) or back onto the target the burst originated from (hilarious and awesome)?

• Locked thread