Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm happy to see "Concede Colonial Area" in there, that will be a nice change. I was hoping colonial wars might work like they did in Vicky, because there's still no options for limited war between two great powers.

I'm holding out hope that Colonial Wars are a test run for other limited-scope war types and we'll see more added down the line if these work as intended and/or are actually used. At least adding a parallel for CNs would be pretty rad.

Concede Colonial Area is gonna be brutal if you can get a long truce. Gobbling up extra territory in a region and preventing the parent nation from establishing more colonies is going to let an aggressive player absolutely stonewall the poo poo out of AI colonization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
So we just announced a thing.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Baha fantastic. Looking forward to this. Pity you couldn't use the whole letter though, what with uh the language:

Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks posted:

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi Otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

That art style... for about 600 milliseconds I thought you had announced Telltale Games' Europa Universalis.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/europa-universalis-iv-the-cossacks-announced.886903/ posted:

Other features include:

- New Diplomatic Options: Let the world know what you think of your neighbors by setting a public attitude to foreign powers.
- Tell The World What You Want: Designate neighboring provinces as “places of interest”, build trust with other nations, and entice allies with the promise of land for their support.
- Tengri: Tengri is now a Syncretic faith, allowing it to tolerate a secondary religion as if it were a national faith.
- Horde Unity and Razing: Nomadic nations now must pay attention the horde unity of their tribes – a unity that can only be maintained by the occasional pillaging
- Improved Culture Change: You can now restore a previous culture to a converted province, or convert a province you hold to a culture that is not your own.
- Native Policies: Set your policy for colonial encounters with natives. Are you focused on quick subjugation, peaceful growth or trading advantages?
- Improved Espionage: New spy actions allow you to study the technology of more advanced countries and prod your rivals’ subjects towards independence.

Really looking forward to hearing more about the diplomatic options, they sound nice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Europa Universalis IV: Goat-fucker of Alexandria

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013

Dibujante posted:

That art style... for about 600 milliseconds I thought you had announced Telltale Games' Europa Universalis.

I would love something like this. Either you play as a ruler, with all the political maneuvering and betrayal, or perhaps a game like Walking Dead, except instead of surviving the zombie apocalypse, you're a German peasant trying to survive the 30 years' war.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
France will remember that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Darkrenown posted:

France will remember that.

> Give France 25 ducats?
> [YES]

France has forgotten that

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is there a release date yet?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Bold Robot posted:

It usually goes something like 6 weeks from announcement? So probably somewhere in the first half of December.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

TorakFade posted:

I'm going to wrap up my Italy game tonight, sadly I didn't manage to recreate Rome but at least I annexed Austria, Spain and France so I guess I win at Europe.

Now for my next game I am looking for a moderate difficulty start, possibly away from central / western Europe.. Muscovy?

Any ideas, tips or another fun start?

Livonian order is fun. Doing that for my game. You have western technology and you're a monastic order, monastic orders get crazy good leaders from my play throughs. You could go for Baltic crusaders, which is a fairly challenging achievement but it's not too hard.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
This looks really cool and a cossacks & steppes DLC has been high on my personal list of DLC I want to play for a while. Does this mean we'll get Orthodox hordes and localizations/mechanics for them as well?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Welp, another Russia game is in the queue then

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Yo Wiz, is there any way in the game currently to convert to Norse without importing a CK2 file? Cause that sounds like a really cool run, to me.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dibujante posted:

Well, it's no Repin....

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Carrier posted:

Yo Wiz, is there any way in the game currently to convert to Norse without importing a CK2 file? Cause that sounds like a really cool run, to me.

You can pick Norse on the nation designer so it's in the base game files. If you'd want to convert to it in a regular historical game you'd need to do save editing though.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Bold Robot posted:

I'm going to go take a stab in the dark and say 10 November, if only because that's apparently the day all the cool games are releasing.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Should be 11th of November

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Yay.

Please include an achievement that, somehow, references the Zaporozhian Cossacks hilarious and famous reply.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Games > Europa Universalis IV: Goat-fucker of Alexandria

Games > EU4: By land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Finally finished that Milan game I started months ago. It's fun, but the last 20 years or so were a slog. At least I dismantled the HRE. :toot:

Shout outs to Sweden -> Scandinavia AI, the Ottomans and Scandinavia murdering Russia in the 1600's, and France for being my ally from 1444->1821.

It feels good when France's opinion of you switches to threatened after you murder Spain and Portugal in the span of 20 years.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Node posted:

Yay.

Please include an achievement that, somehow, references the Zaporozhian Cossacks hilarious and famous reply.

quote:

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick.

Achievement: With Ruthenian primary culture, own Babylon, Macedonia, Jerusalem, Alexandria, Egypt, Armenia, Podolia, Tartary, and Kamenets.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

vyelkin posted:

Achievement: With Ruthenian primary culture, own Babylon, Macedonia, Jerusalem, Alexandria, Egypt, Armenia, Podolia, Tartary, and Kamenets.

:perfect:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

vyelkin posted:

This would be sweet, but you'd want to find a way to make it not just "start as Muscovy, culture shift to Ruthenian".

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

PittTheElder posted:

This would be sweet, but you'd want to find a way to make it not just "start as Muscovy, culture shift to Ruthenian".

Nah. That sounds sweet as hell.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
Ruthenian culture horde?

e: regardless of anything, east slavic culture hordes should be called "hosts".

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

Require starting as a Zaporozhye (exists as a vassal in later dates, unless that changed?)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

vyelkin posted:

That is so wonderful. On top of it, after owning all those areas, diplomatically insult the Ottoman Empire.

also, how is Brewer of Jerusalem an insult? Yes, Muslims don't drink alcohol, but that seems kind of weak compared to Crick of our Dick.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Node posted:

That is so wonderful. On top of it, after owning all those areas, diplomatically insult the Ottoman Empire.

also, how is Brewer of Jerusalem an insult? Yes, Muslims don't drink alcohol, but that seems kind of weak compared to Crick of our Dick.

It's composed as a matched reply to the Sultan's own letter, where he titles himself, amongst other things, Protector of Jerusalem. Basically 'not the big deal you think you are'.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Node posted:

diplomatically insult the Ottoman Empire

totally necessary

Fister Roboto posted:

Games > EU4: By land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother

mods please tia

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Or, just:
Europa Universalis IV: gently caress your mother!

with a slightly different spin it works as a CKII thread title too! :shobon:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ran into a guy at my college playing EU4 the other day. I bring it up cause he was using the terrain mapmode

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

StashAugustine posted:

Ran into a guy at my college playing EU4 the other day. I bring it up cause he was using the terrain mapmode

Well, there's your CB right there!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

gently caress.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

He probably also only eats raw steak without any utensils and I would guess that he can bend a horseshoe straight with his bare hands.

I'm saying, he sounds pretty hardcore.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Deltasquid posted:

Finally finished that Milan game I started months ago. It's fun, but the last 20 years or so were a slog. At least I dismantled the HRE. :toot:

Shout outs to Sweden -> Scandinavia AI, the Ottomans and Scandinavia murdering Russia in the 1600's, and France for being my ally from 1444->1821.

It feels good when France's opinion of you switches to threatened after you murder Spain and Portugal in the span of 20 years.

Italy is so fun. It takes a while to get the ball rolling, but once you do you are unstoppable. I went to war with the whole HRE plus Sweden.. It costed me my whole army and manpower (force limit 610, 400k manpower) but I beat them only to take lovely graubunden and wipe Milan off the map. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

I am now using the 30 years remaining to reclaim greece and more of the balkans from the Ottomans, if I had another century I could kick them out of Europe completely...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the rosetta mod is pretty great, there's something incredibly satisfying watching province names change as well as the usual map painting

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

quote:

Nice one paradox
you really improved your turk-hating skills to another level.
Oh Paradox Plaza, never change :allears:. Here's the poster's signature:

quote:

Because I am Turkish. Paradox Interactive sees me as sub-human. And I am not even entitled for a simple answer in their forums. Well... It is not that hard to play another games you know... I don't often go forums for discussion. Because I know most of them are toxic. If I am here it is because I am loving and caring about your games. And treating your fans as sub-humans is not a good way for a company in gaming industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Does he realize that the ottos are the most op country in the game?

"Turk-hating" is everybody else fighting them in this game because drat

• Locked thread