Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Polygamy is illegal, though.

Boo

You guys are harsh! I don't mind the millionfish comic though yes- it has some major issues. The second comic is far superior, though, given that I support having Jolyne hook up with just about anyone other than Anasui. I like Diver Down at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm a pedant and I get my kicks from hating on things for no huge reason. I do think the artstyle in those comics is a bit too generic though. When I think of tumblr comics, that's the kind of thing I think of.

There is no way Jotaro wouldn't Kujo up a formal hat for a funeral too.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Your innate crabbiness can just keep the rest of us honest. ;)

A good joseph death comic should also include a moment where his hand somehow malfunctions during the funeral or burial, making everyone wonder if it's another death prank.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

This isn't the first time Joseph walked in on his own funeral. He probably just got lost

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I would have preferred if the tombstone had scratched out dates for 37 and 89, and 2011 had a question mark next to it.
Also the epitaph would read "OH NOOOOOOO"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The best thing about that comic is Turtle Polnareff being there to make it even more ridiculous. Like Jotaro just took him in as a pet or something.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

Like Jotaro just took him in as a pet or something.
This would indeed be ridiculous and not at all a thing I fervently want to believe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

The best thing about that comic is Turtle Polnareff being there to make it even more ridiculous. Like Jotaro just took him in as a pet or something.

He's on vacation from his mafia work.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I still don't understand how Polnareff would go along with being a GANG-STAR's consigliore, though.

Or maybe when you're a fuckin' spirit in a turtle shell you sort of throw up your hands and say "morality is bad, why not hang out with a ruthless mob teen."

Am I alone in feeling like this is not a very Polnareff-y thing to do?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
At least he's keeping drugs off the streets and helping ensure the mafia doesn't get up to things that harm his community.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Honor transcends occupations and peer groups.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But Girono, I sell drugs to the community!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

What is Giorno even going to do now that he's a Mafia don? Other than getting rid of the drug trade.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Go to Disneyland after engineering an elaborate plan to evolve Fugo's Stand.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What is Giorno even going to do now that he's a Mafia don? Other than getting rid of the drug trade.

I loving wish I still had that comic where giorno convinces the other mafiosos to go into the bakery business

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

This.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

Checks out

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

mr. stefan posted:

I loving wish I still had that comic where giorno convinces the other mafiosos to go into the bakery business

I spent at least 20 minutes googling that this morning to no avail. :(

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain

mr. stefan posted:

Is it this Giorno-pizza comic? I'm kind of hoping it isn't, because it means there are more Giorno-pastry comics out there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did polnareff even know giorno was dio's son

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Is it this Giorno-pizza comic? I'm kind of hoping it isn't, because it means there are more Giorno-pastry comics out there.

Millionfish strikes again!!!

I also spent a couple of minutes today considering how it would feel to stuff your ear into your ear hole and decided that I don't need the answer to that question

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Did polnareff even know giorno was dio's son

He probably figured it out eventually. Maybe.

I mean, the MUDA MUDA MUDA thing kinda gives it away and Giorno does that quite a bit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wouldn't want you guys to be arrested and sent to Guantanamo Bay for making jokes about a comic book.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Aurain posted:

Wouldn't want you guys to be arrested and sent to Guantanamo Bay for making jokes about a comic book.

I can say I want to kill the President all I like, because gently caress your country!

I wouldn't though, President Valentine is the poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro, Johnny, Valentine and Diego (The World ver.) revealed for EoH

Don't really like those colours for Johnny and Gyro but I'm loving that Diego's World looks different like it does in the manga as opposed to being a copy paste of DIO's one.

No Hot Pants yet though, sadly.

e: Also, Gyro has a unique style of fighting "revolution" in addition to horse mode and stand mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-UFxwTu_M

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 15, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Gyro, Johnny, Valentine and Diego (The World ver.) revealed for EoH

Don't really like those colours for Johnny and Gyro but I'm loving that Diego's World looks different like it does in the manga as opposed to being a copy paste of DIO's one.

No Hot Pants yet though, sadly.

e: Also, Gyro has a unique style of fighting "revolution" in addition to horse mode and stand mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-UFxwTu_M

The World should be riding the horse too, holding onto Diego imo

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I hate the design of Johnny and Gyro's stands. Weird baby and mickey mouse looking fuckers.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Cicadalek posted:

I hate the design of Johnny and Gyro's stands. Weird baby and mickey mouse looking fuckers.

tbf the final form of Tusk is pretty cool.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Every form past Act 1 of Tusk looks rad, but I'm pretty sure that's the point. For the longest time, Johnny can only shoot his fingernails and he's got this gaudy ugly-cute baby thing following him till it eventually becomes a giant pink....thing copying Johnny's horseshoe symbol on his hat and delivers the greatest ORA scene in the history of JoJo.

It's symbolic you see.

but yeah I totally forget Gyro even had a Stand sometimes.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Doesn't Gyro only have a stand for like 2 minutes then sacrifices it to do a thing?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ekusukariba posted:

Doesn't Gyro only have a stand for like 2 minutes then sacrifices it to do a thing?

Yeah, then he got another one right before he died.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tusk Act 1 is cute as gently caress.

Isn't it more than Gyro dies before getting to use Ball Breaker again rather than him sacrificing it?

e: Yeah, he does voluntarily give up Scan so yeah, what Ekusukraiba says is still accurate.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 15, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Gyro had two Stands, Scan and Ball Breaker. Scan was from the eye which he lost to Lucy Steel and he naturally gets Ball Breaker. I also totally forget how they explain how Johnny keeps Tusk when Hot Pants takes the arm, she left a small piece inside of him so he would keep Tusk?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Ball Breaker always looked less like Mickey Mouse and more like one of those drones since that weird head ornament usually faces downward

I mean, I can certainly get where people see Mickey but I just took a different impression from it.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, Gyro had two Stands, Scan and Ball Breaker. Scan was from the eye which he lost to Lucy Steel and he naturally gets Ball Breaker. I also totally forget how they explain how Johnny keeps Tusk when Hot Pants takes the arm, she left a small piece inside of him so he would keep Tusk?

Yeah Johnny kept a small fragment of the arm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's unfortunate those Johnny and Gyro colors come from some of the more iconic Part 7 covers, because they're really disgusting.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
America colored Johnny is the best Johnny. Also there's a SBR cover with a blue Johnny and purple hair that I like a lot, but green is ehhhhh.

wow I forgot how much Tusk Act 4 looks like it's about to gently caress you up. Johnny was a really good JoJo.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah Johnny kept a small fragment of the arm
Ah okay, cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Gyro colours are the least offensive of the two but they look quite a bit too saturated for my liking. You could salvage the Gyro pretty easy by toning down the sheer amount of blue.

There's no reason at all to go with lime green Johnny over the ASB white and blue.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Nitpicky, but I prefer white coat Valentine over pink coat Valentine, but it's fine, D4C looks great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gyro didn't need a natural stand and i think its a disappointment they threw one at him at the very end. I don't even remember what it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It shattered Valentine's dimensional walls (which is also a result of perfect spin really) and aged the poo poo out of him. Valentine basically says he'd be straight up dead if he wasn't lucky enough to make the sphere into an ellipse.

Ball Breaker probably wouldn't have been as powerful as Tusk 4 ends up being but I imagine that if it had screen time, it would have been extremely powerful too.

I guess it might have even worked in frozen time like Tusk 4 does too.