Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Youko's mom is terrifying :stare:. ... I hope Asahi won't grow up to be a scary husband like that when he and Youko grow up and get married.

Youko's mom is the only girl in this series who is cute, but not dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrSunshine posted:

Youko's mom is terrifying :stare:. ... I hope Asahi won't grow up to be a scary husband like that when he and Youko grow up and get married.

I hope Asahi won't grow up to be a cowardly husband who constantly hides stuff behind his wife's back that he knows she wouldn't approve of! Both sending spies to keep tabs on their daughter and then going incognito himself and lying to her about where he's going, what a bad husband! :shittydog:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MrAptronym posted:

I knew it was coming, but they always get me with the execution. The gender-swap character thing almost lost me at first (especially since its been done twice before here) but they really use each one differently and he is just presented so matter-of-factly without a word of the usual dumb baggage that comes along.

I like that they are bringing their families in more. its the natural progression now that they are together.

Normally you'd expect a romantic comedy harem series to wind down or end when the protagonist picks a girl, but this hasn't lost any steam at all and the author is even using them being together as a new way to set stuff up. It's impressive.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kanos posted:

Normally you'd expect a romantic comedy harem series to wind down or end when the protagonist picks a girl, but this hasn't lost any steam at all and the author is even using them being together as a new way to set stuff up. It's impressive.

That's because it's more com, less rom

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The romance just provides a foundation for the comedy, rather than being the main focus.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
That was loving amazing. I love the little details, like Genjirou doing the "covering fangs with hand" thing when he's trying to act girly, or the "it was a crowbar all along" that someone mentioned already.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope Asahi won't grow up to be a cowardly husband who constantly hides stuff behind his wife's back that he knows she wouldn't approve of! Both sending spies to keep tabs on their daughter and then going incognito himself and lying to her about where he's going, what a bad husband! :shittydog:

Honestly, I think Asahi would be a slightly less, uh, sinister Touko, while Youko would be a nicer version of her dad.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Youko's mom has a crowbar in the last page :stare:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Xelkelvos posted:

Mompire is one of the best characters, truly.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm catching up after having fallen behind a while ago.

I had to stop and catch my breath after reading chapter 89 and just how hilariously, absurdly stupid it is. I was laughing too hard. I completely lost it at "I can feel my butt breathing!!"

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Shugojin posted:

Youko's mom has a crowbar in the last page :stare:

Youko's mom has a crowbar in every page.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

khy posted:

I'm catching up after having fallen behind a while ago.

I had to stop and catch my breath after reading chapter 89 and just how hilariously, absurdly stupid it is. I was laughing too hard. I completely lost it at "I can feel my butt breathing!!"

I think every other speech bubble in that section has an amazing and memorable line, it's fantastic.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Xelkelvos posted:

Karmic balance of this fact is what made her dad become a girl that is cute and dumb.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Truthism better get a second and ideally anime season just because I want to see the current storyline and Genjirou's antics animated. If they only make a second and not a third, it'd probably just end right before things get REALLY stupid. And that'd just be a shame.

khy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 13, 2015

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

There Bias Two posted:

The romance just provides a foundation for the comedy, rather than being the main focus.
While this is true, the romance is actually really well done, especially the heartbreak parts. The full page of Aizawa's stricken look after hearing Kuromine tell Mikan that he likes Youko is sadgirl.jpg. Her later telling him "Please don't say anything yet, I think I know how it's going to go and I need some time to steel myself" is also a fantastic bit of characterization. Tiny alien girl can't catch a break.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New JiWaWaWa Chapter

e: Oh Aizawa, never give up trying to give up Kuromine. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 15, 2015

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

kshaaa!!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

New JiWaWaWa Chapter

e: Oh Aizawa, never give up trying to give up Kuromine. :allears:
um...

I don't mind doing it a little longer, you know...
:allears:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Zeruel posted:

kshaaa!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

kshaaa!!

New Battle Youko!
With deadly kung-fu action

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zeruel posted:

kshaaa!!

I started hearing I won't lose Gunleon in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCMWNRBPTw

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

No one's asking the important questions, like where Aizawa gets all these matching outfits in full and miniature size!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Outside of Youko Faces that felt like a largely unnecessary chapter.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Yoko is still amazing.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

At least it has Kuromine like "Yeah, sure:geno:" when Nagisa says she is over him for really reals this time.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I would have liked more of Genjirou making a fool out of himself in front of Kuromine and his wife, but karate-action Youko is cute and funny so it all worked out in the end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

I would have liked more of Genjirou making a fool out of himself in front of Kuromine and his wife, but karate-action Youko is cute and funny so it all worked out in the end.

And dumb! Gotta remember the dumb. :3:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

khy posted:

Genjirou's loving dead

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that it looks like despite now having our canon couple they'll still be individual characters and (hopefully often) on their own rather than joined at the hip in every scene.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a new chapter out.

It's 40 chapters ahead of the currently translated chapters. Great.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

So the most recent chapter?

Been keepin' up with Korean scans so it gets hard to remember where the English scans are at.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Don't need details, but were you spoilered? Or was it a one-off chapter like this last one?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Don't need details, but were you spoilered? Or was it a one-off chapter like this last one?

Checked a site to see which chapter it was, and it's very spoilery.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, Chapter 96 was a whole barrel of laughs. It's so nice to see all the kids being best friends, even despite their love troubles :allears:

That being said, i was also surprised by the sudden chapter jump. Where'd THAT come from?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

So thats why I was so confused. manga app just told me there was a new one and it seems pretty abrupt.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

That being said, i was also surprised by the sudden chapter jump. Where'd THAT come from?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:troll:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

To be fair, raws get posted there all the time, and this one was of particular interest due to... shenanigans that take place within.

e: HOLY poo poo! I thought this was the chapter before, but THIS...
OH my GOD

not-story related spoiler
had a bit of a laugh at the 'dialect' they gave Youko
This chapter has the BEST faces, hands down.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 20, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I think I will...wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Artificer posted:

I think I will...wait.

Yeeaahh... I will too. Not looking at that spoiler.

• Locked thread