Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Rewound a few times, not just because of the heartwarming righteousness but because I couldn't stop laughing at that unintentionally superb youtube channel intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Snowman_McK posted:

What the gently caress happened to Ellenberger? I remember there seemed a time when him, McDonald and Condit were all really good Welterweight prospects. McDonald and Condit are still cool and handsome, but Ellenberger is just falling apart. Is it just him not developing as a fighter?

He was murdered by Stephen Thompson earlier this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
UFC Orlando tickets go on sale in an hour and a half. I'm grabbing two right now. Anyone else wanna pool together?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What's the newsletter code? I signed up but didn't get anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
GOBIG is what I was told. I'm looking at tickets in the ballpark of where I sat last time. $175 a piece is what it looks like.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

UFC Orlando tickets go on sale in an hour and a half. I'm grabbing two right now. Anyone else wanna pool together?

:hf:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

GOBIG is what I was told. I'm looking at tickets in the ballpark of where I sat last time. $175 a piece is what it looks like.

I've never been to this place, where's a good place to sit in the $175 range? Everything good looks to be $250

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kaddish posted:

I've never been to this place, where's a good place to sit in the $175 range? Everything good looks to be $250

All the tickets disappeared off my listing so I'm just hoping that it's an issue with the presale not being live yet and not an issue of all of the tickets being sold before the presale began.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah, either this place sold like 90% of the seats in the last 10 minutes or there's some kind of display issue.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm down for 2 tickets at sub $200 levels. Think my girl and I met up with some of you last time after the fights and did some drinking.

We had a great time in the 80 nose bleed seats, but we definitely saw the value of getting good seats.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They made it so you can only use their "best available" feature and I couldn't actually choose the seats I wanted. I got some decent spots though. After tax and everything it came to right at 200 a ticket and it's on the same level that we sat on last time.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Wound up in row 15 of the lower level. We were up in the nosebleeds for the last Orlando card, but had similar seats for the card at BB&T center. It's fun either way but was much better being closer.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Section 104 row 15, two rows back from Mr Nice and his crew. This will be my first UFC and looks like it will be a good one. This is actually a great card for a Fight Night.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just wish I was getting to watch Khabib doing his thing to RDA again.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just wish I was getting to watch Khabib doing his thing to RDA again.

I'm worried Khabib won't be as good post injury.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Pre or post fight goon meet, yeah?

Mr. Nice!, don't forget your walking around drugs this time

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm worried Khabib won't be as good post injury.
I can see a striker losing a lot after a long layoff due to leg injury, but as long as his back is healthy I would think Khabib will be fine.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

david carmichael posted:

manvel (he's gone back to gokur mostly now), travis browne, jake ellenberger (started there before the robie lawler fight)

He's also worked with the 4 Horsewomen, who have professionally gone 1-7 since he started that.

Baszler went from a top 10 fighter (still probably would have been top 15 even after TUF 18 concluded) to a washed up has-been and cut from the UFC very, very quickly.

Duke went from a pretty decent prospect with strong muay thai striking to a three-fight losing streak, losing to the softest softball Sean Shelby could give her in her last fight.

Shafir went from an undefeated amateur with an elite judo background to 1-2 as a pro, losing to a fighter who was making her pro debut in her last fight.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

KidDynamite posted:

From the stories context she's mad Ronda didn't get special treatment. most good boxing gyms involve being ignored while you prove that you are down with getting punched in the face. If that's her only complaint against Edmond it's pretty weak.

He wouldn't even train her for months, until one day she was holding pads by the door, and he once again refused, and she screamed "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!" at which point he said he had totally intended to train her that day but needed to change out of his suit first.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bean Fried posted:

He's also worked with the 4 Horsewomen, who have professionally gone 1-7 since he started that.

Baszler went from a top 10 fighter (still probably would have been top 15 even after TUF 18 concluded) to a washed up has-been and cut from the UFC very, very quickly.

Duke went from a pretty decent prospect with strong muay thai striking to a three-fight losing streak, losing to the softest softball Sean Shelby could give her in her last fight.

Shafir went from an undefeated amateur with an elite judo background to 1-2 as a pro, losing to a fighter who was making her pro debut in her last fight.

There was not a lot of upside to any of those fighters, it's hard to say someone actually ruined a turd.

It's not like a Gray Maynard/AKA situation where a dude's chin seemed to instantly diminish as soon as he changed camps.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

They are all bad and would have been bad under any other coach.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bean Fried posted:

Shafir doesn't seem to have a chin so you can't blame him there. Baszler just had the sport pass her by. Duke always looked like a baby giraffe out there so who knows if she'd improve in another camp.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Trast posted:

Shafir doesn't seem to have a chin so you can't blame him there. Baszler just had the sport pass her by. Duke always looked like a baby giraffe out there so who knows if she'd improve in another camp.

if your fighter has a lovely chin perhaps you should work with them on not eating big shots.

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!
I don't think any of the people that joined Edmond's gym have really degenerated (Ellenberger had the same problems before he joined Edmond's gym, those girls all sucked), but the fact that there hasn't been a single fighter aside from Rousey who has actually improved under him is damning enough for a coach.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQWNGbzhu8

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Would anyone be at all surprised that TAM team meetings are held shirtless? https://instagram.com/p/82Zlwls4iI/

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

david carmichael posted:

if your fighter has a lovely chin perhaps you should work with them on not eating big shots.

Or if you can't take a punch don't be in punch sports?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Trast posted:

Brock did pretty well despite being unable to take a hit for a good time and probably still would be if he would eat his veggies.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Trast posted:

things are working out fine for arlovski, overeem, jacare, machida, etc.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Barboza is chinny but ever since he started training in jersey with Mark Henry he has stopped getting punched real hard in the face and hadn't been knocked out or wobbled really

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brock did pretty well despite being unable to take a hit for a good time and probably still would be if he would eat his veggies.

The difference is Brock actually had an okay chin, it was just his reaction to getting hit that sucked. He's still the only dude Shane Carwin didn't Actually Murder when he hit him.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The only time I think Brock ever got KO'd was that time he botched a shooting star press on Kurt Angle.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Comparing the 4 horse women (lmao) to machida and jacare and overeem

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Ogantai posted:

Would anyone be at all surprised that TAM team meetings are held shirtless? https://instagram.com/p/82Zlwls4iI/

TAM is the best MMA team.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dangersim posted:

Barboza is chinny but ever since he started training in jersey with Mark Henry he has stopped getting punched real hard in the face and hadn't been knocked out or wobbled really

Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

david carmichael posted:

things are working out fine for arlovski, overeem, jacare, machida, etc.

I would argue that things are the opposite of working out for Machida ever since his chin broke.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Trast posted:

I would argue that things are the opposite of working out for Machida ever since his chin broke.

He's still in the ufc getting paid a lot to fight, so yeah he's doing fine

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

coconono posted:

Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry?

When you spend all day taking punches from the strongest man in the world you end up having an iron chin.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny to refer to 3 bums and Ronda as the 4 horsewomen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

henkman posted:

He's still in the ufc getting paid a lot to fight, so yeah he's doing fine

True the money is nice. Now will he remember making any of that money? :smith:

• Locked thread