Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bait and Swatch posted:

That movie poster is priceless. What's the "grand strategy" of the left? A desire for fairness and equality?

Dude must be pretty fuckin' out there to be protested. There's a well-known old dude preacher who comes onto the IU campus with one of those big lists of sins signs including all kinds of stuff college students hold near and dear to their hearts, and I've never seen anybody bat an eye at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Wait, this can't be right. That poster doesn't mention Trump at all. Is be aware of this? Someone send him a tweet quick!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol at the sawblades shopped onto the chainsaw

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bait and Swatch posted:

That movie poster is priceless. What's the "grand strategy" of the left? A desire for fairness and equality?

Whoa are you telling me I can't beat homosexuals to death anymore? What happened to freedom?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM38JU9LoJc

quote:

Darren Doane, director of the ground-breaking documentary, Collision, and box-office smash-hit, Unstoppable, returns with his most bold, uncensored, and provocative film to date. The Free Speech Apocalypse exposes the top strategies of the anti-God, pro-gay, hyper-liberal elite and offers perspective on the cultural decay that has accelerated over the three years since Wilson’s visit to Indiana University. The erosion of free speech and religious liberty in America is happening at an alarming rate, and it’s time for ordinary Americans to stand up and speak out.

:allears: I love the implication that just by being gay, I'm not an "ordinary American"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

Dude must be pretty fuckin' out there to be protested. There's a well-known old dude preacher who comes onto the IU campus with one of those big lists of sins signs including all kinds of stuff college students hold near and dear to their hearts, and I've never seen anybody bat an eye at him.

He made the rounds at Purdue too, I think. Most he got was occasionally students with too much free time would try to debate him.

I'm sure that counts as censorship though.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 15, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

"Why are people calling ME a racist?"

Well, let's see..

quote:

Slavery as it existed in the South ... was a relationship based upon mutual affection and confidence," the excerpts read in part. "There has never been a multiracial society which has existed with such mutual intimacy and harmony in the history of the world. ...

"Slave life was to them [slaves] a life of plenty, of simple pleasures, of food, clothes, and good medical care."

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2004/doug-wilson%E2%80%99s-religious-empire-expanding-northwest

uh.....yeah

https://rlstollar.wordpress.com/201...lavery-article/

Oh....poo poo....drat...Yeah uh...you have every loving right to be heckled off campus.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

fun fact, that pastor's website is called "Blog and Mablog."

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The conflation of criticism with forcible silencing is one of the weirdest and dumbest aspects of nerd culture.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Hermetic posted:

:allears: I love the implication that just by being gay, I'm not an "ordinary American"

They'll be ordinary Americans when they can hold hands in public and not be kicked out of their houses for the crime of being gay. :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Jaunts posted:

Gotta give him points for that

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Klaus88 posted:

They'll be ordinary Americans when they can hold hands in public and not be kicked out of their houses for the crime of being gay. :colbert:

I think that to this shitbag, I'll be "ordinary" when I'm no longer gay.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr Jaunts posted:

Going to give the devil his due and say that's a solid joke.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chimera-gui posted:

So as I was getting ready for my shower, I overheard my teabagger mother shouted something about Rubio eating Hilary. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the reason that Right Wing Media is so desperate to defame Hilary because they fear her since they know fully well that she has greater political power over Republicans and won't take their crap like Obama did?

Hillary Clinton is the most prominent, electable candidate the center-left has and has been for 20 years, and that's why the conservative media machine has been continuously trying to sink her for that entire time. Her being a woman isn't that much of a factor IMO, old white woman is the next most acceptable class of person after old white man to the right

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
That cover is alarmingly close to a parody of their position. The fact that they felt the need to photoshop buzzsaws onto the chainsaw is just silly though.

e: holy hell, they painted "Tolerance" in bloody script on the chainsaw.

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Why are people calling ME a racist?"

Well, let's see..

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2004/doug-wilson%E2%80%99s-religious-empire-expanding-northwest

uh.....yeah

https://rlstollar.wordpress.com/201...lavery-article/

Oh....poo poo....drat...Yeah uh...you have every loving right to be heckled off campus.

This is disgusting but not at all surprising.

The SPLC article is worth a full read. It really digs into the origins, objectives, and tactics of the union between neo-Conferederates and fundamentalist Christians that Wilson helped to found.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

God hates love, but he loves hate.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Mr Jaunts posted:

I read it once, and within a few minutes stumbled upon this.

quote:

This passage is the Word of God, and before moving on to how we are to receive and apply it today, let us — by which I mean all Christians who believe the Scripture — affirm that this law, as originally given, was holy, righteous, and good. This means that in the time of Moses, if a homosexual acted out his impulses, doing what is here forbidden, and was caught in that deed, and was duly tried and executed, no injustice whatever was done. This law, along with the rest of God’s law, teaches us what holiness means. To apologize for it, or to refuse to talk about it, because the perpetrators of unholy deeds today might find it offensive, is to contribute heavily to the lostness of a very lost generation.

So what about today? How should passages like Lev. 20:13 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] be received and applied? There are legitimate secondary questions that arise from this, like what the ideal law would be in a postmillennial republic. I have written about this elsewhere, but our chief task is to get there, and not so much to speculate about what it might be like when we do. And so how are we to get there? The answer is gospel, and nothing but gospel, and passages like Lev. 20:13 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] (unapologized for) play a key role in this.

Taking the flow of redemptive history into account, the central use of such passages must be evangelistic, which they cannot be if we spend our time being sorry about their existence. The law condemns sinners, and convinces them that they are under the just sentence of God’s holy wrath. This wrath manifestly includes those who pursue the unnatural lust that leads to same sex copulation. God hates it, and because He hates it, He will condemn to Hell those who live this way without repentance and faith in Jesus.

This means that execution for homosexual behavior is not passé. It still happens, and when it happens — at the hand of our most holy God — it is a judgment that is righteous and good.

Those gays are so intolerant! :qq:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Neodymium posted:

That cover is alarmingly close to a parody of their position. The fact that they felt the need to photoshop buzzsaws onto the chainsaw is just silly though.

Yeah I don't think he gets that the textless version of that poster could unironically fit right in as a call for progressiveness and peace to fight through right-leaning media and culture.

Unless he does get it and genuinely thinks stuff like "peace" and "equality" and "justice" and "love" are bad things.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Neodymium posted:

The SPLC article is worth a full read. It really digs into the origins, objectives, and tactics of the union between neo-Conferederates and fundamentalist Christians that Wilson helped to found.

I don't know if we really should tolerate intolerant views. Which is really what this film is claiming we should do.

I think there's like a level of intolerance that perhaps one should at least point to as a "line" really. Perhaps Ann Coulter for example would be an intriguing speaker because she has a certain name to herself and I am sure even she wouldn't be a "Neo-confederate" in the tradition that this guy is. She's also written several books, and has appeared on relevant programs on television.

Is she pretty vile? Yeah, but at least I can argue that she's a somewhat valid person to listen to if you'd want to listen to an opposing view

I don't see what this guy really has to offer in the academic arena.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I mean I get called out for having unpopular views all the time, and I just see it as differences of opinion, not because its a lbieral conspiracy to silence me. Really I think its certain shitstains who cannot deal with other people telling them that their ideas are dumb.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Neodymium posted:

Oh okay now I see why students protested quite enthusiastically

Good lord

Keeshhound posted:

He made the rounds at Purdue too, I think. Most he got was occasionally students with too much free time would try to debate him.

I'm sure that counts as censorship though.

He had a bit of a crowd, likely mostly just Freshmen gawking because this was the first week of classes and omg college lyfe!!!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crowder is hosting a contest....for an AR15

quote:

Not actual gun, for illustration purposes only. And to offend the liberals. Two birds…

While everyone is running around like chickens sans heads and logic, screaming the sky is falling and guns are to blame, here at LouderWithCrowder.com we’re giving a gun away. If the sky is falling, better to have weapons, am I right? Why did we pick the most vilified, “scary black rifle” that we could find in the AR15?

Because screw you, that’s why.

We’ve partnered with our fantastic friends at AR15.com to provide you, our reader, viewer and listener (aka, you genius you), with the opportunity to win one of these great equalizers. So step up, sign up, get in on a chance to win one of these rifles the left hates more than they hate free speech.

Even more, we’ll fly the lucky winner out to meet with the LouderWithCrowder.com crew for a filmed range session. Of course this is optional. I wouldn’t want to spend a day with me either. Sadly I have no option. It’s me or…me. Prayers welcome.

Click here for the OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY PAGE (I made that all caps because it’s important. And because I’m yelling it. It’s my male white privilege showing) to read the official rules and enter the contest.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/giveaways/ar15/

If you were to win it, what would you do with it?

Also, no background checks?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Break it over Steve Crowder's swollen head.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Report for straw purchase ?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Epic High Five posted:

I remember the dude came to CSU one time and this incredibly drunk dude deconstructed him with drunkard logic.

"Wait why is football on there?"

"Because you should be going to church on sunday"

"What about college football, thats on Saturday"

"Well, you could be using that time to go to Bible study"

"Thats not in the loving bible!"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

its true, i hate guns more than i hate free speech.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

quote:

Because screw you, that's why.

Well, at least he's being honest.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Phone posted:

:perfect:

The more he can be arrested/investigated/audited/punched in the face, the better.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess working in a pharmacy (in state with the most pharmacy robberies, natch) and having to realistically expect a gun to possibly get stuck in my face every shift made me realize that I don't really fear AR15s or any of the other big milsperg rifles. They do nothing a handgun can't do better and easier for the purposes of killing people at close range except act as a Badge of Manhood, and if you need a physical item to do that you've loving lost.

My proposed solution to gun violence is therefore to band handguns entirely, and if you're going to go off property with a semi/auto rifle you have to be wearing skis or else you lose the gun. Can't look cool trying to walk in skis, it's literally impossible and thus a great test of if they're trying to look cool or actually concerned about the 2nd amendment.

edit - oh and at least once a week I'd have to give my stump speech on why I don't want to carry a gun and why I'm opposed to guns in my pharmacy. I can't out draw somebody who already has a gun in my face, bringing a gun into an already tense situation is an escalation to violence when it likely wasn't already on the table, etc. The thing I'd close with that would really stump them though? "And frankly, nothing in this pharmacy that anybody could want is worth ending a human life." Shows how guns are viewed as a Make Problems Stop device not a Killing People device I guess, and the worst part is when it's clouded by the fact that the person asking you is legit worried and likes you a lot and wants you to be safe.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember the dude came to CSU one time and this incredibly drunk dude deconstructed him with drunkard logic.

"Wait why is football on there?"

"Because you should be going to church on sunday"

"What about college football, thats on Saturday"

"Well, you could be using that time to go to Bible study"

"Thats not in the loving bible!"

:master:

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 15, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Phone posted:

Doesn't count if he intends to gift or resell it. I'm guessing this counts as the former.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Keeshhound posted:

Doesn't count if he intends to gift or resell it. I'm guessing this counts as the former.

So if you pinky promise to not commit a crime, you're in the clear?

That's some sovereign citizen poo poo right there.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It means that Crowder counts as the end user in the sale of the firearm, and would not be liable for its use unless he knew that he was giving it to someone who would be committing a crime with it.

quote:

The winner of the “AR-15 Giveaway” must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they reside and be eligible to pass background checks and required Federal, State and Local laws in order to take possession of the firearm. There is no cash equivalent and no person other than the winning person may take possession of the firearm. Failure to comply with all Federal, State and Local laws including but not limited to background checks for firearm possession will result in the forfeiture of the prize and another winner will be selected. Winner must claim prize within 48 hours of drawings end or being contacted.

quote:

TRANSFER OF FIREARM: Transfer of the prize if falling under the legal definition of firearm, shall be conducted through a federally-licensed Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer. All firearms transfers will be conducted in strict compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws. By entering this sweepstakes you acknowledge that you are not legally prohibited from owning or taking possession of firearms.

His rear end is pretty well covered.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If I won it I'd melt it down into slag and chuck the thing at his head.

Besides, no way I'm keeping any AR trash in the same home I keep my glorious Kalashnikov collection.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

melt it down and recast it into a Hero of the Soviet Union medal

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Why is it always an AR-15? Handguns, shotguns, and hunting rifles all have their own specific uses and strengths, but what does the AR-15 have going for it besides its imitation combat rifle look? Is that honestly why it's so popular?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Why is it always an AR-15? Handguns, shotguns, and hunting rifles all have their own specific uses and strengths, but what does the AR-15 have going for it besides its imitation combat rifle look? Is that honestly why it's so popular?

It comes with a man card.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rhesus Pieces posted:

what does the AR-15 have going for it besides its imitation combat rifle look? Is that honestly why it's so popular?

Yes, also ammo for it is common so if the poo poo does hit the fan it would be easy to scavenge ammo and parts for

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Vid of a supporter at a Trump rally spitting on a fellow American because he's got dark skin:

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/654450139071954944/video/1

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Pretty much. It's for redneck manchildren when they want to play army man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Loving all the replies that say he deserves it for wearing an offensive T shirt or being rude at Trump's event.