Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
That would be pretty great if she was wearing the tiger hide as a flintstone dress or a hat in the next scene. Did he ever skyrim loot any bad guys he was fighting and take wizard robes or biker gear?

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I guess the "Virgin Wizard Age" varies by country? I've always heard 30 before, but according to comments that's only in Japan. I wonder what the American age is.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I guess the "Virgin Wizard Age" varies by country? I've always heard 30 before, but according to comments that's only in Japan. I wonder what the American age is.

I've always heard 30.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I like how everyone is so focused on the "lol Jee-Han has a harem" that nobody pointed out the real shocker of the chapter:

The president didn't get sucked into the global dungeon, she got sucked into Jee-Han's dungeon. The one he created based off of the global dungeon. So either he somehow, accidentally or subconsciously, sucked her into it... or the true purpose of that dungeon type has been revealed!

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
That's honestly why I said I thought that the chat room villians probably thought that they had a way of shifting the metaphysical blame.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain Bravo posted:

I like how everyone is so focused on the "lol Jee-Han has a harem" that nobody pointed out the real shocker of the chapter:

The president didn't get sucked into the global dungeon, she got sucked into Jee-Han's dungeon. The one he created based off of the global dungeon. So either he somehow, accidentally or subconsciously, sucked her into it... or the true purpose of that dungeon type has been revealed!

I assumed that since he "downloaded" their content any dungeons he makes are still their dungeons.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Elfgames posted:

I assumed that since he "downloaded" their content any dungeons he makes are still their dungeons.

This is what I thought. It wasn't Jee-han's DLC, its just DLC. Anyone can access the same DLC(apparently).

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Clearly the bad guys just made one of the clients serve as host to cut server costs.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This is what I thought. It wasn't Jee-han's DLC, its just DLC. Anyone can access the same DLC(apparently).

yeah it seems like his powers allow for anytime access whereas normal people have to be teleported there by the mobile version.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://mngcow.co/The-Gamer/104/ Jeehan doesn't waste any time :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lmao. Yes. This is what I am here for. The parts where Jeehan realizes he can use his power to completely break reality in stupid ways.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Oh poo poo! So he can use his power when partied with other people to give them the same advantages he does! Awesome!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It seems like bringing other people into the abyss would be really dangerous for them.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Goddammit. It's just like Fire Emblem. Giving you a level 1 mage when you're halfway through the second to last mission. :negative:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I love it. Some of my favorite bits of The Gamer are people's reactions to how insane/crazy/broken/whatever his ability is. But since he's training with the witch and nothing seems to faze Sun-Il anymore, the amount of fun reactions has decreased.

So now we get someone completely outside the Abyss that jee-han can show off to and we get all the fun reactions back.

Also, I just noticed a discrepancy. In chapter 26 Jee-Han says :

"The class rep, Kim Yoo-Jin, Has an int of 54".

But when she looks at the status window in chapter 104 she says it's 21. And then he asks how'd it get so high. Two different translation groups though so I dunno which is accurate.

khy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 22, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Fabricated posted:

It seems like bringing other people into the abyss would be really dangerous for them.

This is true, but she already seems to be there. Or at least she's on the periphery. If nothing gets done she'll get murdered by tutorial monsters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Aw man, Jee-Han. Stop that. You are making it seem like the whole thing is one big video game, when that is solely unique to you. Plus, this girl has already been shown to really like at least one game, so this just makes it more exciting. Add in the suspension bridge effect and Jee-Han is doing a pretty good job of sending her on a huge detour in life.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

khy posted:

Also, I just noticed a discrepancy. In chapter 26 Jee-Han says :

"The class rep, Kim Yoo-Jin, Has an int of 54".

But when she looks at the status window in chapter 104 she says it's 21. And then he asks how'd it get so high. Two different translation groups though so I dunno which is accurate.

It's like that on Naver as well, along with her level dropping from 10 to 6 for some reason :iiam:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
A background character got made into an actual character, is all. She has the stats she needs to to fit her current role in the story.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Mygna posted:

It's like that on Naver as well, along with her level dropping from 10 to 6 for some reason :iiam:

Plot twist: the dungeon gathers energy by Level Draining its victims. :v:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Mygna posted:

Actually I'm re-reading from the beginning and on Chapter 47 it changes as well. There it says "Normal people have an Int somewhere between 10 and 20" and says the class president has 30-40.

Her INT is draining over time. She went from 54, to 30-40, now down to 21. How long before she starts drooling uncontrollably in the corner and can't speak words with more than 3 syllables?

khy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 22, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So uh how often does this update?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

So uh how often does this update?

I believe it's weekly.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

khy posted:

Actually I'm re-reading from the beginning and on Chapter 47 it changes as well. There it says "Normal people have an Int somewhere between 10 and 20" and says the class president has 30-40.

Her INT is draining over time. She went from 54, to 30-40, now down to 21. How long before she starts drooling uncontrollably in the corner and can't speak words with more than 3 syllables?

Maybe instead it could be handwaved as the INT scale changing over time with the latest patches. 21 now is 54 then!

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe instead it could be handwaved as the INT scale changing over time with the latest patches. 21 now is 54 then!

Her school uniform grants a bonus to INT.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I killed 22 Kobolds and got four hundred dollars! With the experience I got I leveled up my intelligence and gained the "Speak Spanish" skill! Que maravilloso!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think there's something inherently creepy about someone wanting to stab a kobold in real life.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Clarste posted:

I think there's something inherently creepy about someone wanting to stab a kobold in real life.

What real life, they don't bleed or leave bodies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Serious Frolicking posted:

What real life, they don't bleed or leave bodies.

They seem to be screaming in pain, at least.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Clarste posted:

They seem to be screaming in pain, at least.

That is getting more common in games which is better than what they used to do when they used stock reaction sounds. When I played Secret of Mana when the enemies died the sounds they made were stock depending on the death animation. However, some enemies if you weaken them their AI has them run away. If you corner them they cover their heads. I could never kill them when that happened. :ohdear:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Avulsion posted:

Her school uniform grants a bonus to INT.

DrSunshine posted:

I'm hoping that at some point the Class Rep uses 'studying with Jee-Han' as a cover to get more info/skill books. And as part of the deal it's show that she's got a skill that boosts her Int when she's studying or otherwise preparing to learn.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Class President let me powerlevel you" while she looks at him blushing
:allears: this manhwa :allears:

Clarste posted:

She might just be running on nerves right now. I expect she'll have second thoughts about the whole thing when they get outta the dungeon.
She might be the person to call Jee-han out on his sociopathy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Jee-Han needs to pull this same powerleveling move with his super-strong teacher's daughter, lead her toward having some kind of purified demon-soul superpower. And I really hope he manages to form a party with every possible love interest at once, his best friend included :getin:.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't know why he ever disbands parties at all.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I don't know why he ever disbands parties at all.

Cause they'd be able to see his status at any time and he wouldn't be able to j/o anymore.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Cause they'd be able to see his status at any time and he wouldn't be able to j/o anymore.

Level 99 jerking.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Love interest hangs off side of cliff, clutching rope. "Jee-Han, save me!" Jee-han grabs the rope, uses skill, "tug it". It's so overleveled she goes flying into the air.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Jee-Han needs to pull this same powerleveling move with his super-strong teacher's daughter, lead her toward having some kind of purified demon-soul superpower. And I really hope he manages to form a party with every possible love interest at once, his best friend included :getin:.

I really hope that his buddy manages to snatch one of his love interests from him (maybe the red-head chick since they're both fighters). He's a pretty cool guy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I really hope that his buddy manages to snatch one of his love interests from him (maybe the red-head chick since they're both fighters). He's a pretty cool guy.

but they're from rival clans :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

How naive. Don't you see? His buddy is just another part of his harem. Jee-Han's curious, yo.