Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Goddamn, thank you so much for showing me that. That is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is too wonderful.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Travis343 posted:

I want a supercut of Griffin going on Pokemon rants because it happens a few times and it's always completely incredible.

The one where he's getting audibly enraged by Justin pretending he doesn't know which Pokemon are in the original 151 is my personal favorite.

Do you happen to know an episode number for this? I listened to... All of them in a fairly short time so I don't remember every goof

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

myron cope posted:

Do you happen to know an episode number for this? I listened to... All of them in a fairly short time so I don't remember every goof

Episode 120: Shuddering Ectoplasm

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

One thing I noticed from the flophouse adventure zone is that they had a much lower roll average than the normal episodes..

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

No more BOYS IN THE HOUSE :(

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

On the bright side, now Tyra should have time to finish the Modelland trilogy.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Well, at least this Candlenights there's going to be a Boywatch2015.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Justin McElroy ‏@JustinMcElroy 6h6 hours ago
Hey @travismcelroy hope you’re ready for the next episode of MBMBaM just being @griffinmcelroy and I eulogizing ANTM http://theatln.tc/1k5yv6u

This would actually be really funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Confession: I have not seen a single episode of ANTM.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean either you've never watched it or you've stumbled into three full seasons. No real middle area.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Waffleman_ posted:

It legit loving rules, no BS. you may think the brothers mcelroy are using hyperbole but this loving show is insane

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Would I start with the cycle where the boys enter the house?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

GNU Order posted:

It legit loving rules, no BS. you may think the brothers mcelroy are using hyperbole but this loving show is insane

Is it good kind of insane in which the circumstances are so outlandish(ly crazy) that you can't help but to see how the contestants react or is the bad kind of insane in which they're all assholes?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Waffleman_ posted:

Would I start with the cycle where the boys enter the house?

Yes, start with Cycle 2.0 Boyz in the House

toanoradian posted:

Is it good kind of insane in which the circumstances are so outlandish(ly crazy) that you can't help but to see how the contestants react or is the bad kind of insane in which they're all assholes?

It is the kind where they're all assholes. The circumstances of the show are fairly tame, it's less of a wacky gameshow and more just like "here's some modeling stuff you have to do around a theme" but it is hell of entertaining. It's trash, yes, but it's the right kind of trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxpALp27EsI
Technically Spoilers???? i guess?

This is the best video I could find that sums up the ANTM experience. If you can get down with this kind of garbage then you're in the right place

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

GNU Order posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxpALp27EsI
Technically Spoilers???? i guess?

This is the best video I could find that sums up the ANTM experience. If you can get down with this kind of garbage then you're in the right place

Aw man that doesn't even scratch the tip of the iceberg! I mean, here's a classic crazy clip from ANTM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Shpn5WCFs

But yes it's a fantastic show and the perfect Saturday is stumbling on a ANTM marathon on Lifetime with nothing else to do all day.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Griffin...did not take it well

quote:

Griffin McElroy ‏@griffinmcelroy 22h22 hours ago

THIS HOW YOU DO ME

quote:

THIS HOW YOU DO ME, CW

quote:

gently caress everything http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/americas-next-top-model-cancelled-cw-antm-cancelled-tyra-banks-1201618037/

quote:

none of you even DESERVE ANTM. Boys were IN THE HOUSE and you didn’t even care

quote:

.@tyrabanks i am a person of considerable wealth, how much would it cost to keep the light of ANTM in my life

quote:

the saddest thing about ANTM dying is that show only just took off two years ago when boys got all up in and around that house

quote:

Griffin McElroy ‏@griffinmcelroy 21h21 hours ago

i have nothing now @CW_network. i have nothing. you have bested me, old foe

quote:

Griffin McElroy ‏@griffinmcelroy 18h18 hours ago

Great jokes about ANTM everybody. Great jokes about the disappearance of the only pure source of joy that I have in my life

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mr Tastee posted:

More like Suicide Watch 2015, based on Griffin's tweets.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mr Tastee posted:

Justin and Griffin will have to put on their traditional black mourning Boyskinz.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Is the 'this is how you do me' a typical Huntingtonian phrase or just a Griffin thing? I've only heard it once before when Griffin lamented the lack of third Walker/Diesel/Johnson movie.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

toanoradian posted:

Is the 'this is how you do me' a typical Huntingtonian phrase or just a Griffin thing? I've only heard it once before when Griffin lamented the lack of third Walker/Diesel/Johnson movie.
It is a decade-old hip-hop type phrase that has been through the ironic white guy washing machine for so long it's basically no longer very thug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKx15yqLULc

This mainstream movie was released in 2008, where the humor is that a very white trash faux-thug man says it, and was probably written well before that.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 16, 2015

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's a direct reference to this tweet. I wish I could find the Colbert Report clip i first saw it in.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
ANTM is just a masterclass in self promotion. You can watch full seasons of crazy if you want but I recommend tracking down Pot Ledom, the hit single. Also glorious is that time Tyra used the models to promote her teen book Modelland. Sydnee and Justin did several wonderful podcasts about it.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Maybe in this darkest of times they can bring back Satellite Dish for a proper podcast wake

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Nemico posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a direct reference to this tweet. I wish I could find the Colbert Report clip i first saw it in.

Maybe it is. That tweet is from 2010 though. It did make a big splash at the time, but the phrase was already being bandied about ironically and unironically well before.

Anyway I like Griffin's Twitter "meltdown" and I want to listen to his The Juice Will Flow Pokemon goof again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nemico posted:

Stevie Johnson loving owns and is very funny. Every other football player thanks God when they do a good play, why not blame him when something fucks up?

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Nemico posted:

It's a common idiom that's been around for forever.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
gently caress it, why not. I'll start at the beginning. Where can I stream ANTM?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, considering that the ANTM goofs were borne from Hulu Plus ads in the Money Zone...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wake_N_Bake posted:

gently caress it, why not. I'll start at the beginning. Where can I stream ANTM?

Why, Hulu Plus, friend. Have you heard about it's vast selection of tv shows, all for a low fee (now slightly less low if you want ad free viewing)?

But yea for real last I checked with plus you should have like, all of ANTM, at the very least it had up to BOYS IN THE HOUSE's start.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
When I play a Polygon video and hear Griffin's nasally voice say "Now Justin..." I know that all is well in the world.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Even if you don't play Destiny you should probably read Griffin's review of the new emotes psychic weapons included in the newest expansion.

"Do you remember Carlton Banks, from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Here is a history lesson: Carlton was the son of Philip Banks, the uncle and trusted guardian of Will Smith, who was allowed to use his real name in the show for some reason. Here's the thing: Carlton and Will were not very similar. Will was loved by his peers because of his Freshness, while Carlton was largely shunned, because he was a spoiled and naive man-boy who, by comparison, was challenging to be around. He often did a silly little dance, and that's what Enthusiastic Dance is based on.

In one episode, Carlton buys a loving gun, because The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air wasn't afraid to get real, but that's neither here nor there."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I appreciate that article because apparently someone at Polygon didn't realize having loving 18 huge gifs on a single goddamn page might slow some people's browsers to a fuckin' crawl and force them to quit and re-open it.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I appreciate that article because apparently someone at Polygon didn't realize having loving 18 huge gifs on a single goddamn page might slow some people's browsers to a fuckin' crawl and force them to quit and re-open it.

All of Vox Media does that. I'm not sure about Polygon, but in the case of SBNation, there's a bot in the comments section that posts random gifs from the site on demand.

I can hear my poor sweet innocent backup laptop trying to self immolate when all I want to do is read Breaking Madden.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

myron cope posted:

I've listened to The Juice Will Flow like 5 times. Griffin's pokemon run is amazing. It might be perfect. His immediate "yeah Travis, I'm going to open a bug type gym". The same Blastoise....

When Griffin gets deep into a single-breath run he's pretty much untouchable. His story on JJGo about his "DON-a-tello ice cream cone" almost had me to my knees on the sidewalk of a major city.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Modern Leper posted:

When Griffin gets deep into a single-breath run he's pretty much untouchable. His story on JJGo about his "DON-a-tello ice cream cone" almost had me to my knees on the sidewalk of a major city.

He hasn't done that since then, though. Really learned his lesson.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Daius posted:

Maybe in this darkest of times they can bring back Satellite Dish for a proper podcast wake

Every now and then I listen to sawbones and get bummed that it is never as good as sat dish.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Every now and then I listen to sawbones and get bummed that it is never as good as sat dish.

Sawbones recently had its 100th episode and they did a retrospective on their podcasting careers up to that point, they said that the reason why they stopped Satellite Dish is because with Sydnee working as a doctor and Justin helming his podcasting and videogame review empires they basically didn't watch enough TV together to keep the podcast running and were at the point where they were forcing themselves to take time out of their day to watch trashy reality TV for the podcast and it had stopped being fun. Which I guess is about as good a reason as you can have.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Sleeveless posted:

Sawbones recently had its 100th episode and they did a retrospective on their podcasting careers up to that point, they said that the reason why they stopped Satellite Dish is because with Sydnee working as a doctor and Justin helming his podcasting and videogame review empires they basically didn't watch enough TV together to keep the podcast running and were at the point where they were forcing themselves to take time out of their day to watch trashy reality TV for the podcast and it had stopped being fun. Which I guess is about as good a reason as you can have.

Yeah it's notable how often episodes begin with "we haven't actually watched much tv recently"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Yeah, We Hate Movies is so good that it's the only bad movie podcast I follow. If you don't listed to it give it a shot, some of their goofs are McElroy-tier. Here's the thread if you need more endorsements or episode recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raGCwMCCnm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYnfcijp_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reaP4iOjqqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtoZ4FbvVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHIif2E7IE
Big ups on this recommendation, by the way. I've been hitting We Hate Movies' backlog pretty hard since these were posted and it's just so very good.

• Locked thread