Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Some good rolls [surprised a bit at Mel Ott's roll], some not-so-good rolls, what can you do? I guess the only change I'm making is bumping up Urban Shocker to SP3, and bumping down Claude Osteen to SP4; each retains the personal catcher order I requested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Would Mogul give a young RA Dickey the knuckleball or would it kick in after he actually started throwing it?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DannoMack posted:

Would Mogul give a young RA Dickey the knuckleball or would it kick in after he actually started throwing it?

2001 Dickey has the knuckleball, it's the former.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The game actually has pitch data for each pitcher by year. But there's no data for Dickey before 2008 so I guess it just takes that?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress you Wally you go to the bench

Changing lineups:

1. Ricky Hendahson
2. Jawn Olerud
3. David Wright
4. Keith Hahnahndez
5. Mike Piazzar
6. Lenny Dykstar
7. Darryl Stawberry
8. Carlos Baerga (2B)
9. Howard Johnson (SS)

Benching Wally Backman for Carlos Baerga
Calling Howard Johnson up to play SS, Rey Ordonez to the minors

Pitching:
2002 Bartolo to 3, Sid to 5, orrasco to Setup, Clippard to SR, Leiter to LR,

John Franco and Noer demoted

Rotation:
1. Dwight Gooden
2. Matt Harvey
3. Bartolo Colon
4. Jacob deGrom
5. Sid Fernandez
CL : Familia
Setup: Orrasco
SR: Addison Reed
SR: Clippard
MR: Matz
LR: Leiter

Minors:
Noer Sun Da Gawd
Old Bartolo Colon
John Franco
Dennys Reyes
Bob Ojeda

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 15, 2015

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Switch Wagner and Hobbs batting order in the lineup.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XVII, Week 18: A Tragedy in 1.5 Acts

If you all think I'm going to sit back and let the corrupt Super-League court system force me into writing games of the week, then you're out of your minds.

Therefore, in defiance of the preliminary injunction ordered by the court, I am hereby instead going to post a portion of the unpublished manuscript of "The Lives and Deaths of Bruzer", commemorating the Super-League's victory over its most deadly foe. I know that some of you might not appreciate that, but I'm sticking to my guns about this boycott.

Act I

Scene I. Smasher Dynamo's Fortress

Enter ICEMOLE, FOREVERBWFC and BEET

ICEMOLE
Grim tidings to you, my friends, though I fear
That even such foreboding is too slight
To bear the woes of these dark mornings

BEET
I think that prose must suit us best, because counting to ten syllables for every line is going to old, dudes.

ICEMOLE
This occasion is weighty and dense, friend
It befits men of our station to speak
In a manner of similar heft that
All may understand the peril to us
And to the Super-League which we all love.

BEET
Seriously?

ICEMOLE
I jest not, good Beet, e'en now we sit scar'd
Preparing for that lightless journey soon
To take us all, lest a savior come here
And turn back the night that stretches to all
Where dawn does not break, save for our weak souls

BEET
I'm curious to see how long you can keep this up. I mean, there's a lot of exposition to get through, and if you're willing to get through it ten syllables at a time, then I'm going to be impressed.

FOREVERBWFC
Yes, I am afraid that the amount of exposition is a bit too much to get through that way.

ICEMOLE
Fear ye not the power of metered verse
For it can say things more elegant far
Than plain words could ever hope to do so

FOREVERBWFC
He's really going to keep going. I suppose it does add a bit of levity to these dark circumstances. The Seventh Super-League is over. The Chicago Bobbleheads, much stronger now than ever before, strengethened by the since foresworn Super-League Challenge, have triumphed over all, and then challenged the heavens themselves, and pushed even the Macho Men to the brink of annihilation.

ICEMOLE
Aye, and then, as Icarus, they fell
Reckless courage laid them low there to die
Upon the invincible ramparts high
Where Macho Men dwell and judge the worthy ones

FOREVERBWFC
Too true. And they are gone, and I fear if Smasher Dynamo speaks as I know he must, our hopes may have passed with them.

BEET
Eh. Meh.

FOREVERBWFC
Yes, quite. Ah, Smasher approaches!

Enter SMASHER DYNAMO, OLDSKOOL, HUMUNGUS

SMASHER DYNAMO
Ah, you have received my summons, the brave IceMole, resolute Beet and loyal ForeverBWFC.

OLDSKOOL
These guys suck. Just saying. They really suck.
I mean, I've seen some sucky guys before
But these must be the suckiest suckers
Who sucked and sucked and sucked, right?

BEET
Wait, did you do that in iambic pentameter too? That is bullshit. This is all bullshit!

HUMUNGUS
The Humungus knows of the fears that Smasher Dynamo holds, the Humungus is unimpressed.

SMASHER DYNAMO
Oh? So brave, my Humungus, so unafraid of this threat, are you?

HUMUNGUS
I am.

SMASHER DYNAMO
I had hoped that my Super-League Champion could represent me in this battle, which now seems inevitable, but the Bobbleheads are no more.

FOREVERBWFC
Pardon, my lord, but was it not your Macho Men that slew the Bobbleheads?

SMASHER DYNAMO
I could not refuse their challenge, as the champions, they had the right, and once the challenge was invoked, only one team could survive.

ICEMOLE
With valiant strikes the two teams fought with grace
And in the case of the Bobbles with Grace
But the Macho Men with final power
Drove the Bobbleheads down into the grave

SMASHER DYNAMO
Indeed, valiant, but-

Enter MONICRO

MONICRO
Hey, I'm Monicro! I'm new here but-

BEET
Is that an unattended child?

HUMUNGUS
The child has the smell of Rockford upon it. I claim it by right. It will toil in my acid mines.

MONICRO
What, no, I'm a new team owner?

ICEMOLE
A boy of such miniature stature here
Own a team? The thought would fill me with mirth
But for the nightmare too soon to give birth

MONICRO
I am so a team owner! The Florida Dickshots! We're going places?

SMASHER DYNAMO
Yes, the Gauntlet. Regardless, I have seen your papers, and they appear genuine, and, unfortunate for you, this means that you have joined the Super-League at a dark hour. Once again, we are besieged by a force of darkness.
(aside)
Though the depths of the darkness, I dare not tell them. They must never know the true evil of the Bruzer, for it would shrivel their minds and rend their souls. The enemy is evil, but they must know it to be a natural evil, nothing greater.

MONICRO
What?

OLDSKOOL
Bruzer's back.

MONICRO
Bruzer?

ICEMOLE
The black hand of the far lesser borough
From Brooklyn he strikes, to hurt and defile
Defeated before, he rises a foe
And again, we would defeat him with guile

SMASHER DYNAMO
The Macho Men cannot fight this threat, for he has called for a mortal combat, and the Macho Men, by nature, stand above and beside mortality. Only a Super-League team can challenge him. And should that team fail, I am bound by terms of honor to give Bruzer the means with which to destroy the league.

OLDSKOOL
Why are we giving terms to that rear end in a top hat
gently caress him, gently caress him, gently caress him, gently caress him, gently caress him

SMASHER DYNAMO
Our league is only as good as my word. That broken, the league is nothing. The Bobbleheads are no more. Humungus, you were the finalist, the next mightiest team of the realm. Will you not stand for this league, and turn back the assault of Bruzer?

HUMUNGUS
The Humungus does not fight wars for others. The Humungus fights for what belongs to the Humungus. I will not fight the Bruzer for you, Smasher Dynamo.

SMASHER DYNAMO
No? Is there no boon I can offer you to convince you otherwise?

HUMUNGUS
There is not.

SMASHER DYNAMO
So be it. Beet, you were a division winner, will you not fight for the Super-League?

BEET
I know that the day will come when I will have built a team of such power that it shall sail from victory to victory and plunder wins by the dozen.

OLDSKOOL
Yeah, like that's going to happen in my life

BEET
You'll see, Beet. You and Humungus.

HUMUNGUS
The Humungus would see that you pay for that remark.

SMASHER DYNAMO
Is that a no?

BEET
For now. The Dervishes are not the team to rely on.

FOREVERBWFC
And the W's? Are we not division winners? Do we not merit a chance to stem the tide of madness?

SMASHER DYNAMO
Perhaps. Perhaps. But there is one other I would call on first. He has not come here, so I have sent a messenger to him, with hopes to convince him to take up our banner. If not, ForeverBWFC, most loyal of owners, the team of Yoshida and McDowell will be our warrior in this war.

Exeunt All

SCENE II. Marauder's Stately Manor

Enter MARAUDER

MARAUDER
Dark times, light times, grim times, bright times, the change
Means little to me, for I am a man
Who changes with the times, with five faces
Or more, e'en I forget how many looks
Reflect from the mirror back at my eyes
Viscount, Sarsaparilla, Beckett, Goodwin
These names are mine, though none suspects the truth
It suits my purposes that they think thus

Enter kw0134

MARAUDER
A visitor to my own home? How sweet!
And such a pleasure to see you my dear
The buxom and comely lass, of whose name

KW0134
Oh, god drat it! No, we're not doing this again, we're not doing this again?

MARAUDER
I am sorry if I offend thee so
But thy lovely face a most stark contrast
To these cold and lonely walls that surround
My heart, my mind, my secrets most unknown

KW0134
Shut up! Anyway, I'm here because Bruzer is back.

MARAUDER
The human condition admits no end
To the evil that springs forth from the heart
I wonder if we can be so foolish
To think we can excise that evil for good

KW0134
Can you speak normally? Anyway, for some reason, Bruzer has invoked mortal combat, meaning that the Macho Men, by dint of immortality, cannot fight them, I checked the rules, and there's no technicality to exploit. We need a living owner to take on this fight.

MARAUDER
And he would turn to me. I am honor'd.
The fate of our league in my hands to hold.
But I must say no. I will not fight now.
(aside)
The world sees me a villain. I agree
And villains do not save the world, not now.
But I shall thwart the coming of Bruzer
If in another guise, with a kind face.

KW0134
You know what happens if he wins, right? It's the end of everything. Fire! Explosions! Death! Double-Death! And I've heard rumors that it gets a lot worse once you get past that, especially since apparently he "knows" that I'm a woman somehow.

MARAUDER
I am sure that the hero shall save us.
From where? I cannot say his origin
But he shall come and bring a new bright dawn.

KW0134
Great. That's really great.

Exeunt KW0134

MARAUDER
The time comes, I think, for this hero now
To rise from my own heart and take my place

MARAUDER adopts the guide of Archie Goodwin

GOODWIN
Marauder's gone now. It's getting dark. And when it gets this dark, then you want a man who lives in a world of noir. Fortunately, I happen to be real good friends with a guy like that. Real good.

SCENE III. A forest on the outskirts of the Super-League

Enter BRUZER

BRUZER
MWAHAHAHAHA! Soon, I will took over the Super-League and then everyone will see! They were fools to condemn! I knew better! I always knew better. But Smasher wouldn't let me succeed. He used those stupid Macho Men to kill my teams. But they can't help him this time! He's not allowed to use them, he can only use a living team, or near-dead, I guess, to beat me. And none of them have a chance. It'll be different this time.

Enter MARAUDER in the guise of NOTTHATSAMBECKETT

BECKETT
Oh, good day sir, I didn't know that anyone would be coming through these woods at this time of day, although, the woods are pretty thick, so sometimes it's hard to see exactly what time it is, and I don't have watch, so I can't just check that, because otherwise, that would really make things a lot easier, wouldn't it, but I feel like watches are kind of pains to keep around so I don't usually wear them, which leads me into messes like this.

BRUZER
SILENCE! I am the great and powerful Bruzer, and I will not bear such insolence! What is your name?

BECKETT
Oh, I am NotThatSamBeckett, late of the Postmodernists, or is it that I have yet to make them, tenses are not a specialty of mine, and my teams rise and fall with regularity, and that's okay, because my friends in the Syndicate, now there's a term that I should not let slip, should I, because that could give away the whole game, but, then again, if there ever were a person unable to use that information, I guess it would be you.

BRUZER
One of Smasher Dynamo's cronies? Here to spy on me? I should crush you like a bug!

BECKETT
Oh, I hope not, because I am terribly afraid of bugs, and doubly so of becoming like a bug, as I am a postmodernist, as as my name says, and I am bound to it, and so the fate of Gregor Samsa distresses greatly me, as the resulting alienation and detachment from humanity would certainly destroy me as it did him.

BRUZER
Shut up! I'm going to destroy the entire Super-League, I don't have time for this bullshit!

BECKETT
Yeah, I heard about that, but I here that Smasher Dynamo has found a challenger willing to take you on, and that the challenger is steeped in magic and power and, on the cusp of your victory, will certainly destroy you, at least, so I am told.

BRUZER
Bah! Impossible! Nothing can stop me now! The Macho Men can no longer challenge, and who else can? Smasher could never make the Losers or Bangers challenge me, let alone defeat me, and if mrnoun tries to interfere, I will take extra pleasure in destroying him.

BECKETT
I've heard different, my good sir, but then again, it's just talk and that is cheap, though given your record, I'd half-wager that a strong uttered word or two might yet bring down your entire roster.
(aside)
He is confident, no doubt, too much so
But the bravado hides his inner fear
I'll draw it out into the cold day's light
(to Bruzer)
Yeah, Smasher's got a plan to deal with you, because as clever as you thought you were be invoking mortal combat, he's always got another plan, wheels within wheels and all of that, and as I recall, he's usually gotten the better of you in contests to see who the smarter man is.

BRUZER
Quiet! I am the Bruzer and you will not disrespect me! Now, out of my way, or I shall summon a super-train to see you dead.

BECKETT
A super-train, here, in these woods, the very thought alone feels me with dread, because those super-trains can barrel down on you real fast, they say one of those can get you from Brooklyn to Hell's Gate in a New York Minute, Bruzer.

BRUZER
Hell Gate, there's not possessive.

BECKETT
Of course, of course, of course, my error, well, I'll just be on my way.

Exeunt BECKETT

BRUZER
That was weird. But it won't stop me from my mission. Smasher Dynamo will pay for what he has done to my teams!

Exeunt BRUZER

ACT II

SCENE I. In a hut.

FOREVERBWFC
It seems clear that Marauder will not be the man to save the day.

BEET
Guess not.

FOREVERBWFC
Before I commit mine own W's to the fight for our league, though, there is a man that I must consult, a man, who it is told, can see things that have yet to be.

BEET
Guh?

FOREVERBWFC
He can present visions of times of which we may yet perceive, should we persist in life.

BEET
Muh?

FOREVERBWFC
He can see the future.

BEET
Buh.

FOREVERBWFC
Quite right. But I must warn you, I have heard most unsavory rumours of the man. They say that, and I must ask you to keep your humours in balance as you here these words, for they no doubt shall cause your bile to sure and your blood retreat into your hackles.

BEET
What's this guy's deal?

FOREVERBWFC
I hesistate to poison your mind with this knowledge, but I must. I hear this man is of Welsh desecent.

BEET
I see.

FOREVERBWFC
I can feel your apprehension, the thought that I would seek the counsel of such a man from such a land. But in these desperate times, even reasonable men must act desperately.

Enter REVENANT THRESHOLD

REVENANT THRESHOLD
Hey, guys, what's happening?

FOREVERBWFC
Spare me your Welsh tiding, fiend! Your sorcerous powers are an act of supernatural aggression against all that is good, and I only seek your use of them because of the dire threat of Bruzer.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
I'm not Welsh. Not at all.

FOREVERBWFC
In my experience, most Welshman say as much.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
But I'm really not Welsh!

FOREVERBWFC
Or so you would have me believe.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
Yes, well, let us move on, you wished a vision of the future, did you? So be it, I shall peel back the curtains of time and see now ten seasons in the future of the Super-League.

FOREVERBWFC
Ten seasons? And the Super-League yet stands? Then surely Bruzer's challenge may have been turned back.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
Perhaps. The future is a tricky thing, what can be may never be. This may be a future that is yet destroyed, or a darker future still. It is impossible to say, I can only show what I see, and I see but with one eye, such is my lot.

BEET
Okay, well, fine, let's see it.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
The child you know as Monicro stands tall
As tall as he can be with two titles
The American man did here to fall
Three times did lose he his hopes and vitals

The boy is still small his hair not quite blue
With these belts he is shock'd, a winner is he
But in standings whole, third place is his due
A way to the playoffs he can scarce see

cbx grows red with rage for this kid
Blue and white fade by, crimson in his eyes
Anger fills his mind, for what the boy did
No salve can soothe him, bile from deep rises

The boy may yet die, torn by this fury
Enemy so close behind, he must hurry

BEET
Do these prophecies have to be in sonnet form? That seems unnecessarily complicated.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
I cannot control what form the visions take. It is outside my power. I see another though

From trackless wastes ride three of one party
A triad in name, in practice, in truth
Two brothers do fight, in angst, not smartly
Though one uses weapons, stly'd most uncouth

A Monsoon! And a Baker, forces deadly
To kill his own friend and take what he must
They strike at each other, hits come read'ly
But as it is writ, the Dinos go bust

The Baker sneers coldly, the Monsoon howls
"Die Alone", they say, and say it with pride
Dig the grave so deep, into the Earth's bow'ls
"Die Alone," again, the Baker hath cried!

Down and down the Dinos fall on the loss
Lest their fate change they will be petty dross

FOREVERBWFC
Yes, these are interesting things you are telling us, but I was hoping for something a little more on point.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
The Ombudsman does cry, enough with verse!
The Crows he does trample with joy and verve
But the meter frustrates him, draws his curse
The style does not please, tenses his nerve

He demands an hearing, justice for he
Smasher must pay for his writing mistakes
To write in this way, no man should be free
On this whole production, to hit the brakes

But what of the Crows, and their dear leader
As for the other, the one HulkaMatt
A happy fellow, loves Reigns and Jeter
For that he will hurt, one must belee dat

With gold on his waist, he cannot lose all
As always a twist has halted his fall

BEET
Reigns? What the hell is a 'Reigns'? It's the summer of 2012, no one has ever heard of a Reigns. And if they did, what could it be that would make Smasher seem to want to destroy an owner's team just for liking it.

FOREVERBWFC
If this HulkaMatt is the same fellow who runs the wrestling forum, one must assume this unknown Reigns is some manner of grappler himself. But I can hardly see how in this day and age of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, such an infuriating man could rise to prominence.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
The Rakers do rake, the Southpaws are hurt
The attack in their waves, right as they are
The Southpaws can't counter, the hand invert
The team of darkness chases their grim star

From Porthcawl they call, they march on Carlton
The greatest shall fall, the Southpaws not set
The hitters will hit, the pitchers do run
Rakers must rake, and they get their upset

No gold changes hands, that's too much an ask
It's enough just to win, out there no less
A triumph holds onto first in that bask
Though more wins does he want and does profess

The Rakers shall rake, and the world will learn
For soon the time comes, and Bolton will burn

FOREVERBWFC
That last one was a bit ominous.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
I suppose it was.

FOREVERBWFC
"Bolton will burn". Not exactly a good omen for the W's to challenge Bruzer, is it? Even if you say it takes place ten seasons from now.

REVENANT THRESHOLD
I have the visions, it is not within my power to make sense of them.

BEET
Well, this was a bust.

FOREVERBWFC
Nay, nay, if for nothing else, I have heard of a new rival that may wish to see Bolton burn. I must learn more about these Rakers, lest they rake me along with these so-called "southpaws". Though I do take your point about how these visions gave us little insight as to the current crisis. No matter, brave Beet, we have some answers, and perhaps that will be enough!

Exeunt All

SCENE II. Smasher's Fortress

Enter SMASHER DYNAMO

SMASHER DYNAMO
Man, some day I am just going to have to give up this Super-League. It's too much stress! It's been seven seasons that I have done the Super-League, I don't think myself capable of doing seven more.

Enter MARAUDER in the guise of VISCOUNT SLIM

VISCOUNT SLIM
Good morrow, Smasher Dynamo! How fares the league?

SMASHER DYNAMO
Ah, the Viscount Slim, who guides the Imperialists to so many triumphs. Tell me, have you come to release me from my woes, to take up the Super-League's ensign and drench it in the blood of my enemies?

VISCOUNT SLIM
I do not believe I am the man to take on the Bruzer.
(Aside)
I am, of course, most exactly that man
Who will save the Super-League from chaos
No man loves the league such as I now do
Such love that it fills me five times over
(To SMASHER DYNAMO)
No, no, not I, not I, though a division winner I may be, this is a critical challenge, and the Imperialists are hardly critical challengers. What says ForeverBWFC?

SMASHER DYNAMO
He goes to see a seer, though I myself predict the visions shall leave him wanting, though I am not one to say sooth.

VISCOUNT SLIM
Hah! Quite the jest. But who then will challenge the Bruzer? Cannot Marauder be dissuaded from his course of action.

SMASHER DYNAMO
He cannot. Or will not. It matters not. A man of wealth such as he possesses cannot be bought cheaply, if at all, and I have no great trinkets with which to reward him.

VISCOUNT SLIM
How unfortunate, it truly is, but I believe that things will work themselves out soon enough. And now I must be off.

SMASHER DYNAMO
Fare thee well, Viscount.

VISCOUNT SLIM
And you, Smasher Dynamo

Exeunt VISCOUNT SLIM

SMASHER DYNANO
I am beset by coward. Bah, that I could call forth the Macho Men and end this threat in a moment. But that is the one thing that I cannot do now. The terms of mortal combat prevent it. Would that I could finish him, and make him a fatality.

Enter MARAUDER in the guise of ARCHIE GOODWIN

ARCHIE GOODWIN
Some fancy castle, you got here, Mac.

SMASHER DYNAMO
If you ever refer to me as "Mac" again, I'll see your tongue cut out! Why do you trouble me, Archie Goodwin, your team is dead, the Gauntlet hath slain it. Trouble me not until the next Expansion Cup.

ARCHIE GOODWIN
Well, now, my team is mostly dead. That makes it a little alive. I've heard that a guy like you, you can bring it back from the dead.

SMASHER DYNAMO
Mayhap I could, why would I?

ARCHIE GOODWIN
I hear you need a guy to 86 Bruzer. And I just happen to be a guy who's looking for a fight.

SMASHER DYNAMO
You would have me pick your team, already extirpated from my league due to its own weakness, to act as my champion in this, a most grave matter? I appreciate your confidence in yourself, but you will forgive me if I do not share it.

ARCHIE GOODWIN
The way I see it, you don't have many better options.

SMASHER DYNAMO
I will take it under advisement.

ARCHIE GOODWIN
I'd take more than that.

SMASHER DYNAMO
I will take it under advisement.

ARCHIE GOODWIN
It's your funeral.

Exeunt Omnes

-TO BE CONTINUED (MAYBE)-

Team Statistics

Analysis

Bill Campbell should be sent to Siberia.

Analysis

The cruel reality of regressing to the mean.

Analysis

Still well clear of the Nine in terms of keeping second place, the wildcard situation is a bit dicier.

Analysis

Lucky for you the Losers are going away after this seasin. Still, this is a team that should be doing better, but isn't good enough to overcome bad luck.

Analysis

It's still not impossible that the Knights win their division.

Analysis

Still the champs!

Analysis

The Dinos long, long chase of third place continues.

Analysis

Not trending in a great direction.

Analysis

All dingers, all the time.

Analysis

Oh, no, Crows!

Analysis

There's nothing outrageously bad with this team, but there's nothing all that good, either.

Analysis

Progress!

Analysis

Only 113 days until Cy Young is back! (Note: The season will not last that long.)

Analysis

This team just doesn't lose all that much.

Analysis

Hugh.

Analysis

The Bombers are having a fine season, just in the shadow of the Southpaws.

Analysis

Pitching is for nerds anyway.

Analysis

This team could win its league. If it can survive the Kernels.

Analysis

In strange aeons, even death can die. But apparently, even then, the Losers are going to smash Armitage's team good.

Analysis

A bit lackluster for reasons I don't understand.

Analysis

Beet will own this division forever.

Analysis

See, the Nine did something!

Analysis

Bad luck beats all.

Analysis

Sodak is never defeated!

Standings

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
:golfclap:

I hope for a continuation of this most epic tale.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So, wait, if I appreciate this boycott, because I very much enjoy court records and tragedies of the lyrical/prosaic variety (as opposed to the athletic tragedies we get to see in the Sub-Par League), would that lead to a cancellation of the boycott, because the point of it is to put out things unrelated to the current season as a form of protest and me liking it upsets that balance?

Like, seriously, the entire rest of the season could be events from Super-Leagues past in play form and I'd loving love it. Then again, I'm a special kind of weird nerd that shelled out for archives access just so I could read the original threads.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Not sure how Zito and Hudson have better (potential) ratings than Johnson and Schilling but w/e. Can Tejada play competent 2B defense? If so, I'll play him over Herr.

who or what are the Kobe Crows?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I bet ToiletOfSadness is roaming around the streets of Rockford as an amnesiac. I will find him!

1-5, 2-4, 1-5, yeah, I think the Losers deserve their spot, even with the disappearance of ToS. Go Mets.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 15, 2015

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

DOOP posted:

Not sure how Zito and Hudson have better (potential) ratings than Johnson and Schilling but w/e. Can Tejada play competent 2B defense? If so, I'll play him over Herr.

They are HulkaMatts current team resingning in the Super League for now and ever if HulkaMatt has any say in it (he doesn't)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Oh right, by the way, I'm still looking to trade with you, CVE, particularly regarding Roger Connor and Joe Kelley.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

poo poo I forgot about the pickem didn't I? damnit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DOOP posted:

I got up for work at something like 2 am today and it's been a long day and I somehow misread Zito as Zatoichi who probably wouldn't be a great baseball player but now I really wish that he was on your roster instead.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

gently caress YOU NINE YOU HAVE 1 GOOD WEEK AND IT RUINS MY PICKEM poo poo gently caress also move hands to Setup, bumping everyone else down a spot

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

The AI manager hasn't given poor sore Ernie Banks a single day off all season. Please sub in Robin Yount at SS in all lineups. Thank you Smasher!

TheMcD posted:

2001 Dickey has the knuckleball, it's the former.

Thanks! Someone with an early to mid 2000s Rangers feeder please roster (or trade me) a good aged RA Dickey. His Lahman code is DICKER!

Does anyone want to trade me a left handed hitter for 67 Hank Aaron? It needs to be one who can play a position other than 1B.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IM ON THE ROAD AND I DONT HAVE MY BANNER MCFREEZE PLEASE READ BEFORE SIM

DICKEY IS INJURED PLEASE REPLACE WITH FISK IN ALL LINEUPS FOR THE WEEK, PHELPS BACK ON THE BENCH

THAT IS ALL

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm a big fan of this update, which is weird because usually falling into last place is the last thing you want to have happen.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

oldskool posted:

I'm a big fan of this update, which is weird because usually falling into last place is the last thing you want to have happen.

We're gonna beat you there.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I haven't finished reading yet but I am fully in favor of the expansion of Canon in the Super-League.

DannoMack posted:

Does anyone want to trade me a left handed hitter for 67 Hank Aaron? It needs to be one who can play a position other than 1B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spwgm48W1PI

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Anyway, let's do work if I want to stay out of last place.

Goose Goslin back in LF in all lineups

Sam Thompson in RF against right handed pitchers this week.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That really was fantastic. Please write part 2.

I probably have like 1 week left in my recovery from deathitis (which was actually just a much-needed tonsillectomy and other than hurting a bit I feel great for the first time in months). Looks like there's nothing I can do to make a wildcard this season, though I'm likely to avoid demotion.

My pitching is surprisingly adequate, but I'm just not scoring any runs. I'll have to address that in the offseason, but if someone wants to trade for Ed Delahanty or Vic Willis NOW, lemme know. Seeking a good 1Bman. I doubt Willis will be anything great NEXT season, but he's doing just fine this year and there's something to be said for acquiring him in a playoff push.

In the meantime,

Mattingly to AAA
Medwick to big league roster
Medwick plays LF. The LF Heilmann moves to 1B.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

FairGame posted:

My pitching is surprisingly adequate, but I'm just not scoring any runs. I'll have to address that in the offseason, but if someone wants to trade for Ed Delahanty or Vic Willis NOW, lemme know. Seeking a good 1Bman. I doubt Willis will be anything great NEXT season, but he's doing just fine this year and there's something to be said for acquiring him in a playoff push.

Depending on your definition of good I do have Olerud or Musial if you're interested for Delahanty.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

A very large trade offer

To RCMP
1919 Babe Ruth
1902 Joe McGinnity

To The Russian Llamas:
1919 Ty Cobb
1902 Cy Young
2009 Mariano Rivera
1967 Hank Aaron

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

DannoMack posted:

A very large trade offer

To RCMP
1919 Babe Ruth
1902 Joe McGinnity

To The Russian Llamas:
1919 Ty Cobb
1902 Cy Young
2009 Mariano Rivera
1967 Hank Aaron

glorious Communism accepts trade offer

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par Week 18 Injury Report

Akabira Killer Mikes
Luke Appling (SS) (Lineup changes are forbidden!) - 13 days

Antigua Unspecifieds
Chris Carpenter (SP) (Shockingly un-severe) - 11 days

Mother Base Diamond Dogs
Willie Mays (CF) (Big black horn thing growing out of his head for some reason) - Out For Season

Oventje's Decroux!
Al Holland (RP) (Danced with the devil) - 18 days

Stoned Lightning
Larry Dierker (SP) (Royals'd) - 12 days

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

TheFlyingLlama posted:

glorious Communism accepts trade offer

Trade me Rivera!

Call up Joe Jackson, send down Barry Bonds.

Lineup vs. RHP:

code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
SS - Vaughan
RF - Ramirez
3B - Santo
LF - Jackson
1B - Foxx
C  - Torre
DH - McGraw
Lineup vs. LHP:

code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
SS - Vaughan
DH - Ramirez
3B - Santo
1B - Foxx
C  - Torre
LF - Jackson
RF - Davis

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Sorry Smasher, new lineups from the trade. Also I'm not quite finished the update but so far it's actually one of my favourites to date honestly. I wish I'd saved it for the train.

Please call up Bryn Smith.
Please call up Ken Oberkfell because Steambot told me so.

Rotation
Walter Johnson
Satchel Paige
Deacon Philippe
Juan Marichal
Cy Young

Bullpen:
CL Lee Smith
SU Billy Wagner (the one who is already there)
SR Mariano Rivera
SR Billy Wagner (the one who is already there)
MR Bryn Smith
LR Joe McGinnity

vs RHP
CF Tris Speaker L
3B Wade Boggs L
RF Babe Ruth L
1B Lou Gehrig L
SS Robin Yount R
LF Larry Walker L
C Ted Simmons S
2B Joe Morgan L

vs LHP
3B Wade Boggs L
LF Al Simmons R
RF Babe Ruth L
1B Lou Gehrig L
2B Riggs Stephenson R
C Ted Simmons S
SS Ernie Banks R
CF Robin Yount R

Edit: Nevermind I'll make a new post to be safe

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 15, 2015

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Warren Spahn to SP5, move Brown and Oswalt up one spot.

What is it with my pitchers all dying at the same time?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Just to be safe I'll make a new post instead of editing the last one. Please make Ruth LF vs RHP and Walker RF vs RHP, lineups the same. Sorry and thanks Smasher.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

DannoMack posted:

A very large trade offer

To RCMP
1919 Babe Ruth
1902 Joe McGinnity

To The Russian Llamas:
1919 Ty Cobb
1902 Cy Young
2009 Mariano Rivera
1967 Hank Aaron

I wish i had a babe ruth to trade away for that haul...

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CaptainYesterday posted:

Warren Spahn to SP5, move Brown and Oswalt up one spot.

What is it with my pitchers all dying at the same time?

That is the natural state of pitchers.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

sorry for what is going to be an overly complicated post, but

Send down Harry Hooper, and Bill Campbell,. Cy Young takes over as SP1, Rivera becomes the setup man.

New lineup should be

2B Rod Carew
1B Joe Kelley
DH Ted Williams
LF Hank Aaron
RF Ty Cobb
3B John McGraw
CF Mickey Mantle
C Wally Schang
SS Johhny Pesky

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

FairGame posted:

but if someone wants to trade for Ed Delahanty NOW, lemme know. Seeking a good 1Bman.

Would you take a 1992 Palmeiro and/or a 2001 Olerud for Delahanty?

Pash posted:

I wish i had a babe ruth to trade away for that haul...

It is big, but to put it in context: Cobb/Aaron were my RF platoon, so Ruth is an upgrade there for me. Cy Young was my LR, which is a stupendous waste of resources, and McGinnity is a good groundball pitcher in the SL so he's a reasonable replacement as far as LRs go. The biggest loss is Mariano Rivera, mostly because for a brief time I had a ludicrous and gaudy bullpen and that felt good.

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 15, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Bravo, Smasher

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh, Super League, you know I can never stay mad at you. Top notch stuff there, Smasher. Didn't know you were a fan of retsupurae.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

For someone who's "burnt out" this is a thing of beauty.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
That was brilliant stuff, especially the parts in verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

DOOP posted:

Can Tejada play competent 2B defense? If so, I'll play him over Herr.
When I ran Tejada at 2B with my last team, he had an eye-popping .995 fielding percentage...but that was misleading due to his range factor and dWAR: 3.97 and -1.2, respectively, so I'm not sure I would recommend putting him there. I guess he did have a net positive WAR for me (0.4), so I wouldn't say to disregard him entirely. I guess my point is that you can probably fake it by putting him there, if the rest of the team can compensate.