Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Anyone who suffered through this movie should be laughing their asses off at this.

https://youtu.be/b0Q-NCeLPSg?t=1m42s

Its loving perfect for WG support or any customer support really.

I just had an issue with my phone. I was trying to change a setting and i literally could not select "OK" because that part of the screen was dead while trying to change it.

Their response "Please turn your phone off and on again and it should work"

2 days later they update the phone software to fix this issue.......

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

frood posted:

As far as it in comparison to the 25AT it's kind of an apples and oranges thing, but I've never played the 25AT. I will say that I have literally never seen a 25AT do anything noteworthy in a game and I have never ever been afraid of one so maybe I need to see someone competent in one? I basically think of them as exp pinatas when I see them.

Honestly, I haven't played the t25/2 for a long time ( probably before gold ammo for credits).
As for the t25at, it is the hidden gem in the e3 line, and that is not a particularly popular line. Fast, decent alpha, good depression made it pretty fun and also the first tank that I pulled 60% win rate solo in.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When is it a good time to go premium? I'd assume youd need a baseline income for the bonus silver to be better than buying silver directly.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy putin, WG EU phoning it in so hard that it's actually funny

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Baron Porkface posted:

When is it a good time to go premium? I'd assume youd need a baseline income for the bonus silver to be better than buying silver directly.

You should literally never convert gold to credits until you're making enough tournament gold that the gold loses all value for you. Premium account + tier 8 premium will make you tons of credits, and premium account + tier 5 premiums will make you tons of credits AND be tons of fun and also pad your winrate and WN8.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What if i dont have toer v premiums?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Baron Porkface posted:

What if i dont have toer v premiums?

You buy the churchill 3 right now then think about getting some premium time.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

frood posted:

As far as it in comparison to the 25AT it's kind of an apples and oranges thing, but I've never played the 25AT. I will say that I have literally never seen a 25AT do anything noteworthy in a game and I have never ever been afraid of one so maybe I need to see someone competent in one? I basically think of them as exp pinatas when I see them.
Cardiac is correct calling the T25AT the "hidden gem" of the line. I barely see anyone play it, but it's a great TD.
Basically, it's the SU-122-44 that traded away a good chunk of DPM for several more subtle advantages: Great aim time, good gun depression, more penetration, higher shell velocity, higher top speed.
Alternatively, consider it a slightly faster and slightly better armored JagdPanther with 2 degrees better gun depression and 200 less DPM.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I liked the T25AT. I hate the JPanther. This drat 105 on the JPanther spews way too many shots around and the shell velocity makes me want to vomit. Hopefully the velocity changes in 0.10.0 will make it work better.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Also also, unless they changed it at some point, the T25/2 gun mantlet will eat a retarded amount of highpen rounds for some reason. I'm not saying it'll bounce everything, but it'll bounce a lot of poo poo it really shouldn't!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Valle posted:

Also also, unless they changed it at some point, the T25/2 gun mantlet will eat a retarded amount of highpen rounds for some reason. I'm not saying it'll bounce everything, but it'll bounce a lot of poo poo it really shouldn't!

Yeah I got murdered by a hull down T25/2 in my IS-3 a couple days ago because my first APCR shell penned his mantlet and the next three did not. Naturally I penned a T25/2 in the mantlet with my loving VK3002D on Tuesday because Wargaming's collision models are terribly done.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In the meantime on EU:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What does "juden" translate to in English?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

MariusLecter posted:

Jews.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thanks Nordick, you're so smart. :)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
but WG is Belorusian

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

MariusLecter posted:

Thanks Nordick, you're so smart. :)
It's one of my precious few merits :)

Another one is my knack for self-deprecating humor via facetiously pretending to be obtuse.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I actually enjoyed the T25/2 and still have it in my garage. The gun handling on it is fantastic and besides the turret rotation annoying me it's a solid T7, especially flanking and hull down. That being said I don't play it for fun as much as I do the T29.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The T25/2 is probably a hell of a lot better now compared to when I played it. That was before being able to buy gold ammo with credits, so Type 59s would murder the gently caress out of you while your 170 pen struggled against heavily armored tier 8s and 9s. It was also when the Hellcat was basically better than most tier 7s and many tier 8s due to the crazy good combination of mobility, camo, profile, gun depression and gun stats. Going from the super speedy Hellcat to the sluggish T25/2, where you lose out on a ton of stuff just for more HP and 10 more pen, it just felt like it wasn't an actual upgrade to get shunted up a tier.

Now that the Hellcat is merely good instead of bananas, and you can fire instant-pen rounds for a few more credits, the T25/2 probably is nice. Plus the T30 got buffed, and the E4 is basically #snapshotmeta incarnate. Shame the Proto still exists.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Challenger chat: I have never had a tank throw shells to the outside of the circle so frequently. This is especially lovely because the penetration is so bad that hitting exactly where you're aiming is basically a prerequisite for penetration and the high ROF makes it explicitly clear that the shot dispersion RNG is loving you constantly.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 15, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If you try circling arty in the Challenger, every loving shot will go off into the scenery. It's incapable of doing two things at the same time, and even when it just have to do one thing, it will gently caress it up. The tank is so poisonous, that if you ever get a great round in it, you will know it's was not the tank that did it, it was horrible players and the divine intervention of RNGesus that made it possible.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 15, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

If you try circling arty in the Challenger, every loving shot will go off into the scenery. It's incapable of doing two things at the same time, and even when it just have to do one thing, it will gently caress it up. The tank is so poisonous, that if you ever get a great round in it, you will know it's was not the tank that did it, it was horrible players and the divine intervention of RNGesus that made it possible.

Why are you letting RNG or terrible players take away from your glory that you clearly earned 100% with absolutely no luck involved?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Who is the local tank model nerd here, Rossum? I bought a tank model to build and of the like 200 parts half of them are for making the road wheels and I said gently caress that I am not spending hours putting together loving road wheels, how do you do this part without killing yourself.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Who is the local tank model nerd here, Rossum? I bought a tank model to build and of the like 200 parts half of them are for making the road wheels and I said gently caress that I am not spending hours putting together loving road wheels, how do you do this part without killing yourself.

Paging Ensign Expendable to the fake Tanks thread. No, not that one, the virtual Tanks thread. BadLlama has a fake Tank problem.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Paging Ensign Expendable to the fake Tanks thread. No, not that one, the virtual Tanks thread. BadLlama has a fake Tank problem.

Thank you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Thank you.

No problem. Hopefully EE isn't like Betelgeuse and we need to say his name three times, because that's quite the tongue twister.

e: maybe i should try to be helpful for once

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3148869&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 15, 2015

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

The T25/2 is probably a hell of a lot better now compared to when I played it. That was before being able to buy gold ammo with credits, so Type 59s would murder the gently caress out of you while your 170 pen struggled against heavily armored tier 8s and 9s. It was also when the Hellcat was basically better than most tier 7s and many tier 8s due to the crazy good combination of mobility, camo, profile, gun depression and gun stats. Going from the super speedy Hellcat to the sluggish T25/2, where you lose out on a ton of stuff just for more HP and 10 more pen, it just felt like it wasn't an actual upgrade to get shunted up a tier.

Now that the Hellcat is merely good instead of bananas, and you can fire instant-pen rounds for a few more credits, the T25/2 probably is nice. Plus the T30 got buffed, and the E4 is basically #snapshotmeta incarnate. Shame the Proto still exists.

I've been having fun with my Proto. :saddowns:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

I've been having fun with my Proto. :saddowns:

I've got the pitchforks, who has the torches?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

in this case i think that the crime is punishment enough

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

in this case i think that the crime is punishment enough

Agreed. Defendant is released on their own recognizance. God have mercy on your soul, Mr. or Ms. Wolfolme

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Play tanks with me

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Wulfolme posted:

Play tanks with me

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Added to main WoT channel on teamspeak.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I have Ace Tanker in every non-premium tank below tier 6 except the new Japanese heavy line. I don't think my liver can take much more of this.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

McGavin posted:

I have Ace Tanker in every non-premium tank below tier 6 except the new Japanese heavy line. I don't think my liver can take much more of this.

You need to face the right flavour of idiot. I got mastery in the Type 95 because 6 different pubbies bounced off my tracks for the entire game.

At least they don't have dpm problems.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Super 3 posted:

I'm sitting at the Firefly currently, surely the Challenger can't be any worse than the ST. Emil?

I'm also going down the other UK TD line and I'm currently at the AT 8 and it's pretty great so far.

Here is the thing, the St. Emil is not a good tank. I'm not saying its bad or the worst tank in the game, but its not good. Its only redeeming feature is a 128mm gun at tier 7 that will simply poo poo on anything but tier 9s. Provided you don't run out of ammo.

But, the Emil is amazing compared to the Challenger. A Challenger on a team is a spot that could have been taken by someone dragging a low tier tank into your game. It is a spot where a AFK person sitting in spawn could spot an enemy heading towards spgs. No one cares about a Challenger shooting at them. Enough tanks at tier 7 have the health and armor to ignore it shooting at them. The tanks it can damage can out pace its glacial turret speed. The 17pdr is simply not effective at that tier unless its either mounted to a armored brick (AT7, BP) or a tier lower on a semi-mobile medium tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hey the AT 7 gets a proper gun.

By british standards anyway.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

You need to face the right flavour of idiot. I got mastery in the Type 95 because 6 different pubbies bounced off my tracks for the entire game.

At least they don't have dpm problems.

I don't have Ace Tanker in the Japanese heavies because I'm waiting until they go on sale before I buy them. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I don't have Ace Tanker in the Japanese heavies because I'm waiting until they go on sale before I buy them. :smithicide:

You ain't getting an Ace in the tier 5, 6, or 7 for a while anyway, so you might as well wait. The requirements are ludicrous for the actual good tanks in that line.