Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Psychotic Weasel posted:

None of those options imply inappropriate sex in public or raping wildlife and/or other crimes against nature.

If it were Someguy, there'd be a lot of cussing instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man Whore posted:

Who really got goonsayed here :smug:

You'll slip one of these days, and I'll be there to capitalize on it. :argh:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What's up with these recommended PC specs? I like to think i have a unnecessary good computer, but even still my CPU cut's it a bit close to the recommended specs. Normal people that don't sit on their rear end masturbating all over their computer all day like me are gonna be hosed.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Since this Piper wants the REAL DEAL of whats happening in the wasteland I'm gonna guess she's Moira Brown 2.0 and sends you all over Boston (but this time with romance!)

frajaq fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 15, 2015

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

frajaq posted:

(but this time with romance!)

Is this just conjecture from the awkward body language or did they confirm they're taking the Bioware influence 'round the whole bend and trying to write way beyond their boundaries to make an embarrassment of themselves?

If so, I can't wait for Bethesda to forget that gay/bi people exist like they did in FO3, and somehow miss every other lesson NV should have taught them about dealing with this stuff in Fallout.

I know same-sex relationships were in Skyrim but it was only in the case of the player and it'd be laughable to call them actual relationships even by the worst of Bioware's standards

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Psychotic Weasel posted:

On a real note, I wish they'd stop being such cock teases and just release the drat game already :arghfist: I suspect as we draw closer they're going to be releasing more and more stuff for people to look at, they need to contend with a few other major releases around the same time and they'll want to get the hype back up to where it was around E3.
There is only one other major release this November that is drawing the same attention, and EA almost shot themselves in the foot with it during the beta last week. Bethesda is doing a fine job, keeping the demand simmering but not boiling over. Expect them to turn up the heat in the last two weeks before the release, just like they did with the E3 event.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Canon John Fallout confirmed to have lady killer perk and "Rosie" tattoo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Moartoast posted:

Is this just conjecture from the awkward body language or did they confirm they're taking the Bioware influence 'round the whole bend and trying to write way beyond their boundaries to make an embarrassment of themselves?

If so, I can't wait for Bethesda to forget that gay/bi people exist like they did in FO3, and somehow miss every other lesson NV should have taught them about dealing with this stuff in Fallout.

I know same-sex relationships were in Skyrim but it was only in the case of the player and it'd be laughable to call them actual relationships even by the worst of Bioware's standards

They confirmed romance with the human companions and they'll be player-sexual

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

frajaq posted:

Since this Piper wants the REAL DEAL of whats happening in the wasteland I'm gonna guess she's Moira Brown 2.0 and sends you all over Boston (but this time with romance!)

She looks like she's wearing a really bad wig.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Dongattack posted:

What's up with these recommended PC specs? I like to think i have a unnecessary good computer, but even still my CPU cut's it a bit close to the recommended specs. Normal people that don't sit on their rear end masturbating all over their computer all day like me are gonna be hosed.

Recommended specs seem to have become suuuuuuper inflated since next-gen consoles launched, cynically this could be seen as a weird form of bragging, but I think it's just because they don't bother to test on an absurd amount of systems and just round up to give leeway so dumb people that leave poo poo on in the background don't bitch about choppiness because their 8 GB RAM & i3 CPU can't handle the game alongside a billion Chrome tabs.

The consoles versions are running on heavily underclocked APUs that barely meet the affordable mid-tier benchmark for PCs, the only thing we have to worry about is how shoddy and bloated the engine will be this time around.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Thought that was gameplay at first. Got excited. I am dumb.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

closeted republican posted:

She looks like she's wearing a really bad wig.

At first glance I thought that was like, a hood from underneath her jacket or something.

I mean... It looks... better than it did in the other games? Kinda?

frajaq posted:

They confirmed romance with the human companions and they'll be player-sexual

Well, it's something, I guess. The writing will no doubt still be cringeworthy and I noticed a distinct lack of Confirmed Bachelor alongside the Lady Killer perk in that character system video, but oh well, only so much you can ask for.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

frajaq posted:

Where's this from? Trailer or screenshots I missed?

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Where's this from? Trailer or screenshots I missed?

Previous page

Psychotic Weasel posted:

And since everyone here seems desperate for more info on Fallout 4, here's the only new gameplay footage we've seen of FO4 since E3 (in a Fallout Shelter update):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizzTSyvoLQ

Skip to about 0:24 and there's some footage of Piper. Her mouth is kinda weird though, I hope it's not that noticeable in the game itself as we also saw the same with the Vault-Tec salesman; they way they move their lips is not how you'd pronounce a P, B or O.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
[Intelligence] So you fight the good fight with your words in the Current Occurences Newspaper

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Moartoast posted:

Recommended specs seem to have become suuuuuuper inflated since next-gen consoles launched, cynically this could be seen as a weird form of bragging, but I think it's just because they don't bother to test on an absurd amount of systems and just round up to give leeway so dumb people that leave poo poo on in the background don't bitch about choppiness because their 8 GB RAM & i3 CPU can't handle the game alongside a billion Chrome tabs.

The consoles versions are running on heavily underclocked APUs that barely meet the affordable mid-tier benchmark for PCs, the only thing we have to worry about is how shoddy and bloated the engine will be this time around.

That makes sense.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Doodles posted:

There is only one other major release this November that is drawing the same attention, and EA almost shot themselves in the foot with it during the beta last week. Bethesda is doing a fine job, keeping the demand simmering but not boiling over. Expect them to turn up the heat in the last two weeks before the release, just like they did with the E3 event.

IIRC in addition to Battlefront the next CoD and Halo games are also coming out within 2 weeks of Fallout 4, there could also be others but there's only 1 other game confirmed coming out in 2015 that I'm interested so I'm not paying too close attention to the market. I suspect Bethesda doesn't want to fall behind the other AAA holiday releases and will ratchet up the pressure to keep the Fallout name in the forefront.

Moartoast posted:

Well, it's something, I guess. The writing will no doubt still be cringeworthy and I noticed a distinct lack of Confirmed Bachelor alongside the Lady Killer perk in that character system video, but oh well, only so much you can ask for.
The going theory is that your character will be able to hit on anything with two legs without needing to grab a perk turning them into a newly minted queerbie. People seem way too invested in their fake computer character relationships that validate their existence.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
It would be funny, however, if all the sexy-time dialog was locked behind the Charisma 2 lady killer perk, and Charisma 1 characters are inherently asexual.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

And since everyone here seems desperate for more info on Fallout 4, here's the only new gameplay footage we've seen of FO4 since E3 (in a Fallout Shelter update):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizzTSyvoLQ

Skip to about 0:24 and there's some footage of Piper. Her mouth is kinda weird though, I hope it's not that noticeable in the game itself as we also saw the same with the Vault-Tec salesman; they way they move their lips is not how you'd pronounce a P, B or O.

the mysterious stranger is so annoying. you get the sound effect and then you play a quick draw wheres wally (waldo whatever) for a splash of caps. i wouldnt mind it as much but he seems to pop up every 2 minutes and you JUST GOTTA STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND FIND WALLY (waldo, gently caress you)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AlternateAccount posted:

Thought that was gameplay at first. Got excited. I am dumb.

Literally nothing released as part of an advertising campaign before release day for any game is ever really gameplay footage or representative of final gameplay. Especially on a high profile AAA game. Even if they art it up to look like gameplay, it isn't. 99% of the time it is 'pre-rendered in engine footage.'

I know that's not 100% true but just go into anything thinking that and you won't be disappointed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope this isn't like Orange Colored Sky and we actually get Dion on the radio.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Psychotic Weasel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nznaDYN9czs
Best part of the movie - rest of it, eh, missing the charm of the earlier ones...

Still wish you could survive the bomb frozen in your refrigerator for 200 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8UmVUXpfEE&t=279s

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

ymgve posted:

[Intelligence] So you fight the good fight with your words in the Current Occurences Newspaper

Ugh, stop triggering me, I try so hard to forget the dialogue in Fo3.

Which had the same head writer as Fo4 :sigh:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Generation Internet posted:

Just expect more poo poo and you won't be disappointed. If it is better than poo poo you'll be pleasantly surprised, in fact.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I know what I should be expecting, given this guy's track record, it's still gonna be disappointing though because New Vegas exists as a point of comparison.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Just expect more poo poo and you won't be disappointed. If it is better than poo poo you'll be pleasantly surprised, in fact.

Actually, this is one place where having a voiced protagonist might help. If an actual human being has to speak the lines aloud, there's a chance on awful ones like that they might just look at the voice director and go, "this is loving awful, can we do something about it?"

Granted if there's enough they'd just eventually give up on constantly doing rewrites but it is still something. Best advice is probably still to prepare yourself for garbage.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

After hearing/watching interviews with the protags VAs I'm hopeful for it

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm still disappointed that they didn't go the JC Denton route with VA work to avoid the issue of unintentional emotional responses. It would've made the part where the Chinese started dropping bombs even better as everyone ran for their lives.

7c Nickel posted:

[Bethesda Studio Tour]
Huh, I remember the Airstreams from their FO3 promotions but I don't remember the mannequins. I never did watch the video for more than a few seconds when it came out as it always struck me as some garbage akin to MTV's Cribs but if the dev team did draw any inspiration from them then good stuff.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I am still confused as to how they hosed up skill check dialogue so bad in Fallout 3. I posted this already but look at it:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

want dat armor

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

I am still confused as to how they hosed up skill check dialogue so bad in Fallout 3. I posted this already but look at it:

The heart of a grocery store is obviously stocking, which requires a quick hand.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Solid Poopsnake posted:

The heart of a grocery store is obviously stocking, which requires a quick hand.

If they didn't tack on those last two words, it would've been fine. I dunno what the hell happened.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SunAndSpring posted:

I really hope they got better at quests because fallout 3's quests were pretty lovely. New Vegas had amazing quests.

Hello son, you have found me. Yes I hid us in a vault to protect you because your were my child. Now go into the base full of super mutants and kill them all solo, good bye.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

After hearing/watching interviews with the protags VAs I'm hopeful for it

Seriously that guy is so loving enthusiastic, Its downright infectious.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I know what I should be expecting, given this guy's track record, it's still gonna be disappointing though because New Vegas exists as a point of comparison.

this is whats keeping from going through fo1 and 2 right now, knowing it will just make whatever poo poo awaits in fo4 that much shitter. i really hope i'm wrong though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe Fallout 4 will be a charming and fun game with sights to see and dogs to pet

Maybe

Maybe not

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Funky Valentine posted:

Maybe Fallout 4 will be a charming and fun game with sights to see and dogs to pet

Maybe

Maybe not

wait dog petting isn't confirmed? Or is that being held for DLC

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

crime fighting hog posted:

wait dog petting isn't confirmed? Or is that being held for DLC

Don't worry once the mods come out, you will be able to do "alot more" with the dog. There used to be an entire thread here about the skyrim mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Tits on a mudcrab, wasn't it?

• Locked thread