Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless X-O has a problem with it you can always post your stuff here and just use SA Mart to organize payment if you get any bites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Completed my first BAF in a while. Rhino is pretty badass, especially with the insane face. More BAFs need alt heads.

Now I'm on the lookout for Dr. Strange.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Has there been any news of a restock for the Black Series figures? Aside from the ones I managed to get on Force Friday, I've only seen a single Finn and Chewbacca out in the wild. I just want the First Order Trooper, drat it. :argh:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TRU has been getting occasional restock along with their Snowtrooper, saw them the other day.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I picked up a Trooper at TRU about a week ago.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

I've seen the troopers at Walgreens.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was at Disneyland yesterday and the only black series figures they have is Finn. Just piles and piles of Finn's

Should've gave him a lightsaber.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The only black figure I've seen is Finn and his eye paint looks like he's in the middle of a Scanners episode and his head's ready to explode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When they were next to each other on pegs, I noticed that all the Finns had slightly different skin tones; some lighter, some darker. It was interesting to note there wasn't one uniform tone across all the figures.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

therealjon_ posted:

TRU has been getting occasional restock along with their Snowtrooper, saw them the other day.

Joe Fisto posted:

I picked up a Trooper at TRU about a week ago.

Luchacabra posted:

I've seen the troopers at Walgreens.

drat, I'll have to start checking TRU more often. I've been checking the local Targets and Walgreens, but no luck. Target is a wasteland and the Walgreens locations near me are just Obi-Wan as far as the eye can see.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Visited my family a few days ago and hit their TRU and scooped a couple of Snowtroopers for my pals. They had like five of them on the pegs. The only good thing about small redneck towns is that you can almost always find great treasure at their toy stores.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Has this been discussed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Has this been discussed?

Oh. My. God.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The only Star Wars Black figures I've seen out in the wild for the new movie are a ton of Finns and Chewies, except for one, count 'em, one, Rey that I got. I got Finn and already had a Chewie before. I'd imagine that either people are scalping the hell out of Kylo Ren and the troopers or maybe Star Wars fans secretly hate black people.

boom boom boom posted:

Has this been discussed?

gently caress I need that. I also have Smooth Criminal MJ.

For whatever reason SH Figuarts seems to know what my favorite musicians are and makes figures of them, that's weird

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 14, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

For whatever reason SH Figuarts seems to know what my favorite musicians are and makes figures of them, that's weird

I'm mad that they're reading your mind and not mine. Where, the Figuarts Paul Simon, Bandai?!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I'm mad that they're reading your mind and not mine. Where, the Figuarts Paul Simon, Bandai?!

I would do unspeakable things for a Tom Waits action figure that nice.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Agrias120 posted:

Has there been any news of a restock for the Black Series figures? Aside from the ones I managed to get on Force Friday, I've only seen a single Finn and Chewbacca out in the wild. I just want the First Order Trooper, drat it. :argh:

Wal Marts and Targets around me have restocked a few times. Nothing hangs around for long, but at least once a week I stumble across a variety of non-Finn/Chewy stuff.

funtax fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 17, 2015

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

My Finn looks like Tracy Morgan. Like almost 100%. The rest of the waves I was only able to get via Amazon from people tipping me off at Facebook.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Agrias120 posted:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brand/brands-topsellers/star-wars-htsus-brands-topsellers-starwars--1/-b3837as00

There is Kylo on the hasbro toy shop store for $20. I have also been seeing the first wave popping back up everywhere across the Dallas area. I am actually seeing alot more restocks of the black series wave over the 3.75 inch size.

Series 2 is starting to trickle in as well, but they are being bought up like the first wave was. I figure I will be able to find a Phasma sometime over the next 2 months without paying over retail.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Made a chain whip for my ghost rider! Fun little project and makes the figure so much cooler.

Few more pictures here.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I wouldn't be worried about finding the Star Wars figures. They will be out in huge numbers when the films hit. I saw the entire first wave on day one but didn't buy them all and haven't seen the 3.75 since except for the TIE pilot, Chewie, and the flametrooper.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I wouldn't be worried about finding the Star Wars figures. They will be out in huge numbers when the films hit. I saw the entire first wave on day one but didn't buy them all and haven't seen the 3.75 since except for the TIE pilot, Chewie, and the flametrooper.

Yeah. eBay prices are already getting below the 2x MSRP range, which probably means scalpers will lay off on the 3.75s soon. A local Wal-Mart had restocked all of them when I stopped in today. Grabbed a Phasma, which is a very looking figure indeed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Walmart near here never ran out, I think.

I don't know what's in the wave, but they always had the Sith guy, the girl, the black guy and Chewie.

I haven't been following the movies, I don't know their names.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Per your list, Kylo Ren, Ray, Kylo Ren again, and Chewery.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Per your list, Kylo Ren, Ray, Kylo Ren again, and Chewery.

Lol

I am hoping Phasma and the movie are great because I can totally imagine a really nicely done chromish paint job in the future. The current figure isn't too sharp but I think there is great potential.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm still hoping the movie is terrible because everyone is buying these toys on the assumption they are going to like to movie and it would be hilarious if everyone was going batshit trying to buy characters that turn out to be sub-Jar-Jar.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Lol

I am hoping Phasma and the movie are great because I can totally imagine a really nicely done chromish paint job in the future. The current figure isn't too sharp but I think there is great potential.

It doesn't matter if the movies are any good, they'll be making toys of these characters for at least 20 years regardless. They're still making Young Obi-Wan and Darth Maul figures and everybody loving hates the prequels now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm still hoping the movie is terrible because everyone is buying these toys on the assumption they are going to like to movie and it would be hilarious if everyone was going batshit trying to buy characters that turn out to be sub-Jar-Jar.

Well, apparently everything released is only from the first 1/4 of the movie anyway. So there's a chance some of these characters don't make it to the halfway point.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Well, apparently everything released is only from the first 1/4 of the movie anyway. So there's a chance some of these characters don't make it to the halfway point.

I hope it's just like From Dusk Till Dawn. the girl and the guy are running from the silver stormtrooper and the new Darth, so they hide out in a bar in the middle of nowhere in Tatooine, and then they have to fight vampires.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Actually all this Star Wars talk has given me a hankering to finally own a decent Alec Guinness figure. Preferably at 4" scale? Any recommendations? This is really hard to Google now that there are zillions of types of prequel Obi-Wan figures.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Actually all this Star Wars talk has given me a hankering to finally own a decent Alec Guinness figure. Preferably at 4" scale? Any recommendations? This is really hard to Google now that there are zillions of types of prequel Obi-Wan figures.

http://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=name&typeName=Kenobi

I'm partial to the 2000 Jedi Knight/2004 ANH, or the 2009/2011 Vintage/Hero-Set but with the horrible soft goods removed.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 18, 2015

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ShimSham posted:

http://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=name&typeName=Kenobi

I'm partial to the 2000 Jedi Knight/2004 ANH, or the 2009/2011 Vintage/Hero-Set but with the horrible soft goods removed.

Oh wow I don't envy the guy(s) that run that site, what a chore. Thanks for the advice.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The PotF mail-away translucent spirit figure doesn't do it for you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The trifecta is complete.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Yes, I do in fact like Batman, thank you for asking.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Look everyone, I'm not trying to be juvenile here, but come on, doesn't that look like Bat Camel Toe in the above pic?

e: I see they are trying to one-up the Clooney nipple suit! :v:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
those are balls

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

those are balls

Would you have preferred moose knuckles?

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Been trying to identify an old toyline with no success. Here's the only image I have on hand, and old home movie screencap:

Pretty sure that's Trapjaw's belt, but this guy used to have a little plastic dome over his exposed brain I think. Kind of a cheap yellow plastic skirt, as well. The only other toy I had from the same line was a super generic-looking cyan superhero with a plastic spiderweb cape. These were at ALCO or the grocery store around the same time Marvel's original Secret Wars line was out, IIRC.

I thought they might be Remco, but that's not turning up any good results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Louisgod posted:

those are balls

Up close, they always look like a landscape.