Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe he has one of those futuristic showers that has like 12 jets of water coming from all directions.

Dude doesn't know if he's coming or going in there, but by god he's clean as hell.

that just looks tacky as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If wanting to live life like a Hillbilly Blade Runner is tacky, then by god I'm tacky.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

mind the walrus posted:

If wanting to live life like a Hillbilly Blade Runner is tacky, then by god I'm tacky.

Same. That shower looks amazing. In just three minutes, you'll be clean in places you didn't even know you had.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe he has one of those futuristic showers that has like 12 jets of water coming from all directions.

Dude doesn't know if he's coming or going in there, but by god he's clean as hell.

"I saw that, Dave. You really shouldn't pee in the shower."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I bet you could trick your cat into climbing in.

Once.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

Aesthetics aside, would.

It is gently caress ugly though, woof!

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Once.

The pay off would be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus

I'll leave it up to you to decided if it's worth it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I wouldn't even have space for something like that. Unless they could turn the seat part into a toilet too. Then sign me up.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If I had a shower/toilet/hot tub, I'd never do anything else. Give me a waterproof posting station, and we'll talk.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah I'd love that shower. I'd extend my bathroom out the side of the house if I had to.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dick Trauma posted:

Once.

e:f;b

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

Unless they could turn the seat part into a toilet too

It seems like a really powerful shower....

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Fat Loser posted:

The pay off would be something like this

I'll leave it up to you to decided if it's worth it.

Oh god this just made me laugh so hard i cried and i had to stop the video halfway through for fear of popping a blood vessel or something.
Holy poo poo. so cruel... but so funny...

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Cat later died when his leather leather collar dried and shrank, slowly strangling the little critter.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Champenema posted:

Cat later died when his leather leather collar dried and shrank, slowly strangling the little critter.

tell me the name a them critters

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Finally, a derail I can get behind.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ricky gervais is a knob.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I think what I like best here is if you just cross out "confidential" it's OK to share.

Nope, nevermind, it's the space poop I find funny.

When they declassify documents (especially old rear end printed ones) they cross the classification level, so yes its OK to share.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ElMaligno posted:

When they declassify documents (especially old rear end printed ones) they cross the classification level, so yes its OK to share.

It's a good waste of time to leaf through declassified stuff.

quote:

Dear Sir:
I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that Hitler is located right in Newyork city!
There's no other city in the world where he could so easily be absorbed. No doubt you have considered this possibility, but I mention it for what it is worth anyway.
[illegible signature]

https://vault.fbi.gov/adolf-hitler/adolf-hitler-part-01-of-04/view

Clearly reliable information, and worth saving for further investigation.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

ricky gervais is a knob.

Yes, yes he is. But he is a glorious knob, and I love him for it. Hooray for his mean-spirited Golden Globes hosting. Hooray I say..

And Karl is an ignorant knowledge hating stick in the mud moron. If I hadn't met people like that, I would be sure he was a character.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yes, yes he is. But he is a glorious knob, and I love him for it. Hooray for his mean-spirited Golden Globes hosting. Hooray I say..

And Karl is an ignorant knowledge hating stick in the mud moron. If I hadn't met people like that, I would be sure he was a character.

if only gervais was a funny knob though. hes just objectively a little gross and dumb.

karl is funny and interesting sometimes. good on him.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Snapchat A Titty posted:

This leaves so many questions. In particular, I have these:

1.) How do you bet a dollar to a donut? Is this saying the donut is like a person and you're willing to throw money at a donut (absurd) it's so obvious? Or that you will buy someone a donut worth a dollar (which I assume in the late 40's is a loving expensive donut) you're so confident in this kind of guess?

2.) Is this dude trying to say that everyone in New York is literally like Hitler?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

1.) How do you bet a dollar to a donut? Is this saying the donut is like a person and you're willing to throw money at a donut (absurd) it's so obvious? Or that you will buy someone a donut worth a dollar (which I assume in the late 40's is a loving expensive donut) you're so confident in this kind of guess?

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html

'Dollars to donuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving donuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but donuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I suppose you're not American? "Dollars to doughnots" is an expression that is old as time, or as old as donuts at least. Also, he's not saying every Newyorker is Hitler, but that Hitler would probably be able to hide in New York because of the amount of people of different nationalities. He probably wouldn't, but that's beside the point.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Kheldarn posted:

- dollars are valuable but donuts aren't.

Now see this depends on context.
For instance: If said donuts are in the vicinity of a cop who's not in the process of shooting a black teenager, then the value of those donuts would skyrocket.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sounds like you're a knob as well.

They mock Karl and fall out of their chair at everything he says, but 9 times out of ten, Karl is right.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Also, because the soviets were assholes, we didn't actually know Hitler was dead for a while after 1945.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Angela Christine posted:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

wow you will be loving clean

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

In 37 states it's a crime not to gently caress in this shower

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RyokoTK posted:

wow you will be loving clean

Pretty sure the only thing coming out of that shower is a well-polished skeleton once all the flesh sloughs off under the water pressure.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure the only thing coming out of that shower is a well-polished skeleton once all the flesh sloughs off under the water pressure.

The shower that causes weight loss. There's a Kickstarter in there somewhere.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hitler was just biding his time waiting for the perfect moment to strike - September 11, 2001.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

mr skeltal had to get out somehow

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

dialhforhero posted:

2.) Is this dude trying to say that everyone in New York is literally like Hitler?

Not only was there a large immigrant population, like Snapchat A Titty said, but there was a pretty substantial German immigrant population at the time as well. So shave off his mustache, change his haircut and maybe start wearing a hat in public and he'd blend in nicely.

Well, that and we've always had a fairly large amount of assholes here so that would probably help too.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
He would have been mayor by 1952

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn posted:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html

'Dollars to donuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving donuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but donuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

It originated as a means to convey the idea of betting with an officer of the law, who could easily renege on the illegal wager with little to no repercussions. In the long run, for the cop its pay up or

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snapchat A Titty posted:

"Dollars to doughnots" is an expression that is old as time, or as old as donuts at least.

The original phrase "Shillings to Hertfordshire nuts" never really caught on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dialhforhero posted:

This leaves so many questions. In particular, I have these:

Make sure the donuts are adjusted for inflation.

• Locked thread