Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There were a bunch of pretty good jokes that landed well in the episode, which is more than you can say for the majority of s3. Oliver going "Self-defense classes!" (which is, hey, technically true) when he threw a guy off a balcony was great. I even laughed at Felicity's "da bomb" schtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I dont know posted:

...though if anything it should be more decayed after more than a year.

Wouldn't most of the flora in the gut and blood that contribute to decay be destroyed by the embalming process? I thought modern embalming meant corpses tended towards desiccation as opposed to putrefaction.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

I dont know posted:

Lighter relative to season 3, meaning every single character isn't angry and sullen at all times, and a smattering of jokes and fun character moments. I think they are trying for a season 2 balance as oppose to being The Flash.

I'm glad that they included the shot of Sara's desiccated corpse, though if anything it should be more decayed after more than a year. It emphasizes that it is an order of magnitude difference between putting Thea and Sara in the pit. Thea wasn't even dead when she went in, she was in a persistent vegetative state. It also demonstrates just how unhinged Laurel has become about this, which is an interesting direction for her.

I was 100% not expecting that. I thought "Oh here's a twist, the coffin will be empty." But nope, nasty-rear end corpse just laying in there still in the corset. Super glad it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep last night.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"All of your attacks are focused around crippling people!"
"Gee, it's almost as if I was trained by an ASSASSIN or something."

Speaking of which, given Merlyn's opinions on bringing Thea back in the first place, what are the odds his solution to her issues will be "she belongs dead" and trying to kill her?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bruceski posted:

Speaking of which, given Merlyn's opinions on bringing Thea back in the first place, what are the odds his solution to her issues will be "she belongs dead" and trying to kill her?

85-90%.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
That was the first Arrow episode I've really enjoyed in a long while. I'm hoping things keep up.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wouldn't Thea be up for League leadership too since she sorta survived being stabbed by Ras?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Azubah posted:

Wouldn't Thea be up for League leadership too since she sorta survived being stabbed by Ras?

Well Malcolm is Ra's now she's never been stabbed by him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The episode was pretty good, but not quite terrific yet.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

flosofl posted:

Wouldn't most of the flora in the gut and blood that contribute to decay be destroyed by the embalming process? I thought modern embalming meant corpses tended towards desiccation as opposed to putrefaction.

I'm not sure, but Sara was never embalmed. When she died, Team Arrow ran some tests on the body for a few days before secretly burying her in her previously empty grave. As far as the worlds concerned she died on the yacht, and only a handful of people ever learned otherwise.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anarky was really fun, it looks like the show was setting him up to come back again and I really hope he does. I missed how Ollie used to have recurring B-list villains.

Someone needs to gif Thea's sliding move in the final fight, that was super badass.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

Anarky was really fun, it looks like the show was setting him up to come back again and I really hope he does. I missed how Ollie used to have recurring B-list villains.

Someone needs to gif Thea's sliding move in the final fight, that was super badass.

We need a new Count Vertigo. Maybe one that's an actual Count this time.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I like how they dropped two random new characters (the Danforths?) in this episode and then expected us to have empathy? The editing throughout was hilariously bad.

The fight scenes were pretty good, but between the acting slipping across the board, the ridiculous Thea subplot, and Felicity being generally insufferable I really don't know anymore.

Dark seems pretty cool though so there may still be hope. I'm in until mid-season at least.

:shrug:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Xelkelvos posted:

We need a new Count Vertigo. Maybe one that's an actual Count this time.

I want the first Count Vertigo back again.
Bargain Bin Joker was just good clean fun.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Well Malcolm is Ra's now she's never been stabbed by him.

She did survive the quake machine while she was in the Glades so technically that counts?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I dont know posted:

I'm not sure, but Sara was never embalmed. When she died, Team Arrow ran some tests on the body for a few days before secretly burying her in her previously empty grave. As far as the worlds concerned she died on the yacht, and only a handful of people ever learned otherwise.

That's right, I forgot about that detail. She should totally be a soup of hair and bones after that much time. They should have had a Hefty sack to take her "body" with them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You know, besides the board room hilarity, I forgot how loving easily Oliver infiltrated that group on the island.

"Yea he totally stepped on a landmine. Gotta take my word for it."

"Hmm guess so. Btw do you want his job? I also believe you have been here for 3 years because you ripped your shirt and put some dirt on your arms. I better not ask to see where you lived or for any sort of proof."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tossing the dead soldier on the land mines was pretty dang smart I thought. He's an exploded man they aren't gonna do an autopsy and say "Hey some of these lacerations were caused by a dagger".

I did laugh at how fast the slaver gave him a job though. If they had asked him where he has been living. Oliver would have plenty of places to show them, like the cave he was in at the beginning or the downed plane.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Did you miss the part where Ollie threw the body on a landmine? I'd say the exploded body was plenty decent proof enough.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

bobkatt013 posted:

If they start mentioning missing male prostitutes we all know where they are.

He set them free.

That was lowkey one of the best scenes in any tv show and he should have won an award

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You know, besides the board room hilarity, I forgot how loving easily Oliver infiltrated that group on the island.

"Hmm guess so. Btw do you want his job? I also believe you have been here for 3 years because you ripped your shirt and put some dirt on your arms. I better not ask to see where you lived or for any sort of proof."

Beautiful famous people have it easy, even on slave labour islands.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder why they need so many 'workers' for such a tiny poppy field.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just waiting for his campaign slogan

My name is Oliver Queen, and I will not fail this city

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ded posted:

I wonder why they need so many 'workers' for such a tiny poppy field.
Is that what that's supposed to be? I thought it was a magic herb field. Aren't poppies red?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I know Paul Blackthorn is a favorite, but his character is really starting to grade on me, I miss when him and Ollie were friends and he wasn't pissed off all the time.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well, the leader twitched his eye like 3 times, so he's probably a plant by Waller to use the group to take down a bigger scheme, and needed Ollie as an outsider to help with the sabotage.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When they bring Sara back to life, will they inexplicably keep it a secret from him, will he be inexplicably angry, or both?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oracle posted:

Is that what that's supposed to be? I thought it was a magic herb field. Aren't poppies red?

mirakuru poppies. :v:

the strongest high!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He also stopped the other soldier's from stepping on one. Also He's a well known person, It's common knowledge that he crashed on a boat however many years ago. Most people would take it at face value that he's been stuck here for all that time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

greatn posted:

When they bring Sara back to life, will they inexplicably keep it a secret from him, will he be inexplicably angry, or both?

"So. Behind my back your spa-date was really digging up my dead girlfriend and crime-fighting partner, flying with her corpse to Nanda Parbat, resurrecting her despite the clear affect it had on Thea, and coming back with a Pet Cemetery version of the person she was. Do I have this straight?"

"Ollie, I'm not understanding why you're so upset! I'm going to stand over here and pout while your sister flies into an irrational rage and tries to kill you"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I will say it's a little ridiculous that Dahrk is coercing Lance's cooperation by threatening to attack his daughter, aka the vigilante that's going out every night to attack Dahrk.

What happened to the Canary cry, anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She never lost it or anything but now there's 4 of them showing up to every fight.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

"So. Behind my back your spa-date was really digging up my dead girlfriend and crime-fighting partner, flying with her corpse to Nanda Parbat, resurrecting her despite the clear affect it had on Thea, and coming back with a Pet Cemetery version of the person she was. Do I have this straight?"

"Ollie, I'm not understanding why you're so upset! I'm going to stand over here and pout while your sister flies into an irrational rage and tries to kill you"

I meant Det. Lance, but someone has replied with a post about Ollie between the past about Land I was responding to. I think Ollie will probably be cool with it actually.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Laurel would fit pretty well in Supernatural what with her stubborn refusal to let a sibling stay dead no matter what the consequences might be.

(:haw:)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BrianWilly posted:

Laurel would fit pretty well in Supernatural what with her stubborn refusal to let a sibling stay dead no matter what the consequences might be.

(:haw:)

Of course, Sam and Dean would do a double-take the first time she showed up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm guessing that Lance is working with Darhk because he promised to bring Sara back to life.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flosofl posted:

Do not worry they have a guy. He may smoke and is a complete rear end in a top hat but you can trust him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's good for 6 months. Then they just kill her again, and re-revive her.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

She's good for 6 months. Then they just kill her again, and re-revive her.

Or she sleeps with John Constantine and she dies again, but this time her soul is also eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Daric posted:

I was 100% not expecting that. I thought "Oh here's a twist, the coffin will be empty." But nope, nasty-rear end corpse just laying in there still in the corset. Super glad it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep last night.

Exactly what I was thinking. She looked like Jack Skellington. It was gross.

Liked the ep, and it was good to hear Felicity mention that John still needs a code name. I'm already bored with Thea's arc, though, and I've given up hope that they're ever going to explain just how Katana brought Ollie back.

• Locked thread