Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

They could have actually put a bit of effort in to making it look like strainedglass though, it looks like the photoshop cutout filter with find-edges slapped over it.

Yeah, I'm not trying to imply it's good, it's just something that took a half-hour in the studio as opposed to five minutes, which is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgiwga4CYs&t=37s

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So I take it they're just hoping people are gonna buy tickets for this and sneak into Star Wars, right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Those little guys are going to cut their hands off!
They have such a bad grip on those lightsabers, holding on to them with their snugly sweaters!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
They just used some existing poster of them with their arms folded and badly pasted in some lightsabers and ambience effects, didn't they?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

couldcareless posted:

They just used some existing poster of them with their arms folded and badly pasted in some lightsabers and ambience effects, didn't they?
I dont know why you would think they would be that la-

...oh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Imagine bringing your kids to the cinema on Christmas loving day.

Imagine working in a cinema on Christmas

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's lots of people who don't celebrate Christmas.

They shouldn't go see Alvin and the Chipmunks either but I assume choices are slim.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aphrodite posted:

They shouldn't go see Alvin and the Chipmunks either but I assume choices are slim.

Star Wars, Hunger Games, Spectre and the Point Break remake for teens and adults.

The Peanuts Movie, the Good Dinosaur and Alvin & The Chipmunks for kids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But what if they've already seen all of those?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They should start writing checks directly to the movie studios.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Cage posted:

I dont know why you would think they would be that la-

...oh

On one hand that's so bad, on the other hand... I can't really blame 'em because why even put in the effort?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Shoehead posted:

A bud of mine in high school worked at a Cinemark and did the Christmas day gig because he got double time and no one in authority gives a gently caress that day. He was usually drunk on Christmas spirit (and rum) by his lunch break.

Wait, he may have just been an alcoholic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shoehead posted:

I saw Alien vs. Predator Requiem on Christmas day after all my family stuff several years ago. That was pretty cool.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I saw Alien vs. Predator Requiem on Christmas day after all my family stuff several years ago. That was pretty cool.

My brother and I went to see The Spirit on Christmas Day.

Then we left the theater, went home and drank heavily. Seeing The Spirit was an unwise decision.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Shoehead posted:

My family are all Jewish and we don't do Christmas, so a few years back, we decided to go to the cinema on Christmas day. We went to the Odeon Leicester Square and saw a preview screening of Black Swan. The entire staff of the cinema were Muslim, and most of the audience were Chinese.

Black Swan is a great Christmas film to see with your septuagenarian parents, by the way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And speaking of Muslims, it's common for movies in Muslims countries to be promoted for an Eid release. Eid cinema is pretty much a tradition here in Malaysia.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey son, wanna go see Star Wars?

"No father. I wish to see the chipmunk movie."

*grown rear end 36 year old man starts crying in ticket line*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A movie and Chinese food is like the Doesn't Celebrate Christmas stereotype.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Don't forget the "Jesus Christ I need to escape my family" , "I have no family", and horribly socially awkward non-communicative christian families.

Theaters are loving packed at Christmas. Not everyone meets that minimum standard of familial tolerance that has you like eating hams and watching A Christmas Story 18 times in a row.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hate a Christmas story and have never understood why so many watch it a dozen times over the holidays.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I used to love working the Christmas shift at the movie theatre. People who came in were generally happy that we were open and on more than one occasion people would bring Christmas cookies for the staff as a thank you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

A movie and Chinese food is like the Doesn't Celebrate Christmas stereotype.

It's practically a Jewish-American tradition.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My brother and I saw Wolf of Wall Street on Christmas and it was dope. Gonna be tough to decide between Hateful Eight and The Revenant this year tho.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

On one hand that's so bad, on the other hand... I can't really blame 'em because why even put in the effort?

I admire the audacity

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've worked every Christmas for the past 10 years. I loving love it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thanks, Mr. Skeltal.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Gonna take my nephew to see Star Wars when he's in town for Christmas. He's gonna be 9 and he's losing his goddamn mind about this movie. It's gonna be so fun.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My girlfriend's family does the movies on Christmas Day because they're generally done with celebrating around 2 in the afternoon, and don't have anything else going on after that. Sadly, this means we saw the first Hobbit movie. Which was a miserable experience.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, Hateful 8 and Revenant are Christmas movies?

poo poo, my suburban Catholic rear end might be in the theater on Christmas.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

oldpainless posted:

I hate a Christmas story and have never understood why so many watch it a dozen times over the holidays.

:stare:

Like I can understand getting sick of watching A Christmas Story but I can't wrap my brain around hating it unless you just have zero tolerance for period movies set in the 50's.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

I hate a Christmas story

The gently caress kind of opinion is this bullshit?

e: loving Richard cocksucking Dawkins doesn't even hate A Christmas Story

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

This is my hill and I will die upon it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hah I'm getting a total education on Christmas day cinema going.

Living in Ireland which is like the second or third most Catholic place on earth, up until recently the entire country would be closed for a day. Even corner shops would be only open for a few hours. So going to see a movie seems super strange to me.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Allen Wren posted:

My girlfriend's family does the movies on Christmas Day because they're generally done with celebrating around 2 in the afternoon, and don't have anything else going on after that. Sadly, this means we saw the first Hobbit movie. Which was a miserable experience.

Look on the bright side: it wasn't Hobbit 2 or 3!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

See how much better things look when you put a bit of effort into them MGM?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

:stare:

Like I can understand getting sick of watching A Christmas Story but I can't wrap my brain around hating it unless you just have zero tolerance for period movies set in the 50's.

I haven't suffered through it in probably 10 years but I've always found it to be an unaffecting, unfunny, and visually ugly movie as well

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shoehead posted:

Hah I'm getting a total education on Christmas day cinema going.

Living in Ireland which is like the second or third most Catholic place on earth, up until recently the entire country would be closed for a day. Even corner shops would be only open for a few hours. So going to see a movie seems super strange to me.

The only god America truly worships is Mammon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The Slammin' Mammon.