Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
EC March Injury Report

Colma Skeletons
Jason Kipnis (2B) (Out for Season)

Modern Bourgeoius
Anthony Rendon (2B) (92 Days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
The 2Bpocalypse

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
<grinnblade> rip even harder diamond dogs
<grinnblade> jesus loving christ
<McFreeze> it's fine
<McFreeze> don't worry about it
<McFreeze> i mean other than not having a center fielder
<McFreeze> oh wait elmer gently caress can be
<grinnblade> elmer gently caress indeed

Elmer "gently caress" Flick is the new CF.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lets see. I am going to Bench Tom Herr for Miguel Tejada and swap Mark Mulder and John Tudor

Lineup
CF McGee
SS Tejada
LF Gonzales
DH Giambi
RF Dye
3B Chavez
1B Clark
SS Smith
C Hernandez

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 16, 2015

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

elmer flick is A Good Player do not disparage elmer flick

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

DOOP posted:

Lets see. I am going to Bench Tom Herr for Miguel Tejada and swap Mark Mulder and John Tudor

Lineup
McGee
Tejada
Gonzales
Giambi
Dye
Chavez
Clark
Smith
Hernandez

Double posting but please put positions in your lineup changes (especially when you're only writing their last name), it's v hard to parse otherwise

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

That is unbelievable writing smasher.

It must suck to make topping yourself such a consistent hobby.

Randy is worrying me a little, I think that injury screwed him up. I'll stick with him a little longer.

Joe Morgan to AAA
Cecil Travis up

New lineups:

VS RHP
code:
2B	Eddie Collins
LF	Goose Goslin
DH	Dan Brouthers
CF	Ty Cobb
RF	Paul Waner
1B	Joe Judge
SS	Cecil Travis
C	Smoky Burgess
3B	Ken Oberkfell
VS LHP
code:
SS	George Davis
2B	Eddie Collins
LF	Goose Goslin
DH	Dan Brouthers
CF	Ty Cobb
RF	Paul Waner
1B	Joe Judge
3B	Cecil Travis
C	Deacon White

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

DannoMack posted:

Would you take a 1992 Palmeiro and/or a 2001 Olerud for Delahanty?

I do love Olerud, and Palmeiro can pretend to play LF. Let me think on this. The offer is fair, but I'm not real sure how much it helps me this season. So I'm inclined to wait until after the season to figure out a plan.

Mentholmoose, as you might imagine, "olerud and Palmeiro" is a better offer than "olerud or old musial." If I could play Musial at DH I'd probably consider it, but then that leaves me with Ross Barnes in the field and gently caress that.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monicro posted:

EC March Injury Report

Colma Skeletons
Jason Kipnis (2B) (Out for Season)

Modern Bourgeoius
Anthony Rendon (2B) (92 Days)

Am I allowed to call up from my feeders to strengthen my minors?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FairGame posted:

Mentholmoose, as you might imagine, "olerud and Palmeiro" is a better offer than "olerud or old musial." If I could play Musial at DH I'd probably consider it, but then that leaves me with Ross Barnes in the field and gently caress that.

You can do it

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

kensei posted:

Am I allowed to call up from my feeders to strengthen my minors?

nope!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

So for a while now I've been thinking of challenging my Stan Musial - because let's be honest - the absolute peak season of Stan (.376/.450/.702) shouldn't be batting .278/.323, especially based on his history in the league. I thought I was going to have an extremely good case when I saw that Cthulhu's 38 year old Stan Musial is hitting like a beast - but it turns out that's the only Stan in the league doing well??? Since we've never had a 1948 Stan in the league I thought I'd use the history of the Marmosets Stan for my case - but his also seems to be under-performing for some reason. The reason I traded so much for Stan in the off-season is for 2 things:

1.) Better to have in the OF for Burnt Doritos
2.) Higher floor and higher ceiling than most OF

#1 was undoubtedly true. #2 is still definitely true, but he's definitely not hitting at the level I think he should be.

Also he's tied for second worst disciplined Stan in the history of the Super League!!! What!!!

With that said, I don't really know if I have enough stuff for a successful challenge here. Lots of other Stans under-performing. Perhaps it's just an unlucky year. Whatever.

With all this said, I feel more compelled to challenge somebody else, and that man is Alex Rodriguez.

A-Rod has a problem. He strikes out a lot in real life. A ridiculous amount. It's bad. But A-Rod the player??? He's not bad. .297/.382/.554. 687 Home Runs. He's great. Arguably the greatest infield player of all time.

He is basically an infield Willie Mays with a .005/.002/.003 career difference. It's minuscule. So minuscule that I believe like Willie Mays, that should warrant a real challenge.

As far as Super League numbers go though, I don't have much to work with. My in-his-peak 2001 A-Rod is not the worst in the history of the league like my Willie Mays was a couple seasons back. I don't think he has even been challenged before.

But my A-Rod has the 4th worst AVG & OBP of any A-Rod in the history of the league, so I'd like to officially request a challenge for Mr. Rodriguez.

Do I need to do this? No. I'm already set for survival.
Do I deserve this??? As a Roman Reigns & Yankees supporter, probably not.

But I have decided to give it a shot anyway. If the answer is "no" - that's fine.

As far as changes go, Nap Lajoie to bat for Morgan this week while he's hurting. That's all. Thanks Smasher!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

FairGame posted:

Ed Delahanty

I have a 35 year old bagwell... :(

Shawon Dunston posted:

Things and stuff

What do you want for the last pick of the SD?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I figured, but wanted to be sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As a still somewhat new-ish owner can someone explain to me what these challenges are about?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
: Wait, we're doing pretty well? That's called the wisdom of laissez faire. Gimme that 66 Tiant and another 95 Assenmacher. Time to turn this back into one of my actively managed funds.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

rabidsquid posted:

As a still somewhat new-ish owner can someone explain to me what these challenges are about?

when you think that baseball mogul is underrating your star player and causing him to suck rear end, you present a detailed explanation of why you believe that a mogul glitch is causing your cleanup hitter to OBP .289 instead of random variance and fluctuations

ostensibly, it's possible for smasher to go "hmm you are right" and bump up the ratings of said player, but to date almost all challenges end up being smasher reading them, saying "nope, sorry" and your babe ruth continues to obp .277

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hey I've done 1 challenge before and Smasher helped my Willie Mays!

I think you just need to make a strong case.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
THATS WHY I SAID "ALMOST ALL" :mad:

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
They are going mainstream!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Why don't they just put it in a burrito?

Or put food coloring on burritos to make them look like Frito bags?

Actually, call my agent, we're going to make a fortune off these Minnesota folks.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Diane, this shiny new European belt will help in selling Ghostwood off to the Icelanders. Also, strike a sponsorship with that young Jose Bautista for our lumber mill, the commercial could have logs being thrown I see it now. Thank the Dinger gods for that glorious Dinger.

Slot Ron Guidry '79 into Long Relief, bump Mark Eichorn into Short and jettison Jason Frasor into the sun.
Replace Ian Kinsler in the lineup with Billy Herman
Call up A.J. Pierzynski and demote Walker Cooper while he is injured, slot A.J. into the lineup.

The 500 section of the Double R Dome will be emblazoned with gold to celebrate our European Title win, I feel like Spike Dudley.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Forzelt posted:

They are going mainstream!

I'm more concerned with the part of the description that says "authentic taco flavors like Desert Heat."

In what universe is "Desert Heat" an authentic taco flavor? It's not even an authentic flavor! Hell, it's not event really a flavor? What is happening?

I am also concerned that it is basically a dressed up bag of Fritos that is still served with fries.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
what the hell are people eating nowadays

i'm sorry. is that a bag of fritos

that someone dumped a bunch of taco meat and veggies in?

:barf:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i'm sorry, it's a $7.49 bag of fritos with a big pile of taco meat and vegetables dumped into it by someone that's MUCH better

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

It feels good to finally be over .500, as fleeting as that status may be.

Vance is back this week, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what to do with him. For now, Vance to SP5, Brown to LR, Gooden to AAA.

Also, vs LHP only, put Schang in for Cochrane, and Cronin in for Vaughan.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey I've done 1 challenge before and Smasher helped my Willie Mays!

I think you just need to make a strong case.

Yeah, and you're not really making a strong case. 25 isn't peak, as evidenced by Mogul giving him a 93/96 rating - he's still developing, i.E. he's still young. Young players suck poo poo sometimes and sometimes all the potential in the world can't prevent either a slump season or a prospect not being the all-star people thought he would be. Case in point: My 22 year old Barry Bonds who got outdingered by Kenny Lofton - Kenny loving Lofton.

Just sayin' that this course of action isn't the best thing to present to somebody who has vowed to destroy your team and the team you associate with.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think it's not a very big deal and you just want your schillings & jeter to always be better!!! :arghfist:

Also his peak is from 00-07 don't give me none of that HE'S NOT IN IT yet.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 16, 2015

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
This may be my favourite update yet...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

CraigK posted:

i'm sorry, it's a $7.49 bag of fritos with a big pile of taco meat and vegetables dumped into it by someone that's MUCH better

Oh man $7.49? Usually one of the appeals of walking tacos is that they are cheap as hell...

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Alright, Bresnahan is really disappointing me. And Slim Sallee deserves a larger role in the rotation. So let's try something new.

Rotation
SP1 Chesbro
SP2 Chesbro
SP3 Sallee
SP4 Douglas
SP5 Kaat

If it's not too much to ask, could you also set the next starter to Slim Sallee in his new position?

vs. RHP
1. LF Tim Raines
2. 2B Frankie Frisch
3. 1B Buck Leonard
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. CF Earle Combs
6. SS The MACHINE
7. C Johnny Bench
8. 3B Paul Molitor

vs. LHP
1. LF Tim Raines
2. 2B Frankie Frisch
3. 1B Buck Leonard
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. CF Robin Yount
6. SS The MACHINE
7. C Johnny Bench
8. 3B Paul Molitor

I guess Bresnahan can still get the occasional start as Phil Douglas's personal catcher. Thanks a lot, in any case.

Oh, and I totally did not realize we were finally on the last pick of the draft. I guess with no one raring to go after me the usual cries of pick already are silent. In any case, I see I have an offer:

Pash posted:

What do you want for the last pick of the SD?

Since you're a SL team and certain to remain such, your 4th rounder in the next dispersal draft sounds appropriate. Odds are it will be late and the talent level currently left in the draft seems commensurate with a late 4th rounder, that is my offer, if you really want Puckett.

Beet fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 16, 2015

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, and you're not really making a strong case. 25 isn't peak, as evidenced by Mogul giving him a 93/96 rating - he's still developing, i.E. he's still young. Young players suck poo poo sometimes and sometimes all the potential in the world can't prevent either a slump season or a prospect not being the all-star people thought he would be. Case in point: My 22 year old Barry Bonds who got outdingered by Kenny Lofton - Kenny loving Lofton.

Just sayin' that this course of action isn't the best thing to present to somebody who has vowed to destroy your team and the team you associate with.

He may be age-glitched with the 96 A-Rod. That could explain the potential and his suckitude.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'm more concerned with the part of the description that says "authentic taco flavors like Desert Heat."

In what universe is "Desert Heat" an authentic taco flavor? It's not even an authentic flavor! Hell, it's not event really a flavor? What is happening?

I am also concerned that it is basically a dressed up bag of Fritos that is still served with fries.

Walking tacos are best at high school/college sporting events and not a sit-down restaurant food item but I guess the fries make sense in that context.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Stadium/fast food chat has leaked out of the MLB N/V thread and into the SL thread?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Not so much a chat as it is advance warning about this gustatory apocalypse which must be averted at any cost

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XVII, Week 19 Injury Report

Chicago Southpaws
Randy Johnson (SP) (You were right to be concerned) - 12 days

Hartford Whalers
Harvey Haddix (SP) (DENIED!) - 8 days

New World Symphony
Jim Fregosi (SS) (The killing blow!) - 8 days

RCMP
Tris Speaker (CF) (I'll teach you to make in-season trades!) - 11 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Mike Timlin (RP) (Truth!) - 11 days

Pick 'em: Metalpocalypse is Canceled

Grand Slam Championships
Chicago Southpaws (c) @ Oklahoma City Bombers

Canadian Championship
Sindhi Sheikhs @ Hartford Whalers (c)

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Florida Oranges @ Slaughterhouse Nine (c)

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Oh it's okay I'll just plug in Ty Co.... gently caress

Pickem
Bombers take rest retain

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates