Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Dude there's an entire franchise of Madden games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemarine1999
Nov 26, 2013

The memory
of this experience
will fade
So far there are actually more people that picked orcs intrestingly enough. Not a lot more, but a few.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sorry man, that league sounds boring as hell.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Look, BB2 cannot yet support the true league of champions. I'll join when it is halflings only no big guys.

spacemarine1999
Nov 26, 2013

The memory
of this experience
will fade

dogstile posted:

Sorry man, that league sounds boring as hell.

No problem man. Don't join then.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
I'm fairly new to the game and about 4 games into the official league. Is there a point where you stop buying RRs? I have 3RRs and an Apo playing as Lizardmen if that makes any difference.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Fox only, Final Destination, no items! :spergin:

For most teams 3-4 is plenty, any more is just TV bloat.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
3 team rerolls and a guy with Leader should do most teams right. Exceptions being Vampires, Ogres and Slann who make a lot of rolls that don't have any reroll-skills who probably want like, 6.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
3 rerolls should be enough depending on how you play for most good teams. 4 rerolls if you like to play dangerous. Once you get into higher team value and you have all the skills you need you can do fine with just 2 depending on team.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Splode posted:

Dude there's an entire franchise of Madden games.

Not on PC, which hurts me.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Really need more people to play with in Goonleague's Loser Ladder (BB2). Particularly 8-11 EST.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

spacemarine1999 posted:

No problem man. Don't join then.

I think you will find this the more enticing offer.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Talmonis posted:

Really need more people to play with in Goonleague's Loser Ladder (BB2). Particularly 8-11 EST.

Yeah I'm noticing this too. Come on, we're all chill Bros.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I'm noticing this too. Come on, we're all chill Bros.

I'll be on today I usually hit the match making button and wait 15 mins hoping someone is doing the same.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

JackDarko posted:

I'll be on today I usually hit the match making button and wait 15 mins hoping someone is doing the same.

Get on the IRC channel if it doesn't pop immediately. One of us is usually around.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah, absolutely use irc. It's by far the best way to match for the ladder.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I matched up against dwarfs last night. Dude had 8 rerolls. I was laughing so hard right up until comcast dropped my internet for over an hour and made me DC/Conceed that game. :(

He was so bad

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Just 8? What about a blitz? What about a riot??

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I went up against an all claw chaos team with 3 rerolls and barely any block.

It was kinda funny until all my skinks got fractured jaws and had to miss a match. I'm still confident I could have won as it was the second half, 1-0 to me and my big guys were all around the ball but I had to run. This game really needs a "schedule match later" option.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Went up against a 2400 Chaos team with my 1900 Chaos (with 5 rerolls, which is bad and I reduced to 3 right after I know...).
Decided not to chicken out.

drat so much blood. Game ended in a draw with me only 2 on the field to his 4.
He had lvl 6 Minotaurs and Chaos warriors. So much pain. I ended up with 2 deaths (support beast man and a 0/6 new recruit), and 2 permanent injuries.
I killed and maimed some of his players too though.

But in the end, what does it matter? If winning or losing matters so little in the NAF league.

Earlier today I played my Brettonians, won 2-0 but in the end the Chaos opponent was like "I don't care you won as I injured 5 of your players hah". All Peasants off course.
He got his 10SPP+MVP, so he felt it was like a victory.

If (repeated) losing could cause high level players to abandon the team, yeah, then people might care about winning.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Two of the most nuffly games ever tonight. Both playing as my dark elves.

Game 1 vs skaven. The skaven had 11 armor breaks all game, this resulted in 5 injuries and 4 KO's. The start of turn 9 I had six players on the field. And a 2-0 lead which I would extend to 3-0 on defense. The guy was not very good, threw a lot of blocks with a rat ogre before doing safe actions, didn't protect ball carrier well, etc. The usual newbie mistakes. But holy gently caress did that guy throw injury dice well. 9 out of 11 armor breaks resulting in players off the pitch. I was saved by smart plays, some 1db ball carrier hits, after rolling a 1 on one of my pass attempts his first action was to 3db with his rat ogre and roll bothdown, fail loner, and turn over. and having two 5AG elves. One of which almost died. Thank you apo for being good today.

Game 2 vs dwarves. Again the player wasn't very good. Threw a ton of 1dbs at the start of his turns. Threw 1dbs' to -2db frenzy traps with the troll slayers. All sorts of risky/bad plays, all being rewarded. On the other side of things I failed everything. The number of 'safe' actions, like 2+ dodges, 2db blocks, etc that I turned over on, several at the start of my turns was unbelievable. It was a miserable shitfest for 14 turns. Then on turn 14 I made desperation blitz on the ball carrier, 1db, got the ball loose on the sideline with two of his dwarfs guarding it. Then I elf BS a 5ag guy through their tacklezones, pick it up in two TZ and even manage an accurate throw in 2 TZs. Didn't have enough elves in the area to really protect the ball though, but it felt like a win. Turn 15, his move, he has plenty of dwarfs surround and knock the ball carrier over. Big pile up, his runner picks it up two away from the sideline. My turn 15 I try everything I can think of, only manage a push on the ball, but it pins him against the sideline with two elfs on him. No rereolls, he's not scoring from that far away, good enough. Turn 16 though... The fucker tries to throw it into the endzone where 4 of his dudes were beating down my 2 guys that popped it loose on turn 14. Very sunny weather, still in a tackle zone, probably throwing it to some dude with 2AG, its not going to happen. But it does. Except an elf caught the ball, not a dwarf. A blitzer intercepts it while double marked! He dodges off, moves up as far as he can and bombs it to the no skill lineman I'd left 6 squares from the dwarfs endzone. Pass is accurate, catch is made, and I walk in for a game tying touchdown. So much bullshit that entire game.

He could have won it too, easy. I think he was new and was trying to copy things he saw other teams do. He ran the ball down field with one runner, and when he had a cage and I had no real threat to his ball carrier he tried to hand the ball off to a longbeard. I guess he really wanted to level the longbeard. But it was two 50/50 chances that failed, burned two rereolls and lead to the above paragraph of bullshit events. He had every opportunity to walk the ball in with no dice thrown and pissed it away trying to get a longbeard to catch a handoff, and then again trying to pick it up off the ground with 2ag.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Or he cared more about his team progression than the win, all the win gets you extra is the money re-roll.

One of the main good things about bloodbowl imo is how much a game can swing on bad die rolls. You probably only make 50 to 75 rolls in total in a given game, so it's easy to get a lucky break or a losing streak, which just makes things more entertaining imo. Because you can play perfectly and still lose, that's bloodbowl!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

This once again proves that it's better being lucky than being good.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I was hoping getting my peasants killed and injured would prevent them hoarding up those MVP's, but no.
I have 4 5/6 Peasants now with an assortment of injuries on them... brilliant.

Btw in that earlier game that I won 2-0 I got 3+3+1+5 SPP's = 12SPP
The guy got 5x2SPP+5SPP = 15SPP, for losing a game.

Has it always been that both winner and loser gain the same amount of MVP points?
On the other hand I can understand giving the loser MVP points as it might be the only incentive to not conceding as soon as things go bad.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Everyone has gotten one MVP at least since LRB 4. This only changes when a match is conceded.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Evernoob posted:

I was hoping getting my peasants killed and injured would prevent them hoarding up those MVP's, but no.
I have 4 5/6 Peasants now with an assortment of injuries on them... brilliant.

Btw in that earlier game that I won 2-0 I got 3+3+1+5 SPP's = 12SPP
The guy got 5x2SPP+5SPP = 15SPP, for losing a game.

Has it always been that both winner and loser gain the same amount of MVP points?
On the other hand I can understand giving the loser MVP points as it might be the only incentive to not conceding as soon as things go bad.

It's really simple. A player gets 3 SPP for a touchdown, 1 for a successfully caught pass, and 2 for a casualty or interception (interceptions are so rare that should be higher imo). Each team gets one MVP.

So your opponent got 5 casualties. You scored 2 touchdowns, and made one pass. It's very straight-forward.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 15, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Funso Banjo posted:

It's really simple. A player gets 3 SPP for a touchdown, 1 for a successfully caught pass, and 2 for a casualty or interception (interceptions are so rare that should be higher imo). Each team gets one MVP.

So your opponent got 5 casualties. You scored 2 touchdowns, and made one pass. It's very straight-forward.

Some people seem to think that Pyrrhic victories are something bad and need to be changed. These same people have apparently never played Xcom.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Funso Banjo posted:

Eh even an agi 1 player surrounded by 8 guys will intercept the ball 17% of the time unless the other dude has safe throw. That's actually really good odds when you think about it, and they're only rare because nobody sane passes the ball where it can be intercepted if they can avoid it, and passing plays are much rarer than blocks to begin with.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh even an agi 1 player surrounded by 8 guys will intercept the ball 17% of the time unless the other dude has safe throw. That's actually really good odds when you think about it, and they're only rare because nobody sane passes the ball where it can be intercepted if they can avoid it, and passing plays are much rarer than blocks to begin with.

Passing plays only giving one spp is pretty bogus really, it should be 2. The only reason it's not is because of turn 8 vanity plays. Speaking of which I've never even seen anyone talking about taking advantage of that. You should always be passing the ball for vanity when possible. Especially elves at low spp in perpetual leagues.

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 16, 2015

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I forgot to mention a maybe important cyanide 'feature' i learned last night. It doesn't look like the game will prompt you if you want to use juggernaut or not. It looks like it always auto-uses Jug. This probably isn't an issue 99% of the time, but the skaven guy who diced me hired a star player, a 4str storm vermin with block and juggernaut and used his star to blitz a lot. There were at least a couple of times where he was hitting unskilled linemen where taking the both down would have knocked my elf down but juggernaut triggered and kept me standing up.

Just a little fyi and :cyanide: for anyone that takes juggernaut.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Jade Star posted:

I forgot to mention a maybe important cyanide 'feature' i learned last night. It doesn't look like the game will prompt you if you want to use juggernaut or not. It looks like it always auto-uses Jug. This probably isn't an issue 99% of the time, but the skaven guy who diced me hired a star player, a 4str storm vermin with block and juggernaut and used his star to blitz a lot. There were at least a couple of times where he was hitting unskilled linemen where taking the both down would have knocked my elf down but juggernaut triggered and kept me standing up.

Just a little fyi and :cyanide: for anyone that takes juggernaut.

Thats a pretty huge nerf to jugg.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Quick Passes should be 1 point, anything else 2. Those are my Thoughts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It asked you properly in BB1, and you could set certain skills to prompt in a deeply buried place in the options in BB1 (I did this for Shadowing).

BB2 doesn't have that similar option?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rygar201 posted:

Quick Passes should be 1 point, anything else 2. Those are my Thoughts.

Passers already level decently fast, and all passing exp is usually condensed to 1 passer who throws the ball every drive. Giving them even more spp for passing would probably result in them getting fired(early on at least) for bloating tv on a piece that literally does 2 actions on an offensive drive and is just a lineman on defense.

Coolguye posted:

It asked you properly in BB1, and you could set certain skills to prompt in a deeply buried place in the options in BB1 (I did this for Shadowing).

BB2 doesn't have that similar option?

nope

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Washout posted:

Passing plays only giving one spp is pretty bogus really, it should be 2. The only reason it's not is because of turn 8 vanity plays. Speaking of which I've never even seen anyone talking about taking advantage of that. You should always be passing the ball for vanity when possible. Especially elves at low spp in perpetual leagues.

Not sure how I feel about short leagues where any Elf is three 2+/2+ rolls away from leveling.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Voyager I posted:

Not sure how I feel about short leagues where any Elf is three 2+/2+ rolls away from leveling.

Yeah I guess in a roundabout I was saying that it has to be 1spp or elves could take crazy advantage.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Jimmyfantastic from fumbbl seems now to be streaming bb2 almost every night.There was almost 90 people watching yesterday which is crazy. Anyways he is a good player and if you want to see someone who can actually play the game then make sure to watch him. He is not inventing anything new but at least he mostly play optimal, mistake free blood bowl.

Cpt Stabbin
Jul 16, 2003

I ride zee boat and take it in zee poopah!

MRLOLAST posted:

Jimmyfantastic from fumbbl seems now to be streaming bb2 almost every night.There was almost 90 people watching yesterday which is crazy. Anyways he is a good player and if you want to see someone who can actually play the game then make sure to watch him. He is not inventing anything new but at least he mostly play optimal, mistake free blood bowl.

The sage also streams pretty much every night he has the top NAF DE team. He mentioned he also played FUMBBL.
He can come off a bit douchy at times but I picked up a lot on my own play from him. He explains a lot of why he does as he do during his streams. Well worth watching.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

If those two get a lot of views, it's not unimaginable that the average player ability improves a bit.

Right now BB2 players consider cknoor a great player (rather than simply not incompetent, and a really nice nice guy, which is the reality). It would be nice to see a tougher average opponent right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Cpt Stabbin posted:

The sage also streams pretty much every night he has the top NAF DE team. He mentioned he also played FUMBBL.
He can come off a bit douchy at times but I picked up a lot on my own play from him. He explains a lot of why he does as he do during his streams. Well worth watching.

Do they actually play against good players or is it the usual just stomping on new players?

• Locked thread