Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HR vs NIP should be a really good match today, both teams are doing really well and HR's new line up finally looking pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kIDDBXWlk
holy poo poo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

This made me harder than super space superman diamonds

I want to play this NOW

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

holy gently caress friberg D:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oskar earning his place.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Oskar is just amazing. I've been following his rise since I caught the game he was a try-out in for HR, it's been fantastic. I watched him and Olof in an FPL game via olof's stream the other day, and he honestly seems like Olof-2. Incredible aim, good positioning, and a chill dude on the mic. CS needs more chill dudes who are top of the pack.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HR looked really good in that map even though they lost, NIP clearly made a deal with the swedish devil for all of the Fnatic luck/skill.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Allu 21 kills on the first half. :drat:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It sucks that HR didn't qualify for Cluj. They would have been a team to watch.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

symbolic posted:

It sucks that HR didn't qualify for Cluj. They would have been a team to watch.

I've always found them to be really entertaining to watch. Hope they'll do well in the near future.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Device saving that AWP was one of the most impressive things I've seen all day.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Device saving that AWP was one of the most impressive things I've seen all day.
Yeah, he was a man on a mission.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

I do pretty ok as long as I rebind poo poo to my mouse. I'm never gonna be noscope mlg pro but that's ok.

And not hosed up, per se, just missing my forearm and hand on the left.

If this isn't you on reddit, this post got a bunch of useful responses two weeks ago and is amazingly the exact same question: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3njn1b/lost_my_left_hand_6_months_ago_help_me_figure_out/

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
NiP is back baby

Couldn't get my skins in time to make another bet though gently caress you CSGL

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
This footboard thing looks kind of awesome http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Gaming-Footboard-Foot-Controller/dp/B00EOPT5ZS

I have both of my hands but I would like a way to effortlessly spam tired chat macros while gameing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

God dammit NiP, stop being good. :(

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Friendly reminder that online results right before a major are always loving whacky

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Stumbletron posted:

Friendly reminder that online results right before a major are always loving whacky

strat saving is definitely a thing but i'm not quite sure what the gently caress fnatic is doing.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

this is why i still play cs

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Luffles posted:

this is why i still play cs

But you didn't even get the Glock drop :negative:

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

fennesz posted:

But you didn't even get the Glock drop :negative:

my pennies noooo

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My smurf is higher than my main O_O. Mac 10 does wonders.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Audax posted:

Same. Solo queue account is higher than the one I usually five stack on.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Dispersal posted:

Same. Solo queue account is higher than the one I usually five stack on.

Anything above a 2 stack will pull you down. This is a fact.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Audax posted:

Yeah, that is amazing how that works. I think my 2nd account is DMG, and my main account is MG1.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Compettitive is weird. I just bottom fragged. went 15-19... Our team won 16-14, and yet they liked me and kept berating this other guy that had 2nd most frags on our team, because he didnt communicate as well. And I communicate like poo poo because I'm drunk. Plus, we went 10-5 on CT side Dust 2, and then everyone kept dicking around T side assuming we would win.... and when the other team went up 14-13 they got all pissy and one guy dropped.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

As long as you're relatively close to the rest your team in frags, bottom fragging isn't that big of a deal. It's all about getting the important round winning kills and providing good info to your team. Most importantly, provide good vibes.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

MrSmokes posted:

As long as you're relatively close to the rest your team in frags, bottom fragging isn't that big of a deal. It's all about getting the important round winning kills and providing good info to your team. Most importantly, provide good vibes.
I was definitely the only person providing good vibes by mic. And the two times they pushed B I shut them down (One time I just fired blindly into my smoke and killed 3 guys somehow? The other they pushed right through the smoke and ....). So, I guess I did ok. It's probably time I played a competitive match sober.

but it raises a question:
I do ok playing B site on dust 2, but I never know how to rotate towards A site. I usually end up pushing through CT spawn and getting picked from someone at cross. Is this just based on info from your team or is there a good way to move from b to a?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Capt. Sticl posted:

I was definitely the only person providing good vibes by mic. And the two times they pushed B I shut them down (One time I just fired blindly into my smoke and killed 3 guys somehow? The other they pushed right through the smoke and ....). So, I guess I did ok. It's probably time I played a competitive match sober.

but it raises a question:
I do ok playing B site on dust 2, but I never know how to rotate towards A site. I usually end up pushing through CT spawn and getting picked from someone at cross. Is this just based on info from your team or is there a good way to move from b to a?

You need to be aware of where the other team is, and where your teammates are. You will know what's been cleared already based on which ways they went. That comes with having good teammates though. Take some time and queue with players whom are much better than you, and play passively. This will give you an idea of how calls and rotates work with teams.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Capt. Sticl posted:

Compettitive is weird. I just bottom fragged. went 15-19... Our team won 16-14, and yet they liked me and kept berating this other guy that had 2nd most frags on our team, because he didnt communicate as well. And I communicate like poo poo because I'm drunk. Plus, we went 10-5 on CT side Dust 2, and then everyone kept dicking around T side assuming we would win.... and when the other team went up 14-13 they got all pissy and one guy dropped.

Maybe they were making fun of you but you didn't realize because you don't understand social cues?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Thorgot posted:

If this isn't you on reddit, this post got a bunch of useful responses two weeks ago and is amazingly the exact same question: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3njn1b/lost_my_left_hand_6_months_ago_help_me_figure_out/

Whoa, yah, that's not me, but some good advice in there. I was born with mine and been gaming my whole life, no :black101: bacterial infection here.

Think I'll save up for some footpedals because those are super cool.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 16, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Capt. Sticl posted:

I play B a lot on goonmans and do well most of the time. First thing is that if B is quiet and there's a lot happening mid and long A, you want to consider moving to B doors or B window.

Once it's time to rotate, one of the best things you can do is boost a teammate elevator if Ts aren't yet in site and if the cross is smoked. If it's too late for that or I don't have a teammate then I go cat because it's quick and has better angles than going thru CT spawn. But Ts know this and will often leave someone watching mid doors from cat, lower B tuns or T spawn, so you have to be careful.

I know pros will go CT spawn, and some good players on goonmans do as well, but imho its very difficult.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

needs better bhopping imo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bored at work watching some nerd with a bucket on his head get 3 grand in donations for trading up a bunch of money worth of skins the CS life.

Edit: He got an M4 x-ray

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 16, 2015

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
How do you guys have jobs where you can literally watch people play video games at work?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Seriously. I barely even get home in time to be able to watch one or two tier2/3 teams, let alone the good European poo poo.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
I work at a desk and my job is primarily reactive. I confirm bugs that get reported and pass them on to our development team.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

How do you guys have jobs where you can literally watch people play video games at work?

I have a job where I am the boss and do whatever I want at all times

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My job is basically to fix things when they break, so when things are running smooth it's boring, but when they break it's stressful as poo poo and people are yelling.

hello internet posted:

I have a job where I am the boss and do whatever I want at all times

Could... could you kill a man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

My job is basically to fix things when they break, so when things are running smooth it's boring, but when they break it's stressful as poo poo and people are yelling.

Could... could you kill a man?

Yes

• Locked thread