Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Le Saboteur posted:

When you spend all day taking punches from the strongest man in the world you end up having an iron chin.

I have this image of Mark Henry's MMA training consisting of lifting heavy and mean mugging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Elemennop posted:

I don't think any of the people that joined Edmond's gym have really degenerated (Ellenberger had the same problems before he joined Edmond's gym, those girls all sucked), but the fact that there hasn't been a single fighter aside from Rousey who has actually improved under him is damning enough for a coach.

He's probably garbage but it's still not BJ Penns moms place to call him out.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Hey guys stop me if this sounds crazy but I think Ronda's mom might be an absolute nutjob

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Francisco Trevino might be the best example of how to be a complete gently caress up when it comes to MMA

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

CarlCX posted:

The difference is Brock actually had an okay chin, it was just his reaction to getting hit that sucked. He's still the only dude Shane Carwin didn't Actually Murder when he hit him.

JDS said that Carwin hit him absurdly hard. If you watch it you can actually see where carwin hits him with a left hook and his eyes kinda roll back for a second, but JDS reacts pretty much as well as you can to getting hit so he just resumed with his rear end beating.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Hey guys stop me if this sounds crazy but I think Ronda's mom might be an absolute nutjob

Honestly it's a lot easier to think that a gym mostly known for being run by and producing hyper aggressive Armenian morons is in fact, a bad gym.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dangersim posted:

JDS said that Carwin hit him absurdly hard. If you watch it you can actually see where carwin hits him with a left hook and his eyes kinda roll back for a second, but JDS reacts pretty much as well as you can to getting hit so he just resumed with his rear end beating.

That's true. I always forget JDS took some shots in that fight because when I think about it all I remember is Carwin looking like someone hit him with a truck.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm going to support ronda's mom's desire to make fun of travis browne and an armenian guy as long as what she's saying is at least probably correct

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

Comparing the 4 horse women (lmao) to machida and jacare and overeem

who is comparing them? i'm just saying that having a not great chin doesn't necessarily preclude you from being a successful fighter

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wonder what else Ronda's mom thinks about any other topic because this one about her daughter's coach is riveting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

I wonder what else Ronda's mom thinks about any other topic because this one about her daughter's coach is riveting

I believe she's still single, so your rapier wit might get you somewhere.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bean Fried posted:

He's also worked with the 4 Horsewomen, who have professionally gone 1-7 since he started that.
No they've not they've gone 6-7.

coconono posted:

I believe she's still single, so your rapier wit might get you somewhere.
Did her second husband kill himself too?

Zwachro fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 15, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda Rousey Discussion thread please

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Merge it with the cm punk to ufc thread.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda Rousey is as dominant an athlete as any athlete in any sport today. I wonder if she could beat up a man?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Can you believe some trolls pretend they don't know she doesn't have an H after the R in her name? That's just trolling right there, plain and simple. Everyone knows how to spell her name. She's a cross-over superstar.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda is a role-model for other women to get into the sport. Inspired by her success, young girls looking up to her now will start training MMA younger, and the talent pool will deepen over time, even if its admittedly a bit thin right now, although many of the fighters are good, its just that Ronda is so much better, its making them look bad. *jerks off*

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The baddest woman on the planet

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Joe Rogan starting to breakdown during the post fight interview

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dangersim posted:

Nah say it ain't so. I'm not saying that anything she says is wrong, but she's always seemed a little off her rocker.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Skip My Posts posted:

It's funny to refer to 3 bums and Ronda as the 4 horsewomen

They never specified who they correspond to, so you can just pretend that they mean Paul Roma, Mongo, Jeff Jarrett, and Ric Flair.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Bundt Cake posted:

R̼̯͙͎̂̚͢o̼̒̊̑n̢͖̬̔d̮͎͔̼̳́a͉ :words:

Oh just embrace it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTrUzo4r9o&t=300s

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I haven't kept up to date with the thread this month so not sure if this has already been posted, but if you're like me and have been trying to track down a good quality version of this for ages, I had to post again.

Finally a high quality version of Baba O'Riley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgZUDxMcLU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bundt Cake posted:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bundt Cake posted:

this is the rowdy ronda rousey discussion forum

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
in life's most intimate and precious moments, johny hendricks remains clutching a burger menu at all times https://sqor.com/posts/79a68375-d729-47c3-b88b-e7e5c04fcfc9

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

in life's most intimate and precious moments, johny hendricks remains clutching a burger menu at all times https://sqor.com/posts/79a68375-d729-47c3-b88b-e7e5c04fcfc9
lol this is literally what's happening. he's depressed

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I'm watching the Rampage Twitch stream right now as he's playing the UFC game, he just learned how to successfully take down Ryan Bader

edit: "what the gently caress is Dolce doing in my corner" :lol::lol:

Dancing Peasant fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 16, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
you could see him desperately trying to figure out how much time he had to be excited about this before ordering

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Grandmaster.flv fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 16, 2015

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[greg jackson voice] hey john! john! johny hendricks! johny hendricks! god damnit. johny, go hug your wife

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

attackmole posted:

this is the rowdy ronda rousey discussion forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQWNGbzhu8

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I cannot wait to find out what really dorky hobby Joanna Champion has. I hope she's a keen Warhammer player or something.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Snowman_McK posted:

I cannot wait to find out what really dorky hobby Joanna Champion has. I hope she's a keen Warhammer player or something.

She's going to lose the title when she doesn't have enough rest because she slept on the street waiting for the new Jordans.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Snowman_McK posted:

Summer camp arts and crafts

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Snowman_McK posted:

Tolkien cosplay

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

She's going to lose the title when she doesn't have enough rest because she slept on the street waiting for the new Jordans.

Lorenzo sends her shoes by the truckload so this will never be a problem for her ever again.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25lN-UCq6PE

Anyone speak Polish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Where is a pale horse when you need him?

• Locked thread