Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It just needs to be the Fleet idle stance to make 90% of people happy. Make it change to generic when you're in combat.

According to that Wiki link, the default stance for Guardians is the lovely, not useful in real combat baby Jedi stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

It just needs to be the Fleet idle stance to make 90% of people happy. Make it change to generic when you're in combat.

According to that Wiki link, the default stance for Guardians is the lovely, not useful in real combat baby Jedi stance.

I'm beginning to question this game's realism

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

The run animation for them is the worst part. Jugg just looks so much better it's not even a contest.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Related to goofy stances; whoever designed the Veiled strikes animation for concealment operative deserves a promotion. It turns him from the "I gently caress you! I gently caress you!" guy from the big lebowski, flailing around and jabbing wildly into Jason Bourne. You actually look like you're kind of badass with a knife, I like it.

It also suits my Big Boss CQC dressup costume quite nicely too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Hey, hey, hey, it's useful in real combat:

The key to truly mastering Soresu seemed to come from grasping the concepts and philosophy of the form rather than adhering to its tactics and maneuvers. While Kenobi displayed a strong preference for Soresu, he continued to apply elements of the relentlessly dogged Form I as well as the erratic strokes and acrobatics of Ataru. At one point just before the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Mace Windu acknowledged Obi-Wan Kenobi as "the master of Soresu."[5]

("Form I" is the default Jedi one.)

(Why can't I stop reading about this poo poo?)

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Because it's Friday, you're bored at work, and want to go home to get more out of 12x before it goes away.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I played this game on launch, but used my Army email address. Since I'm out of the Army and don't have access to that email, is there any way to recover my old account? I don't think I was even max level, so would I be losing out on much if I just made a new one?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bait and Swatch posted:

I played this game on launch, but used my Army email address. Since I'm out of the Army and don't have access to that email, is there any way to recover my old account? I don't think I was even max level, so would I be losing out on much if I just made a new one?

Give their support phone number a call, they're usually pretty good about helping out as long as you have your old account details.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it possible to regear in an easy way between now and the expansion if I want to change from dps spec to healer spec? I assume I can't get ziost gear again?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

Hey, hey, hey, it's useful in real combat:

The key to truly mastering Soresu seemed to come from grasping the concepts and philosophy of the form rather than adhering to its tactics and maneuvers. While Kenobi displayed a strong preference for Soresu, he continued to apply elements of the relentlessly dogged Form I as well as the erratic strokes and acrobatics of Ataru. At one point just before the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Mace Windu acknowledged Obi-Wan Kenobi as "the master of Soresu."[5]

("Form I" is the default Jedi one.)

I like that soresu form makes my jedi do that dumb pose Ewan Mcgregor does in Ep 3.

Beyond that I don't care about lightsaber stances.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

sassassin posted:

I like that soresu form makes my jedi do that dumb pose Ewan Mcgregor does in Ep 3.

Beyond that I don't care about lightsaber stances.

Aren't lightsaber stances just "click stance appropriate to your spec, never click on a stance again unless you change spec" ?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Is it possible to regear in an easy way between now and the expansion if I want to change from dps spec to healer spec? I assume I can't get ziost gear again?

Just use the same gear. You'll have a bit high accuracy but not enough it's going to be a big deal unless you're doing HM content.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Aren't lightsaber stances just "click stance appropriate to your spec, never click on a stance again unless you change spec" ?

Yes, but they have a short little unique pose when you do activate them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Cythereal posted:

Yes, and I wish they would change this in 4.0 so that each spec could maybe use two stances (other than tank stances) so you'd have a little more variation in what you want to do. Then again the stances pretty much all boil down to:

Tank
DoT
Burst
Heal
Weird burst hybrid with movement speed or Alacrity that's clearly for PvP

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
You used to have sort of a point in switching stances. But now it's ridiculous, they've so streamlined everything that switching out of Soresu (as tank spec) makes you worse at both defense and damage. :psyduck:

Jan fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 16, 2015

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
So I'm running through the story, with my character using adaptive gear as recommended, and the problem I have now is that my Khem Val is getting his rear end WHOOPED by mobs.

Is there a cost effective way to gear him up so he isn't dying (and in turn, getting me killed)? Am I just not using my Sith Sorceror rotation effectively enough to prevent him from dying?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wait four days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Wait four days.

Yeah, or just buy gear for him just like yourself. It's 50 basic comms to fully not out a character it companion, which you should be able to do one of each about every 4 levels assuming you're choosing comms as a reward

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I was so lazy about upgrading companion gear I just always used whichever companion joined most recently, since they brought their own current gear.

When I got to Corellia I finally got Ensign Temple some new gear since SCORPIO was dying all the time.

EDIT: SCORPIO rules though-- "Your wounds are fatal. (beat) How does that make you feel?"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also--double check to make sure he's in tank stance, because some companions are stanceless by default when you first get them.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

MikeyLikesIt posted:

So I'm running through the story, with my character using adaptive gear as recommended, and the problem I have now is that my Khem Val is getting his rear end WHOOPED by mobs.

Is there a cost effective way to gear him up so he isn't dying (and in turn, getting me killed)? Am I just not using my Sith Sorceror rotation effectively enough to prevent him from dying?

If he's going to go the distance you should put static shell on him to absorb some of the punishing fire. Once you get the chance to choose a optional perk that heals with that bubble up, it can really cut downtime on you and him.

Or just zap them harder! :science:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Thanks guys!

I really want to get this character to at least 50 before the expansion comes out so I'm probably gonna get some comm gear for him.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also--double check to make sure he's in tank stance, because some companions are stanceless by default when you first get them.

Totally didn't know this. I'll check on his tank stance setting.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My hotkeys/layout/rotation on my lightning sorc was totally hosed ever since I tried rearranging it a while back. Took reading the dulfy guide carefully to get it back in order. Just in time for 4.0 to gently caress everything up probably. Sometimes I wish this game had less buttons.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Thanks guys!

I really want to get this character to at least 50 before the expansion comes out so I'm probably gonna get some comm gear for him.

Totally didn't know this. I'll check on his tank stance setting.

One thing worth noting though is that a tank companion, by the late game, is always going to come out of a fight about half health at best. As long as you don't need to heal, though, you're faster either mounting and dismounting, or dismissing and resummoning (when indoors), than you would be using your recuperation ability to heal your companion, because either of those return your companion to full health.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Reveilled posted:

One thing worth noting though is that a tank companion, by the late game, is always going to come out of a fight about half health at best. As long as you don't need to heal, though, you're faster either mounting and dismounting, or dismissing and resummoning (when indoors), than you would be using your recuperation ability to heal your companion, because either of those return your companion to full health.

Also awesome to know, he was coming out of fights near death and I had to Seethe after every fight. I'll just do that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Upcoming event and conquest schedule!

Event
Oct-20 Bounty Contract Week
Nov-10 Rakghoul
Nov-24 Bounty Contract Week
Dec-8 Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul
Dec-22 Bounty Contract Week
Jan-12 Rakghoul
Jan-26 Bounty Contract Week
*Also you can see some of our event rewards, in Archive from our live stream.

Conquests
Oct-20 Death Mark
Oct-27 Flashpoint Havoc
Nov-3 Titans of Industry
Nov-10 Rakghoul Resurgence Ald
Nov-17 Revenge of the Revanites
Nov-24 Death Mark
Dec-1 The Trade Emporium
Dec-8 Relics of the Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul Resurgence Tat
Dec-22 Death Mark
Dec-29 The Balance of Power
Jan-5 The Dread War
Jan-12 Rakghoul Resurgence Cor
Jan-19 Emergency Operations
Jan-26 Death Mark

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've still never really done any of these events apart from just dipping my toes in the water. I need to stop futzing around with alts and actually try some of this poo poo.

I'll do it just as soon as I'm done leveling my latest alt

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
So uh I didnt remember to pick up any Crew Skills until I was level 30 so now I'm running around on Alderaan and and I'm way underskilled for salvaging poo poo. Do I have to back all the way up to Korriban and start salvaging there to get this poo poo leveled?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

go3 posted:

So uh I didnt remember to pick up any Crew Skills until I was level 30 so now I'm running around on Alderaan and and I'm way underskilled for salvaging poo poo. Do I have to back all the way up to Korriban and start salvaging there to get this poo poo leveled?

Nah, just send your companions out on missions. Or wait a week and it all changes anyway.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Medullah posted:

Nah, just send your companions out on missions. Or wait a week and it all changes anyway.

What crafting changes are there?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Medullah posted:

Chancellor, procrastination is our speciality!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

What crafting changes are there?

With regard to gathering, you will be able to gather from any node you see, on any planet--your skill just determines the reward you get.

So if you have bioanalysis level 1, you can click that node on yavin 4, it's just gonna be green goo. And if you're bio 500, you can click a node on korriban and get...i dunno, red goo? I never leveled bio that high.

Should make slicing really nice to have!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I hope they finally change that Heroic 4 on Section X so I can finally turn in that weekly.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ainsley McTree posted:

With regard to gathering, you will be able to gather from any node you see, on any planet--your skill just determines the reward you get.

So if you have bioanalysis level 1, you can click that node on yavin 4, it's just gonna be green goo. And if you're bio 500, you can click a node on korriban and get...i dunno, red goo? I never leveled bio that high.

That sounds ton better then wow currently is with just getting petals or nuggets that you make to one ore. It's annoying at higher levels.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've still never really done any of these events apart from just dipping my toes in the water. I need to stop futzing around with alts and actually try some of this poo poo.

I'll do it just as soon as I'm done leveling my latest alt

Yeah that's pretty much me.

Have some dressup!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

:siren:With KOTFE launching next week, I'm running a contest:siren:

The Prize: An unlock token for the Togruta species! A 600cc or ~$1.3 million (on the GTN currently) value! Note that this unlock is account-wide!

The Rules:

1. Send an in-game mail to Xodiac with your SA name in it from the character you wish to enter into the contest.
2. Character must be a current member in good standing of TNG. By good standing, I mean you at least have the comment section on your character filled with your SA name*
3. Post a picture of a character (Imp or repub) in this thread showcasing your best outfit.
4. I'm going on the honor system here but please do not enter the contest if you already have this unlock. I'm not looking for people who will simply resell the token on the GTN. Sorry people who already have it :(
5. Only one entry per person.

I'll be choosing a winner at random on or near the 20th and mailing the token to them then.

Good luck!

*FYI if you don't have this, ask anyone with the rank of Major or above to fill it in the guild page next to your name. If you're a Major, you can do it yourself. Those that don't have this entry filled have a greater chance to be guild kicked by Medullah on one of his drunken rampages :eng101:

Hulk Smash! posted:

:siren:Tell you what. I'll add something cool for the people who already have a Togruta. So, if you want in on the above contest but already have a Togruta, follow the same steps but add "I already have Togruta" to the in-game email you send Xodiac. I'll enter you in a separate random draw for something cool(tm):siren:

Still about 4 days to get in on this thing! :)

Victory Yodel
Jan 28, 2005

When in Jerusalem, I highly suggest you visit the sexeteria.
Thought I'd retry this since I'm looking to kill some time -- haven't played since launch. Used someone's referral link and made it to level 15 as a warrior, seems more fun than I remember. A couple of questions--

1) Is there any room in the Imperial guild? I played Republic at launch so I thought I'd switch it up.
2) I have a bunch of stuff on characters from launch--is there any way to send stuff across factions?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I thought skill determined the amount you got, not the type of reward. Skill 1 on Yavin gets one whatever the hell is the highest level thing for Bio from a node while a 500 skill gets ten. Skill 500 goes to Korriban and gets 20 green goo while the skill 100 gets 3-4 and the skill 1 gets 1. Something like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Victory Yodel posted:

Thought I'd retry this since I'm looking to kill some time -- haven't played since launch. Used someone's referral link and made it to level 15 as a warrior, seems more fun than I remember. A couple of questions--

1) Is there any room in the Imperial guild? I played Republic at launch so I thought I'd switch it up.
2) I have a bunch of stuff on characters from launch--is there any way to send stuff across factions?

1) Yes
2) Sure, you can mail stuff to your own alts if it's not bound to your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Upcoming event and conquest schedule!

Event
Oct-20 Bounty Contract Week
Nov-10 Rakghoul
Nov-24 Bounty Contract Week
Dec-8 Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul
Dec-22 Bounty Contract Week
Jan-12 Rakghoul
Jan-26 Bounty Contract Week
*Also you can see some of our event rewards, in Archive from our live stream.

Conquests
Oct-20 Death Mark
Oct-27 Flashpoint Havoc
Nov-3 Titans of Industry
Nov-10 Rakghoul Resurgence Ald
Nov-17 Revenge of the Revanites
Nov-24 Death Mark
Dec-1 The Trade Emporium
Dec-8 Relics of the Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul Resurgence Tat
Dec-22 Death Mark
Dec-29 The Balance of Power
Jan-5 The Dread War
Jan-12 Rakghoul Resurgence Cor
Jan-19 Emergency Operations
Jan-26 Death Mark

Rakghoul 3 months in a row? :stare: Maybe I will finally get the last pet I need.

• Locked thread