Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is Apple Music worth anything? Spotify seems like it's still the more usable music app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if I listened to music that wasn't 20 year old mixtapes and had wifi at work I'd probably pay for it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i like apple music just because i don't have to go into private mode if i want to listen to Some Weird Artist over and over and dont want everyone to know

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fits my needs posted:

is Apple Music worth anything? Spotify seems like it's still the more usable music app.

the curated playlists are p. good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it's cheaper to have 1 Apple Music sub than 2 spotify premium subs.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also the curated playlists are better.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i wish there was an option to listen to Beats 1 but with swears tho

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i don't like most of beats 1

but if they could make it 24/7 st vincent and elton john that would be cool

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
postin from a 64gb hugephone 6s plus in space gray :kamina:

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 16, 2015

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Necronomoticon posted:

postin from a 64gb hugephone 6s plus in space gray :kamina:

do you have the inferior Samsung or a TSMC master race ?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

also the curated playlists are better.

it seems like a bunch of curators just fell off the face of the earth tho, i want to be able to follow some unemployed music snob who has the time to make a dozen playlists a day. also apple reuses way too many loving songs on their playlists. loving harlem shake is on like six playlists i have rn

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theflyingexecutive posted:

it seems like a bunch of curators just fell off the face of the earth tho, i want to be able to follow some unemployed music snob who has the time to make a dozen playlists a day. also apple reuses way too many loving songs on their playlists. loving harlem shake is on like six playlists i have rn

you gotta keep pushing the heart button on songs/playlists you dig so it keeps evolving

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

you gotta keep pushing the heart button on songs/playlists you dig so it keeps evolving

are there playlists that aren't listed under their genres? i need to get them ahead of time so i can download them for the subway

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

"well we could have the charger cable mag safe to the front, flush w/ the bottom. then they could use it while its charging"
"NO NO NO! IM JONNY IVES AND I WANT A HUGE BOX FOR IT TO REST ON! THE MOUSE NEEDS REST IN ORDER TO RECHARGE!"

god drat you're dumb

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you can justify it's poor positioning all you want as some kind of planned feature but we know it's just a "wgaf" move by apple

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I don't know what you mean.

there's no space anywhere else for it without reducing touch surface space and it charges 9 hours in like 5 mins?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i guess plugging things in very awkwardly to get a pittance of usable time is now a regular thing with apple

here's a nutty thought: design them properly so you don't have to constantly plug them in, or at the very least make them convenient to plug in

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

once a month you have to plug a thing in over night

that's what your gripe is

I do this every day with my iPhone

and with my current Apple keyboard have to remove and then recharge the batteries in a separate device so in no way is this not and improvement

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jiony ive the worlds best designer couldnt think of abetter way huh

Stymie posted:

here's a nutty thought: design them properly

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it warns you when the battery is low so just plug it in that night and you're good

maybe they didn't want people using it while plugged in since it's bad form e battery if they do that constantly

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

but yeah I wish it was usable plugged in too

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my g700 can be used while plugged in but I would happily lose that if the battery lasted a month instead of a day or two

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
discharging batteries is bad for them. charge fully every second

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

THC posted:

my g700 can be used while plugged in but I would happily lose that if the battery lasted a month instead of a day or two

the g700s? it's a single AA and runs a laser and talks to the dongle 1000 times a second or something so yeah

i mean at least it's an eneloop

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
it's only a matter of time

stick a cellphone-tier charging circuit and half of a cellphone battery in any other mouse design and you'll get the same result as the magic mouse 2, it just wouldn't help the g700s very much because of what it is

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
speaking of apple aids watch

el crapitan has relatively automagically detected and enabled my non-airport as time machine backup target

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

steve jobs apple totally would never make a terrible mouse for aesthetic reasons

this time cook guy is really loving things up!!!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the UI for apple music loving blows though. why is it so terrible?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the mighty mouse was okay except for its 2 foot cord and the ball dying after 6 months. the rounded adb mice were fine for what they were.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

I don't know what you mean.

there's no space anywhere else for it without reducing touch surface space and it charges 9 hours in like 5 mins?

theres space on the front but apple has hacks for designers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho tbh they should make the mouse usable before thinking about how to charge it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fits my needs posted:

just the fact that you can't shuffle all songs without playing a song first is p. bad imo

also why the gently caress can i still not shuffle by album? come the HECK on, apple

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

fits my needs posted:

eddy cue

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Necc0 posted:

just the fact that you can't shuffle all songs without playing a song first is p. bad imo

they fixed this in 9.0. pull down when you're in the library view.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

who would use a stock mouse anyways? i'm eying the magic trackpad 2, that seems like a real deal good product worth using

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the magic trackpad is cool and good

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Endless Mike posted:

they fixed this in 9.0. pull down when you're in the library view.

nice

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Even this dumb looking Razer mouse had the right idea http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-orochi

Wireless mouse with charging port on the front where a cord would normally be, and when you plug it in not only does it charge the mouse but it also switches the mouse to being driven over USB instead of Bluetooth and increases the polling from 125hz to 1000hz

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

people itt still talking like apple hasn't consistently made terrible mice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Magic Mouse is Good

• Locked thread