Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Biked 55 miles and got massive debilitating quad cramps on hills at the end. I have a vitamin D deficiency apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I just started cycling very recently. Are your legs supposed to give up before your cardio? I don't get why mine do, I do legs once a week and pretty much had never done cardio before now so it's weird that when I ride it's normally my sore legs holding me back not my exhaustion.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If your legs are giving out before your lungs, you're probably working too hard. You should downshift before you start straining your quads. If you cycle as though you were doing lunges/squats you'll blow out your legs before you hit 15 miles.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've been biking for 5 years and I've always been limited by legs so I think that's pretty normal. Do make sure your seat is raised high enough though. You should be able to almost completely straighten your leg when sitting on your bike and you should not be able to touch the ground with your feet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah poor saddle height/positioning and incorrect use of gears can gently caress you long before you should be hosed.

Riding with the saddle down is like walking around half squatting, poo poo ain't right.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oddly pulling a muscle in my lower back opening my garage door has resulted in finally getting deadlift.. Since if I do it wrong it hurts like gently caress. I like this strategy.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Oh man, just finished the lower body power with out. Squats and deadlifts on same day. Pain.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ill move volume day a day forward, no big deal, recovery day is pretty easy

:rip:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Forgive me swolethread, for I have thinned. It has been three months since my last lift.

Finished all of this moving bullshit and joined a new gym. It's definitely a scrub gym (Fitness 19), but its cheap and mostly empty. I am in better shape than most of the guys but worse than a few of the girls, so its probably actually a good gym. I prob lost about 30% of my abilities, so I'm chugging whole milk and whole eggs right now.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

FogHelmut posted:

Forgive me swolethread, for I have thinned. It has been three months since my last lift.

Finished all of this moving bullshit and joined a new gym. It's definitely a scrub gym (Fitness 19), but its cheap and mostly empty. I am in better shape than most of the guys but worse than a few of the girls, so its probably actually a good gym. I prob lost about 30% of my abilities, so I'm chugging whole milk and whole eggs right now.

Keep at it swolebro, just consider it an extended recovery break. Hit the weights hard and you'll be back where you were. Also, if anyone hasn't tried them yet, MyProtein's chocolate pancakes are amazing as a snack.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you like pancakes then check out Bisquick. Really good poo poo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ruined my workout because I am an enormous idiot and misracked the plates. Too bad getting swole does not make you any smarter.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
incidentally, i had pancake today

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.kodiakcakes.com/

I got these at costco and they are pretty good when you make w/ egg and whole milk and cook in butter. I wanna make waffles with them but I need to get a good waffle iron.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

bamhand posted:

Ruined my workout because I am an enormous idiot and misracked the plates. Too bad getting swole does not make you any smarter.

I did a stupid once. Had 3 plates on each side of the squat rack. Yeah so I learned that day that you can't remove 3 plates all from one side before removing the other side... I mean I knew that but just loving spaced as I was dying, breathing hard and fuzzy from finishing my sets.

Thankfully it wasn't too busy so I didn't clunk anyone.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Oh lord I'm always super nervous that one side of the barbell is gonna fly up and take off half my head like that, makes me extremely careful about unracking plates.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

notZaar posted:

Oh lord I'm always super nervous that one side of the barbell is gonna fly up and take off half my head like that, makes me extremely careful about unracking plates.

for most default width squat racks, you can have 2 45's on one side and the other side be empty and still be safe. Anything more than that and you better hustle to the other side because it's going to start coming up.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
So starting a bulk at approximately 12% body fat - good idea, or terrible idea?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Always be bulking

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

FogHelmut posted:

Always be bulking

I bulk so hard I only ever deadlift 1xBW

(gonna hit a 500lbs deadlift soon)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i ate half a chicken yesterday

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think I was bulking last night and now I feel lovely

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

Well ask yourself this: do I want to be ripped, or swollen?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

Is this 12% on a bad rear end beastly frame or 12% on a Dota professional

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
If your weight is under 220 you shouldn't be asking that question and if it's over 220 with 12% bf you shouldn't take advice from a bunch of nerds

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pro level advice from the greatest of all time at 13:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQEUNHJVdQ

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

FogHelmut posted:

Always be bulking

Maybe, but I don't want to be a strongfat. Or a fat. :(

notZaar posted:

Well ask yourself this: do I want to be ripped, or swollen?

Ripped, but preferably while being generally bigger™

ElGroucho posted:

Is this 12% on a bad rear end beastly frame or 12% on a Dota professional

Somewhere in between, I think. See below.

ZigZag posted:

If your weight is under 220 you shouldn't be asking that question and if it's over 220 with 12% bf you shouldn't take advice from a bunch of nerds

My weight is only 145, but so is my bench (I'm shortish at 5'9"), and my squat and deadlift numbers are also acceptable.

I guess bulk is the answer? :ohdear:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yes I recommend double meat from subway on a cold cut combo or spicy italiano

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Get a costco membership

Buy all the chicken

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you eat you're gonna get fat though. Just a fact of life.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

notZaar posted:

If you eat you're gonna get fat though. Just a fact of life.

Tell us more about your eating disorder and fear of getting strong

Actually, don't

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hey man I'm not judging anybody who wants to get fat and swollen. Go hog wild. Just know the facts before you jump in the pool.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Pesmerga posted:

Maybe, but I don't want to be a strongfat. Or a fat. :(

Ripped, but preferably while being generally bigger™

Somewhere in between, I think. See below.

My weight is only 145, but so is my bench (I'm shortish at 5'9"), and my squat and deadlift numbers are also acceptable.

I guess bulk is the answer? :ohdear:

Yeah you should eat yes, then bench then eat and if your bench isn't higher you should eat more. Being ripped and tiny is for beta nerds, as soon as you actually go outside your gonna end up next to a non twink you are gonna feel tiny and worthless.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

looking like brad pitt in fight club is so 2000-late. while its god-tier twink, he isn't more than 150 lbs there.

here are some photos to get you motivated

bonus bear

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 16, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so i went into a GNC to get some fish oil caps as i ran out and was parked infront of one and was like "hey never been in one of those in forever"

never knew i would experience someone trying to upsell me on the TRIPLE EXXXTRA STRENGTH fish oil or whatever.

paid for the cheapest poo poo and walked out after the dude shook my hand after the sale like i bought a new sports car which makes sense since the experience is the same as going to a dealership.

i wish nothing but a swift death to anyone associated with GNC

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Fish oil... "caps"?

Is spoon technology not invented in your country?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
my thighs are as bigger than a baby

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Groke posted:

Fish oil... "caps"?

Is spoon technology not invented in your country?

I use a cup. I put fishoiil in my coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

ZombieParts posted:

I use a cup. I put fishoiil in my coffee

Back some decades ago they used to market a "melt and drink" chocolate bar with fish oil in it. I understand it was not a massive success.

• Locked thread