Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

you can punch them! but if you punch them too firmly youll kill them with a sneaky arm blade instead

accidentally found that one out.

felt like rear end with him bleeding out on the floor there. i even made a groan on the webcam.

also how do i stealth? at that point the xbox controller refused to acknowledge (or maybe i just was mashing the wrong < button) to enlighten me the ways of sneaking. i've been just grabbing a box and being ghetto snake and carrying it with me crouched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
i just started playing twilight princess last week so of course they announce a remake. but i'm playing the gamecube version and the new one will probably have the motion stuff. it'll probably also be a mirror image of the gc version so playing it would slowly drive me insane.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Nitrocat posted:

felt like rear end with him bleeding out on the floor there. i even made a groan on the webcam.

also how do i stealth? at that point the xbox controller refused to acknowledge (or maybe i just was mashing the wrong < button) to enlighten me the ways of sneaking. i've been just grabbing a box and being ghetto snake and carrying it with me crouched.

uhhh just hide behind cover and don't get seen

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why would the wii u remake have motion controls and mirror link :confused:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Action Jacktion posted:

i just started playing twilight princess last week so of course they announce a remake. but i'm playing the gamecube version and the new one will probably have the motion stuff. it'll probably also be a mirror image of the gc version so playing it would slowly drive me insane.

is the remake confirmed? all i saw was rumors

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Ludwig van Halen posted:

uhhh just hide behind cover and don't get seen

literally that's it.

that's the tutorial.

are you telling me my MGS macguyver bullshit is more clever than the tutorial.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

why would the wii u remake have motion controls and mirror link :confused:

my money is on a virtual console release of the wii version haha

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nitrocat posted:

literally that's it.

that's the tutorial.

yeah, game is not that complex

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Nitrocat posted:

Stealth in dx:hr is just not being seen or heard. Running makes more noise, crouching makes none. Enemies turn yellow when suspicious, red when they're coming to wreck your poo poo. Good augs for stealthing include the radar range upgrade and the thing that lets you see enemies fields of vision. There's also run silent and actual cloaking for serious silliness.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Nitrocat posted:

literally that's it.

that's the tutorial.

yeah probably
theres an ability that lets you cloak and turn invisible for a short time, and one for quieter footsteps, stuff like that

but idk the basics of any stealth game is hiding behind cover

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

is the remake confirmed? all i saw was rumors

it's not confirmed confirmed, but nintendo have uploaded assets to their eshop referring to "twilight princess HD"

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Tanith posted:

Stealth in dx:hr is just not being seen or heard. Running makes more noise, crouching makes none. Enemies turn yellow when suspicious, red when they're coming to wreck your poo poo. Good augs for stealthing include the radar range upgrade and the thing that lets you see enemies fields of vision. There's also run silent and actual cloaking for serious silliness.

aw ye thanks, you're a babe.

i'll keep that poo poo in mind since i'm gonna try not to kill anyone in my playthrough.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nitrocat posted:

aw ye thanks, you're a babe.

i'll keep that poo poo in mind since i'm gonna try not to kill anyone in my playthrough.

if you killed dudes during the tutorial it counts against you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
guess how i found that out

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

its a video game, is it that hard to be satisfied by living your life on a 0 kill count?

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

its a video game, is it that hard to be satisfied by living your life on a 0 kill count?

its the challenge really, adds just another dimension to the entire thing.

also forces you to think creatively when you're not very fatal. knocking someone out without aggroing an entire angry mob and dragging that body out of sight. versus pulling out a gun and blowing them away in a couple of shots.

i thought it was lame when i heard it too but then i did it, and it got cool.

thanks for the heads up on the tutorial.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i feel like the batman games give the concept the respect it deserves
"No they're totally alive" *runs over a poor bastard after uppercutting them into a wall ten feet away*

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
holy loving poo poo zone 4 in downwell is a nightmare

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
im surprised by how early i got a non lethal rear end rifle in mgsv. can't wait for the non lethal lmg

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

downwell is real good i love that burst mode where landing on enemies causes them to explode

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i got a steam controller. it kiiiiiiind of seems like a piece of poo poo.

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

i'm not an xbox fan but i find the xbox controller is the easiest to hold and deal with.

plus i have one that has crazy lights and poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah i use a wired 360 controller because my wireless dongle died normally, but i figured MORE CONTROLLERS FOR THE CONTROLLER GOD might be fun

oh well, i got rocket league for free with it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Going lethal in Human Revolution starts out difficult and then rapidly becomes a joke as you upgrade your guns. A maxed out revolver with exploding rounds loving annihilates everything.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Improbable Lobster posted:

im surprised by how early i got a non lethal rear end rifle in mgsv. can't wait for the non lethal lmg

There's a rubber bullet assault rifle you can get pretty quickly, but if you want a silencer in the early game you need the riot smg.

Just don't full-auto with the silencer on, as it'll last approx 0.1 seconds.

In act 2, when people start showing up in riot gear what's people's preferred way for dealing with it (other than blowing up the warehouses)? A dart to the thigh works, but if one spots me and I have my WU out then I generally just reload if I can't sprint to them in time.

E: poo poo, I read "rifle" and thought that you were talking about the tranq sniper. The rest of my comment still stands though

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 16, 2015

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the wireless 360 controller for windows is like $45 on amazon and that's w/ a real receiver instead of the knockoffs

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

the famicom version of the zapper was literally called gun and was a realistic looking toy revolver with a light sensor

lol konami made lightguns for the snes/genesis that were called justifiers (wtf lol) and you could plug the second gun into the first one via RJ-11

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Endless Mike posted:

not surprised, just disappointed.

is the trackpad thing any good at least

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the wireless 360 controller for windows is like $45 on amazon and that's w/ a real receiver instead of the knockoffs

i don't want another wireless 360 controller since the one i have works fine. it's the receiver that died.

at this point, i'm just waiting for the xbone receiver to be released

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

not surprised, just disappointed.

is the trackpad thing any good at least

i haven't actually used it yet, but just holding it is kind of awkward. the face buttons seem a bit too close to the center to really be used comfortably.the flappy buttons on the back are an interesting addition that seem like they could be useful though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the dualshock 4 is very needs suiting on either standard usb or with Bluetooth

no proprietary dongles required

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

i don't want another wireless 360 controller since the one i have works fine. it's the receiver that died.
if you're not afraid of a small possibility of fire, you could fix it yourself pretty easily

cgs: ok tearing through bases with a rocket and grenade launcher is pretty fun, burkov tranq is pretty nice too particularly with that laser sight

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
if NX is using the same architecture as the Wii U, and the Wii, and the loving Gamecube it's dead in the water

both because developers won't want to gently caress with it and because I'm pretty sure that's still 32-bit so say goodbye to the 8gb of RAM from the other consoles

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pirate Jet posted:

if NX is using the same architecture as the Wii U, and the Wii, and the loving Gamecube it's dead in the water

both because developers won't want to gently caress with it and because I'm pretty sure that's still 32-bit so say goodbye to the 8gb of RAM from the other consoles

counterpoint: mario, zelda

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

:smith:

i just got a notification that mine was delivered

we'll see how the steam link works as well

sadly there's no non-lethal lmg

you can stick a 100 round lmg mag on a sniper rifle later though legit

like no customization fuckery required

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
SMH at yosposters prepurchasing untested hardware. You all know better.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

gonadic io posted:

In act 2, when people start showing up in riot gear what's people's preferred way for dealing with it (other than blowing up the warehouses)? A dart to the thigh works, but if one spots me and I have my WU out then I generally just reload if I can't sprint to them in time.

non-leathlty, the stun shotgun is pretty good. its a level 2? branch on the shotgun tree. you can also develop the lethal shotgun to 3 or something to unlock the sliencer, which you can customize the non-lethal version with. other options include flash bangs + cqc/stunarm or d-walker with the arc gun thingy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kuvo posted:

non-leathlty, the stun shotgun is pretty good. its a level 2? branch on the shotgun tree. you can also develop the lethal shotgun to 3 or something to unlock the sliencer, which you can customize the non-lethal version with. other options include flash bangs + cqc/stunarm or d-walker with the arc gun thingy

there are 2 stun shotguns, and the s1000 is the better of the 2

there's 4 versions, grade 3, 4, 5, and 7

7 has a suppressor, though you should be able to sneak one in on the grade 4 iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ayn rand hand job posted:

you should be able to sneak one in on the grade 4 iirc

yup, it's fuckin' great, takes down riot gear dudes even

working on getting a long barrel to put on that for better range

• Locked thread