Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Hopefully the rewards for fractals are not too good.

Won't have anything to worry about there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

One of the things I like about them nerfing the dungeon gold rate is that I dont do dungeons, so basically im poor. And people who do it, are rich. They can convert gold to gems and enjoy the pleasures of life. I cannot, because I wvw. So now they're being knocked down a peg we can all be poor and that makes me happy. Because a lot of items on the trading post are very expensive, due to inflation, due to things like people farming dungeons. This is basically Bernie Sanders waving a big old paw at the naughty dungeon farmers and helping me afford items on a wvw salary. Hopefully the rewards for fractals are not too good.
Source your quotes.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
thats 100% me friend, im happy about the gold nerf, i dont like any focused activity that gets people too wealthy because their hoarded wealth skews makes things too expensive for casuals such as myself. maybe they should tax people on their wealth, hell its not a bad idea, people would invest in expensive items like bolts of damask to keep their money illiquid but it'd be a start.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
mmmmm yes dungeon gold was totally destroying the gw2 economy...

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

maybe they should tax people on their wealth, hell its not a bad idea,

lol

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Its not that crazy of an idea some people have hundreds of thousands of gold and they are manipulating the cost of items on the TP. Thats not fair to the average player.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

this argument sucks and also i have been remiss in posting mapchat in this new thread

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
:stare:

That means that I have been eating carrot cloaka all the time!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I had carrots last night! Oh Lorikeet, I am so sorry. :gonk:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
People complained about the wvw reset change, they changed their minds and made it saturday mornings an even worse time. RIP.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Kessel posted:

this argument sucks and also i have been remiss in posting mapchat in this new thread

Spoilers for the Mordremoth boss fight in HoT, clearly.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ghostpilot posted:

I had carrots last night! Oh Lorikeet, I am so sorry. :gonk:

my people :negative:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Visidan posted:

People complained about the wvw reset change, they changed their minds and made it saturday mornings an even worse time. RIP.

Yeah that's Bad.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Visidan posted:

ha

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Visidan posted:

lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have been playing too much Destiny this past month because shooting spacemans is fun.

Have I missed any more hype-killing poor decisions by ArenaNet? Looking forward to enjoying the open world stuff in HoT, Stronghold, and nothing else :v:

Last I saw they showed off the new legendaries and they look pretty neat though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/news/industry/12519-bad-romance-ncsoft-nexon-divorce-after-whirlwind-4-years

Nexon has apparently sold all their NCsoft stock.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow Nexon must be super pissed about that Saturday reset time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Haha Saturday 11am what the gently caress

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Wait till you have kids; at 11am Ive been up for 6 hours already.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I guess nexon wasn't ready for raids. :smug:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Saturday mornings are for real life activities son, not sleep

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

on saturday mornings there's a 50/50 chance i'll be sleeping in a little bit for my closing shift at work

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm up at 7am no matter what.
It's a disease.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

It's a disease.

Me, too. I caught it when I hit my mid-20s and it's only gotten worse. Please send help.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Visidan posted:

The problem in the first place was that the period right after reset is the most active, and moving it to Saturday night meant less time to play on freshly-reset maps when people were on their day off. Moving it to Saturday is better in that respect, although Friday evening seems like the best (for NA players at least), so I dunno.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Its not that crazy of an idea some people have hundreds of thousands of gold and they are manipulating the cost of items on the TP. Thats not fair to the average player.

But the game has the gem store/conversion between gold and gems allowing poopsockers to sink gold into gems and get hats, rather than strictly drive up the cost of bear asses.
This conversion also lets someone with a life spend their real monies on gold so they can own the bear asses
Pretty princess dress up IS the gold tax.

Inzombiac posted:

It's a disease.

goondolences

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I have a 12-y-o and an 18-y-o.

The former gets out of bed on Saturdays around 11, his older brother gets up about Thursday.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

This is great news. Great, great news.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Good to see that Nexon will continue to not influence GW2 design choices, and we are left only in the hands of a far more trustworthy company, NCSoft.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

You know, the irony in all of this is that if wildstar didn't tank, nexon probably would have kept onto the stock, but because wildstar crashed and burned, nexon probably felt that they weren't going to miss out on much.

So a big thank you to wildstar, for making guild wars 2 a better game.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Oh looks like Action camera stuff snuck out, rad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/

Action camera is pretty great!

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

quote:

Rules will be strict since there is so much money involved - No troll player/guild names (i.e. When Our Lips Touch)

Welp, looks like I'm banned from the pvp things. Also lol at using Yourfriendmarvin's guardian as an example name.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Please do not troll your fellow players with references to 'physically contacting other human beings.'

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So i did my first sPVP match and realized that i sucked, trying to follow my team around and do stuff but man was getting destroyed.

so playing a warrior, changed my amulet to an amulet of ice, changed my signet to one with power/precision/toughness.

Using a sword main hand and axe off hand.

Pretty much was Pushing 2 for -50% movement, 4 for double attack and spins.

Changed my specializations to be strength/arms/discipline

Stomp/Charge/Toughness signet.

Anyone wanna give me some pointers for warrior pvp? felt like i was getting destroyed.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
The new camera stuff from their live stream looks fantastic, the running while looking the opposite direction and all the crazy targeting stuff is rad.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So i did my first sPVP match and realized that i sucked, trying to follow my team around and do stuff but man was getting destroyed.

so playing a warrior, changed my amulet to an amulet of ice, changed my signet to one with power/precision/toughness.

Using a sword main hand and axe off hand.

Pretty much was Pushing 2 for -50% movement, 4 for double attack and spins.

Changed my specializations to be strength/arms/discipline

Stomp/Charge/Toughness signet.

Anyone wanna give me some pointers for warrior pvp? felt like i was getting destroyed.

if you're in SFD, bug Lazy he is usually on the mumble a lot and he can do tutorin

I have no idea how newbie friendly the set up is but here's the yolo build I used to wrap up the title:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRjMdQVI2FCuhApIGICK9Lm+pwCgIYAwT4FWBA-TpBFwAMOEANOCA12fYxDAoaZAAnAAA

Just run around rushin everyone and going kill or be killed. The shield and stances to help when you're getting super focused.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Finally, I can play GW2 with a controller.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Tivac posted:

Oh looks like Action camera stuff snuck out, rad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/

Action camera is pretty great!

Holy poo poo I want this :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Totbot posted:

gently caress HoT, need Pumpkin Hammer.

• Locked thread