Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Did anybody actually start the Saints Defense or know anyone who did? They're FAs in all my leagues and I'm curious if somebody somewhere started them accidentally or unknowingly or whatever and somehow struck gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

OxySnake posted:

After watching the game today, no. Freeman looks really really good. Most of the rest looked like poo poo, but Freeman looks really really good.

Yeah I shouldn't be taking anything away from Freeman. He's a NFL caliber athlete who is a great one cut runner. Those are RBs that I love having on my team because they plant their foot and turn up field. It just so happens Freeman's stats are super inflated because he has unbelievable running room and takes full advantage of it. He's also the nominal checkdown guy in that offense since they keep sending Tamme down seam routes to open up Julio and Hankerson's intermediate game. Also side note to that, Roddy White looked super loving gassed at the end of that game because I think they were using him as a downfield decoy to open up sweeps for Freeman.

According to football reference, Freeman's splits seem to be all big gains on first down, and then he gets more yards the farther they have to go for first down. His 1-3 yards is pathetic at 2.1 but he still scores 4 TDs off of that, so he's getting goal line carries. Look at his rushing play logs. Do Ctrl F and see how many off tackle and off end stuff he runs then compare it to guard. He's a RB that's taking advantage of defenses not accounting for him at all.

I'm pretty sure Freeman comes back down to earth as a runner pretty sooner, but as a threat out of the backfield he's gotta be the #1 PPR RB this year. Ryan checks down to that dude every time regardless of game situation.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Vargo posted:

Well, I was only going to try for like, Gronk, or someone of that tier. But you guys are right, I was just spoiled by those first three weeks of Julio and somehow expected that performance every week.

gronk is great as a TE but Julio will out score him very easily

anyone have input on the trade I mentioned earlier? I would like to hammer out something

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Freeman is pretty good, Coleman looks stronger and faster when he runs and may get more carries when other teams stop sextuple covering julio.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Hazo posted:

Did anybody actually start the Saints Defense or know anyone who did? They're FAs in all my leagues and I'm curious if somebody somewhere started them accidentally or unknowingly or whatever and somehow struck gold.

I started the Falcons D. :smith:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

Atlanta is bound to be shut down one week in which case you will be in for a rough day. Hope it doesnt happen for you in weeks 13-15 when Atlanta has already wrapped up their division.

Yeah, can't expect to ride this gravy train the whole way. The nice thing is Freeman was someone people were already dropping after week 2, so when the glory days end I still have other early round picks that can hopefully finish the job.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just traded brandon lafell for tyrod taylor lol.

in another league, someone has leveon bell, gronk, devonta, aj green, and amari cooper. it's loving sickening. I'd say "it's ok he has bortles and mccown for QBs" but lol of course this worked out nicely for him last week.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hazo posted:

They sat on the FA list in my league.

Also laughing that ESPN has the Indy D projected at negative points. Like, goddamn.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

THE MACHO MAN posted:

gronk is great as a TE but Julio will out score him very easily

anyone have input on the trade I mentioned earlier? I would like to hammer out something

It's a really tricky trade because Megatron is in a bad offense and declining, and Gore is in an offense that is pretty good but seems to be all over the place and he's been fumbling lately.

Have you shopped Gore around?

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Thwomp posted:

I started the Falcons D. :smith:

Same :|

RE: Freeman chat - I tried to pick him up around Week 2 but no one in my league is down to trade except the scrub team.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
CJ Spiller has zero value, right? Feels bad thinking about dropping him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Timett posted:

What makes you think that? Unless there's a clearly better player on the wire, stash.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Timett posted:

Yeah New Orleans has no interest in getting him the ball. I dropped him last week.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Having the best players on the best teams is great all season until yeah, the playoffs weeks when everyone is sat or banged up and tired from the season and you're one a done as the #1 or #2 seed. (Has happened to me at least 4-5 times over the years).

Now if I have a team like that I start to take preventative measures weeks ahead with fringe player waiver pickups or flex guys as starters.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Freeman also got like 10 points in garbage time when he got like three checkdowns in a row and an eventual touchdown. I'm not really sure what they were going for with <2 min and down by 17 but I guess it made some fantasy owners happy (or pissed)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Teeter posted:

Freeman also got like 10 points in garbage time when he got like three checkdowns in a row and an eventual touchdown. I'm not really sure what they were going for with <2 min and down by 17 but I guess it made some fantasy owners happy (or pissed)

They were trying not to turn the ball over because there were literally no open passes down the field... time was an issue sure, but you lose the ball and the game is over.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's a really tricky trade because Megatron is in a bad offense and declining, and Gore is in an offense that is pretty good but seems to be all over the place and he's been fumbling lately.

Have you shopped Gore around?

I have an offer from someone else, Maclin for Gore heads up. and one John Brown for Duke Johnson heads up. The Maclin deal I am not crazy about. Brown is probably fair but I don't know that getting yet another WR3 helps all that much

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

quote:

Theo Riddick (groin) did not practice Friday.
He was limited Thursday. This suggests he suffered the injury in Thursday's practice and puts him in serious doubt for Week 6 against the Bears. If Riddick can't play, Ameer Abdullah will get all the pass-game work.

Well then, Hopefully Abdullah stops fumbling and catches some balls.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I have an offer from someone else, Maclin for Gore heads up. and one John Brown for Duke Johnson heads up. The Maclin deal I am not crazy about. Brown is probably fair but I don't know that getting yet another WR3 helps all that much

You're in standard right? Maclin loses a lot of his shine without catches but with Charles out, maybe this changes? I honestly have no idea with the way the Walrus conducts that team and the questions at RB.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

VietCampo posted:

Well then, Hopefully Abdullah stops fumbling and catches some balls.

Kinda glad my bid for Riddick didn't go through because 1) Lions and 2) no one likes seeing their recent acquisition up and get injured right away.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

LmaoTheKid posted:

You're in standard right? Maclin loses a lot of his shine without catches but with Charles out, maybe this changes? I honestly have no idea with the way the Walrus conducts that team and the questions at RB.

Yup. That was my thought on Maclin as well. The people I am bugging here are probably my best bets for trying to get a trade out of . Everyone else wants stupid poo poo, Lacy or Foster right away for not even top 12 WRs. But at this point, I have some good parts but I am in a 2-3 hole to start due to the Ben injury. Even with him due back I still have issues at WR that I want to address.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is there any reason to start Bradshaw this week in an emergency situation? If Yeldon doesn't play, I'm weak at RB and have to start either him or Antonio Andrews.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

They were trying not to turn the ball over because there were literally no open passes down the field... time was an issue sure, but you lose the ball and the game is over.

Well I get that, I mean that I don't know why they were still pushing it when they were down 3 scores with <2 min. I guess they're just optimistic that they could get two touchdowns, two successful onside kicks, and a fieldgoal in only a handful of plays with no timeouts. My point was that the game already was over.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Vargo posted:

Is there any reason to start Bradshaw this week in an emergency situation? If Yeldon doesn't play, I'm weak at RB and have to start either him or Antonio Andrews.

Start Andrews over Bradshaw

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Teeter posted:

Well I get that, I mean that I don't know why they were still pushing it when they were down 3 scores with <2 min. I guess they're just optimistic that they could get two touchdowns, two successful onside kicks, and a fieldgoal in only a handful of plays with no timeouts. My point was that the game already was over.

They all want to pad their stats too tbh.

Saint just last week were blown out and had an even more garabe td.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
You also can't just give up. It kills morale and even the slimmest chances of winning must be taken.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294579/Week-14-Browns-vs-Patriots-highlights

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You also can't just give up. It kills morale and even the slimmest chances of winning must be taken.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294579/Week-14-Browns-vs-Patriots-highlights

On the onside kick the Browns player touched the ball before ten yards, that is fine for a defender to do right? It is only the kicking team that has to wait 10 yards, right?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

On the onside kick the Browns player touched the ball before ten yards, that is fine for a defender to do right? It is only the kicking team that has to wait 10 yards, right?

Correct, once it's touched by the receiving team, regardless of yardage, it's a live ball.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Kicking team has to wait for the ball to go past 10 yards or if a Receiving team player comes into contact with the ball and turns it into a live ball.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

close to 3 minutes, a timeout, and down 12. Totally, go for it.

When 2 touchdowns both with 2 pt conversions isn't enough, and the 2 minute warning has passed, I think the goose is cooked. 2 TDs and a field goal without any clock stoppage is rough, and I feel like statistically you're much more likely to get a player injured than win that game. Maybe that's why I'm not a head coach though.

Anyway, to bring this back to fantasy discussion. Does Abdullah hold any value in a keeper league? The Maclin owner in my league has literally every WR on his roster with a week 9 bye so I'm trying to work that into a deal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Packers fans: what is the deal with Morgan Burnett? My IDP team is floundering.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

this is funny to me https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/654772839954812928

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I say this as a Watkins owner, I want this guy to be targeted 14 times this week and have 12 of them batted down or picked off.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I'm stacked at RB and could use a WR upgrade in one league, 0ppr. I currently have Le'Veon, Freeman, Ivory, Ingram and CJ2k. Talking to someone right now about CJ2k for Allen Robinson, seems like a good trade?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

dxt posted:

I'm stacked at RB and could use a WR upgrade in one league, 0ppr. I currently have Le'Veon, Freeman, Ivory, Ingram and CJ2k. Talking to someone right now about CJ2k for Allen Robinson, seems like a good trade?

Definitely.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

I say this as a Watkins owner, I want this guy to be targeted 14 times this week and have 12 of them batted down or picked off.

will the real Varg(o) please stand up

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Vargo posted:

I fell into the Thursday trap yet again and started Cooks with James Jones in my flex when I should've started Jones over Cooks at WR and flexed Yeldon/Bradshaw. It's nice being 1-4 and already being in a 15 point hole with a player down :suicide:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Suave Fedora posted:

will the real Varg(o) please stand up

If we're fighting on a rooftop, and you don't know which one to shoot, it's me.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I fell into the Thursday trap yet again and started Cooks with James Jones in my flex when I should've started Jones over Cooks at WR and flexed Yeldon/Bradshaw. It's nice being 1-4 and already being in a 15 point hole with a player down :suicide:

the mistake there was drafting cooks in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I'm totally hosed if Yeldon doesn't start.

I only have Alfred Morris available on my bench.

FA list shows David Johnson, Rashad Jennings, Isaiah Crowell, Chris Thompson, and a bunch of other bottom of the barrel garbage.

Any of those worth a pick up to replace Morris? 1PPR, standard yahoo scoring.

• Locked thread