Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Asking again, GMG says tat pre-ordering nets you into the beta access but won't poo poo out a key. Is this normal? I almost exclusively go through steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Asking again, GMG says tat pre-ordering nets you into the beta access but won't poo poo out a key. Is this normal? I almost exclusively go through steam.

Looks like some time on Friday.

https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/124757

quote:

Hi folks. We're awaiting keys from the publisher and will be sending them out as soon as we have them, so you should have them on Friday, yes

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dryb posted:

Have they stated the number of maps that will be available at release?

13, I believe. With individual maps being a mix of the full length maps and the 15 min lunch break maps.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UGH FINE.
I guess I will go to bed at a reasonable hourtonight, UGH!

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

Heroes!

Those of you who have pre-ordered Vermintide should now see the application in your Steam library. The game will be made available for download at 18:00 UTC on October 16th.

So I guess this is a delay?

http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1663/pre-order-beta-info

Also, only the same three maps during preorder beta:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/483367798500915711/#c483367798501406904

lewtt fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 16, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lol everyone is gonna farm the first map before the game releases then

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Downloading now. Feels so good, so fresh.

Edit: This is a very small game, data-wise. I started early thinking it would take a while. Less than 90 minutes to unlock!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 16, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Not sure if this is the full download, seems like some form of pre-download that's missing files.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I don't see where they said it's the same 3 maps.

The full game is 13 maps by the way

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

sarmhan posted:

I don't see where they said it's the same 3 maps.

The full game is 13 maps by the way

Not sure why they would restrict it a week before release, if you already had people testing the first three maps then why not let people that are already on the hook for the game play and test the rest? Fear of bad reviews?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's downloading :dance:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There we go, another ~12 gb to download. Chilling in the Vermintide mumble channel in the meanwhile.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I set my computer to install the game this morning. Came back to a 244 MB Vermintide folder. Now I'm downloading the actual game. Now I feel silly.

I'll be around to bop rats after 20:00 CST tonight.

From my experience in the recent beta up time, you don't really need upgraded gear to get through Hard runs if you can work together, so I'll be down for some of that. Until tonight I'll just be dinking around on normal-difficulty bot games while my daughter paints my nails or something.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Not sure why they would restrict it a week before release, if you already had people testing the first three maps then why not let people that are already on the hook for the game play and test the rest? Fear of bad reviews?

I doubt it, all the maps so far have been quite good. I'm guessing they will release the maps gradually during the early beta.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Could be bugs in the non-tested ones though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah it's a bit weird how public betas are often treated as demos/a chance to play early so they have a fraction of the content of the full game, when they still need to test all of the levels. I won't have a chance to play for awhile, maybe 2 months so it won't affect me but they will probably end up with more bugs in the maps that aren't in the beta when the game launches.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Yeah it's a bit weird how public betas are often treated as demos/a chance to play early so they have a fraction of the content of the full game, when they still need to test all of the levels. I won't have a chance to play for awhile, maybe 2 months so it won't affect me but they will probably end up with more bugs in the maps that aren't in the beta when the game launches.

If the developers treat it that way, it's because the public treats it that way. Just go back a few pages to see people flipping out that there were bugs in the earlier betas.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skandranon posted:

If the developers treat it that way, it's because the public treats it that way. Just go back a few pages to see people flipping out that there were bugs in the earlier betas.

Yeah people are retarded. The "beta = demo/early access" stuff is pretty hard set anymore. Which is funny because my idea of a beta is the kind of MMO beta where half the quests don't trigger and you tend to clip through the map and fall into the skybox.

Still, at least they find the bugs. At least let them into the new levels

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Pimpmust posted:

There we go, another ~12 gb to download. Chilling in the Vermintide mumble channel in the meanwhile.

Darn I was hoping the download steam did last night would have been most of the game. But if it is 12gb or more I know I have a lot of downloading to do when I get off work.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah people are retarded. The "beta = demo/early access" stuff is pretty hard set anymore. Which is funny because my idea of a beta is the kind of MMO beta where half the quests don't trigger and you tend to clip through the map and fall into the skybox.

Still, at least they find the bugs. At least let them into the new levels

I think they will. What I think they are doing is getting everyone who pre-ordered (which is a lot) up and running on the first few maps. Then over the next 7 days, they can unlock 1-2 maps/day, and people should rush into each one in a fairly predictable manner, giving better test results.

Gealar posted:

Darn I was hoping the download steam did last night would have been most of the game. But if it is 12gb or more I know I have a lot of downloading to do when I get off work.

Full game is quoted as 20gb in minimum specs, so the 14 we are seeing now isn't all of it either.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skandranon posted:

I think they will. What I think they are doing is getting everyone who pre-ordered (which is a lot) up and running on the first few maps. Then over the next 7 days, they can unlock 1-2 maps/day, and people should rush into each one in a fairly predictable manner, giving better test results.

Full game is quoted as 20gb in minimum specs, so the 14 we are seeing now isn't all of it either.

Would make sense. So what you are saying is that I should preorder on Thursday :v:

VVV Just making a joke.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 16, 2015

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Would make sense. So what you are saying is that I should preorder on Thursday :v:

If that $30 is doing that much valuable work somewhere else, sure. I'd just get it now and play it whenever you feel like it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Pimpmust posted:

Got a link? And could said link go in the OP please?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Look in PGS thread. I think it's sticky.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Got a link? And could said link go in the OP please?

Link to PGS thread is in OP.

Edit: Link in OP was broken, it is now fixed.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Game is up, owns. HUD is a little weird at 1440.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Game is still cool and good, come hang out in the mumble channel, we need more for games.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

MagnumOpus posted:

Game is up, owns. HUD is a little weird at 1440.

So is it just the first 3 episodes in the closed beta, it is it the full 13?

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Kamikaze Raider posted:

So is it just the first 3 episodes in the closed beta, it is it the full 13?

Right now the only maps I see are Horn of Magnus, Smugglers Run, and Supply and Demand.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I was supposed to go to the titty bar tonight but this game looks cool and good

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MagnumOpus posted:

Right now the only maps I see are Horn of Magnus, Smugglers Run, and Supply and Demand.

Judging by the streams I watched before they closed beta last night, each map seems to be about the length of at least 2 left 4 dead maps. There seems to be more swarm/timed/holdout events in each map compared to l4d as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The pubs in this game are a special type of stupid.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They are L4D players who haven't learned about the game yet.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah a lot of players treat this game like L4D so far. Run as fast as you can to the exit and just mash fire over and over with melee. You can squeak (heh rat joke) out a win in easy like that but if you don't learn blocking, dodging, and timing heavy attacks you're gonna be hosed on anything harder

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Inzombiac posted:

The pubs in this game are a special type of stupid.

I've failed 3 normals in a row now. Didn't have that much trouble in beta.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I don't wanna work, i just wanna bang on some rats all day!!!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Game owns.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My horrible luck of getting nothing but soldier weapons continues.

I just want cool staves to do wizard things with why you gotta play me this way.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Getting hordes while standing right next to an ammo box as a witch hunter is a Very Good Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What do Tomes and Grimoires do

• Locked thread