Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Anatharon posted:

People pay money for this game.

brutha, you're telling me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I still cannot believe that there are people still playing this game. Like, don't you have ANY self respect left? Isn't there an entire e world out there to learn and love? Don't spend your limited years playing wild star.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
To be fair as much poo poo as we give this game it's just below average now instead of a flying hell turd like it used to be.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Is it actually true that the game's 'addons' that it comes with will crash?

"Kind of"

If there's a beyond the pale lag spike that lasts for like 20 seconds I've had the default carbine auction house crash. Day to day normal play I've not seen one crash since launch.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Lant posted:

To be fair as much poo poo as we give this game it's just below average now instead of a flying hell turd like it used to be.

It deserves every bit of scorn we give it. It's a piece of poo poo.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lant posted:

You're being more than fair, you are being very very retarded.

Wildstar is steaming trash heap with a downsie pig rolling on it.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I have to say, the amount of trolling this game provides, through PVP and zone chat is amazing. I'm glad I chose anita sarkesian and zoe quinn to name my characters. Any other suggestions to keep the trolling going?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I have to say, the amount of trolling this game provides, through PVP and zone chat is amazing. I'm glad I chose anita sarkesian and zoe quinn to name my characters. Any other suggestions to keep the trolling going?

Wildstar IsBAd

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Ah poo poo I wish I had picked those names.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I've had people go "HOLY poo poo YOU PLAY THIS GAME?" as well as SJW's hate messages in open world zones. It's seriously almost as good as world of tanks trolling.

Snatch Duster posted:

Wildstar IsBAd

Are you going to actually post anything to this thread aside from reminding people this game is poo poo? Some of us are trying to entertain ourselves by getting 12 year olds angry on the internet.

V: for wildstar? I don't think anyone actually has been saying the phrase in game. It's mostly just stockholm syndrome of CARBINE IS GOD FORGIVE CARBINE.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 16, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Is there a UI mod or plugin to filter SJW to Skeleton Warrior?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Are you going to actually post anything to this thread aside from reminding people this game is poo poo? Some of us are trying to entertain ourselves by getting 12 year olds angry on the internet.

No, because the game is poo poo. And you all are poo poo for playing it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
At least we're not attracting the FF14 defense squad. :v:

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
It's not like there's anything actually useful or entertaining going on in this thread anyway. It's pretty much a new xbone sharktank thread but about a single game.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DisposableHero posted:

It's not like there's anything actually useful or entertaining going on in this thread anyway. It's pretty much a new xbone sharktank thread but about a single game.

We can laugh at the broken brain goons that continue to play this "game."

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
My Mordesh reflects how much I love this game.

She mirrors my expression and sickly complexion.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

John Dyne posted:

At least we're not attracting the FF14 defense squad. :v:

Final fantasy is a terrible game and after playing it you can kinda see how an entire nation of people can be like "ally with hitler, sounds good."

(Derek smart derek smart derek smart)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Welp, back to the fallout shelter.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
:siren: :siren: WOAH THERE HOLDUP :siren: :siren:

Did someone mention that FFXIV (all praise yoshi p) is possibly NOT the best MMO ever? If so then I'm here to educate you people about God's Chosen Vidya Game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Could be worse, the GW2 brigade could be coming in to defend their lovely endgame.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Unguided posted:

Could be worse, the GW2 brigade could be coming in to defend their lovely endgame.

uh excuse me have you heard that gw2 will now have raiding and is now objectively the best of all video games

did you

let me tell you about it

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Worldofwildcraft was fun back in beta because people were hilariously attached to the idea of this game being better than WoW. Something along those lines would probably still be pretty funny.

quote:

I run FFXIV at max settings and it hovers around 60-120 FPS, Wildstar has trouble keeping 60FPS at medium-high, and at max can dip to below 30. What the hell.

I've genuinely played FF14 on a tablet on a friend's couch and it still got 20-30 FPS, the game is insanely well optimized. Make sure you're running Wildstar in 64-bit and ditch the default addons and it'd probably get better, though.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

All MMOs are bad pack it up kids

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

uh excuse me have you heard that gw2 will now have raiding and is now objectively the best of all video games

did you

let me tell you about it

i heard the raids were lovely and the ui was bad but then i was reassured that they had 20 days till launch which is "a ton of time" in game development

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

i heard the raids were lovely and the ui was bad but then i was reassured that they had 20 days till launch which is "a ton of time" in game development

I started out as optimistic about them but then I saw videos of it and, eh... I really just don't see any reason to do it. I'm optimistic that the open-world stuff in the expansion will be good, and I like the new elite subclasses, but they're making a ton of questionable decisions with this expansion. But, I mean, they're ArenaNet, so that was always going to be the case.

And yeah, the squad UI was broken as hell during the beta weekend.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

I started out as optimistic about them but then I saw videos of it and, eh... I really just don't see any reason to do it. I'm optimistic that the open-world stuff in the expansion will be good, and I like the new elite subclasses, but they're making a ton of questionable decisions with this expansion. But, I mean, they're ArenaNet, so that was always going to be the case.

The problem with ditching the trinity is ultimately you have to replace it with something. GW2 didn't bother which is why all of it's group content outside of pvp is't really something you enjoy, so much as something you suffer through.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

I kind of more hype for the new SWTOR expansion funny enough, their more or less turning it into a single player RPG now with the story and made a ton of QOL changes to most of the game including no need to upgrade gear for companions and able to gather nodes no matter the level, and that part is handled better then how wow did.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 16, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

The problem with ditching the trinity is ultimately you have to replace it with something. GW2 didn't bother which is why all of it's group content outside of pvp is't really something you enjoy, so much as something you suffer through.

They're sort of half-heartedly bringing the trinity in with raids. It's going about as well as you'd expect (i.e. there's exactly one truly capable healing class and a couple more that can sorta fill that role but not really).

GW2's group stuff had been getting better but I just don't really like what I've seen in the raid so far. I think I'm just tiring of RPGs (MMOs included) that are all about stacking damage stats and where supporting allies comes in the form of small little bonuses that help increase DPS number but don't feel immediately impactful. Like, Destiny's got a lot of problems, but I like that all of its support abilities are short-lived but extremely noticeable and powerful. That's a lot more fun to me than GW2's approach of having to sort of maintain stacks of buffs on yourself/allies over time.

I still like GW2's core gameplay and the open-world stuff in the expansion looks very good, but I think I'm done trying to enjoy its instanced PvE.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
My problem with the GW2 model is the "Things to do" post max level are all grindy miserable trains of awful poo poo i.e. building the super awesome special effect weapons.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Magmarashi posted:

This should probably be the subforum title

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I dunno, Meridian 59 is still pretty good. :smugdog:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Rhymenoserous posted:

The problem with ditching the trinity is ultimately you have to replace it with something.

Thing is, a role-less game (Champions Online, Guild Wars 2) is super-nice for solo gameplay. Having to deal with your role's weaknesses while alone is complete balls and reduces the number of players willing to play that role.

But as long as the endgame is group content, well, team play requires established roles...

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 16, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Suitaru posted:

This should probably be the subforum title

and WoW is King poo poo of the Infinite Trash Fire

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

Thing is, a role-less game (Champions Online, Guild Wars 2) is super-nice for solo gameplay. Having to deal with your role's weaknesses while alone is complete balls and reduces the number of players willing to play that role.

But as long as the endgame is group content, well, team play requires established roles...

Most modern rolebased MMO's give most classes dual roles so you can level as DPS. Unironically the one thing I think Wildstar did well was do away with pure DPS classes. That poo poo needed to go.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Most modern rolebased MMO's give most classes dual roles so you can level as DPS. Unironically the one thing I think Wildstar did well was do away with pure DPS classes. That poo poo needed to go.

Yeah, that was actually a savvy choice on their part.

What I want most of all is for MMOs, especially ones that step away from defined roles like GW2, to break away from the way they currently handle stats and builds. Part of what sort of drains the fun out of GW2 to me is that my combat effectiveness is ultimately determined by whether I stacked the right damage stats on my gear and picked the right damage-modifying traits. I say ditch stats that directly affect damage entirely, and traits that do the same, and focus on equipment and traits that actually change how your abilities work and how you play. And the thing is, GW2 has a lot of those! The runes you put into your armor, or sigils you put into your weapons, are pretty cool and sometimes offer some neat little perks that don't just modify how much damage you do.

As an example of what I'm talking about, two Elementalist traits from GW2--one that is both fun and effective, and another that is boring but effective because it's ultimately a numbers game:

Evasive Arcana - Cause an AoE effect based on your current elemental attunement when you dodge. It's cool and fun, and pretty nice in PvP. Who wouldn't want to create a fire blast by dodging, or a wave of healing water?
Pyromancer's Training - While attuned to fire, deal 10% more damage. Boring, but hey, 10% more damage is 10% more damage, so it's also effective.

I want to see more traits like the first one (and pieces of equipment that do things like that, even if it means much fewer equipment slots) and fewer or no traits like the second. Give me abilities that are fun and dynamic to use, even the passive ones, and I'm happy.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Magmarashi posted:

I feel like as one generation is getting off the train the next one is boarding, and its horrible.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

i am tim! posted:

:siren: :siren: WOAH THERE HOLDUP :siren: :siren:

Did someone mention that FFXIV (all praise yoshi p) is possibly NOT the best MMO ever? If so then I'm here to educate you people about God's Chosen Vidya Game.

ahhhahaha

finally, the lulz are back :cheerdoge:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see the correlations between ff14 and wildstar. Both are poo poo games that had to be relaunched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

imgay posted:

I see the correlations between ff14 and wildstar. Both are poo poo games that had to be relaunched

Wildstar didn't relaunch though.

• Locked thread