Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I always run on Saturday mornings. Guess I'll get up earlier than normal so I can get back, eat, shower, and then try to log in. Though something tells me that there will be a queue and a clusterfuck. Consider 2500 people in three starting areas. I may just go around and kill boars or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This post was bad. Pay attention to the good one

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 16, 2015

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Server goes live in 24 hours from THIS post, unless I'm somehow mistaken.

So whatever time it shows for you, that's the time it goes up, only on Saturday.

Are you sure about that.

My previous post is a direct quote from the game master on the nostalrius forums.

quote:

Central European Summer Time, which is UTC +2 or GMT +2. That means that the server opens at:

18:00 for Brits and Irish
20:00 for Eastern Europeans
13:00 for US East Coasters
12:00 for Texans
10:00 for Californians
02:00 on Sunday for Japanese
06:00 on Sunday for New Zealanders

You need to delete the WDB folder before you start playing and then you need to delete it every time the server progresses to a new itemization patch. These will be announced in this forum. The items will always have their correct stats and you only see wrong stats if your WDB isn't "up-to-date".

Can't remember which thread but it's one of the smaller announcement ones.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Manslaughter posted:

Are you sure about that.

My previous post is a direct quote from the game master on the nostalrius forums.

Yep, I'm one hour off. :downs:

The problem with having two clocks in my WoW UI is that mistakes like that happen. I'll make a proper post at the right time, thanks :)

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
Maybe by the time I run my gnome to Teldrassil everyone will be done with the starting quests.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Wherever you go will be a shitshow. I'm planning on just grinding wolves and bears until 12

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

:frogsiren:
Server goes live in 24 hours from THIS post, unless I'm somehow mistaken.

So whatever time it shows for you, that's the time it goes up, only on Saturday.

:frogsiren:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
My body is ready.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I'm gonna check it out but I fully expect it to be a horrible shitshow. When the pvp realm released the competition over starter zone mobs was so intense it took me like 3 hours to hit level 5.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Desmond posted:

I always run on Saturday mornings. Guess I'll get up earlier than normal so I can get back, eat, shower, and then try to log in. Though something tells me that there will be a queue and a clusterfuck. Consider 2500 people in three starting areas. I may just go around and kill boars or something.

I'm just gonna go and grab all the names I want before the good ones get taken! :v:

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Are DoTs instant tag or do you still have to wait for the first tick to tag a mob?

Could we realistically pick a 5 man group and leave the starting zone and take on the higher level 5 or so mobs or are they flat out going to destroy us? I'd figure a 5 man grind group could skip ahead to get above the curve so you're jot fighting for kills on the first quest mobs.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

Are DoTs instant tag or do you still have to wait for the first tick to tag a mob?

Could we realistically pick a 5 man group and leave the starting zone and take on the higher level 5 or so mobs or are they flat out going to destroy us? I'd figure a 5 man grind group could skip ahead to get above the curve so you're jot fighting for kills on the first quest mobs.

You have to get a tick in first, they're reeeeally not good for tagging in high competition areas.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I think a grinding group that got in right at launch would probably have the best luck against the level 4 mobs in the starting zones: spider cave for elves, grape farm for humans, and troll cave for gnomes/dwarves. Just go in there and mow poo poo down until everyone is level 3, then make for the starter village. Plus, any warlocks in the group would have to get their imp quest drops in those areas anyway.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Hello Sailor posted:

I think a grinding group that got in right at launch would probably have the best luck against the level 4 mobs in the starting zones: spider cave for elves, grape farm for humans, and troll cave for gnomes/dwarves. Just go in there and mow poo poo down until everyone is level 3, then make for the starter village. Plus, any warlocks in the group would have to get their imp quest drops in those areas anyway.

I forgot that the toolboxes in the gnome/dwarf starting area are camped and take forever to respawn, as are the NE dreamcatcher dresser and the relics of awakening.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Just wait til you see the droprate on those gnoll armbands in elwynn :shepicide:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

AzureSkye posted:

Just wait til you see the droprate on those gnoll armbands in elwynn :shepicide:

Some of the drop rates for vanilla quests are so abysmally bad, it really makes you wonder what Blizzard was thinking.

I spent 40 minutes killing yetis in hillsbrad for the loving helcular's rod quest on the PvP Nost server, FINALLY got the drop, and the server rolled back a minute later and I lost it :smithicide:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Mystery Prize posted:

Some of the drop rates for vanilla quests are so abysmally bad, it really makes you wonder what Blizzard was thinking.

I spent 40 minutes killing yetis in hillsbrad for the loving helcular's rod quest on the PvP Nost server, FINALLY got the drop, and the server rolled back a minute later and I lost it :smithicide:

I got mine on my first kill on nost :c00lbutt:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'll be on CTS mumble at launch. Channel will be near the bottom called WoW a bad game. Going to roll a Druid so if anyone wants to level a Night Elf let me know and we can level together.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Tanreall posted:

I'll be on CTS mumble at launch. Channel will be near the bottom called WoW a bad game. Going to roll a Druid so if anyone wants to level a Night Elf let me know and we can level together.

Ill come hang out but I was planning on rolling dorf priest. Should i go starshards spec instead

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Also, we should decide on a guild name

I am a fan of [Effort]

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Tanners posted:

Ill come hang out but I was planning on rolling dorf priest. Should i go starshards spec instead

I was going to roll dwarf warrior, but I can't level nearly as fast as you.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Tanners posted:

We can always meet up at a 10-20 area but it's up to you.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

Also, we should decide on a guild name

That's a good idea. I probably won't have the gold to make one until Sunday, but it's good to have a name to rally around.

Going to make a strawpoll or somesuch with a few names: [Effort], [WoW Is A Video Game] (not sure it fits), [Low Tax Low Effort], [Life And Paychecks], [Tea Party], and [Lowtax Shrugged], unless there's some other suggestion or consensus.

Tanners posted:

Don't poach mah goons :bahgawd:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Tanreall posted:

We can always meet up at a 10-20 area but it's up to you.

Probably the better call I think I'd never forgive myself for losing fear ward.

also add <Gelkis Alliance> please

downout
Jul 6, 2009

DrSeRRoD posted:

A protection paladin with a lot of thorns damage can do some decent AE grinding, especially undead. They have a damage aura, blessing, ability via talent, and spike they can put on their shield. The shield itself may have damage reflect as well, but likely not until the higher levels. On top of all this, they have consecrate. It isn't mega fast, but might be faster than afk auto-attack 1 mob at a time with Ret. Just spam heal yourself as everything dies trying to kill you. Melee mobs only of course, and the faster they attack, the faster they die.

For anyone interested, pallys can use Thermaplugg's Central Core sheild at 32 that can be used to do this really effectively. Add in all the other damage sources, and it adds up. Maybe I should level a pally for once :)

Edit: I think this was easier in TBC due to talent points, but this more second-hand from leveling with a friend.

downout fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 16, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

downout posted:

For anyone interested, pallys can use Thermaplugg's Central Core sheild at 32 that can be used to do this really effectively. Add in all the other damage sources, and it adds up. Maybe I should level a pally for once :)

Edit: I think this was easier in TBC due to talent points, but this more second-hand from leveling with a friend.

If you have a shield spike, I think it might be awesome?

I will most likely be rolling a night elf of some sort tomorrow morning. See you all there!

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There's also the Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator from Gnomeregan that gives you a static barrier for 10 minutes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

http://strawpoll.me/5752730

It's up.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

I almost want to make an Engineer so I can use parachute cloak to get to the hidden troll village again. Man I miss these early WoW days.

Shhhhh...

you dont need a parachute

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Nice, it's a 5 way tie already.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Manslaughter posted:

Are you sure about that.

My god, mountain time doesnt get to play!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Cartouche posted:

My god, mountain time doesnt get to play!

I wish i could vote for both poached goons and gelkis alliance rip

e: oh gently caress you can and i didnt realize.

Tanners fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 17, 2015

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I was watching this yesterday.

<Be Attitude For Gains>

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tanners posted:

I wish i could vote for both poached goons and gelkis alliance rip

You can, how do you think we got the 5-way tie? I voted for my picks. WoW Is A Video Game prob. won't fit, unfortunately.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Serperoth posted:

You can, how do you think we got the 5-way tie? I voted for my picks. WoW Is A Video Game prob. won't fit, unfortunately.

Pretty sure the guildname limit is 24 characters, so it should fit fine.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the only question I have is

fem dorf or fem gnome for a warrior?

I played a fem dorf rogue from TBC through lich king

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Serperoth posted:

That's a good idea. I probably won't have the gold to make one until Sunday, but it's good to have a name to rally around.

Going to make a strawpoll or somesuch with a few names: [Effort], [WoW Is A Video Game] (not sure it fits), [Low Tax Low Effort], [Life And Paychecks], [Tea Party], and [Lowtax Shrugged], unless there's some other suggestion or consensus.

[Rowdy Trout]

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 17, 2015

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Tanreall posted:

Is this channel active right now. Holy balls are there a million channels in here.

So who's going to be starting in gnome/dwarf starting zone tomorrow? I really want to get a 5 man group, we'll skip over the first quest spot and go straight to the level 3 stuff to get leveled up and hopefully get above the curve of everyone to GTFO of the starting area.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll be rolling a dwarf right at go live, I'll be in the mumble as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Billy Elliot posted:

Is this channel active right now. Holy balls are there a million channels in here.

So who's going to be starting in gnome/dwarf starting zone tomorrow? I really want to get a 5 man group, we'll skip over the first quest spot and go straight to the level 3 stuff to get leveled up and hopefully get above the curve of everyone to GTFO of the starting area.

It's not active right now but you can make channels in the misc section. They just don't stick around after you leave. If we get enough people coming on mumble we can ask LumberingTroll for a normal channel.

EDIT: It's a heated election between an emoji and a 4th wall smack down.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 17, 2015

• Locked thread