Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Unlucky7 posted:

Same. Doubly so after a certain plot event.

I'm only at the coliseum, I can just start over I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

QuantaStarFire posted:

There's a "Very Hard"? Is it Dream Log exclusive?

No, it actually is just for Legend Log and Nightmare Log has it on automatically. You need to unlock it somehow but I'm not sure how, it just kind of showed up eventually.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Is the PW3 DLC worth it on PS4 I don't care so much for costumes but new maps would be neat, are they new maps or just "missions" on the old maps.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I've become addicted to playing as Alena it seems. So. Many. Kicks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

Is the PW3 DLC worth it on PS4 I don't care so much for costumes but new maps would be neat, are they new maps or just "missions" on the old maps.

New missions on old maps. I only have tried one so far but it was more like a Legend Log stage than a Dream Log one (the battle flowed through the stage and it had scripted and longer missions).

It seemed okay and I don't regret buying the DLC.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Is the SW4-ii DLC trash like I think it is

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mokinokaro posted:

I've become addicted to playing as Alena it seems. So. Many. Kicks.

Also punches! But Kyril has the best coup de grace.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Maleketh posted:

Inward to combat!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mortimer posted:

Is the SW4-ii DLC trash like I think it is

The stages are kind of dumb but decently sized and not that expensive, the weapons are really drat strong, and the costumes are kind of ugly and really expensive.

If you feel like paying for a mount with top speed, I think either pack has one (there are two) and the rest of the mounts range from garbage to not quite as good.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I thought it would be fun to ride a bear around but it's too slow to be useful :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The sad fate befalling all gimmick mounts

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, in DQH, are we saying you should pick the chick as your "hero" and not the friend? I don't remember their real names since I renamed them. If this is the case I think I should restart then. Only a few battles into the game, so it wouldn't be that big a deal.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

PureRok posted:

So, in DQH, are we saying you should pick the chick as your "hero" and not the friend? I don't remember their real names since I renamed them. If this is the case I think I should restart then. Only a few battles into the game, so it wouldn't be that big a deal.

Mechanically They seem identical, at least on the surface. Other than frozen slash causing the frozen status sometimes which I imagine the guy doesn't do, there really isn't much reason to switch if you like being the dude. People say pick Aurora because she is cool and not a lame nerd like Luceus.

Now that I'm posting about it, I'm going to say that I think DQH is ok. There is not enough depth in the combos and character balance is all over. Really, Jessica and Nera are probably the highest functioning npc's in terms of consistently doing what I want them to do (buff and heal me) and Alena's ability to wreck bosses is so incredible that all the other characters languish.If I could ditch Aurora I would do it immediately for Bianca or Yangus.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 15, 2015

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maleketh posted:

Also punches!

And a shoryuken!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Got SW4-II on the Vita and it's great. What's the best way to grind tomes, though? Is there a 4th weapon guide already?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Schneider Heim posted:

Got SW4-II on the Vita and it's great. What's the best way to grind tomes, though? Is there a 4th weapon guide already?

I would also like to know answers to these. I've just been scraping by with buying each one in the shop every level and killing everything that moves.

I haven't really seen any guides for any special weapons/mounts (if they even exist in this beyond DLC) but I haven't really looked that hard.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doing the Survival castle with a character who has the skill which increases tome drop rate unlocked is probably the best bet until someone figures out the quickest grinding stage.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The first special survival stage will give you 30 of each tome in 5 minutes if you can get an S rank. With a level 27 Ginchiyo, I was able to get 2500 KOs so you need something less than that to hit S tank.

edit: An S rank on the fourth one, which you have to unlock, gives you 50 of each non-Special tome and 25 Special tomes in addition to Matsuzake. It's also 5 minutes. I got S rank with ~2200 kills.

edit 2: Looks like you only get the huge reward the first time you clear it. :(

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 15, 2015

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

One up on steam it looks like
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527072619

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
What the gently caress, Square-Enix?

http://dragonquest-game.com/heroes/#disclaimer

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Huh

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

What are we looking at here?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PureRok posted:

The law

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My understanding is that this has something to do with Dragon Quest's composer being part of some lovely Japanese organization which cracks down on this kinda stuff.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

PureRok posted:

ImpAtom posted:

My understanding is that this has something to do with Dragon Quest's composer being part of some lovely Japanese organization which cracks down on this kinda stuff.

It's mainly this.

Squeenix is keeping a very very tight hold on what you can show of the game online. You can only use certain services. You can't put any DQH footage behind a pay wall. Etc. It's Nintendo levels of not getting it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mikeycp posted:

It's mainly this.

Squeenix is keeping a very very tight hold on what you can show of the game online. You can only use certain services. You can't put any DQH footage behind a pay wall. Etc. It's Nintendo levels of not getting it.

Is that even legal? I was under the impression that gameplay footage was fair use, and Square-Enix can't say boo about it?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Is that even legal? I was under the impression that gameplay footage was fair use, and Square-Enix can't say boo about it?

They constantly mention the music specifically, so I think they're using that as grounds to do it. There's even a notice on the title screen about it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The weird thing is that some PS4 games do automatically turn off the music for streams. IIRC Rock Band 4 does that on PS4 for some reason, which begs the question as to why even bother letting it be streamed, but if Square-Enix really cared they could have just disabled it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Policenaut posted:

The weird thing is that some PS4 games do automatically turn off the music for streams. IIRC Rock Band 4 does that on PS4 for some reason, which begs the question as to why even bother letting it be streamed, but if Square-Enix really cared they could have just disabled it.

Yeah I tried to watch a Rock Band 4 stream the day it was released and all I could hear was the vocalist and the tap tap tap tap of the plastic drum set. Which was funny because no one playing knew that without the accompanying music, they sounded as terrible as they did.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

mikeycp posted:

It's mainly this.

None of it seems especially onerous. Don't use paywall(Somehow niconico gets a pass. Why?), don't try to use it for publicity stuff(I presume they'll be making their own T-shirts or whatever), don't use it in a way that might cause abuse.

What's 'not getting it'?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bloodly posted:

What's 'not getting it'?
Failing to understand that allowing people to share and spread your IP probably makes you more sales than hoarding it like some leprechaun's treasure

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like to imagine that companies come up with ridiculous edge cases like "Someone could watch the stream, record the content, rip the music, and then distribute it online" as if there weren't easier and much more reliable ways for people to access that stuff, like ripping it directly from the disc.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Maleketh posted:

Wait, each character has a coup de grace, not just the two main ones? Gonna have to switch more often.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure if this has been posted, but I found this and it seems that Famitsu is doing a survey asking which collaboration Musou game you want to see.

"NeoGAF thread posted:

"New Collaboration Musou to Be Born?"

Can be anything such as novel, manga, anime, game, etc.

Results will be announced in the Weekly Famitsu issue.

Survery ends on 10/20 23:59 JST.

They also asked which collaboration Musou did you like so far:
-Gundam Musou
-Hokuto Musou (Fist of the North Star)
-One Piece Kaizoku Musou
-Arsland Senki x Musou

And which one do like more between Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors) and Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors).

Famitsu

I don't know how to write (or read) Japanese so I had to use google translate to vote on the IP I wanted.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Big Scary Owl posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I found this and it seems that Famitsu is doing a survey asking which collaboration Musou game you want to see.

I don't know how to write (or read) Japanese so I had to use google translate to vote on the IP I wanted.

I would like all of the characters from all of the Musou games in a single game (yes gundams too) :getin:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Finally, Omega Force will hear my pleas for Tecmo Bowl Warriors.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I would like all of the characters from all of the Musou games in a single game (yes gundams too) :getin:

I would also like Warriors Warriors very much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mikeycp posted:

I would also like Warriors Warriors very much.

Isn't that just Orochi?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Isn't that just Orochi?

Orochi doesn't have all the IP characters too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to spam "make Atelier Musou" over and over until it comes out and then spam "make the sequel." Please help me, friends in the Dynasty Warriors thread.