Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol no. more like tragic mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tragic Louse 2™, Tragic TrackPad 2™, and Tragic Cheetos Covered Keyboard.™

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Linguica posted:

Razer had the right idea

hmmmm

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

eyyy chico

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fits my needs posted:

the UI for apple music loving blows though. why is it so terrible?

because apple no longer cares about quality due to poor leadership

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Stymie posted:

because apple no longer cares about quality due to poor leadership

who is the rightful successor to lead the overthrow of the current regime?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

intel a bitch

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/16/intel-lte-modem-chip-iphone-7/

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fits my needs posted:

the one guy who got fired because he wouldn't sign off on apple maps being terrible and killing people would be a likely candidate

ios 7+ wouldn't be indistinguishable from android at the least if he were in charge

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sudo Echo posted:

steve jobs apple totally would never make a terrible mouse for aesthetic reasons

this time cook guy is really loving things up!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maybe if intel does well on this contract, apple will let them make the a11

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

fits my needs posted:

don't quote stymie you loving human being

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

born on a buy you posted:

wtf

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
woah #woah

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Sudo Echo posted:

steve jobs apple totally would never make a terrible mouse for aesthetic reasons

this time cook guy is really loving things up!!!

tbf not all of these are jorbs era mice (but the worst ones are!!!)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

born on a buy you posted:

gently caress you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

:agreed:

that said I went to 3rd party mice in like 1999

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

quote:

Should work on the modem chip go well, VentureBeat says Intel could end up supplying Apple with both that chip and the fabrication for a new Apple system-on-a-chip. Apple is said to be aiming to create a future system-on-a-chip that includes both the iPhone's Ax processor and the LTE modem chip for improved speed and power management.

To achieve that goal, Apple would design the system-on-a-chip, licensing LTE modem intellectual property from Intel, with Intel also fabricating the chip with its 14-nanometer process. VentureBeat's sources say Apple is interested in Intel's technology because of its "front to back" 14-nanometer process that results in "silicon chips with superior density and gate pitch." Intel is also developing a 10-nanometer process that has caught Apple's eye.

intel is hosed and now they're being made a bitch by apple. the end game for intel will be to spin off the foundry business from chip design

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Someone actually ban cremnob ffs

:toot:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

zen death robot posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

as i expected the beef with marco and the chick has continued and has gone down toward anti-women in tech whicch is pretty epic cause it ruins marco's "brand" even more

even nilay has decided to get in on it (hes another marco hater)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

wait is the tysons corner store the number 1 apple store?

it is? lol

northern virginia is terrible

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

as i expected the beef with marco and the chick has continued and has gone down toward anti-women in tech whicch is pretty epic cause it ruins marco's "brand" even more

even nilay has decided to get in on it (hes another marco hater)

ahahaha

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tech blogosphere civil war erupts in the least important conflict of our time

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

zen death robot posted:

:toot:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

lol no. more like tragic mouse

swr

agreed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

qirex posted:

:agreed:

that said I went to 3rd party mice in like 1999

you missed out on the laser mouse:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

siracusa had to take time away from his toasters to tell people to stop sending death threats

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i wish siracusa would just go back to talking about hfs

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Toady posted:

siracusa had to take time away from his toasters to tell people to stop sending death threats

he should start reviewing death threats

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/655015265336471552

lmao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
marco got a funny lookin skull

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

You bleed fanboy with that comment. Some day people will see jobs and the company he built as it really is. A truely manipulative twisted greedy self centered piece of mind controlling garbage. Apple has always been last to the race yet manages to weasel its will onto this world. Some day we might evolve past such tactics and actually get to a world based on improvements rather than profits. apple and others are adopting a marketing plan based on pushing out products every year with little increase in specs/features/value and charging outrageous prices for huge profit margins. And the worst part is, people fall hook line and sinker for this garbage, not once but every cycle. I have a 4 year old phone that has yet to show any limitation in capability other than the modle number being smaller.

Go ahead and down vote the crap out of me. Every down vote proves my point. This world is hosed at this pace and with this mentality.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

cremnob posted:

You bleed fanboy with that comment. Some day people will see jobs and the company he built as it really is. A truely manipulative twisted greedy self centered piece of mind controlling garbage. Apple has always been last to the race yet manages to weasel its will onto this world. Some day we might evolve past such tactics and actually get to a world based on improvements rather than profits. apple and others are adopting a marketing plan based on pushing out products every year with little increase in specs/features/value and charging outrageous prices for huge profit margins. And the worst part is, people fall hook line and sinker for this garbage, not once but every cycle. I have a 4 year old phone that has yet to show any limitation in capability other than the modle number being smaller.

Go ahead and down vote the crap out of me. Every down vote proves my point. This world is hosed at this pace and with this mentality.

Are you seeing other forums

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

mouse chat:

apple has always built their mice to be better for you based on science. the idea is you should not have to bend your wrist while using it, as that can strain the wrist. so the mice are quite flat compared to PC mice, who seem to unanimously not care if you get Carpal Tunnel syndrome. its pretty weird to me that companies would continue to sell mice that they know are bad for you. i guess it's because they can only sell things on that basis of familiarity.

if you remember the original design for the PS3 "boomerang" controller, it was the same idea. it was designed so you could use it without bending your wrists.

i believe this is the same reason the mouse acceleration on OS X is so low. Carpal Tunnel is caused by micro movements, not wide, sweeping movements. so if the OS makes you cover a wider area with your mouse to move the cursor, it's actually better for you.

also here's a profile view of the mouse. because of the arc design, there's nowhere to put the lightning port except the underside. jony et al could redesign the whole thing, but why radically redesign a mouse in 2015 when it's popularity is rapidly declining in favour of touch? this will probably be the last ever update to this product so why dedicate the effort when they just redesigned the keyboard and trackpad and are presently designing the iPhone 7 and next Macbook Pros?

redesigning this would be like voting for Obama for a 3rd term. a nice compliment, but a waste.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

mouse chat:

apple has always built their mice to be better for you based on science. the idea is you should not have to bend your wrist while using it, as that can strain the wrist. so the mice are quite flat compared to PC mice, who seem to unanimously not care if you get Carpal Tunnel syndrome. its pretty weird to me that companies would continue to sell mice that they know are bad for you. i guess it's because they can only sell things on that basis of familiarity.

if you remember the original design for the PS3 "boomerang" controller, it was the same idea. it was designed so you could use it without bending your wrists.

i believe this is the same reason the mouse acceleration on OS X is so low. Carpal Tunnel is caused by micro movements, not wide, sweeping movements. so if the OS makes you cover a wider area with your mouse to move the cursor, it's actually better for you.

also here's a profile view of the mouse. because of the arc design, there's nowhere to put the lightning port except the underside. jony et al could redesign the whole thing, but why radically redesign a mouse in 2015 when it's popularity is rapidly declining in favour of touch? this will probably be the last ever update to this product so why dedicate the effort when they just redesigned the keyboard and trackpad and are presently designing the iPhone 7 and next Macbook Pros?

redesigning this would be like voting for Obama for a 3rd term. a nice compliment, but a waste.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

cremnob posted:

Nice Capitalism 101

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"why dedicate the effort" - PleasureKevin about Apple design, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

mouse chat:

this is pathetic and you're a loving idiot

• Locked thread