Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Went to bed early Friday night, gonna play some Crusader Kings 2 today though, haven't started a game since a few expansions ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

liquid courage posted:

i imagine pablo gigante playing elvis costello covers at a coffee shop open mic and hormel chili as the bassist in a really lovely hardcore band.
I play bass in a band right now but I actually have thought about doing exactly this lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I play bass in a band right now but I actually have thought about doing exactly this lol
You should learn the bass part to Born Under Punches.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm going to try the new Civilization: Beyond Earth expansion that came out today, and then maybe play Dragon Ball Xenoverse or The Witcher 3 again--the rest of my library has been neglected since MGS V came out

I thought vanilla BE was insane garbage, but with the expansion it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I thought vanilla BE was insane garbage, but with the expansion it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it.

I mildly enjoyed it vanilla but yeah the expansion makes it so much better. The diplomacy changes alone would have been worth the $30 and I'm excited to try one of the new hybrid affinities--I've currently got the new Middle Eastern lady on a path for Supremacy-Purity and can't wait for whatever cool transhuman stuff I get out of that.

I played it for way too long and am about to face a 16-hour workday on 3 hours of sleep lol

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Installing red alert 2 because it's free on origin. I hope it's still fun

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

How did they make it better

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I'm curious about this too, had really high hopes for BE and felt like I got burned hard on it

the upcoming space 4x from Paradox is my new hope

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Most of the parts I need for my computer are in my house today. I'm waiting for my processor to arrive, should be this Tuesday. I'm so psyched to be able to game again.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Diplomacy got pretty well overhauled, now there's a trait system that gives each ruler more personality. Each ruler starts with one unique trait and can pick three more from a list once they have enough of the political capital currency--traits determine each rulers likes and dislikes and unlocks new agreements which are long-term bonuses you pay another Civ political capital for. So for example I'm real tight with my girl Kavitha because she has the traits where she likes high population and veteran troops, both of which I have, and she's paying me capital for an agreement where she travels faster on roads (I think? Something relating to roads anyway) that I'm turning around and spending on an agreement with her where I get extra food for each point of population in my cities. Meanwhile that Brazilian fag keeps telling me I'm a dumbass for not having a wider satellite coverage. It adds a neat dimension to the previously almost nonexistent diplomacy game, where you're sort of naturally drawn towards or away from certain other leaders depending on how the way you built your colony meshes with their traits, and the agreements give you a reason to stay with your friends without tying you to them.

Oh, and other Civ's opinions of you are now split into Respect and Fear, respect being gained or lost through those traits and the usual things that you would expect would affect their opinion of you, while fear will make them more likely to work with you if they realize you could kick their rear end (I don't know if this takes more than just military power into account).

That alone's completely revitalized the game for me, there's a ton of small quality-of-life changes too but I haven't got too far into the game just yet. I'd be interested to hear Larry's take, since he and I are coming from different perspectives re: the base game.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I am curious about how Larry feels because I shared his opinion. I just felt it was overly bland, but the quality of life improvements might really do the trick. I'll probably pick this up and try it myself since I really wanted to like beyond earth and was a huge Alpha Centauri fan. I still have a decent backlog of games and will be getting Fallout 4 on release so maybe I can get lucky and push this expansion off til a good sale comes around. Thanks for the overview though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's good to hear the B.E. expansion is good, I was interested in the vanilla game but heard luke warm reviews.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
One of my best experiences with gaming or finding games in the wild was this one time, about four years ago when I was hanging out with my then-girlfriend. We went to gamestop and I found Shadow of the Colossus, Half-Life, and Jak 3 all in the same buy 2 get one free bin. I don't think I ever really talked to her much after that, but this seemed like a place to share this story

Friday night I tried to make an n64 controller work with Dark Souls 2 but ended up just playing Darkest Dungeon instead

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
This week I'll be playing the new yoshi game, after work

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Final Fantasy XIII-2

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SOMA again.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i havent decided yet. maybe more samurai warriors 4-2. maybe a lil counter strike. probably some isaac too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lots of gaming in store tonight with Dragon Quest Heroes, Metal Gear Online and maybe some more of the first Uncharted. A couple matches of Rocket League too probably.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
TFW no ps4 and you cant play dragon quest heroes or metal gear online even though you really want to.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dark Arisen

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's 9 o'clock on a Friday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old gamer sitting next to me
Booting up his PS2 slim

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
idk OP this is like the first time since its release that I don't want to play MGSV

I guess starcraft 2?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dragon Quest V, then later I'm going to play the Zelda Triforce Heroes demo online for a bit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gonna finally get through the story quests in heavensward

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Playing the first Kirby's Dream LAnd on the Kirby 20th anniversary Wii collection. This is clunky as hell, gonna take some patience to beat this one

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Same. I broke down and bought the full version because I saw it on sale. I'm enjoying it so far.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i might go play the triforce heroes demo with my friend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i might go play the triforce heroes demo with my friend

I want this game but between DQH, MGO, Wooly World and DQVIII, it'll have to wait.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I want this game but between DQH, MGO, Wooly World and DQVIII, it'll have to wait.

do you have a demo code? i have one left, and if you dont have one ill send it to you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

do you have a demo code? i have one left, and if you dont have one ill send it to you.

I would like to but I am unfortunately unable to game At all this weekend. Ty though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how do you get demo codes for that?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

loving men's asses.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nintendo just sent them out randomly. the demo is multiplayer only, though, so it doesnt really work if you dont have someone to play the game with.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'd like a demo code but only if i have a way to get more for my friends

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
and you can only play online at certain hours. its not great, but if you have friends nearby that have 3dses you can team up through local network

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm not too hype on the game itself because i think 4-swords worked specifically because of the Roomfeel gaming

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i agree but im willing to give it a shot regardless. it might be extremely fun, who knows

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can't play the demo with friends online, but I gave my other 2 codes to my friends anyway to try and get them interested in the game. I love co-op gaming.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I am playing yoshi's wooly world and will continue until i get all the collectibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DQH and Witcher 3 DLC and Bayonetta 1