Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Many pants have that thigh line. There's several kinds of peaked boots. The belt wouldn't have the buckle but there are plenty of double looped ones.

Fingerless gloves are Canderous Ordo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
You guys rule. Getting right on it!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

HEY WELCOME TO MTV DRESSUP CRIBS

Padawans can't resist me!

This plant!!!

Tacticool outfit I made my first day and still like!

PRAISE THE HAT

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Rincewind posted:

Speaking of outfits-- what are some good outfits for a female Sith Warrior? Mine has body type 4 (the one that's slightly chubby) so a lot of the Sith Warrior chest pieces with Darth Vader-esque button panel things look hideously distorted. And a lot of the others are just plain goofy-looking since they have these giant spiky shoulderpads I'd be embarrassed to wear in WoW, let alone SWTOR.

I'm tempted to just wear one of those Imperial officer uniform tops since my Agent looks so cool in them, even though it'd make absolutely zero sense for a Sith.

The Sith from KOTOR's Korriban academy wore military uniforms so that has precedent, even if most of SWTOR's Sith wear more gaudy styles.

This is what I use for my Sith Pureblood Juggernaut (Jori Daragon chestpiece, Revanite Avenger greaves, Drifter boots):

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, since it's picture time and I found a corner of my stronghold with decently bright lighting, here are each of my alts' outfits:

Smuggler (It's supposed to look like a red jumpsuit with a leather jacket over it)

Inquisitor:

Bounty Hunter:

Agent (now with wrist computer! ...even though you can't see it in the picture)

Warrior (who really needs a shoto lightsaber that isn't thin by the way!):

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Me with my boytoy Malavai.

Just spent the better part of today's playtime coming up with a cheap and decent-looking outfit so I wouldn't have to deal with mismatched gear throughout this playthrough. Next order of business is getting enough dough to buy the chest from the elegant duelist set.

(On that topic, can anyone here craft the Sith Dueling chest? I sold mine only to later realize that I actually liked it. The recipe is a random drop apparently.)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
A lot of really awesome outfits. Is there any easy way to set up like a shared imgur album or something we can all contribute to? Would be cool to have a link to it in the OP.

I'll have to look through my toons and see which ones are my favorite non comedy outfits.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'll look into seeing if I have any good character outfits when I get home, though I'm not much of a pretty princess player. Is there an in-game screenshot button that sends it to the my documents folder or some such?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

All you people with the awesome outfits, don't forget to enter my contest to win some prizes! The details are in one of my posts on the previous page.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

A lot of really awesome outfits. Is there any easy way to set up like a shared imgur album or something we can all contribute to? Would be cool to have a link to it in the OP.

I'll have to look through my toons and see which ones are my favorite non comedy outfits.

Flickr has group functions.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cythereal posted:

I'll look into seeing if I have any good character outfits when I get home, though I'm not much of a pretty princess player. Is there an in-game screenshot button that sends it to the my documents folder or some such?

Print Screen.

And dressing up is so awful in this game after having experienced Guild Wars 2. I don't want to hoard armour pieces and haul them in and out of my bank, just give me a drat UI to choose from all I've unlocked! :arghfist::downs:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hulk Smash! posted:

All you people with the awesome outfits, don't forget to enter my contest to win some prizes! The details are in one of my posts on the previous page.

I'd rather let someone who really wants it win, I'm boring and stick to human or chiss. :v: (Sith if they had eyebrows)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Have an alt you leveled during 12x that you're never going to touch again? Like the idea of improving the Imperial Fleet by tidying it up? Then join the newest guild in the galaxy, cleaning it up and making repairs one space-foot at a time.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Viscera Cleanup Detail - Star Wars Edition? :allears:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Just transferred servers over last week and made my first real imp, bounty hunter Rodesh who's already up to 57.

Here are my pubs.

Smuggler Evelea:

Trooper Kimmen:

Consular Sybalt:

Knight Romark:

pezzie fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 17, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Any point to playing at the moment, before the expansion drops?

I'd like to start leveling the last three classes (Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper) I haven't seen the story of, but those changes sound too good for me to start now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you subscribe there's 12x class experience until Tuesday.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Eimi posted:

And Rincewind now that I am able to log on here are some shots of my stuff. Nothing creative but might give you some ideas.

Valiant Jedi with dye

Revered Seer

I think I got this from Corellia but its just standard heavy armor pieces

Thexxan's robe, though it doesn't dye well

And Karnass Murr, probably my favorite overall which I'll use a ton more once the robe doesn't drape off speeders. :v:

And its not Jugg or Sithy armor but Commissar!

Oh wow, a lot of these are really nice-- especially Thexxan's robe! Maybe I should... actually spend money on cartel coins. I mean, the expansion won't cost any money...

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Better yet, hitting rocket boost counts as "mounting," and it's instant (without the expensive perk), and unlike every other mount, it works indoors. My usual habit is tap rocket boost and then tap my recovery thing which both interrupts rocket boost and tops me off if I took any damage, and then I'm off and running. Pretty much zero down time using this strategy with a tank companion. This is one of the big reasons rocket boost is the best thing anybody can buy with their Hutt Bux.

Also you guys are lucky I'm not in the goon guild cause I dominate the dress-up game:

Nice saber you got there... I have one of those.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Rincewind posted:

Oh wow, a lot of these are really nice-- especially Thexxan's robe! Maybe I should... actually spend money on cartel coins. I mean, the expansion won't cost any money...

Its great because unlike a lot of butt capes, its split in two, so it will never clip through your stomach.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rincewind posted:

Thankfully you can buy pretty much any outfit piece on the GTN with credits.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
My toons (not entering the contest, I already have the Togruta unlock).

Guardian (my main)
My default appearance:

Traditional Jedi robes

Heavy armor

Covert armor

For the casual jedi

Funslinger:

Operative:
Stealth armor

Imperial Uniform

Marauder

Sorc

Trooper

Shadow (same as Marauder for the moment because I haven't found a good set for him yet)

I've only found pieces of a costume for my bounty hunter so no pic there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are some big pistols on that Gunslinger.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Colgate posted:

Any point to playing at the moment, before the expansion drops?

I'd like to start leveling the last three classes (Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper) I haven't seen the story of, but those changes sound too good for me to start now.

Judge for yourself, if you're a former subscriber, one of the referral perks is 7 days subscription time. Plus a few gimmicks that are mostly useless unless you let your subscription lapse to Preferred status.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jan posted:

Print Screen.

I'm home now and trying to, but hitting the print screen key isn't doing anything. I'd ask in gchat, but this alt isn't guilded. Haven't touched her in years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine broke yesterday too for some reason, so I've been using the Windows snipping tool.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I'm home now and trying to, but hitting the print screen key isn't doing anything. I'd ask in gchat, but this alt isn't guilded. Haven't touched her in years.

It doesn't do the typical printscreen + paste behaviour. It should show up in the Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Screenshot folder.

Speaking of which, I guess I could participade in this thing. I found this old shot of my Juggernaut arriving at the fleet. Not the best outfit since it's just the starter gear, but I like the Team Red thing I have going with Vette. :3:

vvvvv

There were a whole 10 people active the other day. Double digits!

Jan fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 17, 2015

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
How active is the Republic side guild? Thinking about coming back but may want to Republic side since I played almost entirely Empire at launch

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

How active is the Republic side guild? Thinking about coming back but may want to Republic side since I played almost entirely Empire at launch

We're super active now, there's like 5 people on at any time now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
who has a referral code and wants the referral

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

MotU posted:

who has a referral code and wants the referral
edited out so someone else can use code

vanbags fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 27, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

I did it~

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jan posted:

It doesn't do the typical printscreen + paste behaviour. It should show up in the Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Screenshot folder.

Ah, thank you.

As such, here's my old Juggernaut. I could swear her proportions don't look that weird in-game, and I'll probably dust her off in KOTFE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's 1600x1024 so yeah it's stretched for some reason.

It should be 1600x900 (or 1800x1200 if you're using 4:3 somehow.)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I already have togruta unlocked so I'm not partaking in the contest anyhow, I just liked that Juggernaut look I put together back in vanilla - it's almost entirely orange gear, and was back when purple crystals were upwards of 2 million on the gtn.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Welp I'm subscribed now thanks to that Amazon thing, thanks for the tip about US shipping addresses.

So here, have a referral link for anyone who still needs one: http://www.swtor.com/r/Mw4Bz3

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Casyl posted:

Traditional Jedi robes

What chest is that for the traditional Jedi robe?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jan posted:

Speaking of which, I guess I could participade in this thing. I found this old shot of my Juggernaut arriving at the fleet. Not the best outfit since it's just the starter gear, but I like the Team Red thing I have going with Vette. :3:

vvvvv

There were a whole 10 people active the other day. Double digits!

I've noticed that sometimes print screen won't work. I have to mash the button till the screen hangs a little bit. No idea why.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Not posting for the contest either and also not in the guild or even the same server but here are the fruits of my pretty-princessing labors:

Khrypto the Assassin, mishandling his saber:

Kharria the Commando, glory to the Republic, etc:

Sirlok the Guardian, standing on a couch:

Blastera the Gunslinger, did I mention her space guns:

Gobee the Juggernaut, all fat and sad:

Ibanna the Mercenary, living avatar of that Red and Orange dye you get from fleet:

Keot'ish'aura the Operative, agentus incognito:

Hamo the Sage, prodigal Jedgoon:

Treisa the Shadow, victim of unfortunate framing:

And last but not least, Leskoro the Sniper, robot man I'm saving for 4.0:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

A couple of items for next week's change to 4.0

On crafting:

So learn all those schematics from your trainers and buy missing ones from the GTN if you want to craft them for appearance tab slots post-4.0

On the GTN:

Wait, so what do you buy exactly? And how is crafting going to work moving forward?

• Locked thread